Days of Our Lives - Tues.,Jan. 8, 2019

This fact seems to have been forgotten - self defense is certainly different from out-and-out murder!
The key point is whether Abigail was reasonably in fear of her life. If she was, the use of a deadly weapon -- the urn -- in self-defense ould be legally justified. If Andre instead was just going to be his usual overbearing self, clobbering him with the urn was a crime.

Does anyone know? If you murder someone, sane or not, wouldn't you have to be locked up? It seems to me you would have to serve time no matter what your mental state at the time.
If a person is found not guilty by reason of insanity after murdering somebody, he/she would be locked up in a mental hospital for an indeterminate period. If later declared sane, like Ben, they'd be released. A famous example is eccentric PIttsburgh millionaire Harry K. Thaw who murdered famous architect Stanford White in 1906 at the old Madison Square Garden. The New York district attorney was not able to convict Thaw, who was instead placed in a mental hospital. In 1915, he was declared sane and released. Another scenario is if a person is found "guilty but mentally ill." Here, the person would go to a mental hospital and when declared sane is sent to prison to complete his/her sentence.

Last edited:
The key point is whether Abigail was reasonably in fear of her life. If she was, the use of a deadly weapon -- the urn -- in self-defense ould be legally justified. If Andre instead was just going to be his usual overbearing self, clobbering him with the urn was a crime
Thanks for the clarification - I'm inclined to believe it was self-defense. Andre was certainly capable of being a true threat.

I understand Gabi being upset that Ben kidnapped her but she's being a little hypocritical to get up on her high horse about it, when she more or less kidnapped Abigail by drugging her and moving her from one location to another.
Great point! Abigail should point that out to Ben and maybe he could use that as part of his defense?:rolleyes:

Back