Days of Our Lives - Thurs. Aug. 5, 2010

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Thursday, August 5, 2010
Episode #11,390 Taped 6/10 Director – Herb Stein

It is way too early in the morning for all the tears I shed this morning, so make sure you have tissues handy, you are going to need them. Ciara comes into the house, so happy to see her mommy, exclaiming “you’re here, I had such a good time, and missed you. Hope is hugging her, glad she had a good time, Officer McCarthy is in the doorway, Bo thanks her, will see her later at the station. Hope is holding Ciara, like she will never let her go, Ciara is so happy her parents are at the house…”does this mean you are back together? That we are all together again”. It is breaking Hope’s heart, as she has to say no, then tell her daughter she has to go away. “But you will be right back” says Ciara. I’ll be back, replies Hope, but then tells her she will not be back for a while, and to remember she loves her so very much, that she is so important to her. Bo has called Julie to come over, Ciara is asking questions, wants to know all the whys, Bo & Hope promise to answer them all later, they cannot just now. Julie arrives with a smile, that changes to one of concern as she sees Hope’s tear stained face, her arms around Ciara, who is hugging her mom. She wants to know what is going on, Bo will fill in her in later, Hope is crying, facing Julie, who wants to help, what in heaven’s name is going on? Ciara has gotten upset and run upstairs, Julie doesn’t know what is the matter, but lights into Bo, that whatever it is, is his fault, the way he has been acting, what he has been doing…..but Hope tearfully stops her, no, no, it is all me, I did it, it was me, just me. She is crying, Bo tells Julie he will fill her in later, they leave. Outside, Hope is still sobbing as she leaves with Bo. Later, inside, a perplexed Julie sits on the sofa, Ciara asleep on her lap, stroking Ciara’s hair.

An angry Brady is confronting Nicole, tired of her lies, as Nicole pleads with him to tell her what the heck she did to make him so angry. He pulls the wire transfer receipt from the drawer, waving it in front of her, asking where she got 5 million put into an illegal account in the Caymans. Nicole accuses him of going thru her things, no, he was putting away the sonogram and this was staring him in the face. He wants to know where she got that money, and now Nicole does her tap dance routine. Talking of when she was with Victor who treated her like gum you scrape from the bottom of your shoe, Brady was nice to her, she fell in love with him. He stops her, she is not going to distract him with recounting past history. She goes on about there being other men, but none who she really loved like him, but Brady just wants to know about the money, reminding her he knows it will be lie after lie after lie. She is still spouting about loving him, but he stays on track, telling her he is taking her down to the police station, she can explain it all to them, so get dressed.

Roman meanwhile is confronting a rather silent Baker, about all the items her purchased that were used to attempt to kill his brother. Baker denies doing that, Roman figures he helped someone (flashback to Hope saying she was going to kill her husband). Roman is sure he knows Baker from somewhere, and bingo, his phone rings and I guess a pic of Richard John Baker, M.D. comes up. Now Roman is asking if Baker delivered Sami Brady’s baby then switched it with Mia’s and gave it to Nicole Walker. Baker denies this was his idea or plan. Roman wants to know then, whose was it. Baker wants an attorney.

And over at St. Mary’s confusion reigns supreme. Daniel is trying to get the burn victim, Ms. Scott, to open the curtains, let him in, making impassioned pleas. He understands her reluctance to have anyone see her, but he wants to help. As she listens, Chloe is impressed, but panicking. Daniel offers to get a friend to come and talk with her, the friend’s name is Chloe (being that Chloe went thru plastic surgery herself). Now Chloe is even more panicked, grabs her purse, turning off her cell phone, just as Daniel is calling.

Melanie is out in the hall, talking to Sister Anne, telling her about being adopted and finding her parents, and that Dr. Manning is her mother. Carly comes up, learns Daniel is here to consult for a Miss Scott, gets upset, wonders which cubicle he has gone to, after hearing about the “same name” patients. Sister Anne has to leave, Carly sends Melanie for soda, asks the young nurse where Dr. Jonas has gone, rushes over just in time to stop Daniel from opening the curtain himself. She tells him of the mistake, his patient is in Cubicle 11. Daniel leaves, Carly pulls the curtain, assures Chloe that Daniel won’t find her, and leaves, meeting up with Daniel in the waiting area. Chloe stares at a portrait of Madonna & child, rubs her stomach.

