Days of Our Lives - Tues. Jan. 7, 2014

WOW just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was absolutely GLUED to the tv today, in fear of missing something. I usually take a lunch break for Days since I work from home and I was so afraid to run to the kitchen during commercials:). These were the absolute best love making scenes I have seen on this show since Kyle Lowder(Brady) and Chloe making love to Jim Brickman music. Video is on YouTube. Just SO well done today! Great job by Kate Mansi(Abby) and James Scott(EJ), great job by the Director and great job by Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell(today's writers). I was waiting to see if Alison Sweeney(Sami) directed but she didn't. Everything just clicked! You could just feel the emotion and hesitation and then regret and finally acceptance. Absolutely fantastic! By the end of the show, I was rooting for them not because of breaking up EJ and Sami but because I could see them starting to genuinely fall for one another. I'm definitely watching this one again.

Maybe James Scott(EJ) regrets the eventual fallout because it finally takes him off frontburner status?

Other Notes:

I think Lucas has more chemistry with Jordan than with Sheryl.

Was that supposed to be Club TBD?

I feel bad for JJ again

I don't want Theresa and Brady together. I feel like it's too forced and will be a cheap version of EJ and Abigail. I want Theresa to either leave town or get her act together before dating anyone. Same goes for Brady.

I'm glad Maggie has Theresa's number. But I felt like that group should have been facilitated by Marlena or even Kimberly.

I actually liked the scene with Jenn and Eric but she is too old for him. I'm glad Daniel was so vague with Jenn at the end. Also glad Eric picked up more photography work.

I thought Nicole and Daniel playing cops was stupid. That should be the type of story Rafe and/or Hope are involved with.

Nice to see Rafe both outside the apartment AND not using the wheelchair. A good step forward I hope, no pun intended.

Jennifer needed a jacket over her dress. But I guess then she'd look like Hope's twin.

Note to Lucas: Asking an interview candidate whether they are married is illegal :)

I'm glad Maggie has Theresa's number. But I felt like that group should have been facilitated by Marlena or even Kimberly.
Kimberly and Shane left quite awhile ago. They were apparently only in Salem for one day.
Was that supposed to be Club TBD?
Yes, Sheryl's interview was at Club TBD

Pity poor EJ -- once again he's paying the price for being irresistible to women. :sarcasm: When screechy Sami finally learns about his little tryst in the Horton Love Cabin, he's going to be in for a world of hurt. And what were Abby and EJ staring up at after their little erotic adventure? Were the cabin raccoons peering down at them through a hole in the ceiling? As for Nicole and the Love Doctor, perhaps the mayor should disband the hopelessly ineffective Salem P.D. and just rely on the fearless duo locating criminals and threatening them with the merciless wrath of the mighty Victor Kiriakis. Further evidence that Roman's Keystone Kops should be disbanded came after the apprehension of Cole. The officer was chasing Cole, not Rory or JJ, and had absolutely no probable cause to detain them or to demand to see the contents of their backpacks. Perhaps this guy learned his criminal procedure law from that master of illegal, warrantless searches, Bo Brady. Finally, it was good to see that Maggie did not seem to be taken in by Theresa's insincere performance at the support group meeting. Perhaps, this means that there's hope that the blackmailing pothead slacker will eventually crash and burn.

This is AA, Alcoholics Anonymous, which is also a self-help group. Having a professional psychotherapist there running the show would not be appropriate for the way the program works.

@JS

That's funny, I thought she looked exactly how I remember her from Passions.

On to other things,

This episode was really good. I'm glad Abby took control over her actions. It was an interesting after interaction. I'm totally ready for this affair to take full force. I think because the after talk was kind of sweet, as much as they could be for an affair with EJ, it shows that the feelings are more genuine than a hookup. I did slightly giggle when Abby said she'd have to move back to Europe. She probably will.

Unpopular Opinion, I already like Theresa and Brady. Not sure why, but I see potential there. Not sure about Sheryl and Lucas yet though. The chemistry didn't work just yet but it was only their first scene. I always love some Kate and Lucas scenes. So that was one of the highlights for me.

I love, love, love Nicole. Daniel and her scene cracked me up at the end when Nicole wanted to be on the Salem PD. I'm still mad at how Eric treated Nicole over the Kristen rape, but I kind of like how he's finally falling in love with Nicole or letting himself. It's nice. Nicole's friendship with Daniel makes him kind of likable but I don't want them to enter a romance.

JJ is really become the unlucky kid. I actually feel bad for him now. I wouldn't exactly say he's changed but I do think he's learning from his past mistakes. He might actually become tolerable in the future.

The only bad thing was the brief Daniel and Jennifer scene :rolleyes:

Back