Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Aug. 27, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, August 27, 2015

Chad wakes up with a monumental hangover, groaning, moaning, barely able to get up, as he has hazy, fuzzy, blurry memories of the day/night before. The conversation with Abby at DiMansion, Stefano, his daydream, Serena,. they all keep swirling, black & white, color, superimposed one on the other. This goes on thruout the show. He manages to get up over to a table, opens a bottle of water, gulps nearly all of it down. (the sound effects are very good).
Meanwhile, Abby wakes up to Ben bringing her breakfast in bed, scrambled eggs, bacon, O.J. and even muffins. Lots of talk of the coming baby, and going shopping, as daddy dearest gave Ben his credit card. She is finished (but the bacon & eggs on still on the plate, and later they are walking on the square, having done a bit of shopping, joking about what they did not buy, and what Ben did sneak & buy for the baby. They are kissing and carrying on, as Chad spots them thru a window. He is having coffee I guess, gets up, pays his bill, as outside Ben distracts Abby so she won't see Chad.

Eric calls Hope, seems Serena has not shown up at work, big project at the hospital, she would not just ditch it, they called him as he is her emergency number. Too early for missing persons, if Hope hears anything, will let him know. Throughout the show, Eric is seen calling and leaving messages for Serena, calling the hotel to check on her, all her clothes, luggage and even her laptop are still in her room.

Jen is going over the fund raising plan for the Horton Center with a distracted JJ, when Roman & Agent Watts arrives. Seems there are rumblings around that JJ is dealing Meth from the Horton Center, and Jennifer is cover ing it up. It is on the internet. Both deny it, are told to stay put, don't do anything, warned how this all can backfire, with Kyle & his boss either thinking that JJ has too much attention and dumping him, or him getting hurt.

Eve is happily hearing all this, as Paige runs into Kyle, who is on his way to a meeting. She asks if it is with JJ, mentions how people make up stuff about him, at school, as JJ does this music stuff, but Kyle lets her know that he has heard some stuff, but from a grown woman, not a kid. She rushes off after he leaves, meeting her mother, who is delighted, but Paige is angry, wanting to know what she has done. Eve evades, tries to talk of how Paige is an A studen, should be at Stamford now, not mixed up with these two guys, and later talking about it will be over and it will all go away. Paige is pretty angry, telling her mom she put a big target on JJ's back, but Eve really seems not to care. Paige quickly leaves, gets hold of JJ, who meets her, warns him that someone has told Kyle that JJ is a snitch, he is in danger. JJ thanks her, tells her Kyle cannot see her anywhere near him, it will be over soon. She kisses his cheek, says to be careful.

John & Marlena are in some room at the cop shop, a lots of boxes of old files, John is going over them, Rafe comes in talking of all his paperwork, except for the psych evaluation, so Marlena says let's do that right now. They go off, Hope chats with John a bit, he has put his notes about various cases on the front page of the files.
Aiden has come in, saying he needs to make a call, can he use Hope's office. Sure, she leaves to join John, while Aiden calls someone making plans for a special place or something to surprise Hope. He opens the ring box, large purple stone, surrounded by diamonds. He wants everything to be perfect.

Rafe comes in to see Roman, who is looking over his paperwork. He warns Rafe that last time he bent the rules, and he won't tolerate him doing it again. Rafe promises not to do so. Roman warns he will make sure Rafe never works for the dept. again if he does, Rafe again promises. He thanks Roman for giving him this chance, talks of having his respect when he used to be his son-in-law, and hopes to earn his respect again. Roman eases up, then welcomes Rafe back on the force.

Maggie & Julie come to see Jennifer, all upset about the rumors about Jen & JJ doing drugs from the Horton Center. She assures them it is all false, JJ is fine, not doing drugs, gets a bit frustrated because she cannot tell them what is going on. Says to have the receptionist just say Jennifer is not associated with the Center, not even on the board, and despite protests from Maggie & Julie, is sending in her resignation, they will have it via e-mail before they even get there. Later, she calls JJ, leaving a message to call her before he talks to anyone, it is important, she has something to tell him.

Eric is in the park, trying once again to call Serena, but as he hears the ring,. he hears her phone ring. He looks around, spots her purse, peers thru the shrubs, and sees her body. He calls Hope, says he found Serena in the park. He is kneeling, checking for a neck pulse. Serena's eyes are wide open. He says "she is dead".

Chad has returned to his darkened room, grabs a bottle of wine, pulls out the cork, turns the light on in the bathroom (??), then turns on the TV as he takes a big swig of whatever is in the bottle. The TV announcer says the body of the young woman found dead in the park has been identified. She is Serena Mason. Chad sits up in shock, turning up the sound and staring at the TV.

I loved everything about today! What I loved most though was Julie Williams! Her reactions to that online article were GOLD.

"Well we knew you weren't the new drug lord of Salem" :rotfl:

Chad's flashback montage, the staging of Serena's body, and the urgency portrayed in Jennifer's scenes were some outstanding production/directing. This was, I think, the best complete episode by the new writers to date.

Chad's hangover seemed more like someone who'd been drugged. I wonder what happened to him after he left TBD.

Wow, what an improvement from yesterday! Thanks for the summary.

The vets and Rafe being on today was fantastic. So glad that Rafe is back on the force, where he always should've been. The character was trashed too much after he and Sami split. From bedding Kate to that coma, being with Jordan to being a bartender, it was just too much. Now the only thing to do for the writers (in my opinion) is get him with Nicole and give him a lot of mysteries to solve! I also liked the way Jennifer handled everything today. Here's to hoping she takes down Eve!

I don't get Eric. He keeps telling Serena that he doesn't want to be friends with her, yet obsessively searches for the redheaded conniver? I know it's for "da plot", but still...I do think everything with Chad was handled well.

