Days of Our Lives - Thurs., September 22, 2022

While the law says a wife cannot be forced to testify against her husband, I don't think there is anything preventing her from doing so of her own free will. If she wants to, she can. Yep, could be very wrong, maybe it varies state to state? But Lisa K. is right.....Nancy has a temper and can show it. I just feel for her, (if Clyde is guilty,) as she spoke of being married so long and fooled by someone she thought loved her, but was cheating.
Poirot, in this case, the spousal privilege can only be waived by the accused husband/wife. If Nancy married Clyde, she would be barred from testifying about anything she learned because of her marriage to Clyde unless he agreed to it. (She could testify about anything she learned before the marriage.) As for Clyde, how can anyone who works in the Pub kitchen smell like vanilla?. More likely, he'd reek of Brady Burger grease or eau de clam chowder. I'd agree that Clyde's the reddest of red herrings. Clyde is a conniver and has absolutely no motive to harm either Abigail or Sonny.

Last edited:
DrBakerFan ~ couldn't a person testify against their spouse if they were the victim of a spousal attack? I, too, thought that one could not be "forced" to testify against spouse, but could volunteer to testify.

I don’t see Clyde being the culprit totally. I’m thinking someone gave him the knife to stab Sonny with to implicate Leo but I think we are looking at two separate “killers”

The web series are not "completely separate shows". They are bonus, and everything that happens will be referenced on the main show, characters can come and go, run into each other. The Walking Dead does this. They have several web series, and even separate entire seasons of tv shows, that are all part of the same main story, and all can have characters show up on the main show even. I'm not sure I'm a fan of this though. I don't really have the time to watch 5 different series to keep up with what's going on. The most frustrating was when SVU did it with Detective Stabler's show. You had to watch an SVU and then the other show back and forth for either show to even make sense. annoying a bit, in my opinion.

Hey, Dr. B, thank you so much for that info on spousal testimony. That is interesting about the before & after marriage info law.

As to Clyde being the culprit.......sort of looks like the writers either had not decided on who it would be, or perhaps had someone else originally planned, then changed their minds.

DrBakerFan ~ couldn't a person testify against their spouse if they were the victim of a spousal attack? I, too, thought that one could not be "forced" to testify against spouse, but could volunteer to testify.
A spouse can refuse to testify against their husband/wife, but a spousal attack would be a whole different story. There a person would be testifying about something that happened to them, not some confidential information that they learned about because they were married to the other person. For example, if Clyde slapped Nancy around she could march down to the police station and tell Rafe, but if one night while watching Law and Order, Clyde said: "Yes Nance, it's true, I killed Abigail while stealing jewelry and stabbed Sonny because he's an annoying twit who mocked Ollie sailing around the world. Oh, and by the way, I've been cheating on my taxes since 1995." Nancy could refuse to tell the cops about these remarks or she could be prevented from testifying about these statements if it was Clyde who invoked the spousal privilege.

Last edited:
"Yes Nance, it's true, I killed Abigail while stealing jewelry and stabbed Sonny because he's an annoying twit who mocked Ollie sailing around the world. Oh, and by the way, I've been cheating on my taxes since 1995."
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I would pay for an entire year of Peacock just to see this scene happen.

Clyde was pretty upset about Abby having sex with Chad while engaged to Ben, to the point of threatening the lab tech to make sure the prenatal paternity test showed Ben as the father of her baby. But eventually that was all water under the bridge after Ben killed Serena, Paige, Will and midwife Wendy, and was put into Bayview. Plus the truth of Chad being Thomas' father came to light. Then Ben was released, fell in love with Ciara and that became its own storyline. So it's kind of hard to believe Clyde has held on to his grudge against Abby this long, especially since Ben's life straightened out and he found love, got married and had his own son.

Back