Days of Our Lives- Thursday, 8/13/15

missharleyquinn

Reaction score
Daniel & Nicole are discussing Caroline. Nicole hates she's had a stroke, glad she's going to be okay, but why did Serena, of all people, have to find her? Daniel tries to explain that it's a good thing Serena knew what to do, doesn't matter that she was the one to find Caroline, what matters is that Caroline is okay. Daniel tells her she has every right to be suspicious of Serena. Nicole goes on, Eric was over Serena, she was leaving town... Nicole is worried about Eric having to deal with all of it. Daniel tells her it isn't their business, it's Eric's, and he is a big boy who can handle it. Nicole accepts that, they start to kiss, only to be interrupted by a knock. Daniel is willing to ignore it, but Nicole urges him to answer as it might be Chloe.

Daniel opens the door to find Jennifer. Awkward looks exchanged all around. Jennifer guesses she should have called first. She has brought them an engagement gift. Nicole and Daniel both say it means a lot to them coming from her. Jennifer also tells them about Abigail's engagement, Daniel extends congratulations and Jennifer tells him she will be at work, he should tell her himself. Now might be a good time. He gets the hint, she wants to talk to Nicole privately. Daniel exits, Nicole insists Jennifer didn't have to get them a gift. She wanted to. Nicole points out that Jennifer and Daniel were together for a long time, Jennifer had strong feelings for him. Jennifer says that's why she came... She still does. She explains to Nicole that Daniel is still a very dear friend and she wants what is best for him. They talk about life, keeping "even keel", nice scenes here. Maybe someday they'll be friends, real friends.

At TBD, Eric (who is with Serena) gets a call from Brady; business meeting was cancelled, he wants to meet up. Eric tells him to hold off, he will meet him at the Pub once he "gets this out of the way." Serena says, "is that what this is? Get me out of the way?" Serena thought when Eric mentioned "seeing things differently" he was talking about them. He tells her he will never forget what she did for Caroline, tells her not to downplay that. She goes on about getting involved with Xander, making mistakes, but she isn't a monster. She goes on about her feelings for Eric, who tells her it's over. She wants to know if it's Nicole, Eric mentions something from priesthood and says Nicole and Daniel are happy and he wants everyone to be at peace. Eric leaves, has to talk to Brady. Hugs Serena goodbye, she is crying. Daniel enters the club, Serena explains it all away. He wants to know why she's telling him all this, she says she needs a favor. She wants to have a cordial relationship with everyone if she stays, will Daniel keep quiet about what she did? Recording Eric? He agrees, now has to go to the hospital. Nicole walks in just in time to see Serena throw her arms around Daniel joyfully.

Xander is in the greenhouse, mumbling angrily about watering flowers. We see a note, handwritten. It's from Victor: "These pots should have stones in the bottom for drainage. Re-pot every one of them and DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME! Your loving Uncle Victor". Xander crushes the note after reading it and throws a pot at the wall. Clearly, he's not liking the gardening job. He throws some more stuff, talking to himself about revenge being " a dish best served cold ".

Theresa is on the phone with "Evie" letting her know the jig is up on the broken ankle and Eve won't have to lie for her anymore. Eve offers to let Theresa move in with her, but Theresa assures her it isn't necessary, as she's staying in the mansion anyway. Brady hasn't forgiven her yet, but he will. They discuss Caroline for a second, soon shift back to Brady. Theresa assures her, it'll take baby steps, but she will get him to come around. She quickly whispers she has to go, as Brady walks into the room. He tells her the meeting was cancelled, she sweetly says she wanted to discuss Tate's schedule. Brady snaps, "did you not hear a word I said yesterday?!" She did, but Brady stresses she is to voice her concerns to the nanny, who will relay them to him. He continues on about how he doesn't want her there, but doesn't trust her.

Kate is calling Rafe out on his feelings for Hope. Rafe is a little annoyed, says she's only saying this because he called her out on hooking up with Clyde, so she felt the need to come back with some ridiculous accusation. It's an observation, and it isn't ridiculous, she says. Rafe stresses Hope is happy with Aiden, Kate says she knows, but she knows Hope is overlooking the former partner over. Rafe still doesn't want to hear it, but Kate says she and Rafe know each other too well not to have this conversation. She sees Rafe pining for Hope. They trade jabs, both insisting the other is wrong. Clyde shows up wanting to know what's going on. Rafe leaves. Kate tells Clyde they were talking about Gabi. The two of them are tense. He feels Kate has been avoiding him.

Hope is with Abe, doesn't want to beat around the bush. She wants to use department resources to investigate Clyde. I feel the need to point out, they're conducting this police business in the middle of the hospital. Abe wants to know why, does she have a reason, or is this because she doesn't like the guy? Without probable cause, nothing Hope gets on Weston is admissible in court, but she can keep an ear to the ground.

Clyde is in Aiden's office, feet on the desk. He wants to know exactly what it was that made Aiden dump him. Aiden is under no legal obligation to divulge, Clyde says he's going all legal and professional, spouting all this stuff that doesn't amount to nothing. Aiden assures him attorney/client privilege still stands. Clyde says what troubles him is "that's a load of bull." Aiden hasn't done anything to breach their contract, and Clyde hasn't done anything to force him to do that. He tells Clyde to look it up online, the forcing a breach. Clyde is disappointed they won't be working together anymore, et cetera. Seems to be making veiled threats.

