Days of Our Lives - Thurs. June 17, 2010

Thanks for the preview, Barb. I wish Sami and Will would both listen to Julie and Doug, but somehow I doubt it will happen. I also wish Julie could be around to fill in as family matriarch. It sure would be nice to see some family support these days.

yep...that's what I was hoping too OC. You can tell by the reaction just on this board that anytime Julie appears everyone is excited to see her....she has poise, wisdom and she is a straigt shooter about what she sees happening to her family.
Doug...I don't know as well....but I do wish he had a better influence over Will...good Lord he doesn't have Lucas around any more!

Julie has come along way from the lying, scheming person she used to be. I'd like to see her more often too. I was a little girl when Bill Hayes (Doug) came out with the hit song, "Davy Crockett," and I still like him. His character has come a long way too and I'm an old woman who will be a year older next Thursday.

yer not an old woman!

and Happy Birthday in advance. :)
I will dance on the table for ya!

Do you see them keeping this couple around for a while or is it just because of Alice?
I think the last time I saw them so much was during that godawful "letter" thing...

Doug is wonderful, and so very handsome, still. I just love him....he does get emotional about Alice, too.
You all do know that both Doug & Julie have been on Days practically the same as Maggie. They knew Alice so very well.

Yes, they are married and he is 20-something years older than Julie. Doug is in his eighties and is still remarkably handsome and charming. I would love to see them move into Alice's house to take care of her...and stay forever. **sigh**

Saw the show last night. Boy the scenes with Julie, Sami, Doug, and Will were amazing. It was like being transported back to the good old days. I would love to see Doug and Julie stay around.

Loved the scenes with Victor and Maggie. Boy is Maggie everyones sponser. Was is Lucas and now Brady's. Loved how she was able to keep Victor under control and was so happy that Victor thanked her for it.

Glad that Brady knows that he was set up and did not do the drugs himself, will make recovery easier for him I think.

Loved seeing Mia. I am so going to miss her.

Ill be so glad to see Mia out of the picture and off the show. After the Grace stuff, she was really useless to any story line.

Well, DJM and Andre D. (I think) will miss her so let's be happy they get a last look. :) I don't mind seeing her either but also don't care for the character she has become.

Bill Hayes sang Davy Crockett?? I sure didn't know that! So many of us of that era loved the song and the tv show.

Absolutely fantastic episode today!! Doug and Julie still have IT! They need to be back full time. Why can other soaps write for their over-50 characters but this one sees fit to ignore them?? Is it Ken Corday, SONY, or NBC???

Lana
Always Doug and Julie

Doug & Julie were wonderful as always. It was good to see them have scenes with some substance for a change. Bill & Susan are such wonderful actors. Both have been nominated for Emmys for their Days' roles multiple times (Bill-2x and Susan-4x). The show is crazy not to use them more often. I will say I'm happy that they've been on more this year than last. I don't think we saw them until Christmas then.

DJM, I agree with everything you said, except that last part about Mia.

The acting was so fantastic today.

Julie and Doug were just amazing. I loved the way Julie spoke to Sami, strong, kind and relentless.

Maggie and Victor were amazing. They are quickly climbing into the ranks of my favorites (which they already were individually and now I love them together).

And Nicole and Dr. B were fabulous. Arianne Zucker (Nicole) was in top form. You could see how distraught she was over what happened to Brady and how serious she took the whole thing -- truly a woman in love. I don't think I have ever seen her this upset. Yes, she was upset during the whole baby thing, but this was on a whole different level.

Great episode. Except for the Mia part. Thanks Poirot!

Back