Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 26, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Yep, at the debate, it all hit the proverbial fan. Replay of Jack asking Trask about her stance on illegal immigration. She tries to avoid,.gets pinned down, finally says against it. Jack brings up her sister, illegally here, Trask denies even having a sister. In JJ's apt., Haley is having a meltdown at JJ. There is a long, drawn out confrontation, she barely lets him say a word, as she talks of trusting him, how she asked him dozens of times not to tell, or did he tell, and he lied to her. She finally lets him explain, but it doesn't make a thing better.

Meanwhile, Jen has called an end to the debate, asked for final statements from both candidates, Trask says to ignore the sideshow, this boils down to who could serve the town better, and she has proved herself already. Abe & Sheila avoid the reporters and slip out to the Pub. Trask just says no truth to the accusations and leaves.

Jennifer pulls Jack aside, asking what the blazes did he think he was doing to their son. How could he? Jack does his “protecting him” excuse, but JJ comes roaring in, grabs Jack, drags him out to some other area, in that snow free park, and really socks it to him.(Very good scenes) Jack tries to plead the protecting him reasons, but JJ is having none of it. He mentions Eve manipulating Jack, who retaliates with Haley manipulating JJ. He says I thought I could trust you, I was wrong. And you proved it. I can't. You are not the father I remember. Jack admits he isn't, because he doesn't remember being his father. JJ says he won't have to concern himself with it, because he is out of Jack's life, and storms off.

Melinda has gone to the apartment to talk to Haley, gives her a hard time about telling anyone, when she was told to keep her mouth shut. Haley is trying to make Trask see that family comes first, not anything else, but Trask is pretty adamant that she has worked for this her whole life. She wants Haley to lay low. Haley says she has to work. Then avoid, don't admit anything, don't say anything. She points out that some reporter is going to dig, know Haley lived with Trask, was put thru school by her, paid her bills, etc. There are neighbors, teachers, etc. Trask says then we handle it. Deny everything. She leaves, telling Haley she is on her own now.

Abe & Sheila have a nice, long conversation at the Pub, over a drink, all about how she admitted her fault, resigned, he would not accept, says she is fun around the office, even if not all that efficient. Eventually he leaves, Sheila finishes her beer.

Gabi is with Brady at Kmansion, talking over Gabi Chic, DiMera Enterprises, etc. She tells how Stefan fired her the minute Chad stepped down, suggests Brady hire her at Titan, they can take down Stefan. They talk about Chloe & Stefan, he texts Chloe, she is o.k. He suggests to Gabi she call Shin, see if the board approved Stefan taking apart the successful Gabi Chic business, big money maker, and is not Gabi Chic without Gabi. Brady figures she can get her job back, and they CAN take down Stefan together. Gabi ponders this.

Jennifer sees Jack with Eve, asks Jack how JJ is, Jack says he is upset. Jen asks what did he expect. Eve says they only were doing what Jen always advocates, getting at the truth. Then claims that Jen is only upset because instead of checking like good reporters do, she did nothing, and they uncovered the fact that Haley was undocumented, and was Trask's sister. Jen tells Jack what they did was unconscionable, and “you two deserve each other”.

Chloe & Stefan chat, talk about chess, guess he broke some of the pieces the other day, he asks if she plays, did years ago with his dad. Stefan tells her to have a game with him, he will tell her which direction the pieces go. They play, she loses. They hear a noise, go to check outside the front door. Nothing, nobody. Chloe & Stefan say goodnight, she goes upstairs. Outside the door, a breeze seems to cause the green leafed branches to sway a bit. Or is it the breeze?

Some scenes seemed overdone, stretched out. i.e. Haley yelling at JJ, she says the same things over and over.
Don't know how Chloe & Stefan heard any thud......they both talk of the kids being so noisy, but nary a peep is ever heard from them. LOL
Forgot to mention that JJ returns to apt., finds Haley packing her things, moves out. He talks of getting lawyer uncle to help, but she is out of there.
Also, just an FYI, but Gabi moved into Kmansion now, since Will & Sonny are in jail. (amazing no one is able to bail them out, huh?)

I'm thinking Trask may be telling the truth. We've all speculated that maybe Haley is her daughter, so she doesn't have a sister.

Gabi Chic a goldmine? I'm still not even sure what it is? Does she design and make things? Who else works for Gabi Chic?

Still looks like they are heading to an Abe/Sheila pairing. Oh boy.

So we're supposed to believe that Victor and Kate would let Will and Sonny rot in jail? Ummm...okay.

Can someone shove Jack into an elevator and keep him there until he regains his memories. Him being Eve's pawn is getting old.

JS, that would actually make more sense than Trask (who's a freaking lawyer) not being able to get citizenship for her little sister. Haley would think she's illegal because she doesn't have her birth certificate since Melinda doesn't want her to know the truth.

So how long before Brady and Gabi teaming up to take down Stefan becomes a tumble in the sheets?

When Jen-Jen is the most logical person in an episode things are not good.

...[Stefan] asks if [Chloe] plays, did years ago with his dad.
confused.jpg I don't remember Chloe's ever playing chess with Stefano.

