Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 12, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, January 12, 2016

At the highschool, Theo & Ciara are going to their lockers, Theo opens his to find a nasty flyer left by the person who is bullying him. Ciara is incensed, Theo wants her to just forget it, Chase comes up, she tells him, is still incensed. Theo really wants her to forget it, he leaves. Claire arrives, is going to the Community Center for the first session for the singing program. She goes on about being upset about her mother, has talked to her father. Ciara notes that it is between them, not her fault, or anything she can do now. Claire leaves, Ciara is still upset about Theo's bully, takes off, Chase looks a bit discouraged. Later, Claire finds him sitting on a bench, she is on her way to the Center, he asks her if she ever feels like she is invisible, as if no one notices she is there. Yep. He takes off, she looks wistfully after him.

In the square, Abe & Lani are at a table, talking of going to Chicago for dinner & a play Abe spots Theo, invites him, he declines. Abe gets a call, leaving Lani to talk with Theo, she can see something is bothering him, asks him to let her be his sister & help. He opens up about the bully, she listens, just says to ignore the person, it is their problem, not his. Abe returns, wants to go see a movie, has the rest of the day off. So does Lani, who agrees to go. Ciara arrives, wants to talk to Theo, Ave & Lani leave, Ciara apologizes to Theo for sounding off about going after the bully. She knows she should butt out, let him handle it.

Rafe & Hope have wrapped up Stefano's body in a white sheet, and Rafe says now to clean the place up, blood stains, etc. (sorry, folks, this is a ridiculous premise and scene). Hope is distracted by a photo of Stefano, but Rafe snaps her back into getting busy. No idea what they do, but she does put the chess pieces back up on that table. She mentions a passage leading into a tunnel, so they can get Stefano's body to Rafe's truck. They wheel him out. Next, they are carrying the body down in the bowels of some building, one that is being torn down tomorrow. There will be nothing left of him. They finally drop him, and cover him up with boards, debris, wooden crates, etc. Before they leave, Hope does a goodbye speech to Stefano, reciting all the bad stuff he has done to many people, and their families, including taking Bo. He is where he belongs, with the garbage.
They go to Hope's house, she doesn't like dragging him into her mess. He is fine with it. She calls for Ciara & Chase, not home. Rafe uses Stefano's credit card to charter a plane, and then sends messages to both Andre' & Chad, advising them he went out of town.

Over in their room at the Martin house, Abby is stunned at Chad's proposal. But he is very sincere, she is hesitant, but he pleads earnestly, they have talked about being together with their soon, he wants that, doesn't want anything else. He jumps out of bed, is down on his knees on the side of the bed, asking again. But next, she is wearing a pajama top, protesting about having a wedding now, not a good time. He suggests eloping, no she replies. He even talks of taking care of all arrangments himself. She protests about how she made the bad decision about Ben, and so much happened. He just talks of wanting the 3 of them together, a family, no other family for him, he wants to give their son his name, even if it is DiMera. She finally says yes, she will marry him. (he is shirtless, but wearing pants now). They kiss, and the door opens, Andre' walks in. What have we hear, he states. He expected to find Chad with Belle, and look what he is seeing. (hate that smirky grin Andre' has). Chad tells him that he has asked Abby to marry him, she has said yes. Andre' refers to "la familigia", Chad seems to just be staring, Abby gets alarmed, tells Chad not to listen, steps in front of Chad, telling Andre' to stay away from them all. Andre' is grinning, Abby is telling Chad to remember them, and what he just had told her. Chad finally looks at her, says all is well, I would never forget you or our son. He turns to Andre'.....it is over. Andre' wonders if what he told them about Belle was true. Chad assures him it was, Belle knows nothing. He now tells Abby to take Thomas, go home, he will see her later. She is leery, but will leave, and call him if he is not there in 1/2 hour.

Now Chad tells Andre' it is over, the brainwashing, the hypnosis, Thomas is his son, and with Abby, they are his family. He wants nothing to do with Andre' or Stefano. Andre' protests, DiMera blood is coursing thru his veins. But Chad tells him the Dimeras have nothing, no money, no allies, no friends. Warns him to not come near Abby, Thomas, himself or Belle. That if he does, Chad will make him sorry he was ever born. Andre's starts to chuckle, but leaves. Abby is at home, about to call Chad, when he arrives. She is happy to see him.

Steve is at Ava's door, returning the envelope of pictures she dropped. Ava thanks him, plays him like a violin, asking if he wasn't curious about who the baby is. So he asks, looks at the pictures again, says the baby looks like her, has her eyes. She is sad, but smiles, yes, he does. And gives him a whole song and dance about having had this baby, but her father, in drugging her, convinced her it was all just a delusion of her mind. You know how he was. She only found out recently that it was true. She "remembered" it all very well. Fell in love with this guy, very happy, he vanished on their wedding day, she learned she was pregnant. Steve is looking grim. So, you are saying this is MY son. Yes, she says so sadly. She has no idea where he is, her father sold him on the black market, and in the little time she has left, she wants to find their son. Will you help me, Steve. Help find our son? (Yes, a few tears are added here.)

