Days of Our Lives - Tues., June 27, 2017

I don't think it was "worst" show, I have seen much worse (the recent island comes to mind) but do agree the concept left a lot to be desired. This was a fund raising party to welcome back those who survived a plane crash, & were stranded on a desert Island, plus raise money for the Horton Center. Just WHERE were the couple who found and rescued them? No mention of them whatsoever? Plus a fund raiser for the Horton Center does not include some of those in town who are known to be generous in the past. Victor & Maggie?

Plus Marlena IS Eric's mother. John is Paul's father.John & Marlena were the ones who went out there to actually find the castaways, instead of beating their chests & constantly calling Greek authorities, & Coast Guard. Victor IS Sonny's Uncle and a powerhouse at Titan. Andre IS Chad's brother, while Kate insists she feels as if he were her son. Justin is Sonny's father, Adrienne his mother. Abe is Lani's father, Roman is Eric's father.

I just saw a commercial for a rebooted version of the Gong Show.

The original show had its moments. I was a Judge Jaye P. Morgan fan; my mother did not share my opinion. :)

@DrBakerFan, The Most Interesting Man in the World is coming out of retirement, but not for Dos Equis. :clap:

FBI salaries must be generous. Eli is gifted a valuable property, which he promptly makes a non-profit enterprise. I hope that he will reserve a large room for Gabi/Lani's, and his use. While there, he would be able to help keep the peace among the teen residents. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
As brought up by a friend, how in the world does Eric have a drivers license? I guess vehicular homicide isn't enough to take that away in Salem??

Eric was in prison a year, so if his license was revoked for that period of time, he evidently was able to get it back. He no longer drinks, saved a gal while in prison, and now is a counselor at a charitable organization. He could have a temp licence, or perhaps the revocation was lifted.

When I read of vehicular homicide cases in court, the license usually is revoked for just a period of time, not forever.

Heck, as I have noted, John & Marlena who rescued the group...nope, not there. Relatives of those saved also absent. Vic, Maggie, Abe, Justin, Adrienne, Andre, Kate. Yep, a few strangers floated around in the background.

I thought Halo was a different kind drug. It was making some of them laugh.

Deimos reformulated it

I don't think it was "worst" show, I have seen much worse (the recent island comes to mind) but do agree the concept left a lot to be desired. This was a fund raising party to welcome back those who survived a plane crash, & were stranded on a desert Island, plus raise money for the Horton Center. Just WHERE were the couple who found and rescued them? No mention of them whatsoever? Plus a fund raiser for the Horton Center does not include some of those in town who are known to be generous in the past. Victor & Maggie?

Plus Marlena IS Eric's mother. John is Paul's father.John & Marlena were the ones who went out there to actually find the castaways, instead of beating their chests & constantly calling Greek authorities, & Coast Guard. Victor IS Sonny's Uncle and a powerhouse at Titan. Andre IS Chad's brother, while Kate insists she feels as if he were her son. Justin is Sonny's father, Adrienne his mother. Abe is Lani's father, Roman is Eric's father.

I was really disappointed that Jennifer wasn't there. No reason whatsoever for that. They could have said Mary or an off screen Laura was watching Thomas. Jen not only heads the Horton Center but it also would have added some more tension with Eric and Nicole. I think John, Marlena and Maggie should have been there too.

I think Nicole's dress wasn't a flattering style for her body type. I don't care for her hair up either.

Abby's dress was ok but for once I'd like to see her in something short and fitted instead of Gabi.

Thanks for the summary. This show was a disappointment in the sense that the set up seemed really good, but a number of key characters weren't there, those who were mostly looked a disaster in the hair/fashion department, and the whole thing fell flat. Paul being knocked out is a typical Black family plot. Sonny just isn't cutting it as a mobster CEO--cut the crap! Deimos walking around and examining his work is ridiculous!

Back