Days of Our Lives - Thurs., 8/20/15

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Short summary:

Clyde sat at the bar, needling Rafe about how he used to be an FBI agent, then a detective and now he slings drinks at a bar. Rafe gets some snide comments in, while Clyde boasts about being clean as a whistle in that town. How no one can touch him.

Hope calls in the attack on Aiden. John and Marlena come to the hotel room. Aiden sticks to his story about a guy in a mask attacking and robbing him. He refuses medical help. John and Marlena leave, while Hope continues talking to Aiden. He tells her that he suspected something was off with Clyde and he had his PI look into it. He lies and says the PI came up with nothing, Clyde is clean. The rumors of his dirty dealings were started by a business rival back in Poplar Bluff. Hope "seems" to buy it.

She says they can't stay at the hotel and invites him to spend the night at her home. He asks what about the kids and she reminds him they are at sleepovers.

Paige and JJ talk about him doing the undercover work. He tells her he's worried about her being involved with Kyle and to stay away from him. They go round and round in another boring and pointless conversation. Later he goes to Kyle's and they talk. JJ notices the piece of paper with the combination to the safe on the floor (that he had knocked down while breaking into the safe) and manages to stoop down and pocket it without Kyle seeing him.

John and Marlena discuss him going into the ISA.

A few comments about various characters: Paigie-poo: She says she now running her life. She's doing a great job, passing up Stanford and dating a known drug dealer. Aiden: What's with this guy? As the Tommy Lee Jones character said in The Fugitive, "Cosmo, this guy's dirty." John & Hope: Another great exhibition of Salem P.D. expertise: Marlena's in the hotel room before the forensics team and nobody is checking under Aiden's fingernail's for the attacker's skin or sweeping the room or for any hairs he may have lost in the brawl. Clyde: This guy's way too confident. Who does he think he is, Stefano DiMera? Marlena: She shouldn't worry about John joining the ISA. Recent history shows the only danger is to people in their unsafe "safe houses."

Last edited:
I agree. I think (and hope) Aiden is just running scared from Clyde. It would make the most sense. I wonder if we will actually see Hope's home tomorrow??? She said she wants to take care of Aiden and can't imagine her life without him. They also had a conversation about trust--she talked about how she couldn't trust Bo after Zack died (he was covering for Chelsea who hit Zack with Bo's SUV). Hope trusts Aiden. Again, I'm personally hoping these are not anvils even though I know some folks think they are.

The scenes with Rafe and Clyde were fantastic! Some great zingers from both of them. I wish Clyde had been written this way all along.

GREAT GREAT GREAT to see Marlena treating Aiden instead of Daniel Jonas, whom I was expecting to be called. I also liked that John and Marlena came together and he didn't just abandon her when the call came in.

LOVED the mention of Stella Lombard! And John and Marlena's talk in general--I wish it had happened months ago. I also loved John saying he is Belle and Brady's father and the spy who loves her.
:love::love::love::love:

Meh to the Paige/JJ/Kyle stuff but as I said yesterday I think it's on for a reason. Every storyline today was 1 degree from Clyde and the drug connection. I also like that John is involved with Clyde now too.

John and Marlena: When John said "I'm the spy who loves you" in my head I instantly heard Carly Simon croonng "Nobody does it better/half as good as you/Baby you're the best." LOL For the younger members who may be scratching their heads those are some of the lyrics to the title song to the 1977 James Bond flick "The Spy Who Loved Me." As to the substance of the scenes themselves I appreciated seeing two mature adults actually dealing with an issue that's sprung between them in a mature and adult fashion. I'm not sure the matter got completely resolved but it was nice nonetheless.

Hope/Aidan: Okay, I can understand why Aidan did what he did; it was to protect Chase and Hope I get it. But still I have to say "ARRGGHHH!!" This is so frustrating especially when you add in the scenes of that smug rassum-frassum going on and on to Rafe about how untouchable he is.

The look in Aidan's eyes at the end gave me an uneasy feeling. I have a bad feeling about where this may be going.

Great show for John and Marlena fans :love:

I almost cried when they talked in the park. Enjoyed their kiss.
Will Marlena give in to what John needs? I wonder where the
flowers went since they didn't get to the hotel.

I loved John's line about being a spy. He also said "death and DiMera's"
were included with their wedding vows.

Interesting conversation Rafe and Clyde had.

Hope now trusts Aiden. Oh well, it's Salem. And Aiden can finally
go to her house for a sleepover

Beautiful conversation between John and Marlena. These longer scenes are allowing time for good dialogue. Vast improvement. I saw on another site a comment from Jason47 that the scene counts have been way down the past two days. It definitely shows. I'm not sure exactly where they are headed with this Hope/Aiden story but it just feels like they're really setting it up as another trust issue given the conversation with Julie and now that he is keeping this secret from her. I would rather see him confide in her about Clyde and maybe bring Rafe in on it and the three of them investigate and get the goods on Clyde and bring him down.

The line of the day was from Rafe to Clyde: "You're like the US Congress, all talk and no action" :clap:And even Clyde's follow up to that was great too: "I get plenty of action" :rotfl:

I'm just glad the new writers addressed the absurdity of Hope and Aiden constantly getting a hotel room for their extracurricular activities. At first I could understand it but considering these two have been together for a year and their children are obviously fine with the relationship it just made no sense why these two continued to have sex in hotel rooms all these months. I understand they didn't want to or couldn't budget to use Hope's house set or give Aiden a house set but really all they had to create was a bedroom limbo set and it would have been fine. This whole hotel sex thing has really cheapened their relationship in my opinion.

This whole hotel sex thing has really cheapened their relationship in my opinion.

At least Hope didn't do anything tasteless like shag Aiden right then and there in hers and Bo's marital bed. *cough*Bo and Carly*cough*

Hope took the time to divorce Bo and dated Aiden for a year before bringing him to her home and her bed.

More glorious would be actually seeing Hope's house!!!!

I've got one better, Bo waltzing in on his fancy face getting it on with Mr. Jennings. Or just as Bo and Hope are on the verge of reuniting romantically, she discovers she's pregnant with Aiden's child. And this time there's no chance of the baby magically becoming Bo's.

Either way, for once, Hope's other man gets the last laugh on Bo.

Last edited:
Back