Days of Our Lives - Thurs., September 22, 2022

Kris10

Reaction score
Nancy and Clyde in the pub together. He's crazy about her. They are both totally smitten. Clyde gets a text. He says Oh dang. It's his probation officer, he has to do random drug tests as a condition of his parole. He tells her he used to deal but her love is the only drug he needs right now.

Jennifer is popping pills and looking at a picture of Abby. Jack walks in and questions her.

Leo in jail lamenting about trusting Gwen and thinking she was his friend. How could she? Craig walks in and says talking to oneself is the first sign of losing your mind. Is he going to go for an insanity defense? Leo didn't know he was back in town, He came back last night. He'd heard Gwen turned him in, but he sold her out first. Leo wants to know what he's talking about. He finally admits maybe he earned payback, but what Craig did he will burn in hell for.

Jack wants to know what Jennifer is doing, she makes up a lie about straightening Abby's picture. They hug. Jack tries to comfort her, when the doorbell rings. She tells him to check who it is, he says they'll go away, Jen pushes and then hides the pill bottle when he goes to get the door.

Alex brings balloons and stuffed animals to Sonny in his hospital room, candy too. Sonny wants to know what he's doing there. Alex says trying to make his kid brother feel better. Sonny thinks Alex is trying to steal his job and take over Titan. Alex doesn't want his job. Sonny says so you were forced to take over as CEO. Alex says Victor practically begged him to take over until Sonny was better. Sonny thinks he's after more based on the moves he's seen he's making per the paper. They bicker like siblings about jelly beans and the company and family. Alex starts to walk out with the balloons but Sonny apologizes and says he's frustrated about being stuck in the hospital and maybe he overreacted. Alex only wants what is best for Sonny. He wants to help him make good on his second chance.

Craig doesn't know what he's talking about, he did nothing to Leo. Leo says his words are dripping with scorn. Craig says they should be. Leo says it filled him with anger, commitment and a dedication to making Leo suffer. Leo knows the truth, he figured it out, Craig's framing him.

It was Gwen at the door, she tells Jennifer hello. She's sorry to drop in unannounced. Jen is grateful she came, she wanted the chance to thank her for turning Leo in. Jack knows that wasn't easy for her. Gwen admits she had her own selfish motives for turning Leo in, it wasn't solely for Abby. Jack says you called the police out of spite. Jen doesn't care why she did it, just that Abigail's killer is in custody. Gwen isn't so sure about that.

Nancy and Clyde discuss Leo's arrest. She and her daughter are safe now. They talk about the engagement ring and he thinks she needs more bling. He wants to marry her soon. Today even! She's shocked. Dinner with her ex got him thinking, Craig looked jealous at their dinner. They should double down and give him a wedding to feel jealous about. Nancy asks if he wants to get married just to stick it to Craig. Clyde says no, that's not his reason. Clyde wonders if Nancy is afraid of Craig after she says he wouldn't be happy.

Chad is talking to Rafe about why he thinks Craig may be the killer. He brings up the smelling vanilla thing.

Leo says Craig killed Abigail and laid in wait at the Titan office to plunge the knife into Sonny's back. Craig wants to know if he really thinks he stabbed two people for him. Leo says it's just the two of them , lover to lover, he wants Craig to admit what he did.

Sonny decides to share some of his jelly beans with Alex as a performance bonus for the great job he's doing while he's stuck in there. He admits Alex is making smart moves and he's sorry for doubting him. Alex accepts the apology and they hug. Declarations of love. Stephanie comes in, she got a call from a reporter asking about a deal. Sonny wants to know what's going on. Alex tries to hush it up but Stephanie says they want to know why an LLC owned by Alex bought a company and then sold it to Titan. Sonny isn't looking happy.

Did I say something wrong, Stephanie asks, Sonny is super upset because he didn't know Alex owned the company he lost out to. Sonny thinks Alex has been plotting against him all along.

Jack wonders if Gwen thinks Leo is innocent. She says he's anything but, but she doesn't think he killed Abigail. Jennifer wonders why. Gwen doesn't think he has the stomach to stab someone. Gwen says when they were together before she turned him in, he was persuasive about being framed. Jack admits he's wondered too. Gwen tells them Leo is convinced it was Craig.

Leo taunts Craig to admit what he did. Doesn't Craig want him to beg for forgiveness? Craig says he reeks of desperation, does he expect anyone to believe this crazy theory of his. Leo says yes, he'll prove it.

Nancy says Craig has a temper, but she's not worried about him getting mad. She wants to get married when it is perfect for them, not to get at Craig. Clyde thinks she's a marvel. How about they get married today and not tell anyone. It won't be about anything but him marrying the best person he knows. Nancy agrees. He's the best thing ever. But she wants to have Chloe there and she's going to want to have Brady there. She wants Craig there too. For the same reason he wanted Nancy at his wedding to Leo, they share two daughters and a history. They are a family and will always be. Deep down Craig is a good man, says Nancy.

