Days of Our Lives - Tues., Apr. 5, 2016

Thanks Poirot.

An interesting show since Justin was at the hospital with Fynn and mentioned
Maggie's daughters. He, also, had to rush off to change his clothes. Was Justin
with Victor when Caroline was?

I'm glad Rafe found Chase in the house. How did he know he was there? Did
a neighbor call the police? Maybe Caroline told him :)

Nice to see John swooping in to Save the Day for Steve. I wonder what
Pamela is going to say. We'll have to stay tuned to find out.

One other point about today's episode: Rafe appears to have his Ciaras confused. When trying to reassure Hope that Teen Ciara was "strong" he harkened back to the exploits of the "real" preteen-Ciara. Sorry,Rafe, but the Lauren Boles version of Ciara was an entertaining and accomplished pre-teen, whose presence on-screen was welcomed by viewers. In contrast, many posters on this board have little use for the annoying Teen Ciara. A few have even suggested that the Ciara character be de-SORASed, which isn't a bad idea.

I am not a big fan of the new Ciara! She is too wishy washy. Also the rape replay is really getting old! Do we have to see it every episode?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing they are showing the flashbacks because something else was cut? And where the hell is Shawn-Douglas?! Can he please have a scene or 2 with his sister? I find it horrifying that Claire knows about the rape but Shawn and even Belle for that matter have had no involvement whatsoever with this storyline. Completely out of character for all involved. Even back in November, we saw how close Shawn and Ciara were. Now nothing. The show could have just as easily had Shawn catch Chase instead of Rafe. That would have been a good tie back to Shawn initially not liking Chase. They really should have gone this route with the storytelling.

Nice to see Justin in the know about Victor and Maggie. That's good continuity.

Also enjoyed the Steve/Kayla scenes. Very well written. Maroon is a good color on Kayla.

Nice cliffhanger too. Let's hope it continues today.

On a personal note, my junior high school (grades 7-9), had an open lunch policy so I could either go to a food truck outside or walk to the local town about 4 blocks away. Since then it's been converted to a middle school (grades 6-8) so I don't know if that policy still exists. Fun fact: The actor Alfonso Ribeiro also went to my school but he is a few years older than me. My high school also had an open lunch policy but as it was the largest school in NYC at the time (5,000 students), the building was huge and set back a bit so it was hard to walk out to grab lunch and back in a timely manner. So I usually ended up bringing it.

Caroline needs to know her boundaries. Yes ,Maggie sees her as a great friend but this constant hanging around Victor would be a tremendously uncomfortable and not tolerated situation for any wife. She, Caroline, just assumes and imposes herself on his every move.

Now onto Teen Ciara. I too would love to see the younger Ciara, Lauren Boles, back. The teen version just isn't enjoyable.

I was wondering how Rafe knew Chase was there too. But seriously, he arrests the kid and just leaves the door the Jennifer's house open?! It kills me what they have done to Chase. And how many times do we have to see him raping Ciara? Aren't they even showing more now? Enough already.

I loved Kayla's reaction to Joey telling Jade. If she could say the F word on the show I'm pretty sure she would have been saying it! :rotfl:

I hope the fee for the "ditched" doctor appointment comes out of Ciara's allowance.

Joey is starting to look like he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. "Nice house, nobody home!" :rolleyes:
He could/should simply deny, deny, deny that he ever told Jade anything about Ava's supposed death. But, that would be asking too much. :rolleyes:

I did very much appreciate that Joey introduced Jade to his mother (Kayla) using proper etiquette; a very rare thing nowadays. :clap: :clap: :clap::clap:

Justin in leather, with considerable stubble. "Et tu, (Justinian?)"

2) memories of hot times with Elsa back in Dubai,
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for the summary. This show was nothing special. More of the same old same old. Although I AM intrigued about this Pamela woman. Hopefully she can save the day for Patch. I don't want him going to jail, especially for something he didn't do. I also don't want Joey going to jail either, mind you. Ava was a criminal, so I could care less about her death.

The Ciara and Hope stuff...so much inconsistency, and I'm no longer a Ciara fan since the SORAS. Also, I'm tired of seeing the rape flashbacks. The story was horrific but also poorly-written. I'm glad that Rafe caught Chase, but he needs something else to do besides always being there for Hope.

When I was in high school (until my senior year, which I did online schooling for), there were open campus privileges for juniors and seniors who could drive and had good grades. I couldn't drive, and instead used the period to watch DOOL. :rotfl:One of the study hall teachers would come by and see that I was watching it, and close my laptop. I'd always just open it back up and continue, and he'd eventually give up. No WAY was I missing Vivian in that sarcophagus!:rotfl::rotfl:

Back