Days Of Our Lives - Tue., Aug. 11, 2015

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Maggie is at Daniel's apartment with Nicole. Maggie tells Nicole about Xander. She already knows. Daniel is not happy. Maggie justifies Victor’s actions while Nicole is worried Daniel will take matters into his own hands. Maggie says it’s good he is with Victor. She now wants to discuss engagement party dates. Nicole says she doesn’t have to do that but Maggie insists. Nicole now asks Maggie to tolerate her. Conversation turns to Jennifer and Nicole is aware of everything she did to Daniel and Jennifer. She knows Maggie was hoping Daniel and Jennifer would end up together. Maggie can understand everything Nicole did due to her unbearable pain and losing her way. Nicole is crying and asks Maggie if they are friends. Maggie says no they are family. Hugs. Maggie gets a text from Daniel about Caroline.

Daniel is at the KMansion yelling at Victor about Xander. Victor tells him to grow up LOL. Victor insists he knows Xander isn’t innocent and will pay while Daniel insists there is more to it. Victor gets the call about Caroline. They head to the hospital.

Roman is with Caroline. In comes crying Hope with Aiden. Kayla comes in. Caroline is awake, cracking jokes. Kayla is running tests on Caroline. Cute scene. She tells everyone to leave so Caroline can rest. Roman kisses her and goes to call Will and Sami (NO MENTION OF CARRIE). Hope tells Caroline not to do it again. Hope hugs Caroline while Aiden watches.

Repeat of Kayla telling Eric about Serena. Kayla thanks Serena and leaves. Serena goes to leave and Eric stops her. She gives him the letter. Serena is having her own pity party. Eric asks her if she really wants to go. Daniel convinced her to leave town. He was nice to her! Eric says people just need time to settle down, she doesn’t have to leave. She can’t stand to see Eric hate her. Asks if what she did for Caroline really changes anything? Eric reads the letter. Serena keeps bringing up the past while Eric is thankful she saved Caroline. He tells her that she can’t ruin her career because of how he feels. She asks if he is asking her to stay and he leaves to go see Caroline.

Distraught Abigail is entering the Horton home. JJ comes up behind her. She is crying. Jen is inside flashing back to JJ telling her about his new job. JJ asks Abigail why she is crying and then sees her ring. He is excited she is engaged. Abigail is overwhelmed. Jennifer opens the door and is concerned. JJ says it’s not about him for once LOL. Abigail tells Jennifer and she is shocked but happy too. JJ has to prod her to hug Abigail. Jennifer now wants to start planning the wedding, asks how much time they have. Abigail is down again. Jennifer pushes and Abigail tells them she is pregnant. Side Note: These scenes are worth watching just for the facial expressions. Jen now asks Abigail is she is happy about the baby and asks how long she has known. Abigail is happy and tells Jen she’s known for a little while. Jennifer thinks she is young and is getting married because of the baby. Abigail denies it. Then apologizes for not telling Jennifer sooner. Jennifer says it’s ok—she needed to process everything. Then tells Abigail she needs to live her own life but she is always going to be her little girl even though she is all grown up. Jennifer now wants to feed Abigail, saying she is weepy because she is hungry. Jennifer goes to the kitchen. JJ asks Abigail if this is really what she wants. He is calling her bluff about the crying and waiting so long to say something. Tells her she can confide in him. He asks if she would have said yes if she weren’t pregnant and she says of course. Jennifer is now back with food. Tells Abigail she and JJ will spoil the baby rotten and that she and Ben will be wonderful parents. She and JJ will help. Abigail cries happy tears. Group hug!

Clyde is happy for Ben but Ben isn’t happy. He tells Clyde Abigail is pregnant. Clyde says that is great Ben says the baby is Chad Dimera’s. Clyde says she is not having Chad’s baby and Ben asks how the hell he knows that. Asks him if he is God. She slept with Chad 8 weeks ago and is now 8 weeks pregnant. Ben very angrily says he is a solution to a big fat problem as she just wants to cover up what she did. Clyde insists it is because Ben is the father. Ben tells Clyde she is a Horton and has to do respectable things. Chad told her he slept with Abigail to avenge his brother. Clyde asks Ben if he doubts Abigail’s love for him and he says no. But Ben is concerned Chad won’t go away if he thinks Abigail is carrying his child. Clyde asks why would Abigail tell him she was pregnant if it wasn’t his baby. He leaves.

Hope and Aiden are now alone at the nurse’s station. Hope is talking about how much she loves the Brady family. She and Ciara have the Bradys. She says that it helped lessen the blow to Ciara when Bo left. They are next at Club TBD kissing and Clyde interrupts. Ben is there too. Hope says she will leave and Clyde tells Hope that Aiden no longer represents Clyde and Ben. Aiden says this isn’t the time or place. Clyde agrees. He then hints at the other news they will find out soon enough.

Victor is now with Caroline. Both are smiling. Very quick scene.

