Days of Our Lives - Tues. July 16, 2013

My favorite moments today were by far Marlena and Will..... I love seeing how close and relaxed those two are around one another....

Anytime Will and Marlena are on-screen together is a perfect DAYS day for me. I completely agree these two are just soap opera gold. What amazes me is that their relationship onscreen seems to mimic they're closeness off-screen. I've seen interviews Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Chandler Massey (Will) have done together and they are wonderful together. :OT: Here's a video of a DAYS panel interview with both Deidre Hall and Chandler Massey and a few other actors from the show. It's one of my favorite of them together.

Yes, Adrienne is still in that ugly dress. And I just did not like Sami's hair or makeup, not at all.
I am totally sick of Kristen and her plots and lies, and then attempts to sound so sincere when she tells the truth. (At least Brady noted that fact, lol)
I agree. Saw the picture of Sami's appearance in the SOD and it looked terrible!

And KathyLu is right on the money. In another thread elsewhere, I commented on how the Golden Girls lived in Miami and always wore sweaters, long sleeves, layered clothing, fuzzy robes, and that I knew the why..it was Odd for Miami.

Marlena's sleeves swere 3/4. Lindo Dano, in SOD, once advised older women to wear that length, even in summer. It HIDES a great deal. I will only add one other comment from an entertainer. Joan Rivers (this was shown on TV) went to 3 different plastic surgeons, attempting to get the "wings" on her upper arms reduced. All 3 refused, she was very upset. Now that woman has had tons of plastic surgery, but this was something she was unable to "get fixed".

Oh, I do agree about the longer sleeves. In fact, I always have some kind of sleeve, as it does hide some things I like less (And don't even get me started on all the sleeveless, strapless wedding dresses out there nowadays :) no offense to anyone, but those types of dresses aren't for everyone, I believe). Still, it's the style of the sweater that did not seem to fit with the season.

DaysD good description of Marlena's top. I thought of a rainbow since
the 4th of July blanket was made a certain way.

Anyone else think it was odd how Marlena and Will were sitting together?
Grandma and grandson.

Interesting to see both Roman and Harold on today.

I wonder when Roman will meet Arianna. He hasn't on screen yet.

I may be the only person on here who actually liked Marlena's Lifesaver sweater! One other person (Kat?) said she looked nice in it. I thought she looked especially pretty today. I liked the sweater and her hair. I love bright colors. I noticed Will's shirt was bright green, which kinda matched the green in Marlena's sweater. The room was all cheery in color when the two of them were together.

Yes, Kat, I thought it was a little strange how Marlena appeared to be putting her feet in Will's lap. I guess maybe they wanted to convey a sense of familiarity and comfort between the two of them.

That baby Arianna is absolutely beautiful!

I could not help but comment on Sami's hair. I hated it.
I have to tell you, I had a Chatty Cathy doll one time, when I was quite young, that had the same stupid hairdo, and I could not stand it then either. I was trying my darndest while only small, to wash and reset the stuff, and My goodness, it came off. My mother used to tell me of the time she found me holding my bald baby, and crying that," I had scalped the baby," and was trying to get it to reattach itself..... that is one thing we could recommend happen to the hair Sami is wearing now.....

You all want to have some laughs? Watch the video clip in post #23, but turn on the CC. English. And then read what the CC says the actors are saying. LOL, talk of gobbledygook...LOL (you can turn up your own volume so you can hear better, what they are actually saying, but read the captions. tooooo funny.

Thanks for the write up. I haven't been able to catch the show until at night for a while with the George Zimmerman Trial going on & just life itself being busy.

I'm one that liked Marlena in bright colors too, but it did look like Live Saver packaging. lol

The Theresa & JJ storyline seems to be getting more intense & is catching my attention. She has now taken JJ to a new level, from pot dealer to pills on his own, to now getting coke for Theresa. When she asked if JJ could get other stuff & said "I like to go skiing" she was asking him if he could get cocaine for her (skiing is playing in the "snow", a slang for powder coke).

There was a definite change in how Sami looked & I like it. It reminds me of Kate a lot.

Roman cracked me up with his reply to "Uncle Ro". lol

Kristen & Brady's scene was good. Looks like Brady stepped back into the tanning booth or spray tanned or bronzed again. It will be interesting to see Brady & John's talk, if it even happens.

Ha, ha, ha, ha Kat! Row, row, row your boat! Oh man now I can't get that out of my head. :rotfl:

OC, you're not alone in the sweater loving. I stated in my original post that I liked it too. It did bring a lot of cheerfulness/color/brightness/fun (could go on) to the scene with Will. It made it fun and it was a great contrast to what Sami was wearing as well. Sami's "DiMera" dark's to Marlena's cheerful colors.

Cryin, LOVED the video, that was so cute! Especially when she stated that Will likes Marlena better, that was hilarious!

Back