Days of Our Lives - Tues. Aug. 24. 2010

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Episode #11,403 Taped 6/23 Director – Albert Alarr

Pretty slow show today, with not much movement at all. Carly comes knocking on Chloe’s door, saw Daniel’s car was gone, wanted to give her the good news in person. Daniel is the father of Chloe’s baby. Chloe is so happy, hugs, thank yous, etc. Outside the door, Daniel stops, tells himself that it is done, and all that is important is for Chloe to be happy. He goes in, wonders why Carly is there, she talks of bringing a birthday gift for Chloe, he asks where it is, then. We get all these guilty looks, but she pulls a box from her purse with a silver teeth ring for the baby. Chloe is so happy, goes to call her parents, giving Daniel & Carly time to do a few hugs, she is happy he gets to raise his own child this time, he assuring her all is fine with him, Melanie & her. Water under the bridge.

Stephanie sit with Ian, wondering who the heck could have changed those DNA results she does a bit of guessing and discarding of names, finally saying it could be someone she doesn’t even know. And there sits Nathan with his laptop, a nurse comes by, ask him something about what he was doing (a baseball game???) he closes his laptop, telling her she can’t see his statistics. He comes home, not too happy to find Ian there again, Stephanie claiming Ian was installing a firewall, Ian having forgot to do so yesterday. Ian takes off, Nathan says he figures that the new software p;rogram at the hospital is difficult for everyone, and that was really why Stephanie had him over. She sighs with relief, pretending he is right. And next is a roll in the hay, or scrumping session…take your pick. Stephanie tho, worries that if the baby might need something in the future, that having the wrong father indicated…could be a problem for the baby. She starts to tell Nathan she hasn’t been honest, has kept some things from him, he doesn’t seem to care, says everything starts now for them, and they go for round 2. Later, she is asleep, his arm around her, he is stroking her hair, but looking mighty pensive.

And let’s not forget the wedding that has yet to be finalized over at DiMansion. Sami is yelling at Rafe, scolding him for barging in. He is insisting he has to talk to her, she runs off at the mouth about him saying all he had to say already, that he has moved on, so has she. Stefano does his best to get Rafe to leave, EJ tries to act big cheese, but stoic Rafe just stands there, he is not leaving until he talks to Sami, and all he wants is 5 minutes. Eventually Roman steps in, on Rafe’s side, convincing everyone to just be quiet, give Rafe his 5 minutes, the wedding can continue, all will be fine. O.K. Sami will give him 5 minutes, and goes out into the foyer with Rafe, shutting the door behind them, but definitely not shutting her mouth. Cannot tell you how I wanted someone to come alone and stuff a sock in it, lol. She goes on and on about Rafe & Nicole, how she saw them, how she had begged him to come back to her (when was that???). Rafe tries to tell her that whatever she saw with him & Nicole was all a lie, but Sami blathers on and on, he tells her this is not about him, is about Sydney. That stops Sami, but doesn’t deter her, even as Rafe says EJ is not a good father or he wouldn’t use his children the way he does, to lie to and manipulate their mother. Sami insists …yep…”EJ is a good father”, she has lived there for months, has seen for herself. She finally tells Rafe to leave, opening the door. Rafe, tho, tells her that she was to give him 5 minutes, and in the name of Grace, and all she meant, he needs her to hear him out.
Inside, the “guests” have been roaming around, wondering what is going on. Stefano asks EJ if Rafe could possibly have learned about the subject of which they cannot speak. Nope, could not happen. Will has taken the kids outside, then up to some room, watching a movie. Roman is outside with the judge, Kate & Lexie chatting a bit.. Lexie gets a call to the hospital, has to leave, tells Stefano to stay calm, and leaves.