Andre' returns to DiMansion, throws open the study door, room is dark, he is calling out for Father. No answer. He ventures into the room, walking to the chess table, saying "Hmmmm??" He picks up one chess piece. How odd....Father would never let his king be put in this position.

I'm not an Abby fan, but I did like how she stood up to Andre. Reminded me of a young Jennifer Horton! I thought the scenes with Hope were all over the place. One second she remembered everything, next she didn't. I still think it's Chase who is the bully. Lani is growing on me and I think the actress is growing to in her acting.

The teen scenes I just find annoying and boring. I have been around Autistic children, both high functioning and severe and Theo is not playing an autistic child, more like a boring guy. I did enjoy the Rafe and Hope scenes. As for Abby in bed naked with Chad, so soon after having a baby, well, don't even get me started!!!!

Today was the writers' "let's make Rafe look like an inept criminal conspirator" day. Could his quickie clean-up really have removed every trace of blood spatter, any blood visible with a UV light, all traces of his or Hope's DNA, and any trace of the bullet that went right through the Phoenix's right shoulder? And what makes him think that nobody will find Stefano because the building where he was dumped is about to be demolished. Demolition crews often haul away the rubble, and, if so, could be in for a bit of a surprise. Finally, what is a charter service going to think when nobody shows up for the flight? Wouldn't it make inquiries? The astute Andre has already noticed the misplaced chess king. What else might he notice? That said, the one group that the two plotters probably don't have to worry about is the Salem P.D.'s forensics unit. Based on its performance during the Ford Decker affair, it probably couldn't detect any trace of a dead body if it was dumped on the steps of police headquarters.

Abigail was unfortunately the best part of the show today. And Chad too, I guess.

I'm not interested in the kids at the moment, nor have I any interest in Hope/Rafe. They underestimate Andre's intelligence, apparently, and should have been more careful with the chess board. While realistically, nobody else would have paid mind to it, Hope of all people should know how important chess was for Stefano. It was rare for anyone to enter that house and him not be in front of that board, most especially in recent years. I'll be glad when this story ends and we can move on to something better.

That truly did bug me about the chartered plane, for exactly the reason stated. Does Rafe have someone board the plane as Stefano? If so, then one has another person in on the secret. So, that will not be the case. As Dr. Baker noted, sloppy work here. And then, what did they do with the wheelchair?

Somehow I don't see Stefano texting Chad and Andre to tell them he's suddenly heading off on a trip. And what about the cameras all over the DiMera property? Why didn't any staff hear the gunshot, or see anyone around? There are so many holes here. And why would he use a charter service, anyway? Doesn't he own a private jet? Or are we supposed to think he lost it when Sami swiped his money?

I must be too focused on wheels today. Not only do we not know what happened to the wheelchair, Abigail carried the baby out of the bedroom rather than using the baby carriage which I didn't see in the very small room. Maybe someone needed spare parts for a penny-farthing.

Stefano has no money to pay pilots, fuel, etc. for his own plane, (am guessing). But he did mention already he was leaving town, and also it was mentioned that the staff all had the day off.
As to cameras........DiMansion has not had those (well, not mentioned any) in ages and ages. And Hope entered via the kitchen or some way that eliminated her using the front gate. No idea how Rafe got in.
Rafe told Hope that Stefano could have decided to leave earlier, because of his confrontation with her........we will see what comes of all that.

I am sorry but these new writers are not good. The whole Hope revenge story when she has a daughter and stepson at home that both just lost their father. Now today Patch, after day after day talking about not trusting Ava, just falls right into her trap. I guess we need to put on some dummy glasses or maybe have a few drinks when watching this show.

Sorry, I had the page open from before I went to the dentist, and it only loaded up the first couple of posts which happened in the mean time when I hit post.

So did they say that they'd sold the plane etc, or are we just assuming?

A few comments...

Teen Claire likes One Direction? Talk about a stretch. Their key demo is about 5-8 years younger than our all-purpose teen scene.

Steadicam overuse...I hate this on other TV shows. Please don't use it a lot. (Reminds me of the end of Guiding Light.)

Didn't like the look of the High School. It wouldn't have bothered me if ALL scenes were shot that way. Jarring to go back & forth.

I guess I'm supposed to forget everything I know about Steve. Including stuff from last month, to buy this Ava crapola on a cracker.

LOVED ...Chad's proposal: Wonderful! Abby standing up to André: FIERCE!! Chad's blank stare as André tried to hypnotise him with "La Famiglia" - Oscar worthy! The bright spots in an otherwise painful show.

I'm guessing Theo's bully is John's natural mother?

Back