Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 7, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, July 7, 2020

It is wedding day for Kayla/Justin, who has overheard Hope & Jen talking of how Steve still loves & wants Kayla. Jen leaves, he steps out, questions Hope, says he overheard their conversation. Hope admits it is true, says Steve feels he is letting Kayla be happy by not telling her. Justin, however, feels if Kayla knew, whole different ballgame.

Will and Sonny are talking with Victor, Will nervous, talking of worrying something could go wrong. Says he could forget what he is supposed to say, Sonny adds to this, Victor says and he could say something very inappropriate at a most inopportune time. He calls for ouzo, makes a toast, Justin deserves happiness for all he has been through. When Justin comes in, he tells of going to Adrienne's grave, having a bouquet made up exactly like she had for their wedding. He talks of their life together, how young they were, not knowing what is in front of them, & then 4 sons, 4 weddings, infidelity, cancer, & sorrow. Vic tells him he is lucky, by the time he dies, he will have had 2 wonderful wives, & thinks Kayla is better off with Justin that that one eyed “wonder”.

Jack plops down beside Steve on the bench, tries again to get him to tell Kayla, nope, no way. Jack understands, but warns the wedding is not far off, he doesn't have much time. Steve gets up to go to the Key to City ceremony.

And there, Kate is telling Abe what to do, say, etc. He reminds her this is not his first time doing this. Steve & Hope arrive, she quickly tells him that Justin overheard her & Jen & knows. Steve has a fit, he is not going to say anything. Nope. John & Marlena show up, Kate wants to see their speeches. John says his is “up here” pointing to his head, and begins to say how he will talk of Steve being Stefano, and Hope as Princess Gina. ..Kate having meltdown, but John is joking, promises it will only be about them rescuing him, etc.

Kayla opens a drawer, wedding pic of her & Steve. Flashback to them saying vows to each other that day. Joey calls, wishes he could be there, wishes her well. Jen arrives, Kayla is wiping away tears, missing Joey, she says. Jen loans her with a bracelet Adrienne had given her when Abby was born, so she has something old, borrowed & blue.

At the key ceremony, Abe gives his speech, Steve is flashing back to his wedding to Kayla, a long one, has to be nudged when his name is called. Abe talks of the reception, Kate informs him there is none, no money in budget. Abe not a happy camper. John & Marlena suggest to Hope & Steve they go celebrate at the Pub. While there John & Marlena try to reason with Steve about telling Kayla how he feels. (Like he told Jack, this is not “The Graduate, not going over to interrupt the wedding) He won't sit around town watching Justin & Kayla live their happy married life either. He was looking over the Black Patch cases, one is aiding ISA, helping Shane, requiring travel all over Europe. That's the one for him. John doesn't answer.

Justin, Will, Sonny are at the front of the room, music begins, Jack at the door, no bride. He goes to see what happened, Kayla's heel broke off her shoe. He returns, claims he forgot he was supposed to recite Justin & Kayla's favorite poem, and begins some boring, inappropriate recitation, lol. Justin doesn't look too happy. Finally, door opens, Jack yells to Henderson to start the music (must be a record) Kayla is coming in......no shoes at all, stocking feet. She gets there, Jack & Jen take their seats, Will begins, gets to part about anyone here object..a bit of laughter. Now come the vows. Do you Kayla Caroline take this man, Justin Alexander.........& Justin interrupts....wait.........I have something I want to say.

Victor says and he could say something very inappropriate at a most inopportune time.
Was it today or yesterday that Sonny and Will told Victor they'd like to adopt Allie's baby, and Victor told them adopting Sami's grandchild would be a nightmare for them? He then said there are kids all over the world who need a home, just not Sami's grandchild.

Am I forgetting what issue Victor has with Steve?

Normally I love his barbs and quick wit, but to call him a one-eyed wonder is in pretty poor taste.

Steve's cheering section: These people just won't quit trying to convince Patch to fight for Kayla even at this late date. Even veteran busybody Julie would be saying, "enough already."

Steve: He shares quote-of-day honors with Victor for telling those who want the wedding stopped, "This isn't The Graduate." However, he did commit an unpardonable offense by not touching his bowl of Pub chowder, which verges on an unpardonable sin.

Vic: He also quote honors for telling Pastor Will "do it as fast as possible so we all can start drinking."

Kate: If she's going to drag Mayor Abe into any more key-to-the-city events, she ought to add more entertainment value. Those orange balloons and perfunctory remarks just didn't cut it.

Last edited:
Thanks, Poiort.

Victor made me laugh today especially what he said about Sami to Will and Sonny.

John made Kate upset when he lied to her about what his speech was about.

Jack talked about how he married Kayla when Steve rejected her. Steve said yes,
but Justin isn't a creep like he (Jack) was.

Kate was upset with what Steve was wearing to the Key to the City ceremony.

Nice of Joey to call his mom on her wedding day.

You could tell Jack and Jennifer wanted to say something when Will asked if
anyone objected to the wedding.

Evidently both were supposedly occurring at the same time! However, Days did not show it that way, (like cutting back & forth between Key to City & wedding. But there had to be that announcement to John & Marlena by Steve, which just would not have worked during the key ceremony. However, they did not want to leave Steve, and Steve was adamant about not going, and if they came in late, it would have detracted from the wedding itself. Best they were at the Pub, I guess.

So, Victor says "find one not related to Sami so you aren't sucked in". Umm, hello? Will is Sami's son, soooo Arianna is Sami's granddaughter. They are already raising one of Sami's grandkids. What's one more?

I don't get it.

Because Arianna is Will's biological child. Granted, she's still Sami's granddaughter, but Will is her bio father which gives him the upper hand (so to speak) over raising her.

I knew Steve was going to say he wanted to leave Salem. Don't know why they were so surprised.

Personally I think Kayla's wedding dress looks like a really fancy robe.

I also kept thinking Kayla's dress looked like a fancy house robe, something designed for lounging.

I enjoyed this episode. The Key to the City ceremony was the end (I hope) of a boring story line but the rest of the episode had several conversations that I liked, and several of the characters had entertaining comments.

Back