Days of Our Lives - Thu., Sept. 19, 2019

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Square: Nicole and Eric talk about Holly adjusting (she and Arianna are being watched by Maggie). They are happy, this is real life. (Nicole can't believe that Jack let Kristen get away with her crimes.) Abe interrupts them, he is so happy that she's here and really herself; she wants to make sure Brandon knows what's happened. (She's been playing phone tag because of the time difference.) They worry about Kristen, who is focused on capturing Brady and DiMera. (Nicole is shocked that Abe works at DiMera.) Nicole has no plans beyond spending time with Eric & Holly. Abe leaves; Nicole wants to pick up Holly, but Eric worries about Sarah seeing them together. They decide she's strong enough, so they go together to the Kmansion to get Holly.

Kmansion Living Room: Xander and Sarah talk about her decision regarding her pregnancy. She has decided to terminate the pregnancy. She never wants Eric to know she was pregnant. Cue Eric and Nicole at the open door of the living room, mouths agape. Do you think they heard? Of course they didn't. Nicole & Eric are just mad that Xander is harassing Sarah, which he isn't. Sarah leaves; Xander tells Eric he's not the bad guy. Eric rages and Xander goads him. Eric lunges, Nicole backs him down, and Xander keeps goading him.

Pub Entrance: Kristen wants to talk to the still-running Brady. She reveals that she has testified on Tony's behalf; she claims she did it for him. She freed Tony to prove she's a better person, and she freed Jennifer. (Red herring, she just meant freeing Jennifer from seeing amnesiac Jack around town.) She makes a plea to live openly with him and moves in for the kill.

Captivity Room: Jennifer screams as her captor silences her phone, and leaves. There are numerous scenes of her struggling, and she has flashbacks of her youth with Jack. (Two scenes, way too old to link. One is of Jennifer worrying she's gone too far and Jack vowing they'll figure a way out, and the other I think is from the island after the Cruise of Deception.) She manages to break her right arm's restraints, removes her gag, and hollers.

Hospital: Jack leaves a message for Jennifer; JJ thinks something smells phony and that someone else sent the text because Adrienne and Jennifer keep each other in the loop about everything and Jennifer wouldn't have ignored Jack's call. Cut to Eve, removing gloves in the Private Area. Back at the hospital, JJ and Jack worry about Jen and Rolf. Rolf appears, wearing black gloves. Rolf says he needed time to get away after losing his life's work, they demand to know what he did to Jennifer. He's unaware of what's happened, wants to restart his work.

Back at the Private Area, Eve and Abe talk about how she regrets getting Jack elected mayor. She suggests they team up to bring him down. He rejects her offer, says seeking revenge for loneliness isn't a way to bring them peace. The best thing is to let it go.

Hospital: Rolf talks to Kayla about lab space and supplies. Kayla reminds him that she's not happy he's working on his own projects on her dime. (She'll still get him what he needs though.)

Pub Front: Abe interrupts Brady by sternly saying his name. Kristen tells him to get to work, lest she need to step in; Abe claims Stefan and Gabi have things under control. Kristen doubts this; Brady zips out. Abe gloats.

Hospital: JJ and Kayla talk about Julie, then about Jennifer's disappearance. (JJ states that they were to meet her this morning.) They engage in wild speculation about Eve's possible culpability (and it's too early to file a missing persons report.) Kayla doubts it's Eve. She immediately zeroes in on Shah.

Hotel room: Eve has two bags of food. Jack arrives, demands to know why. Eve says she wouldn't feed Jennifer if she'd kidnapped her, and certainly not from her favorite bakery. Jack wonders who may have then.

Square: Brady looks jumpy, Abe stops by and offers him some water. Brady admits he needs something stronger, and is having trouble cleansing Kristen from his system.

Kmansion Living Room: Kristen shows up (allegedly looking for Brady) and lays into Xander, then laments that Brady isn't swooning for her. Kristen needles and Xander reveals that Sarah's pregnant.

Private Area: Sarah calls to make an appointment for her abortion.

Eric's Apartment: Nicole has put Holly down, and she and Eric cuddle on the couch. Nicole declares that this is everything she's ever wanted.

Captivity: Jennifer is yelling for help. She hears her captor approaching and replaces her gag. Dr Shah enters.

It was hard to tell with the dark blue but I swear it looked like Sarah was starting to show. If she is, then it is definitely Xander's kid!! And of course her back is to the door when she's saying the one thing she doesn't want anyone to hear. But typically since they were only 5 feet behind her they didn't hear anything. Had they been 10 feet away they would have heard everything.

