Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan., 29, 2019

I've thought from the beginning that Haley is actually Melinda's daughter not sister. Today Haley said that Melinda left China when Haley was a baby. Considering the Chinese culture does not condone having a child out of wedlock especially 20+ years ago that perhaps Melinda got pregnant and considering it would've brought dishonor on her family she left the country and her parents raised Haley as their own.

This isn't direct towards the actor but whomever did Diana Cooper's makeup made me think she was the Joker's sister! Maybe they were going for the over-the-top look, if that's the case, it worked.

That's how the actress seems to wear her stage makeup. She looked exactly the same when she was on Y&R.

To me, it's kind of hard to picture her as Diana Colville when you're expecting the character to resemble Genie Francis. Plus, Judith Chapman (Diana Cooper) is 11 years older than Genie Francis (Diana Colville).

22c6ece6716a7c31c944c8736a26560f.jpg

Here's Judith Chapman (Diana Cooper) when she played Anjelica Deveraux back in the 80's:

alexanderang.gif
alexnevercallhermama.gif

Very weird that Sarah suddenly is getting back together with Rex. Not in character for Sarah. She just found out a day or two ago that Rex slept with Noel. Rex is so disgusting and unlikable. Even more so than Sarah. Then throw sourpuss Eric into the mix. This is a 3-some I wish I did not have to watch.

I enjoyed the scenes with Leo and Diana. This should be good.

JJ and Haley....boring, fast forward.

I've thought from the beginning that Haley is actually Melinda's daughter not sister. Today Haley said that Melinda left China when Haley was a baby. Considering the Chinese culture does not condone having a child out of wedlock especially 20+ years ago that perhaps Melinda got pregnant and considering it would've brought dishonor on her family she left the country and her parents raised Haley as their own.

I like how you think. I was glad that Haley FINALLY shared her secret but I did think there were holes in it. I was stunned that they are full sisters but your theory makes a ton of sense. That also might explain why Melinda hasn't helped her become legal.

Today's episode had a bunch of characters on who were not on the show a year ago. I think that's a problem.

Nice to see John and Marlena though. Too bad we can't get a scene with them and all of their offspring in Salem.

I do like how Melinda keeps mixing in with different characters. She's annoying in a likable way as opposed to Eve who is just plain annoying.

I can't believe Diana slapped Leo like that. I wonder what the big secret is?

Interesting theory about Melinda being Haley's mom. Haley probably doesn't
know if she is.

Haley said Melinda had gotten married. I wonder if she still is.

Last edited:
I've thought from the beginning that Haley is actually Melinda's daughter not sister.

My post from January 11th:
Melinda and Haley: sisters today, but probably mother and daughter tomorrow. :)

Great minds, huh?

I think Melinda is concerned that this will have a negative influence on her run for mayor.

Last edited:
I have thought the same about Melinda and Haley being mother and daughter. But I would think if she's her daughter she would really want to help her and not push her away. Unless it's the shame and doesn't want to admit she has a daughter. She was raised that way so it could be really ingrained.

Absolutely! mentioned that the other day. Don't know why Melinda did not do so long ago.........
Melinda's specialty is criminal law and procedure so she herself wouldn't be the best choice to help Haley. That said, with all the contacts she'd likely have, she should be able to hire an experienced immigration attorney. And if down the road, JJ gets shyster Ted or bumbling Justin to represent Haley, I'll be throwing things at the TV set. Neither one of these legal disgraces has the qualifications to handle an immigration case. In real life, if the likes of Justin or Ted took Haley's case, the result would exemplify an old saying about immigration lawyers: their mistakes get deported.

Is Xander gone, if so I missed it, how did he exit?
I couldn't get that lucky!!

Melinda's specialty is criminal law and procedure so she herself wouldn't be the best choice to help Haley. That said, with all the contacts she'd likely have, she should be able to hire an experienced immigration attorney. And if down the road, JJ gets shyster Ted or bumbling Justin to represent Haley, I'll be throwing things at the TV set. Neither one of these legal disgraces has the qualifications to handle an immigration case. In real life, if the likes of Justin or Ted took Haley's case, the result would exemplify an old saying about immigration lawyers: their mistakes get deported.
Does the poor girl have any recourse? She really wasn't seeking asylum--she just came to the states.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm struck with how immature both Sarah and Rex are. They're both doctors and yet they act similar to Claire, on an emotional level. That's saying a lot because in my opinion, Claire acts far, far too immature for her age.

I was actually able to watch Leo today. It was kind of satisfying to see his cocky attitude get taken down a notch or two.

Back