Days of Our Lives - Thurs., August 25, 2022

Kris10

Reaction score
Eric is awakened by a knock on the door and it's an upset Nicole who can't stop thinking about him. She's a married woman, what about Rafe? Rafe who? says Nicole. Gotcha it's a dream of Eric's, who jolts awake.

Now we see Nicole in bed, disrupted by a knock at the door, and it's Eric who can't stop thinking about her. But she's married and what about Jada? They kiss and fall to the bed. Nicole seems to be enjoying her dream until she wakes

Alex and Sloan are back together as Sonny comes to see if he wants to go to the office. Sonny tells her to get the hell out of his house.

Trask tells Leo he has a visitor. Leo says ah yes my attorney, the shark will will rip you to shreds for charging me with Abigail's murder. But alas it's someone who'd rather rip him to shreds - Gwen! Leo wants to know what the hell she's doing there. Leo isn't up for visitors. He has nothing to say until his attorney arrives. Trask is charging both of them with murder. She has evidence they conspired together.

Eric back in bed interrupted by another knock - this time it's Jada. She's sorry if she woke him, but he says he was awake. The AC in her room is broken, it seems to her, as it's a sauna in there. It's hot in Eric's room too.

Rafe's bringing Nicole breakfast in bed - his world famous eggs. Rafe wants to know what's wrong with her.

Alex wants to know why Sonny's being so rude. Sonny tells him Sloan is representing Leo. Alex is shocked she's a lawyer. Sloan tries to defend her client of course, he's entitled to a defense. Sonny doesn't want the person representing that snake in his home. Lots of rehashing Leo's crimes. Alex says his brother is right, and Leo is garbage and he can't continue sleeping with her if she'll be representing Leo. He says she'll have to dump him as a client. But instead she's going to dump Alex.

Trask says they are both going to be arraigned this morning. Gwen has yet to obtain counsel. Trask should let her know that she'll be reminding the court of Gwen's lack of mercy she showed her sister when she was being stabbed to death. She'll see them both in court. Gwen says its all Leo's fault, she can't believe he sold her out. Leo had no choice. Leo loves her to pieces but he won't do life in lockup for a crime she committed.

Stephanie and Chad discuss that Marlena and Kayla are not there for their appointments/meetups. Chad wants Stephanie to thank her mom for her concern for him. Then she invites him to have breakfast with her since they were both stood up.

Rafe thinks Nicole might be ill - she feels warm. What can he do for her? She says she's not sick but she needs to tell him something.

Jada woke up in a sweat, looks like Eric did too - is his AC broken too. But his AC is fine. He can go look at hers and see if he can fix it, he's handy with tools. Jada says maybe he can do that later and kisses him.

Stephanie thinks it's great Chad is going to therapy. He should have done it sooner but he's been busy and avoided dealing with the grief to find out who did this to Abby. Stephanie is there if he ever needs to talk and she's glad he's getting help now. She's been keeping up with the case and she's sure it'll be a huge relief when they close the case. Chad says even if they convict who did it, his wife isn't coming back.

Leo couldn't take the chance that Gwen would pin it on him. Bottom line, she didn't answer him. Gwen says he used the mask to throw suspicion on her and off him. They are both on the hook for murder together, how does that feel.

Sloan arrives wanting a meeting with her client, Trask says he's in the room with his co-conspirator. Sloan's shocked she has Gwen in there. Trask will see her at the courthouse. Sloan says she should consider cutting Leo loose for giving her the Gwen half of the case.

Sonny's sorry about Sloan, but Alex has no problem casting a wide net, there's a lot of beautiful women in this town, including his sister in law Allie. Alex offered to hang out with both Chanel and Allie. Sonny seems shocked.

Jada's not usually this forward, she's sorry. Eric kisses her again and they move toward the bed.

Rafe says she can tell him anything. What she needs to tell him is that he is the sweetest, sexiest, most amazing husband a woman could ever have. They start kissing and fall on the bed.

