Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 5, 2016

Well, maybe it is a bit difficult for her to think of Ciara's parents as her grandparents, being she & Ciara are the same age, and she has not seen them for years.

Thanks for the summary. Good episode today. Phenomenal acting by Suzanne Rogers (Maggie). My gosh, just really heartbreaking. And although he sometimes really got on my nerves, Daniel was a good and likable character for much of his time on the soap. I can't imagine the hard choice Maggie is trying to make. I applaud Victor for staying quiet about it, for the most part. And I also hope that this will finally be the year Arianne Zucker (Nicole) gets her Daytime Emmy. She and Leonardo DiCaprio need those damn awards, finally!! They've been wronged too many times. Anyways, I'm also glad that JJ and Jennifer found out. Both of them will probably need counseling, since they were so close to him.

I get that Chad and Abigail are busy with the whole Thomas thing, and I'm glad it is sorted out. But why can't they learn what happened to her mother and Daniel? And also Eric and Brady? Strange, considering they were at the hospital.

I'm enjoying the teen storyline. This teen set is much more entertaining than Paige ever was.

The actors and actresses have done a wonderful job the past 2 days! In all the sadness I can truly say I enjoyed the show! Sad to lose Dan and feel really bad for Maggie and Nicole! Now please get Chad out of this stupid brainwashing storyline so he can bond with his child!

Another good episode.

I'm glad the teenagers couldn't get to the liquor. I was afraid they would cause
mischief if they got drunk. I enjoyed the Truth/Dare game and what superpowers
they wanted.

Sad to watch Nicole with Daniel. Then JJ told Jennifer what happened. She
was heart broken.

Theresa said Shane's name when she talked to Brady.

I don't know how Maggie is going to be able to decide which one of Daniel's
friends will get his heart. Maybe she should flip a coin :)

Ok, so these last two episodes have been pretty good acting-wise but I'm having a little trouble with the plot. I'm sorry but as much as I can understand Maggie not wanting to be in the position of having to choose who gets Daniel's heart it just doesn't have the impact that the writers apparently seem to think this will have. How could she NOT choose Brady, whom she is close to and is her husband's grandson? Gimme a break. I think the writers did not think this plot point through very carefully. If it was going to be a choice of who Daniel's heart goes to then they needed to have Daniel and Nicole marry in the last few days/weeks/months so that SHE was the one to have to make this choice since she has history with both Brady and Eric. I'm also having a really hard time with the fact that Victor has shown little emotion to both Daniel being brain dead and Brady's life hanging in the balance. I get that he is trying to support Maggie but seriously, Victor would never allow her to choose Eric to live over Brady. NEVER. And John coming in today offering up his own heart to save Brady, while valiant, was sort of laughable. I don't know, maybe it was the lack of emotion out of John or just the stupidity of the idea. I think his heart (pun intended) was in the right place but the acting and emotion didn't match what he was trying to do here. At least for me.

I think Chad is slowly coming out of his brainwash/trance. Thank the soap gods! I have been hating this robotic Chad. At least now it is confirmed that he is the father (as if there was any doubt).

The teen scene was kind of stupid. Sorry, but the truth or dare and super hero stuff had me rolling my eyes.

A few things:

1 Nicole is breaking my heart.
2 Claire looks remarkably like the original Belle (Kirsten Storms)
3 Not everyone knows yet that Eric was the cause of this tragic pile up.
4 The teen segments are a ridiculous waste of show time.
5 Will Eric be charged with vehicular homicide as well as drunk driving, or will daddy get him off?
6 A day without Ava is a good day

I noticed something that kind of bothered me with the Teen scenes when Claire was talking to Ciara about her problems she apologized for being insensitive and said something along the lines of "You lost your dad but at least you still have your mom." Or something to that effect. I could help thinking "Uh, Claire, sweetheart, those are your grandparents you're talking about. Why are you talking about them as if they are complete strangers?" I get that Claire might not feel close to them since she didn't grow up in Salem and admittedly when I think of the word "grandparent" neither Bo nor Hope Brady spring instantly to mind. But that's who they are to Claire nonetheless and to have her refer to them as if they were no relation to her just rubs me wrong the way.