Kayla is now propping Serena to Daniel at the nurse’s station. Next scene Victor, Kayla, Daniel and Eric are outside Caroline’s room. Daniel asks Victor if he had been crying and is response is to say that sometimes he thinks Daniel deserves to be with an expletive like Nicole. NOBODY DEFENDS HER! Kayla goes to check on Caroline. Victor sees Serena and asks if she was the one who saved Caroline. Victor tells Serena he has heard a lot about her mostly bad. Serena says she heard the same. Daniel interrupts and is followed by Maggie who tells Victor she got his text and Victor says Caroline is ok. They leave.

Daniel is telling Serena that Victor isn’t the only one who is grateful. Serena is going to decide tomorrow about leaving. But she tells Daniel she still wants to talk to him. Daniel then goes to Maggie and Victor telling them he is calling parker to wish him good night. He tells Victor they will continue later.

Eric goes to see Caroline and then tells Serena that Caroline wants to see her. Next scene they are with Caroline and she thanks Serena. Caroline asks what she wants as a thank you and Serena quickly looks at Eric and tells her to get rest. Serena leaves and Eric follows her outside. He wants to talk to her before she makes her decision. Serena says her helping Caroline was God working in his mysterious way. Eric says they will talk tomorrow and goes back to Caroline.

Daniel and Nicole are now drinking red wine on the couch. Nicole says it’s no longer her against the world. Daniel is keeping an eye on Xander and Victor. Nicole defends Victor saying he is trying to defend his family. Daniel wants to concentrate on what’s really important which is her. They kiss. Nicole asks if Caroline will be ok. Daniel says yes and Daniel tells Nicole that Serena was with her when she had the stroke. He goes to check on Parker but he is happy Nicole and Maggie talked. Note he says Maggie and not “my mom”. Nicole says Serena will milk this for all it’s worth.

Maggie and Victor are at the KMansion. Victor was quiet on the way home. He asks Maggie to promise she will stick around for a long time. She asks him the same thing. They kiss.

Clyde and Ben are outside Club TBD again. Clyde has a feeling it’s a boy. Jokes they should name him Clyde Weston II. He tells Ben to get drunk or at least buy the whole bar drinks. Ben is still upset. Hugs.

After Clyde and Ben leave, Hope asks Aiden if there are really no hard feelings. She is upset Aiden didn’t tell her he dropped Clyde as a client. Aiden brings up attorney-client privilege. Aiden goes to the bar and the camera zooms in on you guessed it, the Bicentennial Flyer which is now poster size and on an easel at Club TBD!

My Thoughts:

Another very choppy episode with lots of small scenes. I sense edits. The Jennifer/JJ/Abigail and Hope/Aiden scenes are worth watching. The former because they are fun and the latter because I think the info discussed will be relevant later on.

I now think Ben's temper will get the best of him or Clyde will. Which will happen first?

If I weren't doing the summary, I would NOT have watched the Nicole scenes. More of her begging for acceptance from the self-righteous egg family. No thanks. Let's hope that her not trusting Serena helps her figure out her true feelings are for Eric.

Daniel did NOT need to be at the hospital!!!! Kayla was treating Caroline and Daniel didn't even visit her. Yet we saw Roman for only 2 minutes. Unreal.

Lots of hugs in Salem today.
:hug:

I was just discussing this with some other people.

Every time a bicentennial flyer is shown, Hope is either holding a flyer or she's near one. I think that whatever happens during that celebration is going to center around Hope.

:OT: Like I said I was talking about his on twitter with some friends and one of my followers who's a fan of Hope and Aiden didn't like my speculation TOLD me to STOP, that they hated Bo and loved Aiden. I was like "Well...I've never!" :rotfl::back:

All Serena had to do was call an ambulance and stay with Caroline and everyone who shunned her has forgiven her. All of the small good deeds Nicole's done before have never been rewarded like this.

Imagine a "Clyde" ornament on the Horton Christmas tree. That deserves a :eek: and a :rotfl:

I liked the Maggie/Nicole scenes. Abigail and her problems are no one's but her own. I'm tired of it already. The Caroline stuff was good. Don't get the significance of the Clyde/Aiden thing.

Gee, could it be anymore obvious that Abigail is NOT happy about getting married/being pregnant/baby not being Chad's?? If this was such a happy and joyous occasion, wouldn't Abby and Ben go to Jennifer and JJ together to tell them the happy news? And even go together to tell Clyde? I don't know it just seemed so odd them going their separate ways to tell their families. Yeah, I know, it's a soap and it's all about da plot. I liked the family scenes with Abby/JJ/Jennifer though. I wonder if it's sunk in yet that Jenny's gonna be a granny! LOL. :rotfl:

I actually liked the scenes between Nicole and Maggie. Like it or not Maggie is Daniel's mother and will be Nicole's mother-in-law assuming they make it down the aisle. I can understand Nicole being super emotional about things (although, I could have done without all the Jennifer talk). All she has ever wanted is love and acceptance and family.

Serena please just go to wherever it is you keep talking about going.