Philip has come into the kitchen, joining Melanie who closes her laptop, telling him she was offered a job at St. Mary’s but after being there, she thinks she’d rather stay where she knows everyone, and feels more comfortable. So she turned it down. Philip gets a text from Chloe, tells Melanie Chloe wants them both there, and off they go. And now they arrive at Daniel’s, joining Carly & Daniel. Out comes Chloe in a lovely white dress, which plainly shows she is pregnant. They are all toasting with cider, Chloe happy as a clam, she & Daniel having this wonderful baby, being born into this fantastic family. Carly smiles, still looks a bit pained, tho. Chloe says her parents were on Cloud 9 when she told them, and Daniel tells her of the special thing he arranged, which is why he left while she was sleeping. Seems he has a friend with box seats at the Lyric Opera, arranged for them to see the last performance of the season…Carmen…, they have a suite on LakeShore Drive (hmm, someone has been to Chicago, knows their way around) and also has arranged for a special tour of the Art Institute. Chloe is ecstatic. Everyone toasts with sparkling cider.

Back to the wedding that has yet to be finalized….as a very serious Sami enters the study, is sorry, but she has to ask everyone to leave, everyone except EJ…he stays. Roman suggests they go to the Pub, drinks on the house, a bit of protest, EJ finally says to take the kids and get ice cream for everyone. The gang leaves, Sami stands by EJ’s side, telling Rafe that no matter what he says, she is still marrying EJ…who moves off to sit in a chair. Rafe is still beating around the bush, then asks Sami to look at EJ, who he thinks is trying to read the situation, planning what he will say. Sami doesn’t buy it, says something about Rafe no longer caring about her, but he has never stopped caring, and she will see that when she hears what he has to say. She tells him she is sick to death of this thing he has about EJ, sick of it. He turns to EJ, talking of how for months he has been working on this, knew what EJ did, but needing proof, ‘cause Sami would not believe him without proof. He followed a lot of dead leads, but tho it took him a long time, he has it now, he finally has it. It is over, EJ. It is all over.

Barb

I hope they are not trying to make this a mystery about who changed the results because CLEARLY we know who did it! I mean come on DAYS.

Love how Chloe's baby bump was kind enough to hide until she got the test results. LOL They seriously picked the wrong character for this storyline.

Thanks for the write up!

Thanks for the write up!
I really wish that when Sami finds out what EJ did she would either stay with EJ, since "nothing Rafe can say will change her mind about EJ" But if she leaves EJ, I would love for Rafe to turn her down when she tries to run back to him. I would love to see her get rejected!!!

I am totally clueless as to who switched the results!! I think it's a stupid story, but I cant start to guess who did it!

Thanks for the write-up. Yes Days is going to drag the yet to be finalized wedding for as long as possible Johnny, Sydney, and Allie might be in college before Rafe reveals the recording.

The baby switch story line is stupid. The only redeeming thing is Philip gets to be with Melanie so she does not end up with Nathan again.

The "who switched the results" seems like the most stupid of storylines... I've got a better one "who cares?"

Thanks for the write up Poirot. I am thinking I was right about who changed the results. All the others have mentioned being on the site and why. Or what they were doing. I so wish Sami found out today about EJ. I was sure it would be today. Seems like Sami can't stop talking long enough for anyone to tell her anything.

Thanks for the write-up. Yes Days is going to drag the yet to be finalized wedding for as long as possible Johnny, Sydney, and Allie might be in college before Rafe reveals the recording.

The baby switch story line is stupid. The only redeeming thing is Philip gets to be with Melanie so she does not end up with Nathan again.
amen to melanie staying with philip and not going back to nathan. thanks for the write up barb.

Thanks for the write up... Finally the Ej and Sami false romance will be done
Go Rafe Go:)

I hope they are not trying to make this a mystery about who changed the results because CLEARLY we know who did it! I mean come on DAYS.

I am not seeing it as clearly as you, slyn. I think it's mostly anyone's guess. I think Philip changed the results but I could be wrong. Who do you think did it?

I've got a better one "who cares?"

I care! I am finding this story riveting and I give the show kudos for parlaying a one night stand, not just into a "who's the daddy," but a "who switched the results" mystery. I love it.

Thanks for a great summary, Barb. One question. Did Chloe actually tell Philip that she got the results and that Daniel is her baby's father?

