Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Dec. 17, 2020

TinaY

Reaction score
Opening
Jennifer at home unpacking Jack's Christmas stocking. Julie comes in, tells her not to mope because Jack and Kate are done. Jennifer says she's not sure.

Cut to Kate in bed with Jake at the Salem Inn. Jake is glad to be there instead of over the garage. I don't get how they can hide at the Salem Inn when half the town lives there, but Kate says the most important thing the room has is a lock on the door.

Cut to Gwen with her heels up back at the mansion. She checks her phone, and there's a message from Abigail that she and Jack are stuck covering a City Council meeting. Abigail asks Gwen to tell Chad and kiss the kids goodnight. Gwen smugly says she'll do that after she finishes her wine and "or not" then immediately lies to Chad when he walks in.

Cut to Charlie begging Ava to prove she loves him and not to rat him out. Tripp knocks on the door. More begging, but she says, "I'm sorry. I have to tell Tripp the truth."

Steve apologizes to Allie in the square, saying he stands by Tripp even though he still believes something happened to her. She says that he can't have it both ways. Steve says he thinks he's missing a piece of the puzzle that explains everything. He asks Allie to tell him her side of the story. She tells Steve that she remembers taking a cab home with Tripp, but after that, things got fuzzy because of the alcohol. Steve recounts what Tripp said about her wanting to keep partying and kissing him. She tries to argue about whether a kiss means she's okay to have sex. Steve calms her down by agreeing it does not. Allie then says that Tripp says he left a note, but she never found one. She insists that Tripp is just trying to seem like a good guy. Steve asks if there's anything else. Allie says it feels good to tell her side, talking is how she remembers. She keeps getting flashes of the assault, which she attributes to Tripp. Steve asks if she's sure it was Tripp's hand. Allie insists yes it was Tripp. Steve presses if the assault memories actually include Tripp. Allie starts to admit that they don't, but goes back to the DNA results. Steve apologizes again and they part.

Allie runs into Kate coming out of the hotel and tells her that she talked with Belle about the "great case" (so silly) she has for a civil suit. She says she's going to make him pay. Kate says she's proud of Allie for standing up for herself without shooting anyone. Allie tells her about her conversation with Steve and confesses that Steve asking if remembering Tripp's face and remembering the hand holding her down could be two different memories made her think. Kate brings up the DNA, but you can tell it's all making Allie reconsider.

Tripp is still knocking on Ava's door. Charlie is still begging and grabbing his mother. She turns to answer the door, and Charlie grabs a vase and hits Ava over the head. Tripp tries calling Ava's phone, which buzzes on the floor. Charlie is freaking out over a passed out Ava while Tripp keeps knocking, getting more worried. Charlie is full crazy now, begging to no one for Tripp to go away. Tripp leaves a message asking if she's okay and if he should call the police or break down the door. Charlie goes to grab scissors in preparation with a crazy look on his face. Tripp prepares to kick the door down, then feels stupid and figures she's just not there or maybe in the shower. He leaves. Charlie collapses to the floor in relief/shock.

Tripp goes back to Steve's and tells him what happened at Ava's, but says it was probably nothing. Steve says trouble follows Ava and says they should go check out the "nothing" together. Back at the apartment, Charlie checks Ava's pulse. Glad she's alive, he creepily apologizes and then lays on top her of her. We're in full Psycho/mommy mode. He's rambling about how he can't lose Claire and he needs to make her understand. Then, Ava starts to come to. Charlie jumps back. Later, Steve and Tripp arrive, and Steve picks the lock. Inside the apartment, everything is cleaned up and empty. They think she's taken off.

Jennifer keeps gabbing to Julie about overhearing Kate scheduling a rendezvous. She wonders if he's weighing his options and still has feelings for Kate. Julie says she's giving too much credit to Kate as a seductress. Meanwhile, Jake and Kate have another conversation about why she wants to keep their relationship a secret. Jake wants to go public and wine and dine her. More crazy kissing and canoodling. Kate tells Jake that Jennifer overheard her and accused her of still sleeping with Jack.

Gwen works Chad over about his fight with Abigail and asks him why he thinks Abigail is sleeping with Jake. Chad admits he was an idiot. Gwen rehashes all of Abigail's "suspicious" behavior. Not that any of that means she's cheating--even though she's cheated before. Chad is upset that Abigail is MIA, and Gwen keeps mum. The phone rings, and Gwen finally gets up to answer. It's Julie, who asks for Jack and then for Kate. Gwen says, "I haven't seen either of them." Jennifer jumps to stupid conclusions.

Chad comes into the room with Gwen, mad because both Abigail and Jake are missing. Gwen is smug and fake comforting. While Kate is telling Jake how they can sneak out of the hotel, Julie tells Jen she can call her friend at the hotel and snoop around. Jennifer balks, but you know Julie makes the call. Julie reports that her friend heard Kate calling her hotel companion by name that started with J. Julie tries to remind Jennifer that doesn't mean anything. Jennifer cites Gwen as she says she might need to move on since Jack has. So stupid. As is idiotic Chad going to Jake's garage, he says he knows he's acting crazy. No one is there, except Gwen has followed him. Chad says not to tell Abigail he didn't trust her. Good 'ol Gwen says she's good at keeping secrets. Then, she keeps going on about how kind Chad is and giving him doe eyes about how much she wants to be there for him the way he's been there for her.