I had the same issue with these scenes. They just rubbed me the wrong way. Also, when Claire started complaining about needing to live alone, Ciara should have told her to just move in. I've said this before but the show seems to want to show no connection between Claire and Hope. We only saw them speak to one another on Thanksgiving and we have yet to hear Claire call Hope "Grandma" to her face. And in terms of her not growing up in Salem, I think the show has done well to establish that Hope and Ciara have remained close with Belle, Shawn and Claire over the years.

Other than that, I actually enjoyed the teen scenes today. Nice to see them all together finally and it was nice to have something light interjected into the show. I liked that Joey mentioned stealing the code from JJ. Can we get a scene with those 2 please? I'm sure Steve, Hope and/or Rafe will catch them all tomorrow.

I fast forwarded Nicole/Daniel and Brady/Jeannie T. No thanks.

Marlena still has yet to mention Brady. But John has been with both boys. Nice touch that Maroena's hair was more disheveled today than yesterday.

I have no words for the ending with John other than that it screams Dena Higley.

I thought Joey said "Aunt Adrienne" had the code written down by the keys? LOL

I also liked the teen scenes and the teen boys acting like goofy teen boys. I'm still not warming up to Ciara. I also found it a bit odd that anyone even suggested Truth or Dare/kissing, since half of them are related to each other!!

With you Sparx on the loss of impact re: Maggie's story. Especially today when she was lamenting the "time we lost." Give me a break. This is not a child she had stolen from her. I need to hear her talking to Sarah and Melissa within the next Salem day. (I imagine we'll only get a teary phone scene talking to Melanie though.)

I'm wondering if Kristian Alfonso (Hope) has asked not to be labeled "grandma." The show definitely seems to be twisting scenes and dialogue to avoid that label.

As with the accident story, I'm wondering if there will be some other twist with Thomas' paternity. It's just wrapping up too neatly. Zombie Chad can go (although what a bang-up performance by Billy Flynn). I actually liked Abby standing her own today and telling Chad she was fine if he didn't want her. Go girl!!

NOT EVEN IN SALEM would any non-prison doctor cut out a living person's heart to give to another. Oy.

Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) is doing a fantastic job but I'm still not feeling bad for her and I feel no real danger for Brady. Now if the show would surprise me, and Brady actually dies, that could turn me around on Jeannie. Maybe. But there's less than a .01% chance of them actually killing off someone they've positioned to front burner status, so....

Does Maggie even know this was all Eric's fault & that he was drunk? I didn't hear anyone tell her. If so, why is she having such a dilemma regarding the heart? To me this is a no-brainer. If someone was responsible for my son's death, no way would I be so caring about his life. Besides the fact, Brady has no chance of survival & Eric possible might, slim, but still a slight possibility.

I thought John's statement was based on not just love & compassion, but he knows his life is in danger? I am sad that so many took it as funny, as I am sure it wasn't meant to come off that way.

I think JJ also told Jen that Eric was driving drunk. By the way, I enjoyed those scenes as well however, when Jen was crying JJ should have hugged her instead of just standing there. She is the only person I feel for so far. Maybe because she and Dan really did love each other for quite some time. Plus she is close with both Brady and Eric. Everyone else in this storyline is written very isolated, including Marlena.

Jason, thanks for correcting me about Adrienne. I remember now. At least we know Steve and Joey have had contact with her even if we haven't seen it.

I also didn't like the fact that Abby still hasn't seen Jen. Out of character. When they were waiting for the test results, she should have gone to see Jen.

Jason, I also have the same thought about Kristian Alfonso (Hope) not wanting to be labeled as the grandma of a 16 year old. It's the only thing that makes sense. Though we did get the one scene where Claire mentioned she enjoyed shopping with Grandma and I thought she was referring to Hope and not Marlena.

I did appreciate that Kayla explained why Maggie had to make the decision. It was good to see that after our discussion here on Monday. Still far fetched but at least the show made an effort.

I thought there was another scene where Claire specifically said "Grandma Hope" but again it wasn't to her face. I think it was when she was fighting with Belle last week and she said Grandma Hope needed Shawn in Salem.

I can't understand Abby leaving Thomas alone in the hospital so much. I get that she needed to go find Chad, but they have also showed her wandering the square and sitting out in the lobby. If my baby was sick I wouldn't be out of his room unless I absolutely had to.

Back