Days of Our Lives - Tues., 10/24/17

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Replay of Steve walking into the K-Mansion to out Bonnie. She finally admits it. Lots of shouting and threatening back and forth. Sheila leaves, says she has some toilets to clean. Bonnie eventually admits Adrienne is in Statesville. Steve, Kayla and Justin take off for the prison. Maggie goes off on Bonnie, who pushes her into a chair and runs away. Brady goes after her, but loses her. (Really? He's a young and fit guy and she's tottering around in high heels and a skin tight dress, and you LOSE her??)

Victor and Maggie talk about everything that just happened. Maggie's happy that Adrienne didn't dump Lucas, just wait until he finds out.

Bonnie secretly calls a cab while hiding in the park area (with a long black coat covering her dress and dark sunglasses). When she hangs up, Sheila comes up and says Bonnie's not going anywhere.

Eli and Gabi sit in Horton Town Square; she has a container of chocolate chip cookies. He has one and they talk, then Sheila comes up to him, saying she needs his help. He says he won't help her, even though she says he owes her. She tells Gabi to watch out, because he'll make a mess for her, too. Sheila leaves (then runs into Bonnie, above). Eli tells Gabi it's time to tell her how he knows Sheila.

Adrienne keeps trying to get to the phone, but other prisoners use it. She finally gets her chance and can't remember the number (not sure who she's trying to call). She finally calls Lucas, who is drunk and arguing with Sonny at Will's grave. She begs for his help, but he tells her to get lost. Sonny grabs the phone from Lucas and she says she needs his help, just as a guard comes in and pulls her away. He sees Hattie's phone card and says he's putting "Bonnie" in solitary again. Sonny keeps hitting redial on the number but doesn't get through. He then tries Adrienne's cell phone and Bonnie ignores it (then she calls the cab).

Adrienne screams and yells as the guard manhandles her, then Justin barges in, tells the guard to get off her. He says he's her lawyer, she's not going anywhere and to go talk to his boss about it, because Justin just did. Adrienne falls to the floor, sobbing. Justin runs over and they embrace. He tells her it's over. Steve and Kayla are with the warden. She hangs on to him for dear life and they kiss.

Sami continues to demand answers from Rolf. He says he was there when she and Lucas said their goodbye to Will. Flashback to Sami and Lucas saying goodbye in the morgue. Hope comes in and says the medical examiner is there and asks if they're ready to leave Will. They leave and the medical examiner (Rolf) comes in, in full garb, with his face covered by a surgical mask. Hope leaves, shuts the door, and Rolf tells Will it's time to come back, as he takes a big needle and jams it into his chest.

Sami thinks he's lying, but he repeats her last words to Will. Sami is shaken. She keeps asking who he's working for. Hope and Sami argue a bit and Rolf slips a cyanide pill into his mouth. He foams at the mouth and his eyes roll back. He's dead. Hope calls it in, then arrests Sami.

She takes Sami to the cop shop and they talk. Sami can't believe Hope arrested her. She demands her one call and calls Lucas, but Sonny answers (after he took Lucas' phone as Adrienne begged for help). She tells Sonny to come to the cop shop, she has info for him.

Sonny and Lucas come into the room with Sami and she tells them she thinks this all might be true, that Will is alive.

The show opens with a replay of events leading up to Steve’s reveal of Bonnie. He and Kayla tell her how they thought she was acting strange, ie., calling him Patch, not being a good mother to Sonny, etc. but chalked it up to reactions from the chemo. But when she went after Victor, they knew something wasn’t right. She finally comes clean. She accuses Maggie of ruining her life when she stole Mickey from her. She tells them that it was all Anjelica’s idea because she was so hung up on Justin. They pressure her to tell them where Adrienne is. She finally tells them that she is in Statesville. Steve, Kayla, and Justin leave to go to the prison. Brady is going to take Bonnie back to prison, she throws her bouquet at him, shoves Maggie into a chair and takes off.

Later, Bonnie is trying to get a cab to get out of Salem. Sheila finds her and tells her that she’s not going anywhere.

Victor apologizes to Maggie for putting her through the ordeal. He hates that she knows what he tried to do. Maggie forgives him, tell him that the man he used to be is dead and gone and that’s why she fell in love with him. She states that Deimos was a terrible man and deserved to be punished. Asked about Xander. Victor admits that he and Justin paid off a judge, got his sentence commuted and that he’s doing what he’s told to do. Maggie wants to call Lucas and tell him about Bonnie. Victor says to wait, he’s probably drunk. Maggie wants to help him and hopes the news will help.

Lucas comes upon Sonny at Will’s grave. Accuses him of getting his fiance to dig up the grave. Sonny tells him he knew nothing about it. Tells Lucas he can’t help but wonder if there is a chance that Will is alive. Tells him about Andre helping to find Dr. Rolf. Lucas doesn’t believe it. Sonny wasn’t there when Will died. He and Sami saw Will’s body in the morgue. Sonny asks Lucas if he has even a little bit of hope that Will is alive. While they’re talking, Lucas gets a phone call. It is Adrienne, calling from prison asking for his help. Lucas asks why he should help her after she dumped him. Sonny takes the phone from Lucas to talk to his mother but the prison guard catches her and takes the phone away from her. He starts to drag her off to solitary.