Finally we see it is Dr. Shah! That's who I thought it would be. Eve with the black gloves and extra food were just red herrings. I still don't see a respected doctor going all crazy because Jen dumped him twice. She's not that great a catch! And does she think he's deaf? She's screaming, hears him coming back and puts the gag back?

I think Brady needs to go to Bayview if he is still completely attracted to Kristen!! The woman is old enough to be his mother!! I want it to stop.

She [Kristen] actually was his [Brady's] stepmother at one point.
While John and Kristen did live together as an engaged couple, and co-parent baby EJ at first (known then as baby John), they were never married. So Kristen wasn't Brady's stepmother, even though she did take care of him as a toddler.

Call the Vatican: In addition to being a self-proclaimed Ms. Lonelyhearts, Kristen seems to think that she's now some kind of do-gooding secular saint. Will the delusional witch next ask Brady to put in a good for her with Bishop Wright who could then contact the Vatican about starting canonization proceedings?

Defaming the Dead: Today, Abe said that Stefano left an "awful legacy." How would Theo and Johnny feel about somebody slandering their beloved Nono.

Empty Words: Kayla assured Rolf that hospital security was "on" the trashing of his lab. This is almost as ludicrous as saying that the Salem P.D. is "on" something.

Mind Your Tongue: If Xander wants to break into respectable Salem society, he ought to learn to watch his mouth. If the X-Man can pull off keeping others' deep, dark secrets, he'll go right to the top among Salem's leading citizens.

Call Bayview: Batty Dr. Shah has now risked his medical career by kidnapping Jenny as a way to punish her for repeatedly jilting him? This man seriously needs professional help. Maybe Ben's old padded cell is available.

Mr. Ineffective: Sourpuss Eric really should give up glowering at Xander and making empty threats. By now, he should realize that to the X-Man, his angry squawking is just background noise.

LOL, they don't wear them in winter, so why not? Guess all those black leather gloves were to have us wondering which one was the nasty kidnapper of the fair maiden in distress....Jennifer Horton, who screams bloody murder when she frees herself, but doesn't get up, go for the window, the phone, nada!

Thanks, Jason.

Nice clue with the black gloves with Rolf and Eve wearing them. Too bad it was spoiled
that it was Henry Shah.

I liked Nicole's hair today.

The restaurant on the square changed it's name. It's now called Bistro.

Sad to see Bo's picture gone. I wish they could keep it up with the other
family pictures.

Nice flashback with Jack and Jennifer.

Nicole mentioned Brandon's name.

Has Nicole forgotten she lives in Salem? Today might be a good day, but
something usually happens the next day.

Xander blew it when he let it slip to Kristen that Sarah is pregnant.

While John and Kristen did live together as an engaged couple, and co-parent baby EJ at first (known then as baby John), they were never married. So Kristen wasn't Brady's stepmother, even though she did take care of him as a toddler.
Kristen is at least 30 years older than Brady. Although he was about 6 when John and Marlena left for one of their honeymoons and about 18 when they came back, so I guess that makes Kristen only about 18 years older than Brady.

Yes, Kristen was about 30 when she and John first got involved. Due to the double-SORAS of the Brady character and now the "de-aging" of Kristen with the recast, unfortunately, they're much closer in age now. I guess we're not supposed to remember Kristen bouncing baby Brady on her knee.

mbradydaddyseyes.gif
bradyjohnkristenkisspier.gif
bradykristenposs.gif

In real life, Eileen Davidson (original Kristen) is 60; Stacy Haiduk (current Kristen) is 51 and Eric Martsolf (Brady) is 48.

Yeah, if you go backwards, then Kristen should've been around 4 to 7 years old during that storyline now. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But we know on the soaps that adult characters get frozen in time when it comes to their ages, or they even de-age, while the kiddies get older and older, until they're old enough to freeze their ages.

Heck, I'm surprised they didn't have Hope get pregnant with Rafe's baby, even though she has a 20-something year old grandchild, and could be a great-grandmother if Claire had gotten pregnant to Theo or Tripp.

I just now watched this episode. I skipped the Kristen scenes. The one thing that made the rest of the episode worth watching for me was Jack's facial expressions as he listened to Dr. Rolf ramble on. I also enjoyed the flashbacks of Jennifer and Jack when they were young. They almost looked like teenagers!

Back