DAYS OF OUR LIVES - Tues., Dec. 31, 2013

Since when is the hospital Anne's? I'm not sure but I don't think the person in charge of HR is head of the hospital! :confused:

I think Gabi, Kate, Sami, EJ, and now Sonny and Will need to go to a 12 step program called MA...Murderers Anonymous, maybe they can get help for all their apathetic feelings about murdering people. Perhaps Stefano could be a sponsor for a few of them?!:rotfl:

For once Anne didn't what she was accused of, but given her track record, I don't blame Jennifer for thinking she was guilty. Too bad JJ reverted to bad behavior, even though his heart was in the wrong place.

I don't know if I see anything beyond friendship for Jennifer and Liam. Too early to tell. I feel sorry for anyone getting involved with Jennifer, as there is too much baggage and drama there. More than should be allowed by law. :rolleyes:

Sweet scene between JJ and Abby watching the fireworks. Nice to see sibling revelry instead of rivalry!

How naive are the three unwise people of Salem? Daniel, Nicole and Eric really thought Brady was going to change for the better in a nano second? No wonder he didn't want them to tell Maggie. Lousy.:mad:
I really like "soft Kate," when she is cooing over Arianna, who just keeps getting more adorable. That 2014 sash was priceless. :hug:

Even EJ haters just have to agree that he was quite fetching in his apron, getting his hands dirty, in the non-suit garb...well, for all of five minutes, anyway. When Sami didn't properly buss him at the stroke of midnight, his face just dropped. :rotfl: Looks like she is developing some self control, finally.

For a second there, I thought Liam and Jen were going to be the ones who kissed on New Year's Eve, and the same for Daniel and Nicole. Looks like the main romance in town right now is Will and Sonny. :clap:

While it was an uneventful show, it was still pretty darn good...let's hope we see more fireworks going off in 2014.

We were led to believe there would be an "unexpected" kiss on New Year's Eve, and I don't think pecks on the cheek are what they meant. Will & Sonny kiss all the time..nothing unexpected there.

There was some mention of EJ using his father's cleanup squad, and he only said the less you know the better. Which probably means that Stefano will soon be in on it, because if EJ doesn't tell him, the cleanup squad will.

Thanks for the summary. The show was uneventful and boring for me, but nice. I'm so tired of Brady, Jennifer & Liam bore me to tears. Where was the unexpected kiss? Is that to be airing tomorrow?

Days isn't on tomorrow. Maybe we'll see something Thurs.

Is EJ's transformation complete since he wore an apron today :)

Loved the sash Kate made for Ari.

Several cheek kisses on the show today.

I'm not sure who is the better actor, Brady or Theresa.
Does doing drugs make you a better one?

Glad to see Tad.

Let's hope 2014 is a better one in Salem and for everyone else.

In 2013 DAYS quite often spread a day in Salem over several days in the real world....I'm really hoping that the New Year's Eve episode will carry over until our Jan 2nd...when we will see Rafe and Jordan in action 'under that mistletoe" in his apartment.

I liked some parts of the show today, I must say. Though I did FF a lot of scenes : all the Liam and Jennifer scenes, really. Like I said before, I can't stand this Jennifer so I don't watch her anymore. And speaking about Jen Jen, let me say that I found it odd she would have a date on New Year's Eve when she always claims her family comes first. Especially a first date. I really think she should have spent the night with JJ and Abigail. Once again, it's Jennifer's interests before anyone else's. But I did like Abigail and JJ together, though at the beginning, I felt no sympathy for Abigail and her oh so sad face when she saw Cameron's message. Nope, don't care.

Brady, Eric, Daniel, Nicole : once again, great scenes, great acting. I think Brady did feel somewhat guilty, but the addiction is too strong now. He still has not reached rock bottom. Let's hope he's the only one he hurts and no one else in the process, as I hated seeing him manhandle and threaten Nicole.

The rest ? Kind of boring to me. I'm tired of the Nick's murder mystery, though I did like the scenes with Kate, Arianna and Gabi at the end of the show. But I still love Sonny and Will. And we got to see Tad, but not long enough in my taste. And like others, I'm disappointed that Lucas, and so many other characters weren't present. But maybe next show, we'll get to see them.

So... on that note : HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE ! :)

@Wilde Woman, #22:
Even EJ haters just have to agree that he was quite fetching in his apron, getting his hands dirty, in the non-suit garb...

Wait till you see him doing dishes!

@Katmouse, #30:
Several cheek kisses on the show today.
New DOOL STD policy? Some of the actors have been cautious (for want of another word) for years.

edited to fix quote....JS

A pretty uneventful New Year's Eve episode in Salem--after seeing so many eventful ones, including Sami and Rafe's kiss last year, it's hard to be really be excited about this year.

A few random thoughts though :)

Was there always a door to the right of the kitchen in Will and Sonny's apartment? I had never noticed that before until Kate came out of it with the sash.

Sami's sleeveless top was ridiculous under that thin leather jacket, especially when everyone else was dressed for colder weather.

Nothing unexpected with Brady. I feel like we just watched this exact same scene a month ago except it was Theresa.

Eric and Nicole are slowly becoming a couple to root for. This is how you write a romance, not by forcing it overnight as we are seeing with other couples I won't name.

I forgot to mention this last week but I thought it was interesting Nicole carried a tiny cross-body bag into Miles' office earlier in the day yet that somehow turned into a large tote when she got to the KMansion:).

I still hate Abby's skirt.

I felt for JJ. He really thought he was doing the right thing by Abby. Anne was once again beyond unprofessional by coming to Jen's house. Abby should have called the cops and had her arrested for trespassing.

EJ the Officer of the Court has a clean-up team? Sami acted like this was nothing. :mad: My money says Stefano knows all about Nick and then some already! Another day of great lines from Kate. She is much more interesting to watch as a single character than when she is attached. Roman was the exception though.

Since when did Sami work at the Brady Pub for years???? Do these writers think fans forget everything?

Back