Days of Our Lives - Thurs. May 9, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems as tho no one was able to help out today. So here is the Cliff Notes version.
It is election day in Salem.
Will gets a scan to see if tumor shrunk, it did not, Kayla goes over his biopsy report, finds something she did not notice before.
Eli rants at Abe (dining with Lani) about breaking his mother's heart, Abe explains all, Eli apologizes.
JJ has voted, Eve sits outside the booth, gives him a hard time about telling about Jack/Kayla, JJ tells her off.
Jack wants Kayla to sign some paper about the rape he calls an unfortunate incident..she says forget it, not using me for your election, tears paper up.
Tripp comes to see Claire at Kmansion, (she already blew up at Sonny & Will) asking why she tore up that wedding pic of him & Haley. She spouts off, Tripp thinks he needs to let her go, leaves, she is not gonna let Haley win.
Eve finds Jack in their room, despondent, Kayla would not sign. Claire pops in, has that recording of Tripp admitting all was fake. Eve gets rid of Jack, talks Claire into giving her the recording, promising Tripp won't go to jail, and Haley will be gone.
Haley is making a hospital bed, doing a lousy job of it( in my opinion) in comes JJ, they sit and talk. JJ imagines a picnic on Smith Island, hiking, picking flowers, stuffing themselves, napping. Haley would love that. Eve walks in, is snide, snarky, plays the recording, shocking Haley.
Will & Sonny are back at Kmansion from hospital, Sonny mentioning Ari going to be asking why Maggie is so sad, don't know how to tell her about Holly. Will is puzzled, what about Holly? Sonny says he knows, they talked this a.m. No, Will has no idea what he is talking about.

I just finished watching (or rather fast forwarding) the show. Awful, in my opinion.

Thank you so much for writing this, Poirot. All I can add to your summary, is that Jack runs into Jennifer at the end, just after she's finished voting. Jack says he thought she was visiting Abby in Paris, Jennifer says "Yeah, but I'm back". (Well, duh...)

May I say that the voting process was the most ridiculous one I have ever seen. I know they have restrictions when it comes to the budget, but this is beyond ridiculous.

The voting takes place in Horton Town Square, the voting booths are very close to each other, right next to the restaurant tables, there appears to be no-one taking people's IDs and info or anything, people can talk to someone about the vote right after they're finished. Which is what Eve does with JJ, while they both stand next to the booths. Then, the ballots themselves are not given back to a person in charge so they can be put in the ballot boxes. So Jennifer, when she is finished, just walks away, leaving, no ballot in hand, running into Jack.

I don't know how voting works in the United States, but I can tell you, it does not work like that here. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Many places in U.S. have voting machines.......however, there is a live person standing by each machine. Those booths did look like ones used for paper ballots, therefore one should come out with folded ballot in hand, and put into ballot box. Agree about having to sign in, etc. You do have to present picture I.D. in my state, and get checked off on the list.

Good for Kayla!

Thank you for the summary, Poirot. I always appreciate it but even more than ever right now.

Sounds like maybe Will is losing his memory again??

So, many of my favorite characters were on today: Eve, Sonny, Will, and Claire. :sarcasm: Too bad Sarah wasn't there with them. :sarcasm:

Does Claire think she will have a chance of getting Tripp back, after he finds out she exposed Haley?

Several Salemites weren't exactly clicking on all cylinders today.

Claire: She started by claiming that she wasn't crazy and then proceeded to prove that she is by trusting Eve.

Jack: He had the nerve to ask Kayla to endorse a press release that characterized being raped by him as "an unfortunate episode" and a "regrettable incident." It's too bad there wasn't a burly security guard nearby who could have grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and then pitched him out the front door of the hospital and into the street.

Eli: Without waiting for an explanation, he started in on poor Mayor Abe about the ridiculous kiss photo. Who does he think Abe is, the second coming of lowlifes like EJ and Stefan Zero?

Eve: She's been way off the rails for quite some time and then proved that she's still stuck firmly in la-la land with her babble to JJ about the correctness of going after hapless Haley.

Sonny and Will: As soon as Kayla said that feckless Rexy and the awful Sarah were in charge of Will's brain-tumor case, they should have immediately planned to get a second opinion from first-rate medical facility like the Mayo Clinic or Sloan-Kettering.

The stuff with Jack and Kayla made me feel sick. Is Jack even a resident? Does he have a utility bill? Could he even vote in Salem? He lives in a hotel. I'm so glad this election nonsense is almost over.

How voting works in the U.S. varies by location. I've never had a person standing next to each voting machine. You vote and may or may not get a paper printout. BUT polling places are in an enclosed location. Lots are in a city library or school gym or other civic places, and there are rules about campaigning or having campaign materials within a certain distance from each polling place. A candidate couldn't be milling about giving statements right next to a voting booth. Insane.

Tripp seems to be wising up to Claire's crazy. Today really highlighted how thin the plotline was around why Haley marrying him instead of JJ. It doesn't make any sense. If she'd married JJ, there would be zero problem, and there's no real reason why she couldn't.

Thanks, Poirot.

I'm glad Abe talked to Eli about the situation about him and Sheila. At
first, I thought Eli was going to knock his head off.

I thought it was strange Tripp brought donuts to Maggie since Holly died.

I didn't like Will's hair today.

Wow, Eve knocked on the door before she found Haley and JJ. If she
hadn't, she would have seen them kissing.

Tripp has no idea how right he is Claire needs to talk to someone.

I live in a small town and no one votes in an open location. We have similar box like dividers. But when you finish you have to put ballot in a sealed envelope and insert it in a machine overseen by officials. No one just walks away like JJ and Jennifer did.

As much as I dislike Claire, and as crazy as I think she is, I have to say, Tripp has bothered me about as much in this whole story as Claire has. What kind of man is presumptuous enough to think his girlfriend is going to stand by and be all supportive and happy to be a part of "doing the right thing," while her boyfriend marries another woman and kicks the girlfriend out? While I did feel sorry for Haley in her dilemma, it never was clear to me that Tripp marrying her was the right thing to do. But if he felt he must do it, he should have counted the cost and made a clean break with Claire. Stringing her along the way he did was a cruel thing to do. Since I don't like Claire, I don't really feel sorry for her but I do feel irritated every time Tripp says something stupid to her, like, "You know it was the right thing to do."

Yes, she was. But it lasted what? 30 seconds? And if I remember correctly, she had begun to forgive JJ when he proposed to marry her. Tripp suggested marriage after. So no reason, again, for all this, except cheap drama and dumb storylines. And I am sorry, I realize I am being very negative, but it's because I'm so disappointed in this show.

Didn't they think ICE wouldn't believe a marriage between JJ and Haley because it might look like revenge on his Dad?

Back