Days of Our Lives -Thurs., July 5, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, July 5, 2018

Most of the show deals with that horrible custody case, but..Rafe is at the loft apt. questioning Tripp & Claire about their phone conversation with Ciara. No, they noticed nothing unusual, or heard anything in background. Rafe tells them of suspicion she might be with Ben & why. Later, Claire is having a fit at the idea Ciara might be in trouble, hyperventilates, Tripp gives her a paper bag to breathe in, she is all falling apart, don't know what I would have done without you the last few days. Me, too, replies Tripp. Claire grabs and kisses him, he is not responding.

Hope paces, is worried, Rafe returns, promises Ciara will be all right, they will find her. She gets a call, Ben's doctor says he was supposed to be there by noon, has not called. Rafe does more reassuring, mentions he loves her, hugs, comforting.

Ben scurries back into the cabin, shutting door, peering thru window to outside. No, he is not o.k. Is out of his meds,. Went for a refill, place crawling with cops, he heard them mention an APB out on him, has to be Ciara's fault. Commissioner had to do it, she is Ciara's mom, Ciara must have said something. No, she didn't, Ciara repeats several times. Ben begins to have a delusion, is sorry for handcuffing Ciara to the bed, she says she isn't, he has some sort of flashbacks or rather illusions that she is. He is yelling at her, she lies, is a liar like all the rest. She wants to call her mom, say she is fine, but they need to get Ben his meds. They cannot stay in the cabin forever, they will need supplies, etc. Ben is yelling no, she takes the knife, and now holds it on the blanket.

Over to the judge's chambers where Ted manages to pull out every single piece of dirty laundry imaginable, whether relative to the case or not. It is ugly, nasty, and leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Theresa & Brady argue a bit about each undermining the other, judge quiets them down. Justin has brought in Chloe, who testifies as to being held prisoner in Mexico, Theresa escaping, leaving her there, telling no one in Salem about her when she got back. Also how Lucas got John Black & Paul Narita to go searching for her, only to be nearly killed when someone tipped off Mateo, that someone being Theresa, who admitted it to her, with Brady & Eve as witnesses.

Ted makes mince meat of all of it, mentioning the offer of an opera written especially for her, how she contemplated but turned it down, how Brady is her ex-husband, lent her money for the club which she is still paying off. And then Brady was engaged at one point to Nicole, how Chloe was in another child custody hearing about Holly, lied then, Brady running off to Canada with Nik & Holly, proving he is flight risk.

She is dismissed, goes to the club. Meanwhile, Eric has brought all this food his dad cooked for July 4th but no one came, to the cop shop, learned about Hope feeling Ben is with Ciara, tries to give calming opinions, then he goes to the club, to bring some to Doug & Julie. They are not there, but will appreciate it, she is sure, and Chloe spills the ugly details to Eric of what she just experienced. Eric is not a happy camper at all, they talks of Nicole, no Chloe has not heard from her.

Back to the judge's chambers, Justin suggests bringing Tate in to just make a simple statement, no testifying, Brady refuses absolutely, will not do that to his son, no way. Theresa is telling Ted she won't consent to joint custody, went thru it herself as a kid, horrible, back and forth to different homes, different sets of rules. Ted calls up Eve, surprising her. And now her turn for dirty laundry. The amulet found in her purse, her statement to cops that Brady put it there, her marriage to Deimos probably for the money, inheriting all his assets. She keeps saying how this all has nothing to do with this custody hearing, but he just continues to jab the knife.

Ben asks where Ciara got the knife, she reminds him he gave it to her for protection. He has been frantic.......then says you think I am a killer. Maybe I am!

Cannot wait for Dr. Baker to chime in on the proceedings in the judge's chambers. I kept thinks she should not be allowing some things, but........she never did. I certainly am no legal eagle, but seemed to be so loose in there. And once again, Justin........well, not very effective for sure.

Are attorneys really so very thorough? #1, Theresa has not been in town very long, and just decided the other day to sue for full custody. So....she gets this lawyer, and the case is put on the schedule immediately. O.K. This is still the same day, right? Case began in the morning, had a lunch break. Ted & Theresa did not know Chloe was coming in as witness. So how the heck did Ted have all that info on Chloe already?