Jake is back at the mansion when Abigail returns. They chat. Jake asks Abigail to look over a proposal he wrote about DiMera. Abigail says she's too busy. Jake asks if he's done something. Abigail tells him that Chad thinks they're having an affair. Jake is confused. Abigail says it's not worth her marriage to spend time with him. Right as Jake is saying fine. We don't want to make Chad more suspicious than her already is. Chad and Gwen return, overhearing only the last bit. More smug Gwen.

Last scene: Cut to Ava waking up tied up at Charlie's apartment. Charlie walks in and says he can't let her go. (Nice how there's a set for him to have place to live, but Brady, etc. are stuck at the Salem Inn.)

Last edited:
She turns to answer the door, and Charlie grabs a vase and hits Ava over the head. Tripp tries calling Ava's phone, which buzzes on the floor.
You gotta love that Tripp's on the other side of the door and doesn't hear them talking, doesn't hear the vase being smashed and doesn't hear the phone buzzing. :rolleyes:

Yes - especially since Charlie can hear Tripp on the phone. Maybe it's a one-way sound door. Except that Tripp did hear noise inside when Ava fell.

My guess is that Tripp and Steve will have to save Ava, which will only feed her delusions.

And amazing that Charlie was able to carry an unconscious woman from wherever she lives to wherever he lives and not be seen and be finished before Tripp and Steve got back to her apartment.

Also, does Tripp know who Charlie is? I am guessing he doesn't know he has a brother, but has he ever seen him before to know him? I am guessing not.

Also, does Tripp know who Charlie is? I am guessing he doesn't know he has a brother, but has he ever seen him before to know him? I am guessing not.
Yes, Tripp and Charlie have met. When Claire was sitting outside of the pub, upset about Ciara's death, Charlie was with her. Tripp came along and she told him to get lost (in a nutshell) due to Allie's rape allegations. Charlie got up in his face and told him to leave Claire alone.

I have to agree LisaK about Charlie carrying unconscious woman. I was surprised he abducted her. I thought she was going to have temporary amnesia and totally forget her conversation with Charlie. I love how people getting whacked on the head and go unconscious for an extended period. Always.

Does Tripp have special hands? Thought Steve's question was weird. I wish they would explain Allie's memories. I am wondering if Allie and Charlie were previously involved and that's why he's saying not really rape.

Gwen needs to end or someone needs to catch on to what a conniving little you know what she is. Enough!!

Hate Jake and Kate. Seriously, the woman has to be in mid 60's at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if, in London, Allie partying, drinking, if perhaps she had not flirted with Charlie or something, came on to him (since she even kissed Tripp when he made sure she got home). Perhaps, Charlie sort of went out of view when Tripp appeared, since he was supposed to be keeping an eye on him, & yes, he probably followed them, waited til Tripp left.....but instead of continuing to follow Tripp, he went up to see Allie??????

Allie's memories are very spotty, a flash here & there. Heck, she may not even have interacted with Charlie when partying, maybe just when he came in to her apt. ???

And amazing that Charlie was able to carry an unconscious woman from wherever she lives to wherever he lives and not be seen and be finished before Tripp and Steve got back to her apartment.
It would be surprising if Charlie couldn't do this. Hauling inert bodies around Salem is a common occurrence. Recall how Jan was able to somehow haul a senseless Belle to Philip's room in the K-mansion. As for other characters, here are a few comments.

Ava: Will she realize how ironic that when for once in her life, she wanted to tell the truth, she got clobbered over the head with a vase.

Chad: He's really too gullible to be a DiMera. Is it possible that his father was really the dazed and confused D.A. Charles Woods instead of the cynical, worldly Stefano?? Frankly, it's fitting that he married into the Deveraux family, whose members include clueless Abigail and foolish Jenny.

Gwen: She really hasn't been paying attention to life in the DiMansion. She actually thought Harold would answer the phone? Why? He rarely even answers the door.

Jake: Like George Jefferson, he's movin' on up -- changing the location of his trysts with Kate from his repair shop to a posh room at the Salem Inn. What's next a suite in a fancy Chicago hotel.

Thanks, TinaY.

So, Gwen lied to Chad she didn't know where Abby was. Then lied to Julie where
Jack was. Then Chad overhears Jake and Abby about keeping things secret.
Wouldn't you know Jake and Jack have the same initials, JD. Makes things interesting
in Salem. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before someone figures out
what Gwen is doing.

Julie called Kate an alley cat.

Charlie really showed his crazy side today. How long will Ava be missing before
she's found?

Thanks for the write up. I had to take the hubs to a cardiologist appt and thanks to Tenga I can’t record my local NBC channel at this time. You guys rock!
I have Dish and last week they installed an Over The Air antenna (OTA) Now I can see my fav NBC shows.

Back