Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Dec. 28, 2023

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Kayla's Office - Paulina and Chanel are waiting as Kayla enters. Kayla's busy. Paulina's busy and wants a prescription to fix her. Her thyroid level is low and she has thyroid antibodies in her blood. She's getting a tissue sample from her neck. Paulina wonders why she needs a biopsy. Chanel convinces her to take the test.

Marlena's Office - Nicole is starting her therapy session. Nicole has done bits of therapy, but given her past, probably not enough (she mentions her paternal abuse, etc). She starts to have second thoughts about therapy with her ex's mother. Marlena explains that she's impartial but will make a referral if needed. Nicole just wanted to lampshade the moment for questioning viewers, then gets things rolling.

They mention the infant Marlena lost to SIDS (Don Craig Jr). Nicole wakes up at night with the urge to nurse. She talks about her complicated pregnancy history and how she considered an abortion because of her fear Eric was the father. She continued the pregnancy on the chance Eric was the father. She admits she still pines for Eric and wanted the baby she lost to be his. She feels guilt for her feelings. She thought the baby being Eric's would have been a sign they should be together.

Square - Sloan, Eric, and stroller baby Jude are having coffee in the Square. Leo comes up showing off his new jacket. He's glad Santa has been nice to him even though he's been naughty. Eric tries to shoo him away but Leo needs to talk business with his loan. Sloan gives Eric her wallet and he goes to get snacks with stroller baby. Leo talks about his expensive tastes and how it will only end when Sloan gives the baby back to his real parents. Sloan tells him she's broke, lives in a studio in a crappy neighborhood, etc. Leo tells her to give the baby back or to move into even cheaper digs. He plans to supplement his funding from the "Peterson fund" by returning to the Spectator. He tells her she looks pale as he leaves.

Private Area (never noticed that there are two benches facing each other) - Konstantin is groaning and limping as he sits. He's alone. His back is to us. Someone places a garrote around this throat and then a hood over his head as he struggles. All we see is a wedding ring.

Marlena's Office - Nicole admits she might have left EJ and feels bad because of how happy EJ was to be the father and how he looked forward to their raising the baby together. She then focused on her pregnancy being healthy and her relationship with EJ. She talks about taking Jude from the Square and how EJ immediately supported her rather than judging her. She has found a way to forgive herself. Marlena asks what she sees next for herself? She wants to focus on her "wonderful, smart" daughter (Holly in case you were wondering).

Dimly lit storage room - Konstantin's mask is removed. Steve is his kidnapper. John is there, too. Konstantin claims he was planning to leave but his injury prevented it. Steve doesn't believe him and beats him. He demands Konstantin leave Maggie and the country alone. Konstantin tells him to go to hell. They have ISA connections and try to force him to leave. John holds Konstantin by the collar and they exchange a meaningful look.

Hospital Waiting Area - Mayor Price and Chanel are waiting for her biopsy. Johnny comes in with baked goods. He learns about her pending test and Chanel asks if they can talk about his past. Johnny talks about his eye cancer/prosthetic eye. They talk about early detection. Later, Chanel and Johnny talk about Paulina and how she will definitely be OK.

Square - Eric returns and has healthy snacks. He tells Sloan her credit card was declined. She acts like she doesn't know why. Leo comes up with full shopping bags, talks about retail therapy, and flutters away.

Private double bench area - Steve returns head-bagged Konstantin to the bench and gives him one week to leave.

Square - Eric tells Sloan he wants to do his photography full-time. She supports him and thinks it will help with childcare, etc. They'll work out the details later. Across the Square, Leo is dropping off more shopping bags and planning another round of shopping. Johnny walks by and Leo asks if he has any gossip or plans for the evening? Johnny tells him he's spoken for and to join a dating site.

Kayla's Office - Paulina and Chanel are seated as Kayla sits down. The biopsy results came back suspicious and they need to do more tests. Paulina takes the news calmly. (I'm not joking here; it's surprising and that's the best thing for the show to be.) She's a warrior.

Marlena's Office - Nicole wants to do more sessions. She's looking forward to the new year.

Double Bench Area - Konstantin thinks about John. He knows his eyes. Could it be him?

Basement/Dimly lit store room - John and Steve are cleaning up, the talk about "Rico" who lent them this space, and that if Konstantin doesn't leave, they'll have to take it to the next level. END

Eric tells Sloan he wants to do his photography full-time. She supports him and thinks it will help with childcare, etc. They'll work out the details later.
Darn, if only Grandma Caroline was still alive, they could dump baby Jude on her, the way Sami did with her kids. Jude would know how to make a batch of clam chowder and serve a tasty bowl of Wanchi Ferry before he was two. And being around Grandpa Roman all the time would ensure his first words to be "What da' hell???" or "Dammit, Sami!!"

