Days of Our Lives - Tues., Mar. 19, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Replay again of Kayla using the paddles on Marlena, and her flatlining, while Sarah watches. John stand back, urging Marlena to come back, but when Kayla stops, is sorry, he goes to hold his love, telling her how much he loves her, and also that if she isn't coming back to him, then to take him with her right now. The monitor beeps, her heart begins to beat, John is still talking, still urging, and telling her to open her beautiful eyes. She does.....what happened? They say how they thought they lost her, Kayla checks the vitals, she is doing well. She is about to take the IV bag, says she will do it later, leaving John alone with his wife.

Brady is out in the hall, warning Rex big time about Eric stealing Sarah away, and how awful Eric really is. Rex is not worried, Eric is just friends with Sarah, and he trusts him. Kayla arrives with the good news, Brady rushes to go see her. Eli arrives, Kayla is glad he came, says she saw a small pinhole in Marlena's IV, thinks someone injected more penicillin into the IV bag. John has come out, Eli says they have not seen Kristen at all. Eli goes in to see Marlena, mentions they checked the security footage at front door. Marlena notes Kristen uses other entrances, and is a master of disguise. Eli bags up, takes the IV, and is gone.

Leo runs into his mother, who has just gotten food for John, tells her of Marlena flatlining. Diana expresses remorse, Leo calls her on it, she is faking it. He calls her out on not telling him Richard Cooper was not his father, letting Richard call him a limp wrist, not letting him know he did have a decent father. Thus, Diana learns that the DNA results were seen by John, and she is so pleased he has accepted Leo as his son so well. Leo tells her he knows she wants John, and if Marlena was standing in the way, she might do something. Diana says she has to take this food to John, Leo should come along.

Diana & Leo come into the hospital, Diana sees Brady, introduces herself and her son, mentions food for John. Brady insists he is getting food for his dad at the Pub, knows what he likes, is leaving now, asks Leo to come along.

Sarah has come to the chapel and tells Eric his mom has come to, is fine now, even after the scare. She says she may not have believed in power of prayer, but whatever Eric said, it worked. And now, instead of letting him go see his mother, she insists on this long, long conversation about the kiss, asking if he told Brady it was her that initiated it. No, he would never do that. She says she will own up to it, blah, blah, yada, yada. She talks of loving Rex, having feelings for Eric, he maintains he only thinks of her as a friend. This is disappointing to her. But of course, just when she again refers to having feeling for Eric, Rex arrives.

Brady & Leo sit at the Pub, Brady accepting Leo is probably his brother, but sure he wants to hire him over at Titan, will think about it. He gets a Titan call, goes to take it, talks of a big deal, telling the person to make sure DiMera Enterprises doesn't hear anything about it. Leo is all ears. Brady hangs up, talks of this important deal, going to make a fortune for Titan. Leo says his dad's food not up yet, he has to go, he leaves. Outside, he sends text to Stefan, has info on Titan. Inside, Brady calls Gabi, thanking her for the tip about Leo giving Titan info to Stefan, he has worked out something to combat it.

At the hospital, Eric arrives, visits with his mom, who wants him & Brady to work things out. Not just try, says it is important for his sobriety, and for Brady's. Eric promises no matter what, he won't revert to alcohol.

Diana learns that no sighting of Kristen, but about the possibility of the IV being injected with more penicillin, and now the cops have it, hopefully will find fingerprints.

Ciara comes to visit Ben, at first giving him a hard time about working for Stefan again, and how he claims to be a bad person, after saying he was working on being good. He explains about no harm to females, and protecting Chloe & her kids. This pacifies Ciara a bit, she tells Ben she has not had a good life, talks of dad being in ISA, always on cases, away, gone for years, returns with cancer, dies a month later. She tells of being raped by someone she thought her best friend and step-brother. She doesn't want to be away from Ben. More talk, and they kiss. And kiss again. A shot rings out, we see a bullet hole in the window, as Ben goes down to the floor with Ciara.

Where was Ben when Ciara came to see him and who is after him? Is this supposed to be one of Noodle's henchmen since he is supposed to protect Chloe? Glad that things aren't looking too good for Diana, but, really - Kayla spotting a pinhole in the IV bag??? The way they get all deflated when they are empty? Maybe SHE got the bionic eye?