Hope goes to Aiden's office, flirting, kissing, interrupted by a call. Hope spies Clyde's file on the desk. Hope will let Aiden get back to work. She leaves, Aiden picks up Clyde's file and begins typing. As he's leaving, the phone rings. "I certainly can't take that now," he says, and ignores.

In HTS, Jennifer has run into Mr. Satterfield, who doesn't like this PR campaign. They tell each other off, neither backing down.

Theresa steps outside, to find Xander shirtless. He tries to be appealing, she tells him to put a shirt on.

Eric and Brady are discussing Theresa, how Brady will never trust her. Eric explains how people can change, he thinks Theresa could, for Tate.

In the park, Theresa and Eve are sitting with Tate, discussing Brady, then Xander. Eve asks if she's scared having Xander living there. Theresa gets an idea. She's going to use Brady's hatred of Xander to her advantage.

Jen and Eric are in the Pub, discussing Satterfield, Caroline, Serena. Eric is grateful to Serena, in spite of everything.

Rafe flashes back to his conversation with Kate, as he sees Hope across the square.

A few comments about assorted characters: 1) Kate -- she's case of misplaced priorities -- Ms. Blue Chunk is in a relationship with a dangerous criminal and she's worried about Rafe's love life?; 2) Bluebird -- if she stays in Salem, she should keep a very low profile. Even if she saved Salem from the bubonic plague, she'd still be a pariah; 3) Victor & Brady -- don't provoke Xander, just let him muck in the dirt. The guy's dangerous; 4) Jeannie T. -- she told a Salem hunk to put a shirt on. This has to be a first; 5) Aiden -- he should quit messing with crazy Clyde. Any information that he learns, which is derived from a privileged document, would be inadmissible in court.

Last edited:
I wonder if Hope is going to try to sneak a look at that file. The look on her face when she was leaving Aiden's office made me think she might.

And Kate seemed to be trying to blow Clyde off. He called her out on it, she denied, but I think she's trying to let him down gently.

Last edited:
True, but he put the file in his briefcase. ???
Theresa.......give it up. Go back to your apartment. Brady has your number, and is not going to get sucked back in by your little schemes any longer. Alas, Theresa never learns a lesson from any of her failed plots.
So now Clyde has taken to menacing his own lady friend??? My, my.
And stupid Eve is going to try and use Satterfield to "get" Jen??? Another one whose every scheme has come to naught, but that doesn't stop her from continuing to plot something stupid.

Thank you, Harley........

They're just trying to give Eve something to do, and Theresa had to remind her that Paige hates her guts. Stupid plot point, in my opinion, but I am kinda glad Satterfield is someone we actually get to see and not just hear about.

Also, I imagine Aiden taking the file with him would give Hope easier access. Since he's no longer representing Clyde, the file should either be filed away under lock & key or its contents shredded, I think??

Thank you Harley for the summary.

I laughed when Theresa told Xander put his shirt on.

Poor Tater Tot. He's crying in his stroller and Theresa doesn't
do anything.

Interesting to see Jen bring Nicole and Daniel an engagement present.

I wonder who called Aiden at the end of the show. I wonder if he's
trying to get information about Clyde too.

I like the dresses the women wore today.

Oh, my gosh, I thought the same thing! Good observation, Harley.
I truly hope Brady NEVER backs down, or falls for anything Theresa does.

Not liking this drawn out Eric/Serena thing. Overdone. How does that song go....."50 ways to leave your lover"? Wish Serena would just do one of them, and like YESTERDAY!

I wonder if Hope is going to try to sneak a look at that file. The look on her face when she was leaving Aiden's office made me think she might.

And Kate seemed to be trying to blow Clyde off. He called her out on it, she denied, but I think she's trying to let him down gently.
Kate really gets on my nerves and she used to be one of my favorite characters! She brought Clyde to Salem so now she must suffer the consequences! And Hope is meddling where she does not need to be! Clyde will get his in due time!

Serena really annoys me. I love the actress, I wish she'd gotten a better role. This character is very one-note.
Serena is a big whine baby and needs to just leave town! I have never cared for her!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the show today. It was OK. I'm glad that everyone was dressed well, and also absolutely loved the scenes with Jennifer & Nicole/Daniel, with her and Eric, and her and Satterfield. It's nice that we get to see this.

Everything else I found to be bland filler. The Hope/Aiden/Clyde thing has been dragged on for too long, and neither one are cooperating on this investigation. Furthermore, Kate's conversations with Rafe are soon tedious, but she had a point about him having such unsuccessful relationships. Shame on the writers for that. Furthermore, shame on them with Daniel's double standards. If Nicole kept that Serena secret, he never would've let her hear the end of it. But it's ok for him to? What crap! And Serena is such a bore, why is she hogging up airtime? Just like Theresa, Xander, and Eve.

Poor Tater Tot. He's crying in his stroller and Theresa doesn't
do anything.

It seems sound effects is using a recording of an actual crying baby, unlike the phony adult squall they used for Ari. :)

I hope Paige gets some airtime, soon! :rolleyes:

The sound people need to pay more attention to Serena and Xander's microphones; I had the TV volume turned waay up in an effort to hear them. :confused:

LOL, which is why many of us turn on the CC in order to know what is being said. Some actors "swallow" their dialogue, so a closer mike would not help.

Background chatter - did anyone notice the background chatter today - at the pub, at Mandalay and at TBD, there was background chatter like people were supposed to be talking in the background - you know others were around - we have seen them in the past but never heard them, so today we hear this "chatter" except it was the same background for each scene.

Back