Great use of Leo, John, and Steve today.

Sloan's facial expression works with today's emotions.

On the other hand, this is a perfect example of what we've been discussing in yesterday's thread and the 'State of the Show' thread. This episode should either not have had a traditional structure or Nicole's therapy session shouldn't have taken the whole day.

It would have been easy to do the Eric/Sloan/Leo, John/Steve/Konstantin, and Johnny/Chanel/Paulina/Kayla stuff on the bookends and have the middle bulk of the episode be Nicole's therapy session. (Supposedly she and Eric are the couple we're rooting for.)

Or, we could have seen several days and several sessions throughout the episode.

Instead, we got timewarp and plot drift.

Leo was the biggest jerk today, acting like Sloan was a multi millionaire, using HER credit card to buy super expensive outfits. And he wants new living quarters, costing, he says, around 500 thousand $$$$. He really ticked me off

@JS......true, but Leo doesn't deserve a thing, since he is keeping quiet about what he knows, and using it for blackmail.

@ddd...........it seems she really cares about EJ, but did admit she still cared about Eric. Sounds like that old song........Torn Between two lovers.

EJ has been good to her, but she knows how much Eric has wanted to be a father to his own child.

Nicole should pull a Lani/Kristen and enter a nunnery. She should never drag another man into her pathetic attachment to Eric ever again. It’s cruel. Just admit you’ll never get over him. All that talk negated the sad baby emotions for me. I just rolled my eyes.

I don’t care that Sloan is getting taken to the cleaners. Serves her right. I hope every money worry reminds her what trash she is. But at least Eric remembered he’s a grown man who needs to make a living.

Paulina is being silly. She would just know if she had cancer? Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Darn, if only Grandma Caroline was still alive, they could dump baby Jude on her, the way Sami did with her kids. Jude would know how to make a batch of clam chowder and serve a tasty bowl of Wanchi Ferry before he was two. And being around Grandpa Roman all the time would ensure his first words to be "What da' hell???" or "Dammit, Sami!!"
Holly and Rachel can babysit and train Jude in the way of the world, for sure!

Thank you, Jason!

Agree that Nicole still wants Eric but trying hard with EJ. If she has to try too hard, that means it is not meant to be. What happens when the true paternity is revealed? But will it be before or after Jude is returned to Nicole? And how? Maybe once the baby is with him and Nicole, he just wants to see his name as the father in black and white, but it will say Eric?

While Sloan deserves everything she gets, Leo was over the top today, even for him. Eventually, he won't be able to shop anymore. Maybe he is compensating for being alone and without his beloved MP?

Could it be that when John was brainwashed he dealt with Konstantin and can't remember, but Konstantin recognizes him? I hope John and Steve just take him out, once and for all.

Nicole is a very good crier but I am so tired of seeing her cry. Give her her baby already! Did not like hearing her say she still wants Eric. Eric who treated her like crap. I like Nicole & EJ.

Konstantin- I was so happy that it was Steve & John. But why are they giving him a week? You know what he can do in a week.

I'm not a Paulina fan so don't care if she has cancer. But they went on Christmas Eve and now it's New Year's Eve? Slow service at hospital.

I just want my happy Nicole back, with her baby in her arms. I don't even give a flying hoot who the daddy is and who knows about who is who is who.

I do not care. Just give Nicole her baby.

I wish Nicole would fall in love with EJ, he treats her the way she should be treated. Let Eric know he is bio dad. I really don't care. Get it over with. But let Nicole learn to love herself enough to know that she should be falling in love with a person that really LOVES her back.

Last edited:
Steve told Konstantin that Maggie is like family to him. Maybe I’m just having a mental block but I don’t remember Steve having any real stories with Maggie that would make him so protective of her? Thinking about the family trees, even through marriage Steve isn’t a Horton or a Kiriakis. I mean I’m all for the story it’s just weird about motivation.

I guess in a super roundabout kind of way, he and Bo loved each other like brothers, and Maggie was Bo's stepmother, so he's feeling protective over Bo's stepmother, and also Hope's beloved Aunt Maggie? I'm grasping at straws here to find a "deep" connection between them.

Leo was the biggest jerk today, acting like Sloan was a multi millionaire, using HER credit card to buy super expensive outfits. And he wants new living quarters, costing, he says, around 500 thousand $$$$. He really ticked me off
He certainly wasn't funny today. I know money is no problem in Salem, but let's get real here.

I bet Paulina will have cancer and it makes Abe get his memory back so he can be mayor again. MAYBE, chemo will harm her vocal cords and she will be mute. Oh well, I can hope.

Back