Chad still can't believe she's gone, she was the love of his life and always will be. Stephanie can't even imagine what the love of your life would feel like. She was engaged to Philip but that was a million years ago and she was a different person then. She's mostly been focused on her career since leaving Salem. The one serious relationship she had ended when she seemed to want to commit and he didn't.

Sonny knows Alex loves being a player - but Alex says that's not him, because he's up front with his intentions. Sonny knows Alex sees him as a weird old married guy, but there's something to be said about it. Alex isn't looking to settle down.

Jada and Eric in bed, Eric wonders if she's okay because she's quiet. She's embarrassed as she doesn't do this sort of thing, he's the first person she's slept with since her divorce. Eric says him too. Jada didn't plan this she wants him to know.

Rafe and Nicole are also snuggled up in their afterglow - but Rafe has to get ready for work. Nicole brings up the progress on Abby's case, she can't believe Gwen did something so horrible. Rafe says he actually does believe she didn't kill Abigail even though she's telling a far fetched story.

Gwen tells Leo about going to Abigail's room in the mask. Because if "Sarah" were to attack Abigail, then she'd be locked up. But Gwen's plan went bad when Abby took the mask off of her. Gwen had no intention of hurting Abigail, she was a means to an end. This whole thing is stupid. Leo says she just let you walk away. Gwen relays the hour deadline Abby gave her. She ran out of there as fast as she could. But when she left Abigail was alive. Leo wants to know if Rafe believed her story. Gwen doesn't know or care. Matty (Leo) is her only friend in the whole world - all she cares about is if he believes her. Does he believe her?

Trask says Gwen claims innocence too. They discuss Gwen not having a lawyer. Trask says a hot shot lawyer could show up any minute to point the finger at Leo instead. Putting them both on trial doubles her chances of conviction. The mask isn't enough for Trask to bury Gwen, she wants Sloan to get him to flip on Gwen.

Leo says he does believe her. and he's sorry he doubted her. They hug over the table while cuffed one arm. Gwen says they stick together and remain a team so there is no case against them. Leo says he's going to get Sloan to represent Gwen too. Gwen would appreciate that so very much. When this is over they can write a book. They laugh and chuckle about a movie based on said book and their award speeches.

Sloan comes in the room, Leo has amazing news - she can achieve fame and fortune if she also represents Gwen. Sloan says forget it and he needs to be more worried about himself. Sloan tells him to give Trask something to tighten the noose on Gwen's neck.

Alex is a free spirit and he isn't looking for Mrs. Right. He came to Salem to be with Sonny. Sonny says you are telling me you've never met a woman who could be the one. Alex says no. He didn't get the memo that love makes the world go round. Sonny thinks he did and chose to ignore it. But one day he'll meet a woman who knocks him off his feet and he'll fall fast and hard.

Stephanie and Chad discussing her last guy ghosting her more. Chad says it was his loss. Anyway, Stephanie knows it'll be a different story when the right person comes along. But she's got her friends and family. She gives Chad her card. She gets a text - a new client. This job will keep her in Salem a while. She's going to pick up the bill. Chad thanks her.

Jada didn't expect to go from 0 to 60, neither did Eric, but he likes her. Things like this sometimes happen.

Nicole is eating her breakfast at the table and seems to have nervous jitters as she picks up her phone to call Chloe. Chloe says if it's about the Moreno contract, she got Gabi to sign off on it. Nicole desperately needs to talk to someone but she doesn't want Chloe to say a word about it. She loves Rafe, he's her husband and she has no regrets about marrying him, but. Chloe says but what? Nicole can't stop thinking about Eric.

Leo doesn't have anything to give Trask. Sloan says he better think of something before she finds out he had the knife. Leo asks if she's asking him to lie. She says no, she needs him to help her do her job. The truth shall set him free.

