Days Of Our Lives- Thursday, 10/16/14

missharleyquinn

Reaction score
First half... As I've been running pretty long with summaries lately, figured I would split this up.

Hope is on the phone with Aiden, excited about the picnic he's planning. "It's a date," she says. Ciara comes up from behind her, she wants to know what a date is. Hope tells Aiden she has to go, hangs up, thought Ciara was on a field trip. The bus broke down, she saw Hope standing over there (wow, safe school). Ciara knows what a date is, wants to know what kind of date Hope is going on- lunch date or real date? Real date, Hope confirms. Ciara wants to know how she could go on a date. Hope notices Ciara is wearing Bo's sweatshirt, there's something she's been wanting to explain to Ciara but hasn't had the right moment. Explains how Bo's absence has made her very sad, she doesn't know when he's coming back, Ciara argues that they're married still.

Maggie runs into Aiden, who is in the park waiting on Hope. Maggie knows that she is ending things with Bo, the picnic Aiden set up is lovely. Aiden's phone goes off, he had set this up for one beautiful lady who can't make it- would another like to join?

Paige is on the phone, quietly telling someone she'll be there. Eve overhears, tells her she certainly hopes she isn't calling JJ from their house. Paige says she wasn't, Eve demands to know who she was talking to. Paige tells her it's none of her business, she's an adult. Eve says they used to share everything, Paige thinks otherwise. She always listened to Eve, all her problems, guy problems. Eve thinks she's being cruel. Paige is being honest. Next, we see Eve alone, looking at pictures. Knock at the door, MaryBeth is there to pick up Paige for class. They aren't doing a very good job keeping her away from JJ, Paige stormed off and probably straight into his arms. Mary Beth suggests they back off, Eve refuses.

Paige is walking in the square, sticking an envelope into her purse. Ends up running into Mary Beth, literally, dropping her purse. Mary Beth picks up the envelope, shocked to see that it's birth control.

JJ is at Daniel's office, Daniel asks him if Paige is working. She has class, JJ says, Daniel goes on to tell him if he is looking for Jennifer, he hasn't seen her. JJ says he knows they (Daniel and Jennifer) aren't exactly cool right now, but he does need to talk to him for a second. Daniel tells him JJ can tell him anything, it'll stay between them. Also tells him he could tell his mom anything, too, JJ disagrees. It's about his dad. He explains to Daniel about Paige overhearing Kayla talking about her rape, doesn't know what to tell Paige. Knows it was a very different Jack, not the one JJ knew. JJ fears in some way, he's like Jack was back then, thinks maybe heredity would make him be like that. Daniel says no, and when he got to know Jack a few years ago, he really liked him. Says really nice things about Jack. He learned from his mistakes, became a different man. A good man. JJ still doesn't know how to explain to Paige.

Rafe is on the phone, talking about the case in the middle of town with Abe. A big break fell right in their laps, they agree to let eachother know when they hear anything. Kate catches the tail end of the conversation, wants to know if it was about EJ. Rafe can't discuss, Kate tries to pry. When the rest of Salem knows, she will too. Now Kate wants to talk about Jordan. Innocently mentions she thought Jordan was upset finding out Kate went to dinner with her father. Rafe wants to know what kind of game she's really playing. Kate just wants to know why Jordan isn't getting along with him, Rafe won't talk about it. Kate asks if all of this is still painful, he lets her know both he and Jordan are moving on. His phone rings, Kate leaves.

Clyde, in his park office, also on the phone. Everyone found everything they were supposed to, and with EJ out of the way, he wants everything wrapped with a big bow so they can get back to business. Clyde is sending a text to "unknown"- he would like to see them soon, is worried about them. Coincidentally, we cut to Kate and Rafe, and Kate's phone rings.