Leo reminds Craig he left Nancy and gave up his whole life to be with him. He was hurt, humiliated and when he found out the truth something snapped inside him. That's why he killed Abigail. Craig snaps and grabs Leo through the prison bars.

Alex was not plotting against Sonny, he bought the company because Sonny almost blew it. He was trying to help him. More arguing. Sonny thinks Leo wasn't the only person to stab him in the back. Sonny gives him his stuff and tells Alex to get out of the room. Stephanie wants them to talk and tries to get Alex to stay.

Clyde wishes Ben, Ciara and the baby were with them too. Today is just for them, but they'll celebrate with the Westons later. Brady can be his best man and Chloe her maid of honor. Clyde jokes that Craig could walk her down the aisle. Nancy is going to call and ask him. Clyde will get his drug test taken care of.

Chad just wants the right person behind bars and he'd love to accept it was Leo. Rafe needs to ask questions. Leo has a lot of enemies. Rafe isn't sure he buys the theory but promises Chad to look into it. Chad leaves. Rafe doesn't look like he took Chad too seriously.

Craig doubts one person would miss Leo and then shoves him back in his cell. He's adamant that if someone is framing Leo it isn't him. Leo calls him a sadistic maniac. Craig says he didn't know Leo, he thanks god he's out of his life forever. Leo calls him an excellent liar, even better than him. Leo's on to him. He can't get away with framing him. Craig leaves.

Jennifer has known Craig a long time, he's hardly an angel, but why would he kill Abigail. Gwen tells them Leo's theory about Craig snapping. Jack says that would make Abigail collateral damage. Gwen walks to the photo of Abby, she knows how much she hurt her, and she's very sorry that she was unable to make amends to her. She does hope whoever killed her sister pays for it. Jack's going to walk out with her. Jennifer asks where he's going? The paper. Gwen tells her to take care.

Jennifer takes the photo and her pill bottle down as Gwen comes back into the room to get her purse. They kind of look at each other realizing what she's seen. Jen plays it off that she's taking antibiotics, but Gwen knows what they are. She says her mom used to hide bottles behind frames too, she thought it was just grief, but she can tell its more. Jen tells her she has no idea what she's going through. Gwen says no she can't but Jen is an addict who's been in recovery for a while. Jennifer says it's none of her business. Gwen wants to help her. She's going to get Jack. Jennifer tells her not to think about it.

Stephanie didn't mean to cause problems between the brothers. she thought he knew. Sonny will never trust his brother again. Alex goes to leave the hospital and runs into Clyde who says "Watch where you're going son" who Alex responds to with "I'm not your son." (har har)

Nancy tells Chad she's so sorry about Abigail. Chad says he ran into Craig yesterday. They discuss his cologne. Has he always worn something that smells like vanilla? Nancy seems confused.

Rafe runs into Craig and wants to know if he has a few minutes to talk. Craig says about what? Rafe says Craig was engaged to Leo, he probably knows more about him. They go towards the interrogation room.

Stephanie is back at the office when Alex comes in. She says Sonny's trying to get discharged to take his job back, Alex wants to know if he can give his side of the story. Stephanie is Team Titan. Alex wants to do lunch so they can fix the problem. She declines.

Jennifer says after everything Gwen has done to the family, now she wants to rat her out to Jack. Gwen says Jack's her husband. Abigail wouldn't want this for Jennifer. Jennifer says she's not there and Gwen can't compare herself to her daughter. Jennifer says Gwen owes her. Jennifer says the only reason Gwen has a relationship with Jack is because she allows it and she'll make sure Gwen never sees Jack again if she tells him. Then tells her to get the hell out of her house. Gwen leaves.

Nancy tells Chad that's odd, he never wore aftershave or cologne the entire time they were married. Nancy says Clyde wears something that smells like vanilla. Chad flashes back to his meeting with Craig and Clyde being there.

Clyde is at the hospital filling out papers, he looks into Sonny's room. There's a flashback to Clyde with the knife at Sonny's office. (Are we serious now, we're going to circle back to Clyde?!)

Either Clyde's mad that Leo sold him stolen jewelry so he framed him for stabbing Sonny and someone else entirely killed Abigail, he doesn't like Sonny or Leo because they're gay, or he was hired by the Alamain guy (the guy who weaponized the golden peacock statue) to get revenge on all who stopped him. Remember, Will started it by pursuing the story, Leo helped him, and Chad, Will, and Sonny entered a drag contest in order to win the emerald (one of the infinity sto= I MEAN peacock gems), and Leo swapped the real emerald with a fake.

Well done, Kris10!

I do believe Gwen was sincere about wanting to help Jennifer, unless I'm being too trusting and gullible again about a character possibly trying to redeem themselves. Still, it is not her place to inform Jack, and she should stay out of it.

