Days of Our Lives - Tues. Jan. 21, 2020

I heard some of the hearing stuff will go on till midnight, at least on some days. 1:00 p.m. to midnight. Ugh! There's really no way for me to watch Days, but so far I don't mind too much. I don't much want to watch all the misery unfold anyway. I appreciate so much that some of you are watching it and writing up summaries and comments. Some of the stuff I'd rather read about than watch.

I was thinking the same thing as Just Samantha, about Summer or Tony/Anna or the others being possibilities as having killed Adrienne. I'm hoping, along with KathyLu and anyone else, that it is Summer.

I think it HAS to be Summer. There is no way they would have Maggie really kill anyone, or cover it up. So, even though Vic and Xander think Maggie did it, it will eventually come out. They wouldn't have brought that stupid Summer back just to pop in and say she is dying. I still don't understand why they brought back Anna and Tony, just to have them leave again, but there is no reason for them to have killed anyone. I don't think they would have left town if they had done it.

Sonny is joined by Gabi, who brags about her CEO position now
Colour me flummoxed - I had forgotten Shin replaced Gabi with Tony. This is gripping!
NBC is still doing hearing coverage.
NBC is the worst with their talking heads. News I get; big stuff I get. But they blather on for hours. When I was in Orlando, the other channels stopped covering, but NBC went to blather on during the break. (Vindman's testimony day.)
Victor thinks he's nuts and it's a bad idea to get attached to a baby that's not his
This from a man who admires his own step-son, the late sainted Dr Orange, to his own planned child, Philip.

Adrienne seemed to be laying on the horn earlier than Will was hearing it. I might have to watch more carefully but I'm with everyone else - give the throwaway the "murder" rap. (Apparently negligent vehicular homicide gives you the near-death penalty in Salem.)

I still don't understand why they brought back Anna and Tony, just to have them leave again, but there is no reason for them to have killed anyone.
Soap Opera Digest had a little blurb from Ron Carlivati (head writer) who said there wasn't "enough room" on the show for Tony and Anna at the moment, so he wrote them out by sending them out of town, and hopes to bring them back at some point.
“With so much going on, what we realized is there really wasn’t room for Tony and Anna when we came back after the time jump.”

Having not watched the episode it seems weird that it would be Maggie. How would she have time to get drunk and get on the road to cause the accident? Summer certainly makes more sense especially since she's an expendable character.

Especially since Maggie's still at the house, and hasn't yet taken a drink when Adrienne and Sarah are blinded by the oncoming headlights. Will, Summer, Tony & Anna, and possibly Abby, are all out driving at that time.

My guess is that Maggie drinks, drives drunk and wrecks. Somehow Victor and Xander find her, assume she caused the accident and get her out of there. Since she passed out, she has no memory of what happened and they keep it to themselves.

Here's my guess:

Maggie jumps in car to stop Summer from driving, etc. (Immediately or in 2-20 Salem minutes - does it matter?)
Summer crashes with Adrienne.
Maggie's in the car, perhaps shifted around, probably unconscious.
Summer flees.
Victor finds Maggie and booze in the accident-causing car, frames Will, asks no questions. Etc.

I just think it's really cheap writing that NOBODY EVER drives in Salem until it's car crash time. Lazy too.

Meanwhile why couldn't Tony and Anna hang out in the other wing of the DiMansion? Or why can't their shares be valuable? Etc. (Don't tell me they don't have some - anything goes if DA PLOT calls for it. Ron just can't write grey and happy characters.)

I was able to watch Days ON Demand. It was on there earlier than usual.

Thanks, Poirot and JS for the summary.

I didn't realize the K mansion was so far from town. It was taking Adrienne a
long time to get Sarah to the hospital even with fixing the tire. Also, were
they on a country road first? Why didn't anyone stop to help fix the flat?
That's right, it's Salem
:)

Hopefully, Adrienne and Sarah aren't far from town now, otherwise it might take
a long time for anyone to find them.

And where did Summer go after she left the mansion? Is she dead now?

I'm glad Tony forgave Anna right away for what she did. I hope we see them
again sometime.

Interesting to see two offices today, Victor was in one and Will and Abby were
at The Spectator.

Line of the day goes to Summer. Summer told Maggie she hid in the bushes
until Victor left.

Adrienne fixing the flat allowed enough time for Maggie to catch up.
Usually, every thing in Salem is within a block of each other, and a few steps in the square. O.k., with Sarah in labor, drive her. but now a half dozen are in cars...past midnight???

Usually, every thing in Salem is within a block of each other, and a few steps in the square. O.k., with Sarah in labor, drive her. but now a half dozen are in cars...past midnight???
Even if fixing flat gave enough for Maggie to catch up to them why would she be coming from the opposite direction??

I thought about different ideas and guesses I might have about what happened, but I am finding also that I just don't care. I keep tuning in to see if it gets more interesting, but it's so over-the-top horse poop that I just can't find it remotely interesting. I am hoping these story lines wrap up quickly so we can move on to hopefully better, more interesting stories. Come on, writers, please fix this nonsense. Have everyone wake up and it's January 2020 and it was all a crazy nightmare of Susan Banks.

Thank you so much for the summaries! I wonder how long we’re stuck with the impeachment hearings? The newspaper says it is only scheduled to be on cspan or cnn. Why is it on every major channel?

LOL, and with so many channels carrying it, NONE will have ratings worth a fig. They could have taken turns, they could have all just let their news channels carry it, but they all want to be out in front, only none will. And how many don't even have their TV on?

Gramcracker, if you don't have cable, you may have to go up and down through the channels to find the station. I think ours here is 5.3 or something like that.
Thank you, but I have Comcast. NBC from Chicago runs Days at 2:00am. Unless the recaps indicate the show is improving, I will just keep reading them and let it go at that.

Here is Cozi's website. Put in your zip code and it'll show you if it's available over the air with an antenna antenna:

http://www.cozitv.com/get-cozi-tv/

If you have a flat screen TV, it's already a digital receiver. If you have an old style tube TV, you'll need a digital converter box and an antenna.
Thank you. I will try them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I've finally seen the episode (we don't have Cozi), here are few questions.

Why is Will so anxious to divorce Sonny? He was probably convicted of aggravated use of a communication device, which is a low level felony, meaning that he's not serving a long sentence.

Why would the DiMera board listen to Anna? Who would pay attention to anything said by a woman who until recently was best known for constantly carrying around what she thought were her husband's ashes in a cocktail shaker?

Since when does anyone care about the DiMera stockholders? In the days of Stefano, these people were supposed to act like well-behaved children: seen and not heard.

Why was Maggie so upset by psycho Summer's cirrhosis that she fell off the wagon? She held it together when close family members were in dire straits. Why lose it over the plight of never-seen psycho mermaid?

Why didn't Brady psychically sense Summer's peril and rush to the rescue as he did on the California beach? And why didn't Dario stage an intervention? After all, she was the only person dumb enough to join him in criminal conspiricies.

Why did Adrienne have a driver's license? He idea of accident avoidance seemed to be leaning on the horn. Based on what was shown on screen, she didn't try to steer the car out of danger or slow down.

I don't think Anna talked to the board touting Gabi. But I think she introduced Gabi to influential ones, and propped her up, spoke her praises, etc. Gabi then did her own touting. (And with the way Gabi dresses, she may have influenced the male members in more ways than one)

This is why I hate stories like these. Cheap, lazy, etc.

Back