Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 28, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives'
Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Eli is having a nice dream about him & Lani. He wakes up, they smooch a bit, he wants to set a wedding date, she picks up her phone, he grabs it away from her, no phones in bed rule. But he sees Julie's name on her phone, what is this, she is taken aback, he says texting behind his back, she hits on that, Julie wants to be in on wedding plans, blah, blah. Gabi thinks June would be perfect for wedding, Eli says why wait, pushing for Valentine's Day.

Lani & JJ talk over failure to get past the double password, on Gabi's phone. He has been holding something back, tells her Eli & Gabi are getting married. Lani starts ranting about it, especially with JJ being best man, but eventually calms down, thinks maybe this will work for them to get at that app! Knocking, tis Eli & Gabi, bursting with news. Lani hides, they tell JJ of the Valentine date for the wedding. Things are moving fast now. When they leave they are in the square, arranging for flowers, etc. But still have to find a venue.

John is in Prague, talking to Marlena on phone, how they miss each other, & more. Steve-ano comes in, either makes a drink, or pours water, is drinking, hears John talking of being unable to find Stefano, leads not panning out, but they have not given up. He is talking of how much he loves Marlena, and the terrible person Stefano is. Steve-ano is getting upset, manages to break the glass in his hand, so livid he is shaking. He picks up a piece of glass, looking as tho he wants to cut up John with it. John hangs up, sees Steve's cut hand, Steve-ano makes stupid excuse, John will meet him downstairs. He leaves, Steve-ano explodes, enough, this is it, has to end. I want my queen. His phone rings, tis Gina, he tells same to her, saying he nearly killed John. She warns him about harming John, will watch over Marlena.

Rafe is sitting in interrogation room, Shawn comes in. (Yayyyyy). What is going on. Rafe fills him in (off camera), Meanwhile we see Gina enter Hope's office, searching thru the drawers for her cigarettes, knows they were there. She marches into see Rafe, he holds up the pack, (she does not notice Shawn, who stands off to the side), she mentions trying to fire him, but rifling thru her desk without her permission is just cause. He smiles, noting against the law to smoke in municipal bldgs. She starts to walk out, Shawn says, “Mom, what is the matter with you”? She stops, hello Shawn, what has Rafe been telling you about me. He says they were just catching up, she comments Rafe has to work, Rafe takes the hint, leaves, Shawn wants to take her to lunch. Nope, she figures Rafe has told him she hasn't been herself, knows he has a file, probably showed it to Shawn, who agrees. Her stress is mentioned, she says Rafe cannot get over the divorce. He tries to invite her to have dinner tonight, she refuses, but says to text her, perhaps they can have a bite at Pub.

Marlena is still at Pub, joined by Kate, who overheard conversation with John, learns he is in Prague with Steve, that Hope is keeping an eye on Marlena. Kate wrestles with telling her the truth, but remembers Steveano warning her how all will hate her for not telling sooner, so just warns Marlena to not trust Hope (they talked of Hope making the moves on John) and to watch her back. Kate leaves, Marlena calls John, leaves message to call her.

Steveano joins John downstairs in restaurant, surprised when he sees Tony & Anna who join them, having ditched some cooking class to be there. Tony mentions not caring much about Stefano any longer, gave his shares to Chad. Says was loyal all those years, but after all the deceptions, backstabs, etc. he decided the only person he wants to be around is Anna. He mentions how his father was in touch, not would not meet him in person. Steveano suggests maybe just very busy, but then Anna chimes in on the horrible man Stefano is, going on and on until Steve-ano who has been getting super upset, just yells at her to just shut up and stop talking!

Gina returns to her office, pulls out a cigarette, but before she can light it, Kate bursts in, wants to know exactly just what she & Steve-ano are up to.

Back at the cop shop, Rafe returns, asking Shawn how it went, what did she say. Shawn says she thinks Rafe just cannot get over the divorce. Rafe asks if that is what his mom really thinks. Shawn says I don't know.......but THAT woman is not my mother!

Last edited:
Shawn says I don't know.......but THAT woman is not my mother!
Seems Shawn-D is in possession of the Salem Brain today.

JJ told Lani to ask Theo for his help with the pacemaker app, since he's a computer genius. Lani was against it, but eventually agreed.

I was laughing when Anna was ranting about Stefano being such a horrid person and Steve-ano blew up at her.

When Gina couldn't find her cigarettes, since she was bored, she drew pictures of Marlena in danger, then took a red pen to draw blood or flames on them. Looks like she stashed them in her drawer.

The "cafe" in Prague looks like they used some of the Martin House set.

JJ's fridge is the same one that was in the Scooby Gang's loft (originally used by Sami and Rafe when they had the loft).

It's always surprising how Salemites rush off to large, foreign cities to look for people without a clue about where to start. It might make for a good scene if John and "Steve" were shown showing the Prague locals pictures of Marlena and Hope and asking if they'd seen them, only to get brushed off or being answered with: "Nemluvím anglicky." (I don't speak English.)

Thank you, Poirot.

Thank goodness for Shawn D. Finally we have a character with a brain who isn't afraid to use it.

OK, I'm just going to come right out and say it...This Steve/Stefano and Hope/Gina junk is worse than the Garden of Eden crappy story for me. This Days Oner is ready to ditch the show after all of these years if it goes on much longer. There needs to be a huge shakeup from Corday at the top all the way down to the writers. Mr & Mrs Corday must be rolling in their graves to see how their son let their beloved show be ruined.

Thanks, Poirot.

JJ wants to have Theo open Gabi's phone. I hope Theo can do that while he's
in Africa.

Gabi and Eli picked Valentine's Day for their wedding. Valentine's is on Friday
this year. I bet it ends with a cliffhanger.

Nice seeing Shawn, Anna and Tony today.

Stevano called Tony by his full name. That could be a could be a clue later on.

Stevano was interesting to watch today especially when people were saying
bad things about Stefano. The end was great when he got mad at Anna
going on and on about Stefano :)

Shawn is the smart one in Salem today. Does he think it's Gina?

The Prague hotel room looked a lot like the set for Kate's bedroom at the pub.

How many times can John and Marlena think the other one is dead??? For crying out loud, that has been throughout their entire relationship.
Very true. It seems as if their marriage has ended due to the death of one spouse about as many times as Stefano "died." Perhaps the most notable of these was when John was run down in the street, was declared dead, and a funeral was actually held for him. (I was new to Days then and naively believed that he was gone.) Of course, in rapid order, John was back, hale and hearty. Add in all the times that John has been in a coma, and the history of the John-Marlena marriage is truly one for the ages.

Heck, you figure, it actually started back in the 80's, when Roman died and John later came to Salem as Roman, only later to find out original-recipe Roman was actually alive and well, as was Marlena, who was also presumed dead during John's time as Roman.

Back