Not that we saw. She texted Philip, he only tells Melanie they are to go over there. He does seem quite happy, tho.

And honestly, the story is not riveting to me......tis boring....probably because it is dragged out too long, and I am also of the "who cares" opinion.

I'm in the "who cares" boat with the Sami/EJ/Sydney/Rafe/Nicole story. Talk about dragging on.

This is why the show has a variety of storylines going. There's something for everyone.

Poirot said:
Out comes Chloe in a lovely white dress, which plainly shows she is pregnant.

Earlier that same day, Chloe had on that tight little blue dress that looked like she had been melted and poured into it...now, it's plain she's pregnant!! :rotfl:

I'm also in the "Who cares?" category about the baby's paternity.

I am excited about the Chloe's baby and the DNA tests. I am enjoying it alot. So happy it looks like Melanie and Philip will stay together a little longer. I am also happy because I think I got it figured out for once LOL.

I am not seeing it as clearly as you, slyn. I think it's mostly anyone's guess. I think Philip changed the results but I could be wrong. Who do you think did it?

I care! I am finding this story riveting and I give the show kudos for parlaying a one night stand, not just into a "who's the daddy," but a "who switched the results" mystery. I love it.

Thanks for a great summary, Barb. One question. Did Chloe actually tell Philip that she got the results and that Daniel is her baby's father?

LOL I care too. I like the internal drama of it all. Living with guilt, lying to protect loved ones...how do you deal with those choices. Some days Chloe and Philip break my heart with how they act around their significant others. It is like they are waiting for their execution, and every day could be their last. I like seeing that.

Kpatch - I think it was Carly. If not Carly, then some sort of mix-up at St Marys. (Carly's dialogue in the episode to me is telling.) Because two of the suspects clearly couldn't have done it (mel & dan) - No way did Chloe do it, she left it all in Carly's hands. And they have been specifically painting Philip as willing to step up for the baby if it is his...and they even had him talk about Pocket and his choices there. So to me there is no way he is going to deny his child ..ESPECIALLY after seeing what happened to Melanie because of a lie like that. And besides Philip has evolved...they have purposely spent all of last year making him a better man, so he can fulfill a different role on the show. No longer is he the underdog.

Also another reason I think it is Carly is because of what Vivian told Melanie that day - "Carly will blow a hole in your life, and you will wish she had better aim the first time."

Thanks for the write up.

I actually think it's pretty interesting to see who switched the results. But, confused why Stephanie seems so guilty when she was clearly not the one who did. Or if she's guilty because she doesn't trust enough in her relationship with Nathan?

And, typical Sami-can't shut up for more than 2 seconds. Oy! Someone get that girl a muzzle.

I care big time...... I really want Daniel and Chloe to be happy and together. Love Philip and Melanie together too, I don't care who did the switch, I like the outcome tho.

Sami/EJ/ I couldn't care less, there s/l is so stupid right now what a dunder head Sami is.

I think it is going to be that St.Mary's lab made a mistake and corrected it immediately. Will have us all guessing for nothing. Still think Daniel is too old for Chloe. After all, she once was "involved" with his son-in-law which would make her more his daughter's age. Duct tape fixes everything. Anyone have any for Sami's mouth? Good gracious that girl needs to learn to shut up!

In Typical "Days" ptb Fashion . . .

. . . they let us think it might be Daniel who switched the results, but I think it's one of Philip's goons. Makes perfect sense to me! I don't care about that half as much as I care about Sami, Rafe and EJ!

I think Sami should shut her big yap for once. She always trusted Rafe and shouldn't stop now.

Sami drinks Salem Stupid Juice along with a bunch of other Salemites. Seems there aren't many people in Salem who don't drink that.

WHY are the writers dragging this out with Sami, Rafe and EJ????!!!! WHY didn't Sami listen to Grandma Caroline???? OR Maggie????? The two people in Salem who are not pickled almost daily on Salem Stupid Juice are Caroline and Maggie. Other than those two everyone else drinks it either daily or almost daily - lol. Oh well such is life in Salem!

Back