Days of Our Lives - Tues., April 7, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Xander and Sarah spend their scenes happily making goo-goo eyes at each other, giggling, talking of the upcoming wedding tomorrow, her dress is ready, Kayla calls, could use her help, Xander will pick up the dress.

Chad & Abby wake up, he tells her how much he loves her, only cares about his life with her, Thomas & Charlotte. They are happy, he knows his father's games, likes to play chess, always to win, whereas Chad feels he is on to him, plays for love, and may have a few tricks up his sleeve.

Anna & Tony talk about how Stefano always manages to get his children to do what he wants, manipulates them, etc. Tony thanks her for saving him, they both worry over what will happen to Stefano's “essence” if Kayla manages to remove it, will it end up elsewhere?

Brady & Kristen are knocking on Eric's door, he lets them in. Surprised to see Nicole back already....They immediately realize they came at inopportune time, just came to tell Eric that mom came thru fine, is good, John won't leave her side. They start to leave, Eric stops them, has something to tell them. Brady sits down at a table, across from Eric, while Kristen does an apology thing with Nicole, ending with glad Mickey is doing so well. The gals go sit next to the guys (this was too dumb, in my book, these guys waiting for the women to blab away). So finally Eric says he does have something to tell them, no, not about Nicole, she is fine. (and you all will be going.....so spit it out already). Alas, Kristen's phone rings, tis her father, she has to go see him. Brady insists on being at her side, so he leaves as well. Nicole is surprised Eric did not tell them. Eric says he thinks Sarah should be told first.

At the hospital, Steveano is his usual bossy, obnoxious self, won't let Kayla touch him. Brags how Rolf is so loyal so won't operate. Kayla is tough, reads him the riot act, doesn't need Rolf, watched him twice herself, won't allow him to use Steve's body this way. She has court order to do any medical procedure she deems necessary. He says if she makes a mistake, Steve could die, she retorts Steve would want her to take the chance. He read the court order, is upset, but asks her one last favor, bring my 3 children here for one last goodbye.

She has left the room, Justin waiting, is concerned, she tells him she is not doing all that good, Marlena fine, explains about Steve who spent so many years trying to help those Stefano trying to harm, she has to try and remove that chip. They talk about it, she calls Tony, Chad & Kristen. She calls Sarah to assist.

Eric & Nicole are at the hospital, talking to the lab tech, who gave Nicole the doctored lab results. Eric wants the real ones, convinces the guy, who returns, hands them the paper, saying you did not get this from me, leaves. They read, it confirms, Mickey is the child of Brady & Kristen. Eric says something about how am I going to tell Sarah that Mackenzie is not ours, that our child died, they turn, Sarah is doorway. Well, good timing, she did not hear them. She is going to help Kayla, Is all excited about getting married tomorrow. She flies out.

Xander goes to pick up Sarah's dress, Brady gets it for him, must be Basic Black, I guess. Xander tells him he never got a chance to express his sympathies about the baby. Brady thanks him (gee, nearly a year later??? )

Stefano is happy to see his kids, knows he has not always treated them well, tells Tony he is sorry he tried to kill him, tells Chad he was so stubborn, he had to brainwash him to get him to do what he wanted. Oh, he loves them all, stroking Chad's arm. Tells Kristen she is not his blood, but is the most like him, has the same drive, intending to get what she wants. She demurs...maybe once.....not any more. He says “you sure about that”?

Kayla comes in, times up, they all leave. As she is wheeling him to the operating room on the gurney, he sees the trio.....tells them he loves them, to always remember who they are, they are DiMeras! You are stronger together, and together, you defeated me. But, I did manage to bring you all together. I love you........

I just want to thank you for continuing to do these summaries for us. The fact that there are no comments today tells how there was nothing new today worth commenting on. I will say that as annoying as Sarah is, now that she is talking in baby talk (and I don't mean to Mickey), she is even worse! Well, we know that will be short-lived.

Sarah is insufferable. I can't stand that baby voice or all the screaming that she does. Xander has serious nerves being unhappy about Nicole hating him. He kidnapped and tried to murder her several times. Is she supposed to sing to his praise? He's stupid now.

I enjoyed Kayla telling off "Stefano" and not backing off about taking off the chip in Steve's brain.

Kristen is so fake. The psycho rapist now quickly redeemed? And Eric should never tolerate her mere presence.

