Days of Our Lives - Tues. Mar. 10, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks......The NBC station showed about 1/2 hr. of Days....then broke away to cover the funeral of Cardinal Egan of NY, who had passed away.....age 90.

So here is what I got..which is not much.

JJ is up early, talks with his mom about his chances of reconciling with Paige. Jen assures him Eve won't blab to Paige, but warns him not to get his hopes up....that Paige could find out some other way, from someone else. And...she may not want to get back with him at all anyway.
Eve is pacing around, worried about Paige & JJ hooking up. Calls Paige, is all sugar & honey, wants to get together with her later......nope, she has a date with Cole.
Daniel comes along, stops to talk, wonders if Cole is the right guy for her. Cole comes up, she introduces them, Cole ignores Daniel, leaves. Now they talk more, but Paige is fine, JJ has moved on with Roxanne, and so she is, too.
Daniel leaves, Cole returns, she says he was rude, Cole says Daniel looked at him funny. (??) He wants to know what they talked about, it looked personal.
Jen has called Eve, making sure she doesn't blab anything to Paige. Eve won't, says she hates Jen so much. Jen could care less.

Nicole runs into Aiden, wants some free advice. He thinks maybe a parking ticket, but she really wants to know how he & Hope managed to overcome the problems they first had, as she has a situation she wants to rectify.....but at top speed.

Chad talks to Daddy on the phone, thanks him for sending over the cost analysis. Says Kate was impressed thinking Chad had done it. He is only interested in taking her down.
Kate is having breakfast with Clyde, brags how she has Stefano over a barrel, but Clyde doesn't think she should take Stefano for granted. Oh, but she has ammo she has not even used yet.

Maggie has called Rafe over, is worried about the depressed Victor.
Rafe has noted, too, that Vic hasn't been around. He goes in, all jovial, to talk, knows Vic has been upset since Sonny was stabbed. Mentions he is going to start sniffing around, see what he can find in re: Clyde..and Victor has a major fit. NO! Stay away, you will ruin everything. Vic figures Clyde has been getting too greedy, is gonna make a mistake, and Victor will be ready when he does. Meanwhile, Victor is putting on this pretense to protect Maggie and others.

Cont'd in post #4...Poirot

And sorry....that is all. Anyone in NY area who is able to go to COZI and got the rest of the show.....please add on.
If anyone elsewhere in the country gets to see the whole show..we would appreciate hearing about the last half hour. Thank you!

Oh, for crying out loud, NBC just broke in to let Hillary Clinton jibber-jabber about her e-mails. It's not bad enough we have to listen to the President jibber-jabber every time the wind blows, but now we have to listen to someone else?? Do your jibber-jabbering for the reporters and media and let them mention it online and on the nightly news. Don't tie up daytime TV because you like the sound of your own voice. :angry:

JJ went to the university to beg Paige to give him another chance because he never stopped loving her. Paige walks away.
Stefano calls Victor asking for his help on something and Victor says I am listening the show ends.

A few of the things I remembered.

O.K. saw the end now........sheesh. Gonna make this short. JJ tries his best to make up with Paige, but she is having none of it. Walks off.
Daniel talks with Jen about Paige, she is evasive, tells him all over with Roxanne, tho she thought differently yesterday. But today she know it is. He gets a call, tells her to stay put, but she leaves the office.
Eve is out shopping, runs into Maggie, who suggests she donate some clothes to the clo9thing drive since she has all this new stuff. Eve is nasty, won't give anything in any program that Jennifer is working on, no matter that her daughter is also working on it. She is really nasty, Maggie wonders why she is so worked up when JJ & Paige are all broken up now. Eve stalks off.
Rafe runs into Clyde in the park, questions him about what he did to cause Vic's depression, mentioning the new trucking company in the process. Rafe lays it on pretty good, Clyde smiles at how old and unable to cope victor is these days. Suggests Rafe find something else to occupy his time off. He leaves, Rafe mutters with a smile....nah, think I'll stick with this one.
Nicole talks with Aiden, who thought she was talking of Eric, learns she means Daniel, advises that they face their "ancient history" together. (he had brought up Jen & Dan.)
Chad & Kate trade barbs back at the DiMansion, when he brings up her dalliance with Clyde. They agree to just stick to business.
Victor pours himself a drink, smiles, toasts Clyde, whose downfall he sees coming.
Daniel calls Jen, is leaving a message that Nicole overhears. All about worrying about Jen, as he still cares for her a lot.
Victor is sipping his drink...gets a call from Stefano, who wonders if he could get Victor's help with something.