Chad is in DiMansion living room, quietly saying to the urn that EJ wasn't supposed to die. He breaks down, crying, and Jordan hugs him as he says he didn't want EJ to die. Goes on to talk about his mom, how she was suddenly gone. Wishes he had a little more time with both. Feels guilty over EJ, for being angry, not backing off. Jordan is trying to comfort him, EJ knew he loved him and knew Chad would forgive him in time. "Like hell he did," we hear, as Jordan and Chad turn to see Sami standing there, angry. Jordan takes her leave. Chad asks Sami how the kids are doing, and Sami lays into him. Asks him if he was thinking about the kids when he was trying to destroy EJ. Says she gave Chad the chance to make it right, Chad didn't, and as a result, Stefano's last words to EJ were "you're dead to me". She's screaming at Chad, smacking him. She falls to the floor, sobbing. Chad kneels beside her, quietly telling Sami he's there for her, if she wants to scream, hit him, wants him to leave... He's there. He just wants to try to help her.

Earlier, Sami was with Johnny in his room, comforting him as he's crying, holding a box. Sami tells him as long as he loves EJ, he will always be in his heart. She suggests they go get something to eat, Johnny didn't eat breakfast and they'll get whatever he wants for lunch. He refuses, saying what happened to EJ was all his fault. In the box, Johnny has a lucky charm he was supposed to give EJ when he got back from camp. Sami gently tells him it wouldn't change anything, and tells him EJ wanted him to know he'll always be in his heart and it very important he know that, his sisters too.

Hope is explaining to Ciara that she and Bo won't be married much longer. Ciara wants to know if Bo is ever coming back, Hope doesn't know, but she does know that Bo loves Ciara very much and that'll never change. Ciara says that means she is sure, because she isn't going to wait for him anymore. She sits down beside Hope, takes the sweatshirt off, and lays her head on Hope's shoulder. Hope hugs her, promises her they can talk whenever they want, everything will be okay. Ciara wants to know who she's going on a date with. Aiden walks up, "there you are!" As Ciara starts saying, "no! No, no, no, no!"

Daniel tells JJ if he needs privacy, time to think, he can use his place. He's on duty for hours, can go now if he wants. They hug, JJ leaves.

Paige is annoyed with Mary Beth, she shouldn't have been snooping, isn't having sex with JJ. Just being a responsible adult and wants this to stay between them. If Mary Beth says anything to Eve about it, their friendship is done.

Kate and Clyde have met up at the pub, Kate has told him she can take care of herself, not sure why he would worry about her. An excuse to see her, apparently, they're discussing EJ, Sami, the kids and how Kate is related to them all. Clyde gets a call, everything is according to his plan. Kate doesn't seem concerned, just tells him good for him, nice when things follow plan. Clyde gives her a velvet box, she said it seems inappropriate. Clyde tells her to humor him, open the box, and Kate does and starts laughing hard. Outside, we see Jordan looking in, horrified. In the box was a fortune cookie, Kate jokes about meeting a handsome stranger, Clyde tells her she already has. Fortune reads "it's only naughty if you get caught".

Sami has calmed down, Chad's gotten her water. She tells Chad there's nothing he can do, he tells her if she thinks of anything, let him know, he isn't going anywhere. Rafe lets himself in, the door was unlocked. Sami doesn't care, starts hounding him, wanting to know if they have anything and if they got the guy, is he in custody. In a manner of speaking, yes, they do, he is... He's in the morgue. They found him with EJ's ring, watch, the gun, he had gunshot residue... Sami and Chad are disgusted to find out this junkie killed EJ just to go overdose. All evidence so far points to this guy, Rafe says. He thought it would make Sami and the family feel better knowing it wasn't personal, but Sami says this is just worse.

Eve is at the hospital, she's feeling much better now that she's met her doctor. Bragging about how she used to be a singer, blah blah, sees Daniel and has to gush about how he was right about her doctor. Daniel tells her if she trusts his opinion so much, maybe she needs to listen to him about JJ. She gets mad, tells him he may know medical stuff but knows nothing about her daughter, and leaves.

Paige has knocked on Daniel's door to find JJ, she saw him ducking into the building. She tells him about her birth control, that she's ready. Goes on about how they're so close, have no secrets, and she wants him to be her first.

Sami to Chad: "Where you thinking about my kids when you were trying to destroy EJ?" The Hypocrisy stinks here. Really really Sami, did you think about your children when you set out to destroy EJ for cleaning Abigail in the shower? Boy EJ and Sami truly deserved each other, they never claims responsibility for their short comings.

Clyde is still sending the "Rapist" vibe therefore I will continue to stand by my belief that Ben is Jordan and Clyde's child from rape.