There is no reason I can think of for Clyde killing Abby, but as FinchelKlaine4E theorized, he does have a reason for revenge against Leo and did not look pleased to see that Sonny survived.

Nancy CANNOT marry Clyde, this wedding MUST BE STOPPED! And did they really have to do this to Nancy? She is so obviously smitten, and even though Clyde is not being redeemed, obviously, while I do think he also is smitten, he also is too anxious to marry Nancy, and that is a huge red flag. Is this because wives can't testify against their husbands, and that is why he wants to speed up the wedding?

I must comment on wardrobe again. Stephanie is lovely, but why do so many women in Salem parade around in low-cut-in front and low-cut-in-back dresses, especially during the day? It is NOT business attire. She looked very pretty, but she needed more dress. Maybe I'm being too old fashioned in my thinking. Gabi usually dresses the same way, too. Gwen, for one, is quite conservative in her attire, and she still looks nice.

Craig is acting very creepy now, I think he is guilty of something, but I really don't think he had anything to do with Abby. There are other things he could have done to get revenge on Leo and was possibly planning.

I am hoping for a good cliffhanger tomorrow.

Are you putting happenings from Beyond Salem into regular Days? They are separate.
Poirot - You don't believe that there is a thread between Beyond and Days? Li's sister, who we met on Beyond, is coming to Salem, and there was recent mention of a few things that happened on Beyond. Can events on Beyond be mixed in with Days? Just wondering if there truly is a connection. Thanks.

Have not seen any of Beyond things, so that all means nothing to those who have not seen those separate stories. Makes no difference, Days brings on characters, sends them off, kills them, gives them new jobs elsewhere all the time. Days was still on network at the time Beyond first appeared, and right now, a great many viewers are unable to watch Days, relying on summaries to keep them going, until NBC gets a grip and comes to their senses. Days is losing viewers daily.

This is Days of Our Lives board....really not fair to refer to different series events......and Beyond IS a different series. First word denotes it.

I have not had a chance to watch but I am bummed that it is pointing to Clyde as at least Sonny's attacker. I think he's cute with Nancy and was hoping he was on track to be a somewhat nice guy. Trying to think of why Orpheus would want to hurt Sonny. I do remember that conversation. Hmmm??

Have no idea what that means, sorry.
It means even though the digital and streaming episodes are separate from the main show, what happens in the digital/streaming shows are part of the main show. They're like "bonus" material for the main show. Kind of like deleted scenes from movies or TV shows that sometimes are added to DVDs, shown during credits or uploaded to YouTube.

For example, on The Big Bang Theory, after Sheldon and Amy's wedding, the producers uploaded a scene that had to be cut for time at the end. Stephen Hawking had sent them a gift; Penny and Leonard bring it to Sheldon and Amy. It was the show's way to honor Hawking after he died.

Have not seen any of Beyond things, so that all means nothing to those who have not seen those separate stories. Makes no difference, Days brings on characters, sends them off, kills them, gives them new jobs elsewhere all the time. Days was still on network at the time Beyond first appeared, and right now, a great many viewers are unable to watch Days, relying on summaries to keep them going, until NBC gets a grip and comes to their senses. Days is losing viewers daily.

This is Days of Our Lives board....really not fair to refer to different series events......and Beyond IS a different series. First word denotes it.
Gotcha, thanks!

Hopefully, after this is all resolved, Nancy will think long and hard before jumping into another relationship. I am not sure why she is even back? Even if "all" Clyde did was to stab Sonny and someone else killed Abby, he is going away for a long time. Even if he says he did it because Orpheus told him to. And, even if they do get married, which I hope they don't, being married isn't going to stop Nancy from testifying. I don't think she will have a problem doing it. Nancy is gullible and desperate, but she is not going to try to protect Clyde after this. I think the writers just think they are so clever and creative, but after all this time, it is just pretty dumb and so anti-climatic. Craig would have been more interesting, I guess, but too much character assassination. I guess once Ben and Ciara left, they had no real reason for Clyde, so they are getting rid of him this way?

While the law says a wife cannot be forced to testify against her husband, I don't think there is anything preventing her from doing so of her own free will. If she wants to, she can. Yep, could be very wrong, maybe it varies state to state? But Lisa K. is right.....Nancy has a temper and can show it. I just feel for her, (if Clyde is guilty,) as she spoke of being married so long and fooled by someone she thought loved her, but was cheating.

What gets me is that back in her day, Nancy and Craig were both top-notch schemers, so it makes no sense that she's now so wishy-washy with Clyde. The Nancy of the 90s would've snapped Clyde in half and stepped over the broken pieces as she went on to her next scheming plan.

Maybe she still will........if Clyde has really pulled the wool over her eyes. Then again, Craig is acting so weird, it's like he would be afraid to step on a bug.....or is that pretense?

Back