Days of Our Lives - Tues., Apr. 8, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Lots of short scenes around Salem today. Abby is texting while jogging in the park, causing her to bump right into Paige, who is jogging in the opposite direction. They talk, chat, both practicing for the same marathon. Paige realizes her phone is gone, Abby finds it on the ground, broken glass, insists on paying for it, takes Paige home with her. When they get there, Paige realizes this is JJ's house, and thus learns Abby is JJ's sister.
Earlier, JJ was thinking about Paige, opened a bag of nuts, spilled them, then a soda can, which must have been shook up, as it splashes all over him. A knock at the door shows Aiden Jennings there. Seems he managed to get Judge Goldberg to agree to transfer JJ back over to the hospital, but JJ doesn't want to change. He makes some speech about serving the public, causing Aiden to smile, ask who the girl is. LOL Aiden is very understanding, leaves agreeing to let the judge know JJ would rather stay where he is.

Abby assures Paige JJ isn't home, goes upstairs to get the money, JJ comes in, shy, awkward conversation ensures. Abby comes down, giving Paige the money and a card for the guy who will fix it. JJ offers to go with Paige, and next they are waiting out in front of the shop. The phone will be ready in 20 minutes, JJ takes the opportunity to ask Paige if they might do something together some time. She asks if this is a date. Yep. (cute conversation, both shy, bashful, awkward, but happy)

Sami sits with EJ in the square, surprised he came errand running with her, but figures he wanted to get away from father dearest. Cue flashbacks to Stefano mentioning EJ's liason with Abigail, and wanting him to help with Katerina. Sami has to go see Lucas, get his signature on field trip consent for Allie, and leaves. EJ has spotted Kate, and goes to talk to her. EJ talks of giving Stefano another chance, kate refusing consistently. EJ talks of how they all have done bad things (this after Kate talks of never forgiving Stefano for nearly emasculating Rafe), and that while we might not forget, we do forgive. Kate is adamant, but Ej thinks perhaps she doth protest too much, and leaves. Kate gets a call from her detective, Ortiz, who has evidently found something out about Jordan.

Abby is in the club, talking to Ben, who apologizes for how he talked to her the last time she was in, but....she just looked so beautiful. This makes Abby smile, but get a bit overcome and she leaves. Earlier, Ben ran into Jordan, who was not happy about it, said they have to stay away from each other and he knows why. So far, only Rafe knows he is her brother, and she trusts him not to tell anyone.
Rafe is sitting at his desk, trying to find info on Ben Ridgeway...but doesn't. He types in Jordan's name, debates for a long time, then deletes it without checking. He goes to meet Jordan at the Pub, she thinks something is bothering him, he denies it, but when they leave to go fo9r a walk, she figures he can tell her what is bugging him.

Lucas is going over some campaign stuff with Sheryl, and before you know it, they are kissing rather passionately. Knock, knock, it is Sami who wonders why the locked door. Sheryl is leaving, Sami comes in, comments on Sheryl's smeared lip gloss, then smiles at some on Lucas. She teases him a bit, has him sign the paper, is glad he is happy and that "she" is pretty. She takes off, Sheryl returns, talks of going for a late lunch and having Lucas come with. Sure enough.

Hope is in the Pub, talking with Caroline, who is very upset about Bo not being in town for the wedding, not being there, period. She then begins talking of Father Louis wanting Hope to help out with the fund raising with Aiden, Hope absolutely refusing to work with that man. Caroline tries to reason with her, to no avail.

Sami goes home to find EJ helping Allie with some math homework, that she doesn't understand. He talks of monkeys and bananas, how each monkey needs to have the exact same number of bananas, shows her how to divide. Sami is watching, all smiles, and when Allie leaves, is on EJ's lap, kissing him, happy he loves Allie so much, cares for their kids, yada, yada, yada.

Kate is in Lucas's office, spotting Sheryl's phone, commenting to herself aloud that Sheryl should never leave without it.

Aiden sits on a bench in the park with his son, Chase, who wants to move back to Portland, Aiden saying they cannot do that. Chase is unhappy here, no friends. Hope happens by behind them. Aiden tells Chase they are not going back, "because he said so", getting a bit perturbed. He spots Hope, gets up on her case for listening. She tries to explain it was accidental, but he tells her to butt out of his life, calls Chase to leave.