I still have the episode on my DVR and watched it live. I literally forgot half of it though, it was rather boring.

The $4 haircut crack wins the day. I also liked seeing Rafe in cop mode.

Eve is being written way over the top in her hatred of Jen/JJ. This can't end well. (Then spreading it to the admittedly annoying, but innocent, Maggie.)

Daniel. Daniel, Daniel. Not only do you and your toddler daughter occupy an inordinate amount of screen time with your own dumb shenanigans, but NOW you're in the JJ/Paige mess? Ordering Jen to "stay put"?? Leaving her multiple messages? OH PLEASE. I hope Nicole has an epiphany about him and chucks him in the ditch.

Apparently the free Salem cellphone doesn't allow blocking numbers. RIDICULOUS.

Paige is still boring. Daniel is stalking the college set? Yikes. Stupid writing. Meanwhile, will someone please inform Daniel that going on a date IS NOT THE SAME as getting married or even "seriously involved"?? What an absolute twit this man is.

I'm going to guess today's episode was written by a different writer than yesterday's episode.

Best line of the day. (the $4.00 haircut one) I really liked Rafe faking the "what did you do to Victor" conversation. Laughed when Chad remarked to Stefano that Kate was "out with that hillbilly".

(Just an aside........but Victor did note that Clyde is very smart man. Clyde uses that aw shucks demeanor to make another person feel superior, when all the while he plans to pull the rug out from under lthem. Victor does not underestimate Clyde, not one bit)

And ......yep, there is ol Daniel, shoved into the Paige/Cole/JJ story at the college, over to Jen he goes, and next...bet he will be facing Eve. Yep, he just has to be in every story, doesn't he?

Yup, I really don't get why Daniel is suddenly so interested in the teen gossip that Jennifer engages in, or stalking the college kids. I know he just HAS to be in every storyline, according to these writers, but why not have him briefly just ask Paige if she's doing alright while she's at her internship? I guess because, since nobody in Salem works, Paige will never be doing her work as an intern at the hospital. :rotfl:

Yup, compared to yesterday, this episode was quite bland.

The episode aired on COZI TV in NY. They did a crawl saying to switch over due to the funeral. I wonder if it is available online?

It was a boring episode indeed but Daniel also told Jen that he didn't believe her about Roxanne. He knew she was lying because he knows her so well. That is why he was so persistent with her at the end. I'm betting she will confide in him for the reasons Jason said. He has to be in every storyline. I don't think JJ will care but I do think Eve will because now another person will know. I also think this is the beginning of a potential reconciliation for Jennifer and Daniel. I said this a few weeks ago but they are going to skirt around their issues and make it look like they resolved their issues without really resolving them. Jen confiding in Daniel is just the thing to get him to think Jen does trust him yet it won't resolve what she did with the Eric info.

Nicole needs to get a clue about Daniel. The entire episode she was pining over him pathetically. The only reason I watched her scenes is because I was watching live.

Rafe and Maggie was just awkward. Eve and Maggie was just unnecessary.

I thought Jen looked great. Nice to see her in something other than neutral colors. And I liked the wavy hair too.

Rafe was on 2 days in a row. Will we get lucky with a 3rd?

I missed the last few minutes due to the Hillary Clinton thing.. removed personal comment pertaining to actress.....Sparkster

This episode was so boring. I did like the Rafe and Victor scenes and look forward to the DiMera Enterprises story. I'm definitely intrigued by the phone call at the end of the show with Stefano and Victor. I hope they take on Clyde together. Could be pretty good. I like the chemistry between Nicole and Aiden. If they decide to break up Hope and Aiden or Bo comes back, I wouldn't mind seeing Nicole with Aiden. Otherwise the rest of the show was dullsville.

I found myself reaching for a book about halfway through the episode. The only thing that really kept me interest was the Rafe/Victor and Rafe/Clyde scenes. I did find it kind odd that Maggie called Rafe because Victor seemed "depressed" I'm not sure who she should have called but he just seemed like an odd choice. Aw well, I won't complain too much because it appears at least that they are finally getting him involved in this story again when he should have been all along.

I want to say that I think Kassie Depriva (Eve) is a very attractive woman but what I'm about to say may sound *read* like an insult but I don't mean it that way. But the expression on her face when she was talking to Jennifer on the phone and hissing that she hates her guts made me think of Gollum in "The Lord of the Rings." After she hung up I half expected her to say "I hates the Hortonses precious, I hates them forever." Sorry I just had to get that off my chest, I'll show myself out.

