Days of Our Lives - Thurs., 8/4/2016

Thank you for the update. It was pre-empted here in Arizona due to the President's news conference.

Thanks for the summaries, to all of you who did them while I was behind. Here are my thoughts:

Kayla/Patch/Joey/Jade: I want to see more of this. Sure, it can be annoying at times, because Kayla can't decide whether or not she wants Fynn or Patch. But I'll take it over the Hope/Rafe/Aiden/Andre overkill or seeing anymore of Summer. They've had a long enough time off-screen, so it would be nice seeing them on the front burner for a few days.

Kayla's illness should definitely be a major storyline. I also hope that Steve decides to remain with Black Patch. They seem to have just barely started when he left! I hate that because it had major potential. As for Joey & Jade, I'm warming up to them.

Aiden/Hope/Rafe/Andre/Hernandi: I'm sick of the Jennings duo and want them to leave Salem already; ditto Andre. We've had enough of these types of villains over the years, and it's just getting old. Even worse is the fact that they're all on front burner for days on end, so we barely get a reprieve. I like Hope and I like Rafe, but just not together---no chemistry!

Rafe should be paired with Nicole, and Hope needs to be single for a while for the sake of her family. I'd like more scenes with her and Shawn-D, Belle, and Claire. Why hasn't she been focusing more on Ciara after her whole ordeal? Hope also needs counseling for what she has been through this past year. I also like seeing more of Gabi, and hopefully she will share scenes more with JJ, Ari and Sonny.

I like Mami, but her worrying about Rafe all the time is getting old. Let's see her involved more with what's going on with Eduardo and all those notes. Maybe Blanca will be tied in and make it interesting. And Dario needs to leave Salem. Boring and annoying character, and I don't want him with Nicole or Chloe.

Belle/Philip/Shawn-D/Chloe: Belle is very annoying and I'd like her to leave town very soon. She's good in lawyer mode around Chad, but otherwise is acting like Sami. Enough! Chloe's return is good but I hate the fact that she's pregnant. I also don't want her getting jealous of Nicole & Deimos.

She still hasn't apologized to Nikki for how she treated her in 2013 when she went kookoo with Daniel & Jennifer. I hate saying this, but I almost hope she loses the baby so we don't have to see a rehash of Nicole/EJ/Sami from 2008-09, or Nicole/Daniel/Jennifer/EJ from 2012.

Nicole/Deimos/Kiriakis clan: The Tatenapping would be good if he wasn't already kidnapped by Kristen (if you can call it that) before. Furthermore, Brady & Theresa still haven't grown on me as a couple, so it's hard to root for them, even if Theresa is more tolerable. I'd rather see Brady back with Nicole. Summer was unbearable; glad she's gone.

And I have hated Maggie's constant whining and crying and Victor being a less-than-caring husband, uncle, and person in general. Hopefully now that Deimos is trying to be better, this will change. I also hope that Victor isn't really behind the Tatenapping. As for Nicole & Deimos, this feels like Sami & EJ all over again (ok, a bit more tolerable, but still toxic). They barely know each other, so how are they "in love" and proposing and making love already? Just feels rushed and artificial. I'll never understand why Nicole wasn't just paired with Brady or Rafe, or even left single for a while to work more.

I'm glad Sonny is back, and do appreciate all the scenes with Paul in them. Hopefully we get more of this, and more of Sonny's parents and Lucas to come. I also have been enjoying Marlena & John as of late. Is a wedding in store for them in the fall? Hopefully, because we need some more romance here.

Jennifer/Ciara/Chad: The Abigail storyline needs to be brought to an end soon. After everything Chad & Abby have been through these past few years, they deserve happiness as a family. I also hate that Jennifer went from a pill-popping addict back to being a shrew, as she was from 2011-2014.

Why couldn't she just focus more on her family and supporting Hope instead of trying to get custody of Thomas? For that matter, JJ's acting like a butt as well! Don't enjoy this aspect of the story.

Back