Nicole and Chloe discuss her having a sex dream. Chloe says remember when you thought Eric and Jada had sex on their first date - maybe that was why she had the dream. Nicole says it is none of her damn business and she doesn't know why she's thinking about it. Chloe thinks its normal for her to feel protective of Eric but don't jump to conclusions anymore.

Eric invites Jada down for breakfast if she's not working. He offers up his shower while he goes to look at her AC. They have an awkward moment as he exits the room.

Nicole thanks Chloe but she thinks she should talk to Eric to get it all out in the open. Chloe recommends against it, she's married. Nicole thinks maybe if she tells him about the dream, he'll tell her how ridiculous she is and they'll get a laugh out of it. Chloe thinks that's a really bad idea but as Nicole says When has that ever stopped me?

Nicole of course shows up outside Eric's door, talking to herself, then knocks. And of course Jada answers in a towel.

Rafe tells Gwen it's time to go. Gwen asks Leo if it's a done deal. Sloan says it is. Gwen thanks her for representing her. Trask says that's not the deal they made. Leo says he's sorry. That he told them what she told him that she killed Abigail.

Stephanie and Alex bump into each other, she says "What the hell dude, watch where you're going" as he's staring up at her in a daze remembering Sonny's words.

Thanks Kris.... so... Gwen escaped from Statesville, to pretend to be Sarah so she could pretend to stab Abigail, so Abigail would report Sarah as still being unbalanced, so Sarah would go away and then what???? Gwen really thinks it would be HER that Xander would wait for?? I'm confused by all of this and not in a good way.... this SCREAMS "We had no idea what were going to do and we don't go back and read what we said yesterday"

Now to my other WHAT.... you are living in a group home.... Victor/Maggie, Justin/Bonnie, Sonny/sometimes Will and yet you still sit in the living room and have sex with your skanky girlfriend?? At the start of the day????? and now they want us to believe that Stephanie will "tame" the wild boar out of Alex, the man who will rut anywhere??? vomit inducing.....

Aren't we all over the Eric/Nicole daydreaming/back and forth? Rafe will be the one who gets hurt here, and he does not deserve it after the string of failed romances/marriages he has had.

I don't care for Eric and Jada together. I think they are both just lonely, and it is convenient.

Nicole has no claim on Eric, and she never should have gone over to his room. Period. Chloe gave good advice which was not heeded.

Alex is more disgusting every time we see him. He has a room, why carry on in a shared space? Does he like to be watched?

Stephanie needs to watch out. That look Alex gave her was like a smitten kitten. What the heck?

What cracks me up is that Alex and Stephanie were raised as cousins, (Adrienne raised Alex as her own from the time he was a baby) and they don't recognize each other? Granted, people might not know what their cousins look like, but you'd think even if Alex and Stephanie didn't spend a lot of time together once they were grown, they'd have seen pictures of each other over the years.

The Eric/Nicole stuff is such garbage! Seriously she, a married woman, would go tell Eric oh I had sex dream about you! Such garbage. Why on earth is she pining for him when he deserted her Africa?!!

They have ruined Robert Scott Wilson (Alex) for me. Alex is a dreadful character. Sonny is really going overboard though about finding someone special. A little sappy. I was thinking Alex might have been who Stephanie was talking about. Ya know never knew last names stupid stuff but doesn't look like it.

I will never understand why they have to make Nicole awful any time she gets close to happiness. That woman has every right to hate Eric in my opinion. And after the brilliance she showed when she talked to him when they broke up she deserves every happiness now. Most things on this show don't stick with me but when she said "I'm at my best when I'm with you and you're at your best when you aren't with me" just wow.

After that she was entitled to find someone who was at his best with her. I was fine with allowing her to always have a little sadness about it not working out with Eric. Really would have been fine with Eric never coming back. As much as I liked them together they they wrote his leaving was the last straw for me.

And of course this leads to the perpetually unhappy Rafe who also doesn't deserve any of this.