I agree today's show was blah.

I guess since Tammy Sue is gone other women will be dressed like her.
Jen sort of had a peek a boob dress on. Nicole had a different kind dress on...
Lookie, lookie at my bozooms LOL

What an odd conversation she had with Aiden especially since he thought
she was still involved with Eric.

I laughed when Nicole said "Frowny Face"

I wonder what Victor was looking at on his tablet. He had a weird smile on his
face. Good to know he is waiting to get even with Clyde.

We saw four people bump into each other. Maggie and Aiden were both looking at
their phones when they bumped into Eve and Nicole. Someone needs to put radar in
phones to let people know to get out of the way... or maybe people just need to stop
using their phones so much :)

I wonder if anyone has gotten hurt by someone walking into them while looking down on their phone.

I don't get it--I usually don't have my phone out when walking, but when I do, I'm able to move out of the way and navigate without bumping into someone. Days needs to use better ways to have people bumping into each other; maybe someone jogging in the park and running into someone, or tripping, or slipping on ice (it's winter, after all, and in the Midwest).

Why does JJ think he can get Paige back after his hate boinks with Eve?? Perhaps, he's seen The Graduate in which Benjamin ends his affair with Mrs. Robinson, disrupts her daughter's marriage ceremony, and then rides off in style with the almost-bride on the city bus. If so, someone should tell him that it was only a movie and that Salem doesn't seem to have buses. Meanwhile, over at Salem U., Cole committed an offense even worse than vandalizing the Horton memorial tree -- he brushed off the mighty Daniel Jonas. Apparently, he hasn't heard that the very sight of Dr. McScruffy is supposed to awe men and make women swoon. Finally, was good to learn that Victor hasn't folded his tent in the battle against creepy Clyde. Hopefully, Days viewers will eventually get what is a fond wish for many of them -- the Poplar Bluff pervert getting what he richly deserves.

Today's episode was quite boring. The only interesting parts were the scenes between Victor, Rafe, and Victor and Stefano at the end. I cannot believe how arrogant JJ was when he approached Paige and expected her to just take him back when the day before she believed he had moved on with Roxanne. Paige should keep him at a distance for the garbage he put her through but like most of the women in Salem she will probably forgive him and take him back until she finds out the truth about him and Eve :rolleyes: . I am glad that Jennifer has had second thoughts and realized that JJ is going to dig himself a hole without discussing the situation with Paige about what happened with Eve.

Another woman who needs to get a clue and move on is Nicole. I love the character but she keeps pathetically hanging on to Daniel when he so obviously is not that interested. I still think the writers plan to move Daniel back with Jennifer especially after their scenes today. I like Sparkster's idea that she and Aiden would be good together if Bo ever comes back and reconciles with Hope.

I'm going to guess today's episode was written by a different writer than yesterday's episode.
Yesterday's episode was written by script writer Melissa Salmons, today's script writer was Carolyn Culliton. I have noticed that the episodes written by Melissa Salmons seem to flow a lot better, and the storylines are more coherent under her writing. I also get irritated by the way both Richard and Carolyn Culliton portray Daniel. I tend to get more annoyed with him when they are writing the episode because they tend to make him out as the superhero, do no wrong character that I cannot stand.

Most of this episode drove me crazy with all the JJ and Paige stuff! As awful as Eve is, I wouldn't want my daughter dating JJ either! It was bugging me how JJ kept telling Jennifer how SHE gave him another chance with Paige. I was really hoping Paige would tell him to stuff it, and I have always liked JJ. Don't even get me started on Daniel's involvement and that phone message he left for Jennifer that Nicole overheard! I could tell this was the beginning of Jennifer and Daniel's true love happening again? The relationship that they were more broken up than together? I can't!!!

I did get a chuckle out of Victor's lines and when Nicole calls Hope "Frowny Face".

There IS a difference in scenes with different dialogue writers. But last week, in one of the very strong and good episodes, I know I checked and it was Carolyn Culliton who wrote it.
Days DOES have an editing problem, and that stems from filming so fast. We note that there are days when Days is all over the map, short little scenes are thrown in here and there, so the flow of the show is very uneven. And that is in the editing. And some of those scenes can be written by different writers, though we see in the credits just one credited for the entire show.....and that is the one listed at the very end of the credits.

:OT: Credits are listed with the Exec Producers first, then Director, Head writers, then the breakdown and dialogue writers, with the one who wrote the episode just watched being the last name :back:

Back