Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 19, 2016

I'm somewhat intrigued by the Deimos story but I'm irritated that these current writers have come up with yet another brother of Victor's that no one knew about until now. I mean, really? I can take Deimos being someone seedy from Victor's past in Greece. Okay. Why not a cousin or older brother of Xander or even a son of an old enemy of Victor's? The thing that really bothers me is what Just Samantha brought up in another thread about the fact that Deimos is approximately the same age as Bo (give or take a few years). It was even mentioned onscreen today that Victor hadn't seen Deimos for 30 years and that he was 20 at the time. I'm not completely clear on when Victor showed up in Salem but are we to presume then that this incident re: Helena occurred right before he came back to the States from Greece? I guess they sort of covered their tracks by saying Deimos is the son of Victor's father from a second marriage but it still seems weird to me.

Belle is a sl...well I don't think I can say that word here. Holy cow! I thought she would at least have a moment's pause once Claire told her she knew about her plans with Philip to go to Vegas but good grief as soon as Philip closed the door at the hotel she was on him like the horny little tart she is! Wow. That's the thing that's really irritating here. I could understand if there was more of a "connection" between her and Philip and I felt some of the nostalgia and history coming through here but I just don't. Belle is coming across as a sex-starved, selfish, horrible mother. I still love the actress but right now I can't stand Belle.

Where is Kayla????? Today's editing was weird. Toward the end of the episode I almost forgot that Steve/Ava were even on because there was a huge gap in their scenes. I hope Kayla is found safe and Ava found responsible very soon.

I liked the scenes with Brady/Marlena and Brady/Nicole. I also thought the Nicole scenes where she was talking to her alter ego were pretty good too. So is John going to believe that this woman is his mother based on her comments about his birthmark. LOL. Come on, John. When will you learn?!

And yes, I loved the time travel today. Shawn from Maine to Salem, John from Salem to New Orleans, Belle and Philip from Salem to Las Vegas all within an episode. LOL.

One of today's better quotes was Steve asking Ava what's wrong with her. Shouldn't he have figured this out long ago?? And as was asked previously, where did the Vitali crime queen stash poor Kayla? As soon as Steve learns that his wife is missing, he'll actually have something in common with Andre -- a missing family member. As for John, before he starts listening to the latest version of his life's story from his newest mother, shouldn't he get a DNA test? On second thought, perhaps not. Somebody will switch the results -- maybe just for the fun of it. Finally, lawyer Belle by taking a trashy trip to Vegas with Shaggy Phil is doing her best to live up the standards of the Salem Bar -- standards set by lawyers like EJ, Aiden, and Carrie "Princess Hag" Reed.

Ah, thank you Jason. I suppose perhaps the writers actually looked at the timeline here and matched it up accordingly. I still don't like this whole thing with "brothers" falling out of thin air which seems to be the running theme with the past two writing regimes.

Yes, Ava is staying at the B&B Doug and Julie own.. is Kayla under the bed?

I still don't have any good words for Belle...Tink stinks

I'm glad Victor told Maggie about Deimos and we don't have to wait weeks
to know what happened years ago.

Was this first time Marlena has seen Brady since the accident?

I enjoyed Nicole talking to her subconscious. I hope Nicole can be the woman
Daniel fell in love with. When Nicole listened to Daniel's heart, it reminded
me of the episode on St Elsewhere. Dr Morrison listened to his wife's heart
in another patient.

Except that I think Kayla might be a bit more than Ava would be able to carry? Ava looks like she weighs 80 lbs. soaking wet. I was surprised she was able to drag Kayla into her room.
So, o.k. I love MaryBeth Evans, whether she is Kayla, or another character.

Kat...thank you for the St. Elsewhere reference. I loved that show, absolutely loved it.

I guess we were to gather that marlena has been to see Brady before........and probably John saw Eric. I just was disappointed/surprised that when Marlena said she had to go see Brady, that John did not at least say "give him my love".
And yes, DNA test should be first thing on John's agenda, with perhaps Kayla doing it herself.

The Nicole scenes were just creepy to me. It took me a couple scenes to figure out it was 2 Nicoles and not Nicole and someone else. Shades of Aiden. To me she is unwatchable right now because I'm not buying what she is selling. And the Daniel mourning has officially surpassed Bo.

