Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 21, 2015

Ciara vs. Stefano. Let's see. She'd have him flim flammed out of his fortune, retrieved John's kidney, got the keys to the Italian villa and the hidden yacht, locked Stefano out of the DiMansion and redecorated the place. On the same day. Before lunch. :rotfl:

Ciara vs. Stefano

I see it going something like this: after Ciara successfully and finally defeats Stefano she casually brushes the dirt off her hands, slips her pink backpack back on, then turns to walk away and comes up to a crowd of people all with their jaws on the floor (Bo, Hope, Roman, John, Marlena, Rafe, Sami, Steve, Kayla, Kate, Jack, Nicole, Caroline and whoever else I'm forgetting; the crowd is HUGE).

BO: YOU got rid of Stefano??!!
CIARA: What, like it's hard? (a la Elle Woods from the movie Legally Blonde)

She pulls her umpire mask back over her face, high fives Rafe, and then struts out.

I actually found the proposal quite educational because I saw it as a tutorial on how NOT to propose when I finally meet Ms. Right (a.k.a Jennifer Lawrence but she doesn't know that yet.)

1. If I've treated her like a yo-yo and repeatedly broken up with her and prefaced it every time with "Things can't keep going on this way," those will NOT be the first words out of my mouth while I'm revving up to propose.

2. If I'm going to make a bigdeal about what's in the bread basket I'll actually do something romantic like hide the ring in the basket. I won't just sit there like a lump while she's wondering why I'm insisting she fill up on carbs before the main entree arrives.

The whole thing was just so clumsy. It also doesn't help that the audience has no reason to believe that either Daniel or Nicole are really ready to take thissteps. This "relationship" has crashed and burned before it ever achieved lift-off in my so very humble opinion.

As has been said the Chad and Arianna scenes were just too cute. Given how clearly the little girl playing Arianna spoke I'm surprised she's not more vocal.

I like Hope and Aidan and I know this is going to be unpopular opinion but I could get behind Hope and Rafe as well. But as Jason has wisely pointed out that's a dead end. As Joey from "Friends" would say, "It's like a cow's opinion it just doesn't matter. It's moo." :clap:

I am totally lost about Chad's baby, Grace. I absolutely don't remember anything about it.
Grace was born the same day as Sydney. Mia and Chad were her biological parents. Nicole was going to pass off Grace as her own baby but was able to get Dr. Baker to switch the newborns thereby having EJ's baby (Sydney) for herself. Sami then ended up with baby Grace who she raised with Rafe until she passed away at about 6 months old from meningitis. Chad didn't find out until after the fact that she was his daughter.

Good going, Sparx.......And the actor who plays Daniel....his name is Shawn Christian.

@gramcracker....if you remember, Nicole miscarried her baby, did not want EJ to know, so wore pregnancy pillow until she found Mia, who was willing to sell her unborn child to Nicole, so she could go pursue her dance career. So, it was just lucky for Nicole that Grace (Mia's baby) and Sydney (Sami's) were born the same day, and she was able to convince Dr. Baker to switch.

I went over to youtube so I could see Chad/Arianna.....and agree.....absolutely adorable. Loved it. Am glad those girls get along so well with the various cast members.

I consider Hope and Rafe a "dead end" based on the way the writers have treated Rafe over the past year. He had a relationship with Jordan; but not much of a story then they introduced Clyde. Then what should have been been a Rafe and Jordan story inexplicably became a Chad and Jordan story. Rafe lost hisjob as a cop and went to work for Victor which could have potential but they've done absolutely nothing with it.

My point is they keep hinting at possible storylines for Rafe and then doing absolutely nothing with it. So I have no reason to believe that Rafe and Hope wouldn't be just more of the same.