Abigail & Ben are FF material. SO boring! On the other hand, for once I didn't tune out the teen stuff. I'm glad that Paige (who for once is actually being smart) put everything together and confronted her mother.

Residual thoughts:

Paige kissed JJ out of nowhere. That can't be a good sign.

Ben pretty much told Abby that he's never letting her out of his sight ever again LOL. Sitting around the hospital until she's done working is possessive to the extreme.

Eve has no guilt whatsoever that she has put a target on JJ's back.

Pretty good show today. Still too much JJ/Paige/Kyle/Eve though. Do places of employment really call an emergency contact person that quickly when someone doesn't show up for work? This thing with Eric just seemed a little silly.

I really liked the production/direction of the Chad scenes. I like that they are trying new things and being creative.

Looking forward to tomorrow!! <----when was the last time I said that??? :clap:

Today was still a bit choppy but by far the best episode this week. A lot of characters used in short spurts too.

Glad Rafe is back. I did NOT like Roman's attitude one bit but I did appreciate the acknowledgement that Rafe was married to Sami. FINALLY!!!!!

Love that Marlena was at the station both helping John and treating Rafe. Just wish we had actually seen her doing the evaluation.

Melissa Archer (Serena) looked stunningly creepy dead. I thought Eric had a good reaction too. Well done all around. Can't wait for Nicole's reaction.

LOVED that we saw Chad eating at a restaurant INSIDE HTS. Ben doesn't bore me but he is now creeping me out. I suppose he still could redeem himself if he finds out the truth about his dad but at this point he needs serious therapy as he is very insecure.

Which leads me to Aiden. I'm still hoping this is all a red herring with him. We don't need 2 creepy guys with beloved heroines.

Billy Flynn (Chad) was on point today. He pretty much was alone in every scene, something not easy to do well. He nailed it and then some. Also, loved that Chad is staying at the Salem Inn.

Jennifer looked fabulous today. Sad she had to resign from the Horton Center Board--hopefully that is temporary. Loved the close up of Jack's photo next to a distraught Jennifer. Eve is a moron and I need her to get punished in a very bad way.

Edited to add: My biggest pet peeve was that Jennifer somehow managed to call Abigail while she was in the midst of talking with JJ, Roman and Watts? Bad editing there.

I just wanted to hug Chad outside the coffee shop. Poor guy. Ben loved sticking it to Chad that Abigail was his, moron! Can't wait until he is dumped. Abigail's giddy happiness was well played by Kate Mansi but again the other shoe has not yet dropped.

Did my ears deceive me or was Sami's and Rafe's marriage actually acknowledged! Colour me shocked. After the hack job done with these two having them act like strangers it was a nice use of history to mention their marriage and that Rafe was Roman's son in law. Rafe has nothing to prove to Roman in my opinion.

Jennifer and company were good. Good acting by all.

Did my ears deceive me or was Sami's and Rafe's marriage actually acknowledged! Colour me shocked. After the hack job done with these two having them act like strangers it was a nice use of history to mention their marriage and that Rafe was Roman's son in law.

Color me shocked too. I almost fell off the couch.

Color me even more shocked that Melissa Salmons wrote this episode.

Heather, I was so glad because I was not happy that Sami and Rafe's goodbye centred around EJ. However the last happy moment between Sami and Rafe was written by Dena Higley, with her cancer scare and them all (kids in tow) eating a banana split together, sigh. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you wonder why the hospital is calling Eric with such urgency because Serena did not show up for work, and yet both Jen & Abby are home, with Abby just waking up, and then going shopping, while Jen sort of paces around. How come no call into them?

I was so glad because I was not happy that Sami and Rafe's goodbye centred around EJ. However the last happy moment between Sami and Rafe was written by Dena Higley, with her cancer scare and them all (kids in tow) eating a banana split together, sigh.

I disagree. They seemed pretty happy back when they almost reconciled in early 2013. However, I agree that the goodbye scene was a joke as was Sami's extended goodbye scene with Hope who was basically a non-presence in Sami's life.

Let me rephrase that, it was the last happy moment before the start of the hack job by Marlene McPherson and Daryl Thomas. Which was then continued with Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell under NBC or Sony's influence, in my opinion.

Sure we were given nice moments, a shower scene, the nice Valentine's moment and the moment at the apartment before the reintroduction of Carrie and Austin and John and Marlena, but it was obvious what they were attempting to do. So I couldn't really enjoy it. Not to mention their vow renewal was bad and I don't think I need to say why.

I think it was great that they didn't get back together after again that misleading stunt, Sami was all over the place regardless of how she went off or felt about Gabi at the time. I want nice scenes between them for a final draw to closure and then please give the man a love interest.

Last edited:
Yeah you'd think the Horton Center Board role is a side thing. The way she was talking today it was as if that was her full time job, not the hospital. :rolleyes:
It probably is. For some time, Jenny has been treating her P.R. job at the hospital almost like a no-show job. Speaking of Jenny, if anyone ever entrusts another drug investigation job to Frick and Frack, aka Roman and Watts, they should pick an undercover agent who doesn't have a helicopter parent. And what were these two geniuses doing at the Deveraux home? Suppose creepy Clyde had one of his even creepier flunkies keeping an eye on the place? Elsewhere, it's good to see Rafe back on the job. Hopefully, he runs a professional investigation of the murder of the hapless Bluebird and doesn't try to railroad Chad the way the Salem P.D. and ISA did with EJ for the "murder" of Stefano. Finally, Eve better hope that nothing happens to JJ. The way Paigie-poo was acting toward her today, if things go bad, Eve could end up like Lizzie Borden's step-mother.

Last edited:
Back