Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 11, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Today was a jumble of scenes, pasted together into one show. Will do my best to cover it all. Jack & Jen arrive at the cop shop, are so happy to see Shawn back in Salem. He fills them in on Hope being turned into Gina. Light bulb goes off for Jennifer, who talks of the day she fell, how she had Rolf's flash drive, put it in laptop, saw his plan to turn Hope into Gina. Along comes Hope, Jen has her look, but “Hope” informs her, it is a done deal, she is Princess Gina already, and pushes Jen off the balcony. Jen is talking with Jack, sorry she did not remember, and was never able to tell, when she came out of the coma, that it really wasn't Hope. Jack is glad she didn't, because Gina might have killed her if she had.

Replay of yesterday's Steveano/Chad scenes, he is threatening to kill Abby, Hattie hiding behind the throne chair, Chad defending Abby, Stefano about to leave, has to find Marlena if last thing he does, Chad stops him, struggle, gun goes off, down goes Steveano. Everyone concerned, Chad shaking him, calling to him, he is telling Abby to call 911, but Steveano jumps up, smacks Chad with the gun, down goes Chad, out the door goes Steveano. Abby & Hattie tend to Chad, who really was not knocked out. No going after Steveano, they are locked in. (don't even ask how that can be done with a door to the outside).

Gina is with Marlena, at her hotel room, making her open the door. Inside, calm Marlena calls her Hope, Gina insists she is Princess G. Marlena says Gina died 20 years ago, John loves me. Gina says she & John shared great love back then, but it seems to have dissipated during the years they have been apart. She is holding that dagger at Marlena. She makes a call, plane is ready at airfield. Marlena opens door, there is Roman, Gina pushes Marlena down, out she goes. Roman has rushed to Marlena's aid, so Gina escapes.

Kayla is calling Julie about replacing the pacemaker, in comes Steveano, needs her help. Kayla thinks it is Steve, he tells her some baloney about Stefano kidnapping Marlena, shooting him, she cannot tell anyone he is there. He wants her to operate, remove the bullet right there, not in the ER. She ends up doing so, she talks of when she worked on his eye socket & had to remove his patch. He errs, saying it was in the E.R. - she cannot believe he doesn't remember it was his basement -they get into a big stupid discussion on how long they were together, went through so much, how badly he treated her at the end. He is sorry, that's life. Glad she is getting her anger and grievances out. Kayla gets really ticked off.

Kate is trying to get John to come to, he is groggy, but does, tells them he was drugged, Gina took Marlena. Rafe goes looking for them. Kate finally gets John to come to, she even has to do chest compressions, gives him water. Meanwhile, Gina is going to the airstrip, but runs into Rafe, he grabs her hand, she yells for help, claiming she doesn't know this man.

Gina supposedly passes out, comes to, all groggy, pretending to be Hope, surprised they are in Prague, claiming no memory of getting there. She wants him to fill her in, she is so shook up, asks him to hold her for a bit. She sneaks the dagger out from under her jacket, is about to plunge it into Rafe's back, Kate comes along, grabs her arm, takes the dagger.

Hattie fills Abby & Chad in on Steveano being Stefano (I thought they had figured that all themselves). They sit around, no phones to call for help, Hattie thinks the throne chair pretty comfortable, wants a cape or something, Abby puts a red throw around her shoulders. Hattie happy, but gets bored. Says at least Stefano/Steve said nice things, complimented her, and more. Suddenly, Shawn burst in, gun drawn, looking for Stefano, nope, not there.

John comes alone, reunites with his beloved Marlena, she fills him in on Stefano being in Steve's body. They talk of how, no matter what or who, they also get back with each other.

In Kayla's office, her phone goes off, Steveano sees it is Roman, (she doesn't), warns her not to answer, he has something he has to tell her. So while Kayla listens to him thanking her for taking care of him, Roman is leaving a message about Steve, with Stefano in him, don't talk to him, call the cops. Then, Steveano adds, I have one more favor to ask of you.