Belle is acting COMPLETELY out of character. No way this is the same woman who lined after Shawn for years. I hope this is an imposter. Nice to see Shawn back in Salem though. Maybe he can set his mother straight. Also, great father-daughter chemistry with Claire.

I would have liked to have seen more than a 30 second scene with Brady and Marlena. I guess I should be satisfied she called him Honey. Will he call her Mom next?

Not interested in Kate, Basic Black, or the coffee shop as offices.

Interesting what Deimos did with the cup and saucer.

John, I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

The Salem time warp and magic travel portal were in full effect today.

Where are Kayla and Jennifer and what happened to them? We last saw them on Friday.

O.K. After the first one, I really like Nicole getting scolded by her better self. The scene was well done, and Ari Zucker gets double ...no, triple points for her acting in those scenes. From me.

As to the rest of your post, Heather, Yep.......all the way.

I should clarify my post. I think Arianne Zucker (Nicole)'s acting has been stellar as always. What I'm not buying is the fact that suddenly Daniel is the love of her life when the show has established multiple times that it is Eric.

O.K. I can accept that premise. Not totally agree, but accept it. And yes, Days HAS indicated that Nicole's love has been Eric. However, Eric has not always been portrayed as believing that nicole was his.
And thus, we have that old .....new writers changing previous writers' concepts, along with returning writer attempting to keep their created character up front no matter what. (and yes, I am pointing a finger at YOU, Dena Higley).

Thanks for the summary. Once again, a "meh" episode. I'm liking scenes like Brady/Marlena, Brady/Nicole, even the bit of Theresa today. Wouldn't mind a short redux of Brady & Nicole, just because I really can't stand him with Theresa. Terrible pairing. I wouldn't mind a Theresa/Chad/Abigail love triangle.

Belle, like Hope and Rafe, is acting just so out of character. I really can't get into her storyline at all. Why is she neglecting her kid (just as Hope is)? And Philip is sooo sleazy. Never liked him, but he's even worse now. Don't know why he needed to come back. I'd rather have had Nathan return. I'm glad that Shawn-Douglas returned and he and Claire seem to work well together as father/daughter from what I've seen so far.

Really hope John isn't stupid enough to believe (yet) that this woman is his mother. Then again, it's John we're talking about. He passed on his stupidity to Brady; Marlena passed on her cheating/trampy ways to her kids too.

I just can't with the Ava thing. Where the heck is Kayla? What's up with these writers and continuity? And how is Patch the spy buying what she's selling about "their son"?

I think Kate decided she has run out of Salem men that would sleep with her, so she put a chip in Belle to turn her into a Kate mini me.

Maggie/Victor, Brady/Theresa, Brady/Nicole, and Monday's Eve/Justin scenes were great. I don't know how to put into words just why I liked them so much. Less dramatic? Un-soapy? More down-to-earth? Honest? I don't think I can credit the writers much, but I really hope that tptb can manage to keep the director responsible for those scenes! Brady/Nicole's hospital scene was stunning, the musical accompaniment beautiful. I am puzzled by my new-found sensitivity; I can assure you that I am not "under the influence!" :)

Does Deimos resemble Tom Cruise? I'd like to have a couple of those insulated, stainless steel, HTS coffee cups.

Will Shawn decide to take a Vegas vacation?

If Eric can recover quickly enough, he would be very useful to the ISA, who could hide him from the SPD. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nicole scenes were just creepy to me. It took me a couple scenes to figure out it was 2 Nicoles and not Nicole and someone else. Shades of Aiden. To me she is unwatchable right now because I'm not buying what she is selling.

I thought they had two NIcoles on yesterday's show, because it was Tuesday :)

I think that somewhere, down the line, we are going to see someone else do the same thing with the cup and saucer......it could be a signal of some kind, or an indication that "I am the person you are to meet". Or I am of the same "organization/group, etc."

They apparently cut out the scene where John gave Maude a gift, this book:

Areyoumymother.gif

Funny, JS ! And just for fun also, John now reminds me of a little character we had way back when, on a French kid's program. Zig Zag was his name. The strange looking animal kept looking for his mom and dad, asking every other animal if they were his parents, not believing them when they told him they were not. On the final "episode", he finally comes across his real parents, but the poor little guy needs convincing. It's in French, but if some of you want to see, here is Zig Zag's final segment :

Anyway, I just can't help imagining John, going to everyone and anyone, asking if they are his "real parents". Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back