Days of Our Lives - Thursday, October 5, 2023

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
Replay of Susan entering the DiMansion, hugging EJ as Harris and Ava look on. EJ has so many questions, never believed she was alive. Harris whispered to Ava that they need to get the confession they promised Rafe. Ava (who is wearing a wire) asks Susan to help them out. Susan tells EJ to confess his sins and beg Ava for forgiveness right now. He needs to call off the assassin.

EJ has a flashback to hiring the goon, remembers he has a critical business meeting, will soon be back. Ava is upset, they must go tell Rafe the bad news. Susan returns and offers to have cook make them fried bologna sandwiches, but they're not hungry. Ava makes a heartfelt apology to Susan, who forgives her. She thinks she's headed for Bayview.

Chloe tells Philip that what she had with Xander is over, he isn't coming with her. She can't remain with the Spectator. Nothing's keeping her here, they feel bad. Chloe says she needs time to process everything with her family in New York, realize what is coming next, she wanted to inform Philip. Chloe rambles about how Philip isn't obsessive and she's proud of him for all this work he has done, reconnecting with him has been great, they'll miss each other.

Talk shifts to Vivian, Alex, Maggie, and everything that happened. They tearfully hug and Chloe asks if he wants to figure things out in New York? She isn't totally ready to move on after ending her engagement to Xander. Philip says he is better now. She would be very happy if he joined her, and he agrees. Later, Chloe is alone on the phone. Needs to meet Nicole for lunch with some big news, just not at the pub.

Sarah's hoping that Victoria naps so she can rest, but someone knocks on the door. Kate shows up angry that she dragged Rex into this mess with Xander, now he has a target on his back. Kate rips into her for using Rex. Sarah says she doesn't want Rex dead. The conversation continues but Sarah tells Kate this paternity switch thing was all Rex's idea.

Sarah recaps Bonnie's visit and everything that happened. Kate says she could've come clean instead of taking advantage of Rex's feelings. Sarah says Rex always knew how she felt. Kate rips into Sarah more for using Rex, tells her that she's a calculating manipulator and will answer to her if she hurts Rex, then leaves.

Philip meets Kate in the pub. They value quality time together but Philip says they aren't going to be having so much of it going forward.

Marlena is finishing paperwork as a knock sounds. Susan comes in. Marlena can't believe it. They embrace. Susan recaps everything for Marlena. They wonder who kidnapped Susan to begin with and brought her to Edmund? At the police station, Ava walks in saying Rafe was busy, but stops upon seeing Harris in a tank top, removing the wire.

Harris asks Ava to help him remove it. As she does, their hands touch. He wishes they could've gotten the confession, but at least Susan being alive should help. Harris says they've been through a lot together, wants to go back to Bayview with her. Even if Marlena doesn't send him back, he needs someone to watch his back. Ava says it's a very nice back.

Rex and Xander are arguing about how Xander didn't text him. Now they start arguing over the baby's paternity. Rex says the courts will side with him, it's over. Xander says he will never move on. Rex must divorce Sarah and give up custody. Xander would never hurt his child. Rex is a different story.

The goon knocks out Rex and points his gun at Xander, threatening to kill him. The goon wastes time telling Xander his plan. Xander begs him not to, he can pay him, has been in his shoes before. The man says he loves his job, it isn't about the cash. Xander realizes he was hired as EJ bursts in. Xander asks if EJ came to see if the job was done right? EJ tells the goon to put the gun away. The goon is reluctant but eventually agrees when EJ says he'll pay him anyway.

Once the goon leaves, EJ fesses up but says Susan is still alive. Xander is grateful, then starts calling Rafe to tell him that EJ tried having him killed. EJ reminds Xander that his mother saw the face of her kidnapper. She'll put Xander away if he lets Rafe arrest EJ. Does he really want to fight for custody of his daughter from behind the bars at Statesville?

Xander hangs up. EJ reminds him that he never saw the thug and goes to leave. He will talk to Susan about keeping her mouth shut. Rex wakes up, thinks Xander hired the thug. Xander denies this. Rex knows he did this because that's who he is, then tells Xander to stay away from his family and leaves.

