Days of Our Lives, Tues., Apr. 1, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Everyone is getting ready for the wedding, & at the Kmansion, decorations are up, flowers in place, along with the chairs. Sonny has spent the night there, his mother comes in to help him tie his bow tie, and gush over how proud she is of him, & while she seemed against the wedding earlier, she is not, she is so happy for him, etc. etc. And no, she is happy he asked his dad to speak, as she knows if she spoke, then Sami would and it would be all about her. LOL Sonny forgot his cuff links, texts Gabi to bring them.

Lucas runs into Kate, who is going early to the Kiriakis house, as she isn't sure Maggie's taste in arranging might not be tooooo good. Lucas tells her to be good, she leaves, he meets up with Justin. Funny scenes as Lucas & Justin talk of their speeches, Lucas wanting to know what Justin is going to say, so they don't overlap. Justin says he is speaking first, so Lucas can just cut out of his if they do overlap. Justin goes to get them coffee, Lucas sneaks a peak at Justin's file, and finds, written across a legal pad "I told you, you have to wait". He & Justin grin at each other.

Will is getting dressed, talking with Gabi (Just my opinion, but both Gabi & Abby have such bright garish lipstick on...not attractive...) and darling Arianna, all dolled up in a sparkly dress, gift from Kate. Gabi has 2 others, from Sami & Adrienne, she will be changing Ari every two hours. She takes off with Ari in the carriage, as Eric arrives. They chat a bit, Eric has a gift for Will, and I went hysterical, when Eric brings out two of those foam cheeseheads that GreenBay Packer fans wear. Eric tells him he has to stop rooting for the Bears and switch, puts one on Will's head. Truly funny. LOL

At DiMansion, Sami comes down (my goodness, all these sparkly dresses) yelling for the kids that they are going to leave soon. (With that fancy dress, that is too tight which is minor...why could Sami not wear stockings....the bare legs look out of place, at least to me). She answers the door to find an upset Marlena, her license has not arrived, she has called etc.and there may not be a wedding. Sami makes sad face at the silent EJ, who pops up, will take care of it. He begins making phone calls, Sami calls the kids (we never see them) and leaves with marlena. EJ is calling head honchos, etc. etc. ending up calling for his helicopter, they are taking a quick trip to Chicago.
He arrives at the headquarters of the "religion", finding one of those long haired guru types, oozing words of love and comfort. EJ came in person to pick up Dr. Evans license, she is performing a wedding this afternoon. The white robed, seated guru figures EJ is her lawyer, and tells him to "let's proceed".

Brady wakes up in his bed, a bit bleary eyes, his phone has a message about the wedding. Now he sees Theresa is in bed with him. They chat some, talk about the wedding, Theresa suggests they show up together as a couple, shock all the family.

One of the directors on Victor's Business board arrives, happened to be in the neighborhood. He talks of business, downturns, but Victor is optimistic, then says we are having a wedding here in a bit. And now the man begins talking about two men being married there, and goes on about customers maybe protesting with their wallets, yada, yada. Victor tells the guy off, that it isn't anyone but the man himself, a bigot, and really goes off on him. Maggie is eavedropping, and silently cheering Vic on. Victor finally tells the guy to leave, take his prejudices with him and that he is no longer on the Board. Maggie gives him a big hug, cannot wait to tell Sonny, but Victor is adamant she not. This is his wedding day, nothing should spoil it for him, and she is to tell no one else either. Kate arrives, having seen the man leave, is curious, knowing the man's politics, but Maggie is mum, but grinning from ear to ear.

At the hospital Maxine & Jordan talk about the wedding, and while Maxine is going, Jordan has not heard from Rafe. Rafe, however is at the Club, talking to Ben, telling him he cares about Jordan a lot, doesn't want to see her hurt by anyone. Ben assures him he would never hurt a woman, especially Jordan. Rafe lets him know that he should get over whatever has come between him & Jordan. He leaves, makes a call. Maxine gives her a pep talk, then answers the phone which is for Jordan. Rafe apologizes for not confirming their date for the wedding. She says she brought a dress to the hospital, can be ready in 1/2 hr. Rafe will be there. Later, he is all dressed up, runs into Abe and both go to the hospital. Maxine looks just lovely, and out comes Jordan, also looking smashing. Rafe tells her it is good no female bride, as Jordan would outshine her.

At the Pub, Caroline is very upset that she will forget her speech, and tells Kayla she cannot do it. Kayla gives her a big pep talk, volunteers to type it up for her, prints it in big letters so she can read it. Kayla, tho dressed for the wedding, gets an emergency call from the hospital, so contacts Roman to pick Caroline up and take her over there.

At the Horton house, JJ & Abby are putting items in a big box, but refuse to tell curious Jen, as it is a surprise. Abby has to get one more thing, so leaves. Jen tries to open the box a couple of times, but is caught. JJ comes out munching on a drumstick, is hungry. Jen offers to hold the box, as he can't manage it with that chicken leg. He hands it to her, lol, holding onto the box.
Abby shows up at the Club, startling Ben, who is nearly tongue tied when he sees her. He claims no one comes in so dressed up, she mentions the wedding, has to pick something up. Yep, on the back bar. He gets it, (looks the size of a laptop???) she thanks him, leaves, remarking next time she comes, she will remember the dress code. She smiles, walks, out, with Ben calling himself a moron.