I missed Steve-ano's farewell to his long-suffering family because of a virus report from the governor of Maryland, but here are a few comments on what I did see.

Sarah: Why is she getting a wedding gown from tacky Basic Black? Why couldn't she and Xander hit on kindly old Victor to pop for a high-end Vera Wang design?

Steve-ano: He may be a twisted, delusional monster, but he hit the nail on the head about University Hospital. It definitely is a third-rate institution.

Kayla: Not surprisingly, the writers have gotten the legalities of her authorization to operate on "Steve Johnson" all wrong. Since she's no longer married to him, she'd have to petition a court to be named his guardian. She'd then have to schedule a psychiatric evaluation and submit its findings to a court. Finally, she'd have to attend a hearing to present evidence in support of her petition. Of course, if the sitting judge was the DiMera's favorite bought-and-paid-for jurist, Karen Fitzpatrick, Kayla's petition wouldn't have a chance. She'd reject it immediately with extreme prejudice and then wish Steve-ano good health and good luck.

Steve would want her to take the chance. He read the court order, is upset, but asks her one last favor, bring my 3 children here for one last goodbye
I would legit have brought Tripp, Joey, and Stephanie in. "Stefano" has no legal rights because as Dr B pointed out (re: Gina), he is not a real person.
Mickey is the child of Brady & Kristen
Whoever had this idea for another rapebaby needs to be fired and removed from any writing unions ASAP.

I'm completely over the DiMeras and hope they never ever ever pull any of these "famiglia" stories again. But I also hope Kristen's on her way out of town.

Yes, Sarah was annoying as could be today. All that squealing. I almost feel bad she's about to get her heart broken.

And yes, Eric, Sarah the current mother of the baby should be told first. Could you imagine telling Brady and Kristen and then just having them rip that baby out of her arms when she has no idea? The lab tech giving them results that say Kristen is the mom kind of dashed my 3rd random baby hope. But stranger things have happened in Salem.

It is also very creepy for Chad, Kristen and Tony to be talking to Steve as if he is Stefano. And how sad Chad and Kristen looked at the end. Not so much Tony. I will be so glad when this is over and I have to agree with everyone that says they have tarnished Joe Mascolo's (the real Stefano) memory. He did leave great. Hope killed him and someday she will have to pay for that. And Stefauxno saying "have you, my darling?" to Kristen about changing makes me hope that no, she has not changed.

I still think that there has to be a reason they had other babies being born that same night. So Mickey is Rachel - OK (not really). But, I am thinking that even though Sarah's baby was injured, I still think it will be someday resolved that her baby (and Eric's) is one of those other two babies.

Thanks, Poirot. It was a good day for you because you saw the whole show.

Will tomorrow ever come to Salem? :)

I liked the end scene with Stevano saying goodbye to the kids because we
we didn't see that when Stefano left.

Nice to see Anna and Tony again. I hope they won't disappear from Salem without
saying goodbye.

Eric got the lab tech give him the correct test results to show Kristen is the
mother of Mickey.

Will Kayla and Sarah get the chip out? Will Steve be Steve again if she does?
How is Justin going to feel if Steve is back?

Congratulations "writers" , I've been a Days fan for my entire life but after 30+ years of watching (with a few short-term breaks), I'm on the verge of tapping out. Brady and Kristen being written as an "it" couple and the second coming of Sami and EJ, is simply too much. If there isn't a twist soon with the baby swap, I'm done forever with Days. Another thing, every vet who has returned during the past few years has been treated like dirt by being given garbage storylines. I don't need such frustration in my life.

And what the hell is this with Marlena forgiving members of the Dimera family? First, she forgave or at least tolerated Andre after he brainwashed her into thinking she was a killer and brutally murdered her poor cousin years earlier. Now she forgives Kristen, what the hell (sorry, I have to say it twice because this is so out of character for Doc)!? :shocked::huh::sick:

Edited to type out Sami/EJ's names - combo names are not permitted here; also to type out texting abbreviations - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm beyond over Sarah and Xander

Tony and Anna seem like filler at this point but still better than anything Kate

Can we stop dragging out this baby story already? Great so now we have redeemed Ben and redeemed Kristen and Grandpa Orpheus and Do Good Xander. What happened to all the evil villains on this show?

The show has slightly improved over the past couple weeks but it's still boring and full of unrootable couples

I'm Team Justin in this race

Back