Lucas & Sheryl are in a bedroom, just ending a WOW roll in the hay. Fantastic they both agree. They talk of a meeting this afternoon. He goes to take a shower, Sheryl is still in 7th heaven over the sex. Lucas's phone rings, and it is Kate, talking of the meeting, telling Lucas to be there, he is sure to see Sheryl then.
Sheryl smiles....and then Kate adds that the information they got from Sheryl about Jordan Ridgeway and the Ozarks looks as though it has paid off. Sheryl's jaw drops, she gasps, she is horrified.

How heartless of Kate to rebuff EJ's suggestion that she forgive Stefano for his past outrageous misdeeds. :sarcasm:Of course, EJ did well not to mention that the word "forgiveness" is not in the Phoenix's vocabulary and that "revenge" is practically his middle name. Speaking of EJ, when he was giving Allie some arithmetic pointers, he should have added that in DiMera math no matter how things are added, subtracted, multiplied, or divided, he and Nono always get all the bananas. Finally, it's a another Salem miracle: Ortiz actually seems to have dug up some dirt on Jordan. Given the usual quality of detective work in Salem (recall Mason Ventura, the coffee-spill detective), it would have not been surprising if this guy had forgotten all about Jordan and instead spent all of Kate's money on women, drinks, movies, a gold Rolex watch, etc., etc.

Allie could be suffering from the same ailment as Tiny Tim and using a walking cane and hugging EJ for dear life thanking him for all he does for her and I'd never feel anything for her interaction with him. I hate that EJ is allowed to do things with Lucas' daughter that we're not allowed to see Lucas doing with her. I get it that Lucas is a recurring character, but instead of him having conversations with Kate about prying into Jordan's life, how about throwing us a few scenes of Lucas spending time with his own kid.

ETA: I know sets are scarce, but how about giving him an apartment. Today should have been Lucas home with Allie helping her with her math. Sheryl shows up with work question so Lucas sends Allie to her room to work alone. Sami shows up to pick up Allie and sees Lucas w/the smeared lipstick on his face. Sami teases Lucas and she and Allie leave. See how simple it is to give us some Lucas in single father and bachelor mode simultaneously.

I get the writers are trying to portray Sami and EJ as this perfect little family with 3 kids so that the affair reveal will be that more devastating but how hard is it to see that this pairing sucks! And this is not me wanting a Sami/Lucas or Sami/Rafe reunion. This is me being completely flabbergasted to the appeal of this couple. Sami has never been more clueless in her life and sticking her with EJ was the worst thing TPTB could have done to her as this relationship is worse than the character's rape.

Did anyone else notice it was cold in Salem today since EJ had on the same coat he wore down by the river with Sami looking for evidence.:sarcasm:
Was nice seeing JJ and Paige together seeming to be bonding. I believe Paige enjoyed seeing a shirtless JJ today.

Will we have a momma's boy in Lucas and do as she says?

:OT: The last time anything involving EJ was "interesting"

zyf4sj.jpg

Pretty good episode. One thing that stood out to me was Ben saying to Jordan " I'm sorry I made things worst for you" Hmmm........interesting. So with Rafe doing a search on Ben and Jordan with the "Ridgeway last name not popping up in a search leads to feel strongly that Ridgeway is not their last names. Ben and Jordan may not be their real names either. Maybe a murder was involved in self-defense and the brother/sister have been on the run. Maybe it has to do with their father similar story to Austin and Billie with Curtis. So yes I speculate they both are some sort of criminals.

Kate calling EJ a pimp and EJ rebutting back saying " Don't think you want to go there with your past history" hehe priceless.

It's good to see Lucas and Sami friends again; before, they couldn't stand being in the same room. They definitely were acting like brother and sister today teasing one another.

Paige seemed quite in awe seeing JJ shirtless unexpectingly.

LOL, I was laughing at the TV, saying aloud to Rafe...looking for the wrong name, Rafe.

But he doesn't yet know Ben has a different last name. Loved how he wrestled with his conscience over checking up on Jordan......

I have never seen Lucas as a mama's boy,,, but he does love her and he does need to stay away from her

I loved seeing Lucas today, and he should be the one helping Allie when he can, she does live with Sami. :( I still believe Lucas and Sami are more than friends, I have never thought of them like brother and sister,
they do have kids together :wink:

Lucas was amazing today.

During any of his machinations to recapture "Ekaterina," did the Phoenix ever apologise genuinely? His love, like EJ's, seems to be more about control.

I want to throw things at my TV any time EJ is around Allie. And Sami loses IQ points any time EJ is around someone under "manhandling age" (about 12 years old).

Rafe using "ewe search" cracked me up. Some investigative instinct there....

Back