Paide is as boring and interesting as ever.

Miguel is already dead wow Clyde works faster than Stefano

Ben couldn't be Jordan's son with Clyde. Ben witnessed his and Jordan's biological mother being beaten up all the time by Clyde as well as Ben and likely Jordan were being hit too. Ben and Jordan aren't far apart in age. Likely Miguel being scared and upset Jeremiah gave Miguel a ride to the bluffs getting Miguel as high as he can take until he ODed. Very clever Clyde.

No; the man in the morgue is the homeless drug dealer that was mentioned the other day, when Clyde told Jeremiah to plant it on some random druggie. Plus, he told Jeremiah that he wants Miguel buried somewhere in the country, I think back in the Ozarks, so that no one would find him.

Thanks for the write-up, Harley, good job!
Sounds like a good show. I'm tired of Sami not taking responsibility for HER part in trying to destroy EJ. Chad hadn't even really done much to EJ besides chewing him out and telling Stefano that he gave evidence to Rafe. EJ was the idiot who somehow thought Fatha never would've learned the truth eventually, and chose to send in the evidence. I'm also just getting tired of everyone grieving over EJ, who was far from the upstanding citizen everyone seems to be making him out to be. It's already getting boring and old, as we've seen this for several days in a row. Give us at least a day or two without that crap!

Chad and Jordan, Kate & Clyde...the pairings are growing on me.
JJ's storyline continues to bore me. Eve and Mary Beth are obnoxious.
I'm loving Aiden and Hope. But wasn't Maggie supposed to ask him a lot about his past and then get chewed out?

Sami to Chad: "Where you thinking about my kids when you were trying to destroy EJ?" The Hypocrisy stinks here. Really really Sami, did you think about your children when you set out to destroy EJ for cleaning Abigail in the shower? Boy EJ and Sami truly deserved each other, they never claims responsibility for their short comings.

Clyde is still sending the "Rapist" vibe therefore I will continue to stand by my belief that Ben is Jordan and Clyde's child from rape.

Paide is as boring and interesting as ever.

Miguel is already dead wow Clyde works faster than Stefano

Totally agree with you on SAmi

I feel no sympathy for SAmi. When SAmi lost Grace , I cried right along with her but these scenes with Ej's death have done nothing for me , if anything I have just laughed because I find the acting a little over the top. Even today when she talked to Johnny I just have to shake my head. Then going aboard of Chad about how him and his father have treated EJ, I was just thinking SAmi take a long look at yourself in the mirror

Chad and Jordan, Kate & Clyde...the pairings are growing on me.
Kate and Clyde -- what a pair. They can sit at Club TBD and compare notes on all the misery they've caused their respective children. Clyde could entertain Kate with tales of the people he's ordered killed (watch your back, Miguel) while Kate recalls her adventures with poisoned brownies. Of the two, however, Clyde is clearly the more odious, having mistreated under-aged children, something that even EJ never did. As far as I'm concerned, the sooner Roman, Rafe, or Stefano sees through Clyde's attempts to hide his role in the EJ murder the better. Meanwhile, there's Eve. This woman seriously needs to get a life and get a grip. She's wasting for too much time in a doomed attempt to disrupt the relationship between two college freshmen.

EJ did mistreat his underaged kids. For one, he was behind the Sydnapping, leading the poor girl to be removed from the family she knew and loved, and that loved her. Secondly, he forced Sami to tell Sydney and Johnny that she didn't love them or want them anymore, and removed them from the family they loved (and that loved them) as well. Psychologically-damaging.

And did Sami think at all about her children when she decided to go on the run with "the father of 2 of her children". It meant that those kids therefore did not have either parent around. But, yes, Sami is still in "hit back" mode.

Thanks Harley.

I'm glad you mentioned the text. I had to rewind it to see what
it said, but I didn't realize he sent it. I thought he got one. Makes
sense now since Kate got one.

It didn't take long for Miguel to end up like EJ.

I enjoyed Sami with Johnny and Chad.

I was hoping to see Maggie and Aiden eating their lunch.

Jordan is ready for Halloween with her orange and black clothes.

I hope Hope alerted the school Ciara was with her. Otherwise, the
school, will be sending out a search party. Will we find out tomorrow
why Ciara hates Aiden?