Daniel wonders why her patient did not say something, Carly says she hardly speaks any English. Daniel thinks she maybe understood, as she reacted when he began talking of family, in fact, he thought he recognized her voice (it was her gasp, ) LOL. Out in the waiting area, Daniel & Carly talk of the name similarity, he asks what her patient is in for, Carly says the patient doesn’t want her discussing it, but ol nosy Melanie comes up, brightly announcing it is an amnio, the desk nurse told her. (sorry, but Melanie is going around asking questions that are none of her business…and whatever happened to patient confidentiality???) Daniel still wants to talk to Carly’s patient, to apologize for earlier, she tries to dissuade him, he goes anyway, she rushes after him, and Melanie rushes after them both.

And now back to the cop shop, where Brady & Nicole have arrived just in time to see Baker being led off. Nicole does her …”oh, my gosh, you are alive” schtick, Roman asks if she will testify against Baker in re: the baby switching…however, Brady doesn’t believe her for a second, figures she has already seen Baker and knew he was alive. Nicole continues to pretend, then says that Baker being alive changes so many things. . Baker is silent. And in walks Bo & Hope. Baker glances over at them, says “Hope”. She looks at him.

Why were you crying? Was it something in the episode?

The Daniel/Carly hospital stuff makes me dizzy just reading it. I hate when they get into these screwballish antics.

Thanks for the write up. I hope all is well.

I imagine she was crying over the Hope/Julie/Ciara parts? It seems very sad that Ciara was so hopeful that her family was back together and then Hope has to tell her that they're not and she'll be going away for a while. This is just the beginning of the fallout of the truth about Hope.

Thanks for the summary! Looks like there's some good stuff tomorrow.

Holy cr*p on a cracker!!!
Thats all I can come up with to say today!!

WONDERFUL write up Barb. Thanks so much!!

Just my opinion & I know many are not with me on this. But with Bo & Hope...I am so tired of the blame game. Bo & Hope both made mistakes & need to talk about it. I hate that everyone continues to chew out Bo for what he did. Hope left him too. Yes he has done bad too. But at this point let Bo & Hope work it out together & quit with the his fault her fault. They are BOTH at fault!! (no throwing tomatos please) just my opinion!

laepadgette[/I]
or whatever that is!!!!! I agree 110%. A Bo and Hope forum really lay it on him. I just can't agree.

Just my opinion & I know many are not with me on this. But with Bo & Hope...I am so tired of the blame game. Bo & Hope both made mistakes & need to talk about it. I hate that everyone continues to chew out Bo for what he did. Hope left him too. Yes he has done bad too. But at this point let Bo & Hope work it out together & quit with the his fault her fault. They are BOTH at fault!! (no throwing tomatos please) just my opinion!

I totally agree. Love Julie, but she should have found out the facts before ripping into Bo like that.

Holy cr*p on a cracker!!!
Thats all I can come up with to say today!!

What she said!! Wow! Thanks Barb!!

It truly was heartbreaking when Ciara came home and Hope, knowing she was leaving her beloved daughter, was trying so hard not to let her know the truth, but assuring her she loved her. And poor Ciara, who thought perhaps her mom and dad were back and they would be a family. And then her mom apologizes for not believing her about the wallets, and the lipstick.....Ciara adds.....and Uncle Justin? and Hope sadly agrees, yes, Uncle Justin, too. She is hugging Ciara, not wanting to let her go. At one point Ciara turns to her daddy, begging him not to have mommy stay. Heck, I am sniffling here just writing this...maybe it is just me.

But Hope cannot tell her daughter she will be back, or that she will back soon. She starts to, then has to say no, she won't, repeating how much she loves her. And there stands little Ciara, not understanding at all what the heck is going on, why her mom is so sad, why her daddy cannot help.

And yes, the St. Mary's stuff was ridiculous. Too bad everyone was so serious, cuz I was waiting for the Marx Brothers, or Abbot & Costello to pop out somewhere. But that was just me.
We all view things differently.

And just let me say this.....As far as Julie knows.....Bo is shacking up with Carly in Hope's house, Hope's bed, and as some here have noted, parading her around town, and is still married to Hope!
Julie knows nothing of what happened, tho Hope did tell her she made a mistake, and that was some time ago. All Julie knows is she was called to baby sit Ciara, she thinks Bo & Hope just want to"talk things out"...she offers to let them stay there, will take Ciara to the park or something. She really has no clue, all she sees is Hope is very, very upset, and Bo is going with her somewhere.
I'd cut Julie some slack here. She is very much in the dark, and even as to what has gone on between them personally. All she knows is what she sees.