Got to show Ciara that being around Ben is dangerous........Amazing that the cartel is spending all that money to send their thugs to little Salem town to seek retaliation on a female. And they sure do know to hang around DiMansion. Guess Stefan has lousy outside security.
Ah, yes, spotting the pinhole in the IV. Surprised the liquid did not leak out, even a bit, from that pin hole. Then again, Salem Hospital has so few nurses, plus inept doctors (yes, Sarah do nothing, I am looking at you) that poor Kayla just cannot be in all patients' rooms at once, can she? No wonder Diana wanders freely.

LOL - the show just started here and I was so impressed (not) with how Sarah was so useful during the emergency with Marlena. Do we know what kind of doctor she is supposed to be? I just remember a scene where she came to Marlena's office asking for a consult when she was in the ER, but she ended up just sitting down to ask Eric's mommy how she can make him like her, instead of dealing with the medical situation.

Marlena: John, Kayla, and Eric shouldn't take too much credit for her miracle recovery. It wasn't their emotional support, prayers, or medical intervention that saved the Doc. As viewers know, it was really Tony DiMera.

Brady: When he was expressing his low opinion of sourpuss Eric, he could have gotten in the lowest blow of all: God doesn't listen to his prayers.

Diana: Over the years, Salem has been plagued with liars, crooks, double-dealers, and backstabbers, but she goes to the head of the class in the insincerity department. With her as a mother, it's a wonder than Leo isn't worse than he is.

Ben: He should immediately suggest to Stefan Zero that he upgrade his security. A few interior cameras just aren't going to cut it. For starters, the man who loved an alter should install bullet-proof glass and hire some guards for the DiMansion perimeter.

Thanks, Poirot.

It's a miracle. Marlena is alive... Oh wait.. it's Salem. It happens
all the time.

I'm wondering how the Salem PD is going to get a fingerprint off the
IV line. Will they find Diana's fingerprint? Remember she wasn't
wearing gloves.

Did Rex hear Eric tell Sarah they won't tell Rex about the kiss?

Will Eric keep his promise to God he won't go after his brother's girlfriend?

Where was Ben when Ciara came to see him and who is after him? Is this supposed to be one of Noodle's henchmen since he is supposed to protect Chloe? Glad that things aren't looking too good for Diana, but, really - Kayla spotting a pinhole in the IV bag??? The way they get all deflated when they are empty? Maybe SHE got the bionic eye?
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for the summary. I'm pleasantly surprised that Ben & Ciara patched things up, and it looks like there'll be some good drama for them coming up with whoever sent that bullet through the window.

Otherwise, nothing really new and exciting today. Rex/Sarah/Eric bore me to tears, and getting Brady involved in this is a shame too.

I thought it was funny how Ciara said he came back, had cancer and died a month later. While he was back in Salem for a month (on our screens), wasn't it actually a 24-48 hour period in Salem time? I remember how we joked about the Salem Centennial party, Aiden and Hope's wedding, then Aiden (actually the doppelganger) trying to kill Hope, Bo barging in and saving her, Hope going to the hospital, getting out, having a hot minute with Bo, who made his rounds of loved ones in Salem, getting dizzy, having Kayla run tests, etc., then he died, all within the same 24-48 hour period.

Maybe the writers mixed up Steve & Bo..........LOL. Bo was a cop, all those years. He may have done some ISA work....in fact, that was why he was "gone" the last few years, but it was only a couple years. If I remember right, he & Steve were in a prison in South America, escaped finally, somehow got a motorcycle (no idea how they got into USA...cannot remember) and headed on home. Yes, after Bo got back in Salem, he had the cancer....brain cancer/tumor, I think.

Thanks Poirot!

At one point, when Diana is professing her sorrow at Marlena's passing.....to Leo......he claps his hands, "very good, Ms. Streep". Cracked me up.
Nice line - I worked with her once and she is awesome!

Diana: Over the years, Salem has been plagued with liars, crooks, double-dealers, and backstabbers, but she goes to the head of the class in the insincerity department. With her as a mother, it's a wonder than Leo isn't worse than he is.
I want her gone - she gives me the creeps!

Back