Who was that handsome, clean-shaven man in a suit talking to Nicole??! :sarcasm:
Patients and staff at University Hospital are going to be asking who the new doctor is.
So, not only does Clyde "know" that Abby is pregnant, he even knows how far along she is???????? This guy is amazing.:sarcasm:
Roman ought to sign him up for the Salem P.D. Nobody among his hapless cops is anywhere near as good at connecting the dots.'
I really liked the scenes with Chad/Arianna/Abby. Little Ari is just too adorable!
How long will it be before Jeannie T. becomes jealous of little Ari because everyone loves her, and hates herself?
And WHY does Abby think running to the stronghold of the DiMera family...Europe...will help her? How about picking ANY other continent on the planet? Australia...maybe Fiji? What about South America ... or heck, go hide in the Yukon. Oy with this story!!
Perhaps, she should try Antarctica where she can attempt to blend in with the emperor penguins. Who knows, it might work if she could borrow the black dress that Bluebird was wearing today. As for Salem's new amateur plumber, he now has an interest in Irish real estate?? If this deal ever goes through, future generations of Irish schoolchildren might be faced with this multiple choice question: What was the worst event in Irish history? a) the Anglo-Norman invasion in the 12th century; b) Cromwell's conquest in the 1600s; c) the crushing of the Easter Rising in 1916; d) the arrival of Clyde Weston in 2015.

In my opinion, today was heavily edited. My guess is some Aiden scenes were cut and in their place we got Rafe questioning Hope about Ben. That was totally unrelated to the rest of what they discussed. No comment on that.

No comment on Daniel proposing to Nicole other than to say I think this is more an illusion Nicole has in her mind of what the ideal life should be. As evidenced by her always wanting to say "Honey I'm home".

Any scene with baby Ari is too cute for words. I also think the sudden 180 in Will is a re-tape as well.

I'm tired of seeing Marlena as a recurring character. I want to see Marlena the contract character.

Both John & Marlena are on contract, and I agree about recurring.....and really, only used as filler. any of their scenes could be cut and you would never know. I just wish today, when marlena opened Eric's door and saw Serena, she would have said a bit more than "what do you want"...perhaps shutting the door in Serena's face. LOL

Thanks for the summary, Jason.

Interesting to see Eric donating his African stuff to an art show. One
way to get rid of it and help others.

Ari was priceless repeating what Chad said when he was talking about Grace.

Today the door was opened for Sonny and Will to get a divorce. People
can still love each other, but not be with each other. I'm not sure about
that one.

Clyde had his thinking cap on today, he knew by the prescription that Abby
is getting prenatal vitamins which means she's pregnant. I laughed later
when he said "she doesn't know who the daddy is".

I wish Marlena was on longer today.

I like Hope and Rafe. Why would that be considered a "dead end"?

I consider Hope and Rafe a "dead end" based on the way the writers have treated Rafe over the past year. He had a relationship with Jordan; but not much of a story then they introduced Clyde; then what should have been been a Rafe and Jordan story inexplicably became a Chad and Jordan story. Rafe lost his job as a cop and went to work for Victor which could have potential but they've done absolutely nothing with it.

My point is they keep hinting at possible storylines for Rafe and then doing nothing absolutely nothing with it. So I have no reason that Rafe and Hope wouldn't be just more of the same.

What he said.

In my opinion, today was heavily edited. ...
...Any scene with baby Ari is too cute for words. I also think the sudden 180 in Will is a re-tape as well.....

You could be right. Or Will could be scheming. Either way I don't think this is headed for the happy ending Will is deluding himself into thinking it is.

I just skimmed through on DVR again. Sonny, Will and Chad ALL had a wardrobe change. They started in basketball clothes and then ended in regular clothes.

Marlena, Ben and Aiden were not on very long.

And why the hell was Marlena wearing a cowgirl outfit, boots and all?!?

That's a good point Heather. The narrative separation fooled me, but it makes sense he'd change from his first flannel shirt to a baseball sleeve shirt for the game. (Unfortunately he made no mention of the game until he was running to it, LOL.) Then he would change back when he went back to work. (I double checked. All his Will scenes were in the Chicago shirt. His Chad scenes were in another flannel shirt.)

I know we shouldn't read too much into timelines, wardrobe...but the Sonny stuff was jarring. Who knows with their taping schedule though.

I hope all of them showered before changing their clothes. Chad was wearing
different clothes before the game started. I put on different clothes when I get
home from work and wear different ones working in my flowerbed. Sometimes
I feel like a doll when I change clothes several times a day :)

Back