EJ returns home, calling out for the missing Susan. He knows she is here because the smell of mayo and bologna. Susan walks in and says she visited Marlena. They chit-chat, she asks if EJ was behaving while she was gone but he admits behaving isn't so fun, and hugs her. Elsewhere, Xander makes a phone call, saying his case has improved since Susan is alive. He is suing for full-custody of his daughter. Meanwhile, Rex returns home ready to tell Sarah about the encounter with Xander, as Sarah tearfully says she has news. She wants a divorce.

Gotta say....Stacy Haiduk really does a bang up job portraying Susan Banks

Seems the show is having several characters exiting, thus reducing the too large cast......Philip, Chloe, Ava, Harris, while others get long stretches between appearances.....like John, Steve, Kayla........

Rex is so insistent with not a court would give Xander custody. Umm Kristen? Rex's mother does love to run his life.

Wow, Body & Soul got a mention. It's been weeks!

Dang, EJ got to Xander's pretty darn quick! Really, Xander you thought it was a good idea to just tell EJ you're calling the cops? And Xander was on hold a long time.

Well done, DaysD!

I didn't think that thug was going to listen to his "boss."

I think the closest I ever had to fried bologna was salami and eggs, which is served like an omelet. I actually liked it back in the day, but have not eaten processed luncheon meats in years. However, agree that the fried peanut butter and banana sandwich was, indeed, Elvis' favorite. Maybe they ran out of peanut butter and bananas.

Also agree that Stacy Haiduk is fanastic as Susan. I actually think she is also great as Kristen. While I still miss Eileen Davidson as Kristen/Susan, Stacy has made these characters her own since she joined the cast in 2018.

Kate was certainly "Mama Bear" today. I think things will get quite "grizzly" once the divorce is set in motion. Will Rex make it easy for Sarah? And will this divorce, after such a short marriage, affect the custody hearing? Although Xander is single, too, and he has a criminal past. Shades of Kristen and Brady. Maybe they should SORAS Victoria so she can play with Rachel. Make her a brat, too!

Ava obviously has the hots for Harris, and this we knew would happen. I never saw them on GH, but I think they do have chemistry.

The burning question of the day is: Will Philip get a haircut and a shave in NYC? We won't see him, but we can dream, can't we?

That sounds good, oldschool.

I like turkey bologna, too, but have not had that in years, either. Also a childhood favorite: liverwurst with swiss cheese.

Remember peanut butter with Marshmallow Fluff? So unhealthy, but it was so good. I don't think I could ever eat that again, though. Tastes change.

Such memories!

I'm surprised she didn't have cook make fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, which were a favorite of Elvis Presley.
Especially if Roger ate these sandwiches as part of his impersonation of the King.
Rex is so insistent with not a court would give Xander custody. Umm Kristen?
With clueless judges on the bench like Rose Duncan and Damon Thorpe anything is possible.

All those people who love to trash Xander probably wouldn’t be able to face up to a hired killer the way he did.

EJ’s hired killer may be a total lowlife, but at least he shut up big mouth Rexy for a while.

Chloe leaving Xander because of Sarah and Baby Victoria makes little sense. By the same logic, Brady will never find true love because he has a child with Jeannie T.

Finally, loud-mouth Sarah better watch her step. She might get away messing with baby daddy Xander and manipulating clueless Rexy, but if she crosses Kate, she could be in for a world of hurt.

As of now, there isn't anything about Ava or Harris leaving the show. We'll probably have to see them in Bayview again.
I'm so excited.

Thanks, DaysD.

Was Xander calling Rafe or the police? It seemed like a long time that EJ and Xander talked without anyone answering
the phone.

Rex thinks Xander had someone hit him on the head. Will this cause problems for Xander trying to get custody of Victoria?

Sarah told Rex she wants a divorce. Is there a reason why they can't get an annulment?

How long will this Salem day last if Chloe and Philip have to tell people goodbye before they go? I'm assuming it will be
the same day because Chloe has nowhere to sleep unless she goes to the Salem Inn.

Bet Xander was talking to Sloan........since he talked of suing for full custody.

Also think we will see folks we have not seen in some time, which will use up a few days, then Phil & Chloe can go to NY

I know that Re-Ron just loved to toss the viewers some campy bones when it comes to guest stars and other cast members, but, does he not care that many people never saw the shows he is winking at and don't care about those characters? (And, I do know that answer.) Jackee Harry (Paulina) on 227, Ava and Harris falling in love, since they were on another soap I never saw, etc. So, even though we haven't seen Abe, that means we also haven't seen Paulina, so I am fine with that.

Back