So how long before Brady and Gabi teaming up to take down Stefan becomes a tumble in the sheets?
Given Brady's track record, it probably won't be long.

As the "debate" was getting more and more off-track, I did have to wonder when the moderator was going to moderate. So, after Trask points that out, Jennifer ends the fiasco. Pretty sad. I like the idea that Haley might be Trask's daughter, but she is such a horrible person, I don't wish that on anyone, and I felt so sad for Haley when Trask kept saying that she doesn't have a sister. I still think this is a lame storyline.

And, in the scenes with Abe and Sheila having a drink, it looked to me like Abe got up and excused himself shortly after Sheila covered his hand with hers and said she was in his court. To me, he seemed uncomfortable and said he had to go call Val.

Any idea when the Stefan actor will be changing? They are definitely going for a Chloe/Stefan relationship.

Jack: Pity this poor man. He's been stuck in an Afghan cave, pitched down a flaming elevator shaft, and now he's not only lost his memory, but his common sense and moral standards as well. The real Jack would not have been at the center of the cheap spectacle that occurred during the big debate.

Melinda: This one doesn't belong in politics. In addition to having the personality of a Tasmanian devil, she she actually answered a pointed, yes-no question from a hostile spectator. She should take a tip from Jenny and learn how to say, "No comment."

Jenny: The next time there's a political debate in Salem, somebody other than Jenny should be selected as moderator. Ironically, the woman who's so good at confrontational rants, didn't tell Jack to shut up and sit down until the candidates were ready to take questions from the audience.

Parker: Moving from the K-mansion may be the break of a lifetime for him. Chloe ought to buy him a chess book, have him tutored by the coach of the Salem High chess team, and then use Stefano's historic chess set to become the first grandmaster in Salem history. After all, there's more of a future in being a chess expert than in playing with toy trains.

Stefan Zero: If he really wants to protect Chloe, he ought to so something about his front door. As shown today, it's just a wooden door with a simple bolt lock. How can something that could be blown down by the Big Bad Wolf protect the diva from fanatical Noodlites?

Last edited:
Stefan Zero: If he really wants to protect Chloe, he ought to so something about his front door. As shown today, it's just a wooden door with a simple bolt lock. How can something that could be blown down by the Big Bad Wolf protect the diva from fanatical Noodlites?
In addition, there are windows on either side of the door. All someone would have to do is break the window next to the doorknob, reach in and undo the lock.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot. I'm so disgusted with Jack. I'm glad JJ let him have it. On the other hand, there was absolutely no reason for JJ to break his promise and solemn word to Haley by telling Jack about her in the first place. He's proven he can't be trusted to keep his word, so Haley should not put herself in a position to trust him again.

I hope there is some interesting twist to this otherwise painful-to-watch storyline, like maybe as some have suggested, Melinda would turn out to be Haley's mother. That would explain why she would adamantly deny that she has a sister who is illegal, and tell Haley to deny it and they would handle it when the time comes, if someone should dig further into it.

Thanks, Poirot.

I have to agree that Melinda didn't lie about Haley being her sister if
she's her actual mother.

And I hope Brady can keep his pants on around Gabi.

Sad day for the Deveraux family. Jack throwing Haley under the bus
made JJ and Jennifer very upset.

Interesting to see Stefan lock the door.. but why isn't there someone with
security
outside the door?

Thanks so very much for the summary!

Can someone shove Jack into an elevator and keep him there until he regains his memories. Him being Eve's pawn is getting old.
I have liked Jack most of the time, but at this time he deserved the rwath of JJ. If he doesn't take himself out of the "Eve Orbit" he will be ruined for me. Why would the writers have to ruin yet another long-time characters?
The real Jack would not have been at the center of the cheap spectacle that occurred during the big debate.
This one doesn't belong in politics. In addition to having the personality of a Tasmanian devil, she she actually answered a pointed, yes-no question from a hostile spectator.

I'm still not liking Gabi's new style. She is "Fast Forward Queen" on my playback...although there are a few more than her! Gabi and Brady make my stomach hurt!

I'm thinking Trask may be telling the truth. We've all speculated that maybe Haley is her daughter, so she doesn't have a sister.
I would actually welcome this as a storyline instead of the nutso "Who's the Daddy" storylines we've had. I would happy analyze a "Mommy's Machinations" storyline - why did she do it? Although... working that hard to raise a "little sister" isn't going to be different than raising your own kid as a single mom - Trask would still have worked just as hard (to hear her tell it, she did), so what's the difference? Maybe shame? Maybe she wanted that label of "caring martyr" among her co-workers?

Surprised that hasn't happened yet, considering Brady's track record with Women Who Are Wrong For Him.

Meanwhile, I can't wait until Jack remembers who he is (and who Jen is) because he is going to feel SO INCREDIBLY GUILTY about ratting out Haley and tossing JJ under the bus. I can't stand him and Eve together - no, they are *not* allowed to be the new Power Couple of Evil. I want him back with Jen and get some of that crazy investigative stuff going on again. Or at least until the writers give Jack another wild hair to chase and have him disappear and be presumed dead again for a couple of years until he's convenient and needed.

Back