I really wish the prop dept would have actually taken the time to have a better flyer made for the bicentennial celebration. It seriously looks like a third grader put it together and even they could probably make it look nicer than that.

I can't believe Clyde told his son to go celebrate the news of Abby's pregnancy by going and getting drunk. :eek: What parent tells their child that?

I can understand Nicole being super emotional about things (although, I could have done without all the Jennifer talk). All she has ever wanted is love and acceptance and family.

I didn't like the apologizing for causing Jennifer such great distress either. Again, Nicole is getting everything she's always wanted - a man "who loves her", his family accepts her, and a child who she loves & who loves her. How long before she realizes it's all with the wrong man? At least I hope she realizes this because the alternative (for me at least) is painful.

Oh, I agree cryin. I hope she realizes Eric is the man she really loves and to add the cherry on top they really did have sex in the furnace resulting in (yet another) miracle baby. I think it would be a really great twist if it's even months down the line and it's one of those "I didn't know I was pregnant" kind of scenarios because to be honest I don't know if I can stand Nicole to be pregnant again and deal with all the strife and worry only for her to miscarry or have another stillborn child. No thanks.

I forgot to mention Ben and his weird self.

She slept with Chad 8 weeks ago and is now 8 weeks pregnant. Ben very angrily says he is a solution to a big fat problem as she just wants to cover up what she did. Clyde insists it is because Ben is the father. Ben tells Clyde she is a Horton and has to do respectable things.

If this is what Ben thinks of Abby, why is he with her and why did he propose to her? Is he marrying her simply because he's being pushed by Clyde? Is this all about not letting Chad have Abby? Is he staying with Abby to punish her because he knows she wants to be with Chad but will stay with him because it's the "respectable" choice?

It sure seems now that Abby doesn't love Ben at all which is a turnaround. I am a little creeped out by Ben how he has an app to check her location all the time. And now he thinks she'd lie about him being the dad because she did cheat on him. Yeah, sounds like the basis for a great marriage. I also imagine Chad is gonna have a lot to say when he finds out she is pregnant. I can only imagine that Chad is actually the father. Not sure the Westons have staying power in Salem like the Dimeras so a Dimera heir makes more sense. Unless they are gonna do to Abby what they always do to Nicole.

I hate how they are making her Saint Serena now for being there for Caroline. Serena is a horrible person. Just let her slither off into the sunset.

Daniel did NOT need to be at the hospital!!!! Kayla was treating Caroline and Daniel didn't even visit her. Yet we saw Roman for only 2 minutes. Unreal.
Sure he did. All cases are Daniel cases, even those being handled by other doctors. After all, he's the medical-miracle man. Just ask his egg-mommy.:sarcasm:
Imagine a "Clyde" ornament on the Horton Christmas tree.
If anyone tries to hang a "Clyde" ornament, it will probably hit the floor and break to pieces like the "Chloe" ornament.
Here's how the Abby/Jen/JJ scene should have went: Abby (to Jennifer): I'm pregnant.
Jennifer: :eek:
Jennifer (to JJ): Do you have any of those "special" doughnuts on hand?? I need one.
One would think that Jenny's reaction would be :eek:, but by now Jenny has probably gotten a little jaded considering that at various points she's: 1) heard that JJ was a drug dealer and a Town Square vandal. 2) saw JJ rolling between the sheets with Eve, and 3) discovered that her "perfect" daughter had showered with EJ. Finally, the Abigail-Ben engagement is one of the oddest in Salem history, which is saying a lot. She's clearly still infatuated with Chad, and he's unhappy because he thinks there's a very good chance that Chad, his biggest enemy, might be the father of Abigail's unborn child.

I'm beginning to think the only thing to save this poor little child from such a life is if his/her auntie would return in November and open a can of worms up for all to know. After all, Jordan and Abby worked together...I'm hoping that she'll help her with this situation also!

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Daniel.... Serena saved the day this time :)

Serena should be glad she was there to help Caroline... Now people like her.
But Nicole thinks Serena will use to her advantage. Will she?

Nice to see Victor visit Caroline.

Does Abby love Chad and is only marrying Ben because
he's the baby daddy? Only in Salem

Will someone please explain to me what exactly Serena and Daniel need to talk about tomorrow??? It's bad enough Eric wants to talk to her but when did she and Daniel have unfinished business? He told her to leave town and she agreed. Done and done.

I didn't like the apologizing for causing Jennifer such great distress either. Again, Nicole is getting everything she's always wanted - a man "who loves her", his family accepts her, and a child who she loves & who loves her. How long before she realizes it's all with the wrong man? At least I hope she realizes this because the alternative (for me at least) is painful.

I said this a few weeks ago too. It's a case of be careful what you wish for.

Correct me if I'm wrong and maybe this is explained by the screwy SALEM TIMELINE, but Ben was evesdropping on Abby and Chad and knew she slept with Chad then Ben bedded her the very same day/night. So why would he act so surprised and ask how far along she is?

Last edited:
Back