Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Aug. 28, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, August 28, 2014

EJ is dutifully calling all the board members per Sami's request, when she walks in, wearing a low cut flowered dress, hair curled, EJ smiles in appreciation. (Being she was just in that orange outfit, sealing packages). He mentions a couple of board members, figures they will tell Harold they are ready for lunch, but she wants to go out. And over to the Pub they go. A couple of people note them there, but tis o.k. Then Roman walks in, and says loudly that he hopes this is a divorce discussion. She pulls her father on the side, tells him she is o.k. and to let her handle this. He agrees and leaves. The rest of the time EJ & Sami spend mostly chitchatting about their kids, EJ showing her a video Johnny sent from camp, Sami admitting that Allie & Sydney sent her one. yada, yada, all sweetness & honey.

Abby & Ben are now locked into the storage room, as he left the key outside in the lock. She berates herself for not realizing that box had to be there for a reason. Ben says they might be there for a while, no signal for their cell phone, being they are in the basement, but Sonny knows where he is, and will come looking for him. And luckily they are in the storage room, because there are cans of food, dishes, glasses (glad all are clean) utensils, bottles of wine. Even a lovely tablecloth. Guess what, he even has a can opener in his back pocket. So.....Abby creates some kind of salad with albacore tuna, red tablecloth on the floor, candles, low lights, glasses of wine. Hey, lovely picnic. LOL. They have a nice time, she says they had better clean up, they get up, lights back on, plates picked up, tablecloth folded. And then, they are up close and personal, begin kissing, and are really going strong, when Abby begins having flashbacks of her & EJ in that storage room.

Replay of JJ opening the door to Eve, asking her what Theresa told her...nothing, she replies. She wonders where Paige is, he says unpacking. She came for her check, well, mom is not there, neither is Abby. She begins talking of his music, and her love of it, how much she enjoyed it. She wants him to play for her, we only hear the last few bars. She mentions a song she loves, he probably never heard it before, tries to sing a couple notes of Shenandoah, but seems unable. He talks her into it, and he plays along as she sings that old song, with him joining in here and there. (It really is lovely). But within the 2nd verse, her voice evidently gives out, she rants about it. talks of why she wanted the money from Jack's book. He knows....Paige's college and her operation. She tells him that maybe she & his mother don't get along too well, but perhaps she & JJ can manage to do so.

Maggie comes to see Daniel, he is typing up info for the DA about the drugs used on Eric by Kristen. She thinks Kristen may try to retaliate against him, nope, she is going to jail. Maggie now mentions Eve, the trouble maker, telling the tale of how she hit Sarah with a car, that it was an accident, but Eve seems to always want to stir up some kind of trouble. Daniel is not worried about her, but Maggie thinks he should keep a watchful eye.

Theresa meanwhile, is warning Paige all about guys getting what they want and dumping her, and JJ will do the same. They go to the club, where Theresa talks of being like a big sister to Paige. She says Paige probably things Shane & Kim are great, but not so growing up with them. Never did anything for Theresa, except judge her. Theresa wants to be like a big sis to Paige, but Paige doesn't like her bashing JJ, she sounds like her mom. She remarks her mom always has taken care of and looked out for her. Theresa says it really is vice versa.....you take care of her. She needs someone to do that, and you fill the bill. Daniel comes in with Parker, spots Theresa giving her doom & gloom lecture, but stays out of it, til Theresa leaves. He joins Paige, doesn't know what Theresa was saying, but advises Paige to ignore it. Paige notes that Theresa was bad mouthing men, JJ in particular. Daniel advises her to ignore whatever she said. Paige agrees, she is smart and was on to her.
JJ comes in, mentions her mom was at his house. Paige worries that Theresa might have told Eve, despite promising not to. Nope, she wanted that check. Dan has to leave, JJ & Paige promise to watch Parker.
But Theresa has gone over to the apartment, and told Eve her surveillance report. How JJ was all over Paige, exploring all parts of her body, if Eve gets her drift. Eve is furious, and claims that is absolutely the end of JJ Deveraux.

Aiden has stopped to ask if Hope is o.k. She is obviously in pain, cannot walk with that charley horse. He runs, too, knows what to do, sits down, begins massaging her calf. They exchange a few words, very few, until finally Hope says he did it, all better. He tells her to see if she can stand on it. Yep. They both begin to go in opposite directions, but Aiden stops, calls her back. He doesn't like this, what they are doing, and wants to talk. She has to know about his feelings for her. Oooh, Hope looks odd, questioning. He tells her she is beautiful, smart......she adds "and married". Yes, she is married, he knows she loves her husband. And he himself did not want to develop feelings for anyone.
She figures he misses his late wife. Nope, had a lousy marriage, fought all the time, stayed together for Chase. Then she died. and he realized something, that he had been a lousy husband. He is not a good person. She doesn't agree, look at all the good he has done since he came to Salem, for JJ, St. Lukes, other people. He is a good person. But Aiden disagrees. No, he is not. He gets up, telling her she is just going to have to take his word on this.....then leaves.