In Dr. Rolf’s room, Sami is still pointing the gun at him, demanding to know if he did anything to Will. He beats around the bush and tells her he was in the morgue when she and Lucas were there. She doesn’t believe him. He quotes, verbatim, the last words she said to Will before they left. Tells her that after he was sure they were gone, he did what he had been paid to do. He never directly admits that he resurrected Will. While Hope and Sami are arguing over the gun, Dr. Rolf swallows a cyanide capsule and dies.

Sami wants to go through his room. Hope stops her by telling her that she is under arrest. Back at the station, Hope accuses Sami of being out of control and going overboard. Sami says that’s something considering that Hope shot Stefano, not that she minded. Hope tells Sami that if she doesn’t lock her up, they may never find the truth. Sami demands her phone call. She calls Lucas, but Sonny answers. She tells him to come to the station. Sonny and Lucas both come and Sami tells them that Will could be alive.

Eli and Gabi are in Horton Square. He tells her that she doesn’t have to help him make friends at his new job. He says that it could do more harm than good with Rafe. As they are talking, Sheila (who has fled the K-Mansion) comes up and tells Eli she needs to talk to him privately. She tells him that she is in trouble and needs his help disappearing. She tells Eli that he owes her; he is responsible for her being in prison in the first place, Eli tells her that he can’t get involved. He’s starting his new job with Salem PD. Sheila tells Gabi to watch out for Eli or he’ll stab her in the back just like he did her. She leaves. Gabi tells Eli she guesses that something bad happened between him and Sheila. Sorry, it’s none of her business. Eli says it’s about time he told someone what went down between them.

Justin bursts in just as the guard is dragging Adrienne off to solitary. Tells him to leave her alone. Adrienne falls, sobbing into Justin’s arms. They kiss, and kiss, and kiss...

A few questions about today's episode.

When the Kiriakis clan was taking turns badgering Bonnie, why didn't anyone think to call the police?

When Steve was ticking off all the un-Adrienne things Bonnie did, why didn't he mention that absurdly low-cut white dress?

Just how far does Bonnie think she can get wearing that ridiculous dress, even cleverly disguised with those big sunglasses?

How foolish would Hope feel if she had to explain just how Rolf managed to kill himself: "Oh, Sami took my gun and I more or less just stood there while she clobbered him across the head with it and then pointed it at him while she squawked questions until he decided to end it all."

Is Rolf really dead? Recall that when Dr. Baker was about to be found by DiMera goons he cleverly took a drug that only made him appear to be dead.

Just how far does Bonnie think she can get wearing that ridiculous dress, even cleverly disguised with those big sunglasses?

Well in fairness, glasses work for Clark Kent/Superman so there is no reason why they shouldn't work for Bonnie. LOL

My favorite exchange:

Gabi: Rafe is a stubborn person.
Eli: So do they run in the family?

As much as I love her, the truth is the truth. LOL

So Adrienne is finally free again. I still don't get why she didn't go to the infirmary and prove she wasn't Bonnie Lockhart by showing she had medical procedures that Bonnie did not. I just wish the writers didn't seem to think that the term "couch potato" literally means the audience have the brains of a potato.

Last edited:
I am glad Bonnie is caught but still disappointed and in disbelief that Victor, Maggie and Justin didn't figure it out. And Justin saves Adrienne. Wonder what that will mean? I think I am in the minority, but I am tired of drunk Lucas.

Wish Rolf was gonna be on longer. I was glad when Sami said to Hope oh this from the person that shot Stefano. Just what I was thinking.

Last edited:
I don't know if we're in the minority or not but I agree with you about drunk Lucas. He's starting to make me think of Nicholas Cage's character in Leaving Las Vegas who was drunk pretty much throughout the entire movie.

Even though Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) is doing a great job, I just wish he wasn't being written as such a relentless pit bull. I know that's how some drunks are but it makes it hard to sympathize with him, in my very humble opinion.

Rolf slips a cyanide pill into his mouth. He foams at the mouth and his eyes roll back. He's dead.
For now, at least.

I want Will back, but I'd accept his death if it keeps EJ dead. I think if EJ comes back (and he and Sami don't immediately leave and die), I might throw in the towel. That raping murdering cheating bag of filth should stay dead.

GROSS. I am not okay with the needle resurrection. It opens the door for too many slimy rapists to return.

Meanwhile there were anvils today about Lucas/Adrienne/Justin and no matter what she's been through, Adrienne is absolutely an idiot if she doesn't return to Lucas and/or stay single. Justin cheated on her.

Most actors don't like to really eat onscreen for fear of choking on the food while talking, getting it stuck in their teeth, or messing up their makeup.

And when they have to do full-on eating scenes, they have spit buckets so they don't have to actually eat for hours while doing one scene.

Yes I understand that. Just thought his nibble was funny with the juxtaposition of the cookies being so good.

Just a humorous observation not to be taken as a serious judgment. Kind of like how we discuss their warm weather clothing most every season, all season long. Something funny to see and be ignored.

Thanks for the summaries! Much as I like Lucas, he does make a pretty nasty drunk. (Yes, the actor does a great job). I can't help but wonder if his response to Adrienne when she called him for help may turn her toward Justin. She's bound to suffer severe stress after this ordeal and Justin is the one who rescued her, while Lucas failed her miserably in her hour of desperation.

Back