Sami & Marlena arrive at the Kmansion, Adrienne & Justin have come down, chatter. But Sami & Marlena are worried about EJ, who only says he is working on it, via text. Gabi arrives with Arianna, and Lucas comes in. The grandparents all ooh and ahh, Kate grabs the baby, remarking on her dress, Gabi has to tell the nose out of joint Sami that she will use the one Sami bought for the reception. Adrienne takes the baby from Kate, everyone going into the seating area. Sami talks with Lucas about the baby, and the wonderful son they created, how did we get such a great one. Lucas retorts that mostly it is because he ignored all the things his parents said and did. LOL Gabi has left to take the cufflinks upstairs to Sonny.
Will takes one last look around the apartment, then leaves.
Sonny is on the phone with someone, saying he will deal with Nick, just not today, but not to worry, he will take care of him. Gabi has come in, heard this, and demands to know exactly what Sonny is planning to do.

WOW... my son's getting married (Sami) my grandson's getting married (Kate) and I'm going to wear a dress that barely covers my lower half.....won't even get into Hope's strapless dress.....
Perhaps it's just complete jealousy that I can't pull those outfits off...... the ladies do look wonderful.....

While they do look gorgeous, you can practically see Gabi and Sami's panties due to their dresses being so short.

I miss the days when women wore pantyhose. A dress looks so much more polished with a pair of sheer hose. I loved that Adrienne actually wore pantyhose with her dress.

I'll let the short short dresses slide. I'm glad that nobody is wearing flip flops. A few of my younger co-workers think it is ok to wear them with dressy or business clothes. :confused: I'm not even talking the blinged out ones (still inappropriate), but the plain rubber/plastic ones from a dollar store. They have their place. It just isn't at a business meeting or formal occasion.

Everyone is sparkly!! Like wardrobe went crazy with a bedazzle gun or something. Lol. However I thought most everyone looked great. I don't care for Sami's hair and her dress doesn't exactly scream mother of the groom to me. I loved the color of Gabi's dress but it was SO short...could've looked really cute if it was fitted and sparkly on top with a contrasting texture on the bottom with a fuller flowing skirt to it. Can't wait for the ceremony to begin!

As a Green Bay Packers fan I thought the scenes with Eric and Will were cute. Go Pack Go!!

It was touching that Caroline was worried about her illness affecting her speech. Nice scenes. I also liked Victor telling that guy off about having a gay wedding. Good for Vic!

Everybody looking good and in a jovial mood, or as Sami said: "normal and nice." This is highly unusual for Salem. There was even a genuine Salem miracle: Marlena being grateful to EJ for something. Of course, since it is Salem, there always has to be a few flies in the ointment: 1) designated homophobe Herb Brandt running his mouth in the name of almighty corporate profits; 2) Theresa suggesting to Brady that he blow off the wedding. (The reaction to a Brady no-show probably would be worse than it would be if he took up with Kristen again or drank up the K-mansion liquor supply in a single afternoon.); and 3) Gabi going off on Sonny about Tricky Nicky. Finally, imagine the reaction of the person at the ordination website when he/she realizes that it's an angry EJ DiMera on the other end of the line. Talk about a bad day at the office!

I'll let the short short dresses slide. I'm glad that nobody is wearing flip flops. A few of my younger co-workers think it is ok to wear them with dressy or business clothes. :confused: I'm not even talking the blinged out ones (still inappropriate), but the plain rubber/plastic ones from a dollar store. They have their place. It just isn't at a business meeting or formal occasion.

:rotfl: The other day I was in Walmart at lunch with a co-worker and this man walks in with a really professional business suit and the brightest orange women's flip-flops I've ever seen. We just looked at each other and said 'the People of Walmart'. :rotfl:

All in all today was a wonderful episode. Sonny and Adrienne scenes were perfect (Freddie Smith and Judi Evans are so naturally believable as mother and son). Sonny's jitters and him mentioning not sleeping well because of the mansions bad vibes and Adrienne saying she doesn't sleep well without Justin either - it was a beautiful scene.

Lucas and Justin are great together. WHY did it take this long to use them together? Justin setting Lucas up by leaving his folder with the "uh uh uh" themed note inside was hilarious.

Victor Kiriakis is my hero. (Family values my ___) And Maggie standing outside the door silently cheering her husband on and beaming with pride afterwards :rotfl:.

Today's script was written by Melissa Salmons who happens to be my favorite script writer (closely followed by The Cullitons). I hope she penned all 3 days of this wedding.

First time in along time that I watched the show live. I really enjoyed today's show. I have to say Days have some of the most handsome men in daytime .
The Lucas and Justin scenes are nice, I also enjoyed Ben and Abigail's first meeting, it was cute, Ben being so nervous. Jordan, Gabi and Abigail were gorgeous and the men were handsome in their suits. Arianna is so adorable.

15 minutes into the show and POW a News Alert and you don't want me to go into 'WHO it was I'll leave it at ....no I guess I won't go there either......So what I saw in the 15 Minutes:
  • Dresses: The too Tight: Samantha Gene, Abigail, Jennifer, Gabi & Jennifer
  • Dresses: Wrong Color: Marlena (too dull), Maggie (too bright - her color outdid everything else in the room) and why is Caroline dressed so drab!!
  • Hair: Yuk - Gabi's like big wads, should have let her beautiful locks flow; Samantha Gene - too flat, too greasy looking, just too....where is that beautiful full tress of blonde;
  • Big Surprise - OMG how pretentious EJ is being characterized...just call a Justice of the Peace...and to have him fly off in a helicopter ....
  • Lucas and Justin....perfect writing for them as the Fathers of the husbands to be!!
So outside of that in the 15 minutes I saw....great writing, great character moments and I love Abe & Maxine together.

What I would like to see: Will and Sonny move into a house!

Steffee.......the video is posted, so you can see what you missed.......:)

Back