Then, will they explain what Rolf was doing with a chip, scalpel, blood all over???? Tho it did seem when "Hope" came to, nothing showed to indicate any incision. Maybe they changed story after filming. LOLOL

The Gina-Steve-ano nonsense continued today without mercy.

Gina's knife: The way she kept pointing that stupid thing at Doc Evans was really annoying. I kept wishing for somebody like Roman to burst in armed with a huge hunting knife and say: 'Put that itty-bitty thing down, Gina. I've got a real knife."

Product misuse: Steve-ano has certainly been misusing the new body Rolf so kindly provided for him -- today, getting it shot. One would think that he'd take better care of his new physical self. It's not like Rolf has a whole line-up of replacements stashed away somewhere. And when poor Steve finally gets his body back, he's going to feel like a hotel manager whose rooms have been trashed by rowdy guests. When the nonsense is all over, Kayla is going to have to prescribe some serious R&R for Steve's poor, battered bod.

Wretched excess: How much can Chad and Abigail be asked to tolerate? Today, they had to endure all sorts of stupid threats from Steve-ano and Hattie's background blather. Chad could be forgiven for getting nostalgic for when all he had to deal with was Mia being pregnant, and Abigail could be excused for wishing for the peace and quiet of a Bayview padded cell.

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot.

Great seeing Jack and Jen today. I'm glad she finally remembered who pushed her.

Shawn is still in Salem.

Fun to see Hattie being Hattie again. It was funny when she thought Chad and Abby
should treat
her like royalty.

It was odd that Chad and Abby both left their phones in the car. Who does that?
I leave mine in the car when I go places. Mine is still a dumb phone and no
one has that phone number.

Abby made a comment about now they know why Hope was behaving so strangely.
Hattie said some of it :)

This must be women save the day week. Marlena saved John. Today Kate had to help
John and save Rafe.

I wish I knew why so many characters have been dumbed down so badly. Yep, sure hope we get Steve Johnson back, intact, minus that foolish Stefano persona........but I have a hunch, he is going to be hangin' around longer than Gina will.

agree, Kat about the phones in the car. O.K. if Chad did maybe, but not Abby. Hers should have been in her purse, his should have been in inside pocket......after all.....no phoning or texting while driving. That was stupid beyond belief. Rather one got left at home, and one was out of battery life. (I did read somewhere, that no matter where you are, or if you have dead battery, a 911 call will go thru!

Kate finally gets John to come to, she even has to do chest compressions, gives him water.

John was drugged, did his heart stop?? And then she gave him water??? This doesn't sound safe or sane, but then again, it's Days. I'm just surprised she didn't whip out a sphygmomanometer out and take his blood pressure.

But due to her heroics today,everyone will gloss over the fact she's known all along and not talked. Disgusting.

I just hope when Steve gets his body back, his eye is still good without the patch. I haven't watched today's episode yet but when I watched yesterday's, I kept thinking how good looking Steve is without that patch! I know a lot of you liked it but it was always a distraction for me.

I agree, that whole knife thing was ridiculous. They've made Gina look and act silly throughout this entire story.

I wish I knew why so many characters have been dumbed down so badly.
Agree. It's so pointless. Smarter characters would equal better plots and better scenes. (Who would ever had read novels about dumb Sherlock Holmes or clueless Hercule Poirot?) I've repeatedly complained about how un-Phoenix the awful Steve-ano is. He never uses Stefano's speech patterns (e.g., he never rolls his r's), does all sorts of stupid things, or gives himself gravitas and savoire faire by reading a book, listening to Italian opera records, enjoying a fine brandy, or studying a chessboard. And does Justin have to be such an awful lawyer? Instead of that half-baked prison escape scene, they could have had him win Ben's last-ditch appeal through brilliant lawyering, only to have Ben face all the same social rejection that he endured after the necktie stranglings. And does the Salem P.D. have to be so bad? Why not have it earn a good rep thanks to the clever sleuthing of Rafe and the absence of pathetic excuses for officers like would-be nun Lani.

Back