Did he get a file on every single person either Brady or Theresa knows? Weird........yes, I know, it's a soap. LOL

Thank you, Poirot.

The way the custody battle has progressed seems very strange to me. I can't believe they just all shout out things whenever they feel like it.

The other day, Justin said he objected to something, and the judge said he couldn't do that in a custody hearing. Wouldn't Justin already know that? Or was he using an even smaller portion of the Salem brain than he is normally allotted?

Are attorneys really so very thorough? #1, Theresa has not been in town very long, and just decided the other day to sue for full custody. So....she gets this lawyer, and the case is put on the schedule immediately. O.K. This is still the same day, right? Case began in the morning, had a lunch break. Ted & Theresa did not know Chloe was coming in as witness. So how the heck did Ted have all that info on Chloe already?

Did he get a file on every single person either Brady or Theresa knows? Weird........yes, I know, it's a soap. LOL

slapface2.gif
Sorry, Barb, but you were beginning to apply logic to the Salemites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a terrible episode

I thought Rob Wilson(Ben), Victoria Konefal(Ciara) and Olivia Keegan(Claire) were fantastic today. I like that Hope is finally preoccupied with someone other than herself. I dislike the fact that this show continues to avoid scenes with Hope and Claire. That should be a major beat in this story on account of Claire being part of the reason Ciara left.

Ted told no lies. I loved that he was calling out both Brady and Eve on their troubled pasts. I can't recall at what point in time Kim and Shane remarried for good but the whole woe is me Jeannie T is clearly a rewrite regardless. Kim and Shane were not deadbeat parents.

Why did Ben initially say the store was 10 miles away when he first went to buy supplies but today mentioned a shopping center 3 miles away?

Santa Eric is going around town spreading July 4 cheer. If we can't have Chloe and Brady, can we at least have Chloe and Eric? They look so good together.

Well, I did not love that Ted had all that info at the ready so fast. He could have brought it up, yes, but Theresa was gone, and knew nothing of all he brought up. So, that was on his own. Does he have a dossier on every single Salemite in town?

I think it's plausible Jeannie T could have filled him on Eve and Brady. That info is not a secret. She knows about JJ and Chloe filled her in about Nicole and Eve.

That said, I still want Ted to be working for Vivian. Maybe she's out to get Brady or Victor.

They still did not know about Chloe coming to testify, and Theresa had no time to tell him anything. He still has entirely too much info on Brady, his family & friends.......so......yep, it would be great if he had originally been hired by Viv, filled in, collected all the info, and Theresa's suit just happened to fall into his lap.

Most of the questioning about Eve and Brady's pasts was directed to Eve, not Chloe. Jeannie T also didn't seem very shocked at the line of questioning which leads me to believe she prepped him. We even saw them whispering at one point.

On another note, since when does Eric suspect Brady had something to do with Nicole leaving? That's news to me.

Thanks, Poirot.

Jason sorry to hear your Thursdays aren't going well.

Lawyer question for DrBakerFan. Ted admitted he's French. Is he a French
citizen or was he born here? Can he do court case if he's not a US citizen?

I wonder how Ted knows everyone's secrets? He knew about JJ and Eve.

If Justin is such a good lawyer, why hasn't he spoken up about all the stuff
Ted is throwing around the hearing that doesn't seem be about the
custody case?

That Claire kissing Tripp again after they found out Ciara might be with Ben.

I laughed when Ben told Ciara he heard the cops say his name in the little radio.

Did I sleep through Jeannie T being shlepped from mom's house to dad's house? Her complaint regarding joint custody.

Kim and Shane broke up around the time she was pregnant with Jeannie and did not reunite together until 2010. At that time it was believed that Shane was not the father of Jeannie. In 1991 when Jeannie T was about a year old they discovered he was her father. However, Shane had moved on with Kayla :sick: and he and Kim did not get together at that point. Both actors left the show in 1992, so Kim and Shane were off screen during that time although Kim visited on occasion, sometimes with Andrew and Jeannie.

Theresa did mention to JJ when she first came on the show in 2013 that she was not around Shane too much growing up. It could be why she has such an aversion to joint custody for Tate.

Back