Thank you

Morning Barb, Thank you for the write up. It seems that things are starting to progress. I am just hoping that the whole thing surrounding Nicole and Baker can come to an end. Here is hoping that the Hope storyline comes to an end. I dont know I just felt it was filler.

Thanks for the write up! Handing you a cyber tissue:

Poor Ciara...

I'm thinking my mom would have reacted the same was as Julie if my husband were ever stupid enough to shack up with another woman while we were still married. So, I completely understand Julie's attack first, ask questions later (from a Mother in Law perspective).

And, I had to laugh at the through of Groucho coming out of Chloe's room...

Did Chloe even get the ammnio done? And, I agree, there is no patient confidentiality in Salem.

Nicole is so dumb as she had the opportunity right there to tell Brady the truth about what EJ did and where she got the money. She's smart enough to spin it into being all EJs fault!

Yes, she could have because she tried to tell the truth on air and then went to DiMera Mansion to tell Sami who would not listen to a word she had to say. She could easily cover her butt on this one. She could just tell Brady that I tried to tell everyone and no one would listen so I made EJ pay the only other way I knew how. Besides, since Brady doesn't know how she got the money, how could he drag her to the police station? What crime will she be charged with? There is no proof that she blackmailed anyone. Since when can someone drag you to police headquarters because you have money they didn't know about. Silly if you ask me. Although I am ready for Nicole to come clean with what she knows.

But at this point let Bo & Hope work it out together & quit with the his fault her fault. They are BOTH at fault!! (no throwing tomatos please) just my opinion!

I totally agree, laepadgett.

I totally agree. Love Julie, but she should have found out the facts before ripping into Bo like that.

It's hard to blame Julie when our national leaders do exactly the same thing.

It truly was heartbreaking when Ciara came home and Hope, knowing she was leaving her beloved daughter, was trying so hard not to let her know the truth, but assuring her she loved her.

But Hope cannot tell her daughter she will be back, or that she will back soon. She starts to, then has to say no, she won't, repeating how much she loves her. And there stands little Ciara, not understanding at all what the heck is going on, why her mom is so sad, why her daddy cannot help.

It is truly sad. I hope this gets straightened out very soon.

For some reason, they are referring to an "illegal" account at an offshore bank. If Nicole came into that money legitimately she would have to be paying tax, claiming it on income tax, and definitely telling where it came from.

She therefore could be dealing in drugs, smuggling, gambling, etc. etc. Violating her parole. Am sure she will squeak out of this anyway........Nicole always does.

oh Barb- I teared up just thinking about poor Ciara and seeing her mommy cry like that... thank you for writing this summary.. you do a magnificant job!

in regards to the Bo/Hope situation, I agree entirely with laepadgett. They are both at fault, and the rest of Salem needs to butt out.

in regards to Daniel/Mel/Chloe/Carly... I laughed histerically. lol... umm... what was that comedians name? you know...the one that the funny music played as he and random people ran in and out doors...running into each other, chasing each other, never catching the other... blah blah blah... well, I kept hearing that music in my head as Daniel ran back and forth through the halls of St. Mary's. HA. I'm so hoping he catches Chloe... Chloe and her cheating/lies needs to come to an end. QUICKLY.

Morning Barb, Thank you for the write up. It seems that things are starting to progress. I am just hoping that the whole thing surrounding Nicole and Baker can come to an end. Here is hoping that the Hope storyline comes to an end. I dont know I just felt it was filler.

Nicole was prosecuted and sentenced for 20 years in prison for kidnapping Sydney. And as we all know she got an early release. But now although Dr. Baker was not the instigator of the baby switch, Nicole was, can they both be prosecuted for the baby switch if the the details come out about the baby switch?

Poirot - I cried too, poor Ciara is breaking my heart. I cried through all the Bo/Hope stuff. I wonder if Carly will enjoy raising Hope's daughter while Hope is in prison.

Why does Nicole not just fess up already! Just tell Brady the truth for crying out loud.

Let's see.......about now Nicole is looking at Baker, figuring she will be fingered for framing Arianna. Then withholding evidence on a crime, and accepting a bribe to keep it covered up. Am betting Nicole's brain cells are whirling with "how do I get out of this" ideas, as she knows she is in very deep doo doo.

Back