Back at the Pub, Sami gets a text or something, figures she might be getting a video from Johnny. She reads, her face gets solemn, as she says Oh, my God!

Well, I guess that settles the discussions we've had on this board about whether Bo and Hope are married or not. I think it makes sense. Even though nothing was said specifically, I think the writers want us to assume that either the "marriage" of Hope/John was never valid or if it was, Bo/Hope remarried at some point offscreen.

So apparently Abigail must not be over her feelings for EJ. Hmmmm. Or perhaps she just doesn't want her first time with Ben to be in a storage room and this is her mind's way of telling her to stop.

EJ/Sami were so cutesy I wanted to run to the bathroom and barf every time they were on. Ugh! Paging Kate! Where are you to set Sami straight?!

I hope Sept/Oct are better because Aug has been a snoozefest for Days. :eek:

What is it with Theresa and Eve so worried about JJ and Paige who are adults getting "close". I am sure they enjoyed it when men were all over them at that age. It was just a filler for Ben and Abby to be locked in the basement. I wonder if it was Stefano or Kate telling Sami that Stefano was returning to Salem? Why else would she say "Oh my God!"?

Why else would she [Sami] say "Oh my God!"?
She's tapped into all of Stefano's cameras around town and she got a heads up that Ben and Abby were about to get busy in the storage room, so she feels a need to rush over there and scream at Ben how he's about to have sex with the dirty tramp who ruined her marriage. :sarcasm:

Is that covered with the "wine breath", or would it be a combo. There was so much convenient stuff in that room, including that can opener, bet there is a box of breath mints. LOL Come to think of it, Ben had desert......Almonds.

Another boring episode. Days like this make me wonder why I still watch. Abby and Ben were sweet and the Hope-Aiden scenes were nice, but this was otherwise a waste of my time. And just when I started to think the nonsense with JJ and Paige was over (Eve bonding with JJ, Paige telling JJ she knows he is different and doesn't care what anyone thinks), Theresa just had to meddle and tell Eve what was going on, and now Eve saw the flyer for the party Rory mentioned. How did she even get that? Why would Paige have the flyer if she didn't wanna go? Even if she got it, she would've tossed it out by this point since she isn't going. And Jennifer was right about Theresa, she just lives to make other people as miserable as she is. I'm getting so sick and tired of all this crap!

Maybe they both had some Listerine breath strips tucked away in their pockets.
Now that's a product placement I would love to see on screen. :rotfl:

Ben: I want to kiss you so badly but I have tuna breath
Abby: Don't worry, I have some Listerine breath strips in my purse.
Ben: Have I told you how wonderful you are (said as he makes heart eyes at Abby :love:)

Why else would she say "Oh my God!"?
Because Sami, and many other Salemites, has the very bad habit of using that phrase quite often. :)

Poirot said:
Ben had desert......Almonds.
If they don't get out of there soon, Ben may have something other than almonds for dessert.

I enjoyed today's show other then the Sami and EJ scenes, wish they were already gone.
JJ and Eve sounded good, hope we see more of JJ playing and singing, also let Eve sing more.
We got to learn a little about Aidens past marriage today , excited to see where this couple is going.
I like Ben and Abby together, not sure what's up with the EJ flashback that Abby had.

Any guesses what Sami is up to now, or are we to believe she really is considering reconciling with EJ?
I would be in heaven if Sami and Kate were up to something, and Sami is just playing EJ while they get more evidence to put EJ and Stefano in prison.

It annoys me that EJ acts like he cares about Sami. Where was this concern when he was lying to Sami, making jokes about Kristen raping Eric, and having sex with his children's babysitter?

If I can't have Rafe/Sami, can I have Rafe/Hope? They should pair Kayla up with Aiden.

oldsoapie, you can go to youtube and find the show if you want to watch it

Did anyone else start singing when JJ and Eve sang "Oh Shenandoah"?

It was interesting to hear Daniel and Theresa both say "I know all about Eve"
Cute reference to the movie.

It would matter to Ben and Abby about bad breath since they ate the
same thing. The lunch/picnic was sort of romantic with candles. Abby must
be slow. I thought of her encounter yesterday with EJ when they were
in the closet :)

It's difficult to think about Aiden and Hope being a couple since Hope is
still married. I wonder if Hope will decide to get a divorce.

Back