Melinda: She needs a refresher course in legal ethics. Today, she was harassing two defendants without defense counsel present, and later seemed to pressure Leo to commit perjury to save himself by throwing Gwen to the wolves.

Gwen: Her alibi comes across as rather absurd. To make it work, the defense would have to bring in a parade of women to testify that they too would do literally anything to get into a relationship with the manly Xander. (Having the X-Man take off his shirt for the jury might also help.)

Alex: His explanation of his philosophy of life reminded me of a line spoken by an amorous detective on an Italian police series: "I may be a playboy, but I'm a good person."

Eric & Jada: The newbie cop certainly works fast, and the former Father Eric seems to have forgotten all about the Church's teachings on sins of impurity.

Nicole: There are no words. Why would a woman with a fine husband still dream of a glorified bartender and ex-priest with a gloomy personality?

Thanks for the summary.

I'm over the Abby murder case. And a potential Chad/Stephanie/Alex triangle sounds lame and juvenile. Count me out!

Chloe had the Salem brain today. Too bad Nicole didn't listen. Hopefully Sloan puts her in her place and reminds Nicole that she's a married woman with no claim to Eric! Granted, I did find it out of place that Eric and her slept together so soon. I'm so disappointed in this turn in the storyline.

Poor Sonny has been relegated to the town busybody. He, Maggie and Paulina should get together and find a joint hobby.

Thanks goodness we got a break from FrankenRolf and EJ/Ava.

his wife isn't coming back
Methinks a recast has been found!
Alex says that's not him, because he's up front with his intentions.
I have a friend like this. I respect the up-front-ness. No Barney Stinson-like games. This is unexpected character development. Score 1 for the writers.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Gwen and I like Leo. I like their friendship. I hate the writing. Until the twist at the end, I was considering paying the quarter for this episode.

Also, I know many on here are fans of step-cousins who were raised in the same family bumping, but this is ham-fisted writing that doesn't show real character change. It's cheesier than the Taylor/scarf/EJ incident.

Last edited:
And just a bit of nit picking here.......So Stephanie & Chad have BREAKFAST outside in the open air! Now I know all about grilling, eating outside on the picnic table all those hot dogs & burgers. But this is breakfast! how does it stay warm.? What keeps away the flies & mosquitos? What do they do when a big bug drops onto their scrambled eggs? See, when you grill, those hot coals, smoke, etc. keeps those nasty things away mostly, but this breakfast was made inside. However they do it, I want to know. See, I live in the sticks, lots of forest, woods, lakes, mosquitos, flies, wasps bees. Yes those various things happen at times, but in the Chicagoland area, no matter what the temp is gonna be for the day, mornings are definitely cooler.

Salem is such a magical place, isn't it. Residents can dress like summer in middle of winter, and like late fall in middle of summer. No gets sun burn, mosquito bites, and female cops don't have to have their hair in a bun, wear a uniform, or sneakers. Those spike heels are just sooooo in vogue. I honestly want to see the female cop chasing someone while wearing them.

Poirot, that's how I feel about eating outside at any time. I was amused today to see how they took shots of Chad eating. They'd show him taking a big chunk of food onto his fork, then they'd switch to showing Stephanie's face, while including the back of Chad's head, making it appear he was chewing. They did this over and over again. They almost never show anybody actually putting food into their mouths and eating.

Thanks, Kris.

It's a new day in Salem.

I think it would be nice to have a husband like Rafe making breakfast. but he made a big one.

Stephanie told Chad she never had a love of life. She was engaged to Philip, but back then she
said was a different person <ha, ha>.

How long will it take for Sloan to go to jail?

Poor Gwen.. Leo lied to save himself.

Line of the day goes to Gwen talking to Leo talking about the murder "This whole thing is stupid"
I think we can all agree this storyline with finding Abby's killer and different suspects each week
is now beyond stupid.

Back