Days of Our Lives - Thursday, Jan 29th, 2009

I think Nicole is genuinely concerned about Mia's baby. She is focused on EJ's baby never calling her Sami's baby. Nicole really wants what is best for EJ (in her mind) and that is his own child. I think she bonded with Mia's baby and cares about that baby but Sami's baby is going to be better for EJ. Her saying that they were going to be a happy family sounded "forced" like she's not 100% sure this baby switch is the right thing. Not that it's going to stop her of course.

As much as I don't like what Nicole is doing, I don't think she thinks she is doing a bad thing. She is playing God and trying to make everything be what she thinks is best.

That is the trouble with controlling people. They think only THEY know what is best...for everyone and anyone. Kate, Stefano, Nicole....all cut from the same cloth.

I am really enjoying Dr. Baker. I loved the Casablanca line and also his line about how stupid the killer must be if Nicole was able to find Sami in the witness protection program. And I enjoy the expressions he gets on his face. I'm very entertained by him.

I am really enjoying Dr. Baker. I loved the Casablanca line and also his line about how stupid the killer must be if Nicole was able to find Sami in the witness protection program. And I enjoy the expressions he gets on his face. I'm very entertained by him.

He is better tomorrow.

When was this episode taped, because in Ali's blog she had the baby (Megan) on January 12.

I thought Dr. Baker was really funny today! Hopefully he is starting a trend. That was soo funny when Daniel told Kate to shut up. I just wish she would find out about him and Chloe and plot something against them or something.

Did anyone notice that Dr. Dan got a haircut too? If you blinked, you might have missed it, but he did look a tad bit neater.

Why would Maggie advise Chloe to take a leap of faith and marry Lucas? Lucas has been divorced what, four times? Chloe is in her 20s and has also been divorced. It sounds like they've taken their leaps of faith in the past and this time they need to consider the situation very seriously before jumping.

I don't blame Daniel for being fed up with Kate's nagging. She's acting like he's one of her sons.

Thanks for the summary, Barb.

kpatch, I did notice that Daniel was a little cleaner cut today. And I almost--almost nearly, but not quite hardly--felt sorry for him with Kate nagging at him the way she was. LOL. But regardless of how much he cleans himself up, I declare, his morbid moping around drives me up the wall. He acts like he is such a tortured soul, when he talks, he sounds like he is hyperventilating or has COPD and can't get his breath. He makes me wish somebody would put him out of his misery like they would a terminally wounded animal.

When was this episode taped, because in Ali's blog she had the baby (Megan) on January 12.
This episode was taped on 12/19

Please understand that ALL of Sami's scenes were filmed last oct/Nov and inserted into various shows.

He is pretty unhappy looking isn't he....I never thought about it much before. Maybe he is searching for happiness and just can't seem to find it.

Me too!! And ever since I read the interview with Ari, where she said how he makes her laugh so much when they are getting ready to do their scenes, I am amused by him even more. Can't wait to see what DJM is talking about in tomorrow's show.

OK, color me peeved....!!! Here I've been complaining about the killer calling Sami derogatory names non-stop and Maggie uses the b word to describe a female in her little parable to Chloe....now I realize what context Maggie was using it and she was not insulting Chloe, BUT, I DON'T LIKE IT ....Lucas was a jerk but Chloe was the B word...is that right...??? I know, I know, I'm probably overreacting but that just burns me....Maggie...!!! Maggie...!!?? Boy I'm really piqued...!!!!

As much as they use the B word I am already shuddering about the day they start replacing it with the C word.

I like the b word better I just think of a cute female dog.

lol, that's funny. I've noticed that the b word has become pretty mainstream these days on tv.

Thanks for the write up Barb. It sounds like I missed a good show. :-(

He is pretty unhappy looking isn't he....I never thought about it much before. Maybe he is searching for happiness and just can't seem to find it.

Plus he is always drinking. Will he also become an alcoholic?

I also enjoy Dr. Baker. I remember John Callahan from years ago. Didn't he used to be on "As the Worlds Turns"?
This "witness protection program" is the biggest joke!

lol, that's funny. I've noticed that the b word has become pretty mainstream these days on tv..............(

That's what upsets me about it....it has become mainstream, common, acceptable...a term that is solely derogatory against females....!!! It is certainly not acceptable to use any word or words that are pointedly derogatory against blacks, or Jews, or any other minority or ethnic background, or men....but it is perfectly fine to use a word that is pointedly derogatory against females....just makes me mad..................AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........!! :rant:

Back