I wonder if Rafe will end EJ's murder investigation with the
death of the druggie. He said yesterday he thought it was
strange no footprints or DNA.

Today and yesterday gave me the Chad I'm interested in seeing showing some depth and humanity. I was sooo tired of the attitude with legs. Yes let him have an edge that's fine but IMO it had quickly become boring and one note when that was all we were seeing.

I was moved during the scenes with Sami and Johnny the poor kid. But I was reminded of something that's been bothering me does it seem jarring to anybody else that Allie and Johnny are supposed to be twins but Allie seems so much older? At first I thought maybe it could have just been a case of the girl who plays Allie having a growth spurt and therefore was quite a bit taller then Johnny as happens sometimes. But she seems to be written as older I mean Johnny still refers to his parents as "mommy and daddy" which I associate more with kids who are four and five where usually once kids hit school age they shorten it to "mom and dad.
Then you have Allie in a vlog to Will and Sonny referring to a boy she met at camp as "awesome sauce." It's a nitpick I know but it kind of bugs me. LOL

I absolutely loved the scenes between Daniel and JJ. I especially liked the way Daniel described Jack, which was right on point, and I think that JJ made the connection himself that just like his father, he worked on turning himself around. :love::love::love::love::love::love: I thought Eve's snark that Daniel "knows nothing about human nature" was especially ironic right after those scenes. Also, I didn't see much difference between the way Eve flirted with Daniel when she saw him and the way Kristen keeps trying to flirt with him. In fact, I thought she was Kristen for a second there. And I wonder who texted Daniel towards the end of today's show???

I also loved the scenes with Hope and Ciara, though I hope someone told Ciara's teacher where she was!

I'm liking Paige better these days, since she decided to grow a backbone and stand up to her mom and to Mary Beth instead of listening to everything anyone had to say about JJ. It did look like she skipped her class to tell JJ she wants to have sex, though, which I don't like so much. I'm also glad she sneaked in that PSA about how responsible people get birth control so that they'll be ready should they decide to have sex. Too bad nobody else in Salem seems to know that. (Also I thought it was stupid that Mary Beth was all, "OH MY GOD YOU HAVE BIRTH CONTROL!!!" Did she really think it would be better for Paige to have sex with JJ without using it?)

The scenes with Sami and Johnny got me today. I also thought, if Johnny finds out what his dad was really like when he grows up, he might have a similar reaction to what JJ had last year. Anyway kudos to whichever twin was playing him in today's scenes. I found his performance very moving.

I like seeing Chad's softer side and hope we see more of it.

I wasn't sure Rafe believes that this junkie really did it. He kept saying things like "This lead fell into our lap" and "apparently this is what happened" that made me think he had his doubts. I also wondered what will happen if Sami ever finds out that Kate brought the man responsible for EJ's death to Salem.

Ben couldn't be Jordan's son with Clyde. Ben witnessed his and Jordan's biological mother being beaten up all the time by Clyde as well as Ben and likely Jordan were being hit too. Ben and Jordan aren't far apart in age.

The actress playing Eve is only 6 years younger than the actor who plays her father, Shane. Similarly, I believe there is only a 13 year age difference between Lauren Koslow(Kate) and Bryan Dattilo(Lucas). Even a smaller age difference with Patrick Muldoon(Austin). So age means nothing on soaps.

EJ did mistreat his underaged kids. For one, he was behind the Sydnapping, leading the poor girl to be removed from the family she knew and loved, and that loved her. Secondly, he forced Sami to tell Sydney and Johnny that she didn't love them or want them anymore, and removed them from the family they loved (and that loved them) as well. Psychologically-damaging.
I was thinking of direct physical abuse of a type that still has the adult Jordan and Ben traumatized, but your point is well taken. Speaking of perpetrators of psychological abuse, a good candidate is Eve who conjured up a particularly nasty plot against her daughter's boyfriend, one that was sure to cause them both considerable emotional upset. Finally, Chad shouldn't look too closely at that urn, which he thinks contains EJ's ashes. Imagine if he tips it to one side and sees a label on the bottom that says: "Salem Pet Cremation Services." (After all, Stefano had to get those ashes from somewhere.)

Back