Days of Our Lives - Tues., Mar. 21, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Chad is talking to Gabi, who is all excited when he says he loves her, she blurts out that she loves him, too, so much. But he stops her, needs to finish, tells her he cannot see her anymore, be around her, he loves his wife and is committed to being a family with her and their son. Gabi nearly has a meltdown, claims she understand, Eli appears, having been looking for her. She introduces them, and goes inside with Eli.

Meanwhile Abby is fooling with the mike, which isn't working, asks Dario to help out, he takes it, well, it helps if you turn it on. Duh, says Abby. He looks for chad, she notes he stepped out to take care of something. Dario apologizes for his rudeness earlier, then asks her to dance. (Want to know how it bugs me to see a couple "dance" without moving an inch from where they are? Why not ask to sway a bit, lol). Chad cuts in, lots of kissy stuff, as "their" song begins to play. Gabi watches, turning green with envy, pretends she has to go to ladies room, but goes to Dario's office, breaking down in tears. Abby comes in, knows why Gabi is upset, tells her she can't bear the idea of them not seeing each other, but is looking forward to them both being able to be friends, see each other, hang out, etc.

Deimos's thug comes in, no trace of Nicole after she left the Brookville clinic. Deimos is angry, time for revenge. He gets a large black suitcase, unzips, looks inside, says something about anyone stealing from him needs to be paid back, and pulls his thug off looking for Nik, different assignment.

Brady & Nicole are in Canada, lovely home, she remarks about being on Moosejaw Rd. She cannot get over how Brady arranged all this, small town, fake names, etc. They small talk, he suggests he stay there with her, no she cannot allow it. Knock at the door, woman from next door, happy someone is here now, cottage has been empty for a year. She is Hillary, Brady says hi, I am Freddie Smith (lol, that is the name of the actor who plays Sonny) and this is my wife, Bridget. Hillary has made some banana bread, which has to cool, will bring it over, but will sit there for a while, and starts asking what is their story? (she is really nosy). Brady starts with a song and dance about going to school together, being best friends, both married others, made mistakes, and they sort of get into the truth of Brady picking up the pieces, and vice versa, caring about each other, and being BEST friends. Brady has to leave, will be back some time soon.

Chloe sits in the square with Eduardo, who talks of Nicole being gone when they got to the clinic. But not to worry, he will find her & the baby. Deimos comes along, what did Chloe lose now? Ed says earrings, but Deimos wonders where she will look next after leaving the Brookville Clinic. He is gone, Chloe tells Ed she is grateful for his help, so will help him with Kate, make her jealous. She has lots of dealings with Kate, knows how to push her buttons. Ed asks how exactly she would do that....Chloe lays a big kiss on him. He is rather surprised, taken aback, tells her he is in love with Kate. She knows that, can't imagine why, but rest assured, it is strictly business between you and me.

Eli has asked Gabi to dance, she is not feeling too well, asks him to get her a gingerale. Dario comes up, knows Gabi got bad news, suggests she might be better off leaving. She agrees, and tells this to Eli when he returns, then leaves.

Deimos's thug comes into the club, tells Abby he is new reporter for the Spectator, can he get a statement from her, maybe outside? She follows him out.

Chad gets up to make his speech, gives all credit for the fundraising success to his wife, everyone applauds, but no Abby shows up on stage with him. Dario goes outside, finds some i.d. things that belong to Abby on the ground. The area is empty.

Gabi is alone, going home, the thug comes up behind her. She stops, he circles round, is facing her.

Up on Moosejaw Rd. in Canada, Nicole & Hillary are finishing off the delicious banana bread. Hillary is promising to introduce Nicole around, she will be making lots of new friends. She leaves, Nicole talks about the nice life they will be having, to Holly who seems to have woken up, she apparently is rubbing her back (she is in a crib) as Nik sings Twinkle Twinkle Little star.

Brady is on the phone to his pilot, telling him to keep the plane gassed up and ready, he will be making lots of short trips, yes, as Freddie Smith. He hangs up, Deimos walks in. Brady did not see his car, Deimos claims it is in the shop, he has a loaner, then asks where is Nicole. Brady doesn't know, Deimos asks again, Brady has no idea, is going up to bed. He leaves, Deimos swears.

Outside Nik's door, Hillary is on the phone. No, sorry, Captain, no dice. Can't do. Last case nearly killed me. She ends the call. So much for no longer being a police detective.

Something interesting......today's writing credit is listed as Sheri Anderson! (She has been announced as creative consultant, part of the new writing team.

Oh, yes, headwriting is still listed as Higley & Quan. Scott McKinsey is the Director (son of the late fabulous GL actress, Beverlee McKinsey).

@KL....:clap::clap::clap:

@the Writer....They do have fake passports/documents, and Brady did mention knowing people in high places...Nicole won't be working anywhere, so not to worry about any background checks, further documentation, etc. And Brady said he got the money from an unmarked off shore account which can't be traced.

those accounts sure are popular among well to do Salemites, aren't they? LOLOL

Thanks, Poirot.

A few things I found interesting without having seen today's show. Cute that the writers used Moosejaw Street. There is a "city" called Moosejaw in the Province of Saskatchewan, west of the province of Manitoba.

Another thing that is kind of life imitating art is the fact that this episode was filmed approximately, what, 4 - 6 months ago, and Nicole and Brady crossed the border into Manitoba. I find it interesting because of news stories in recent weeks of people making the trek to cross the 49th into Manitoba right now.

Maybe the writers channeled Celeste in one of their pre-planning episode meetings. :)

@Poirot - Don't we all have off shore accounts? Mine is only sitting at a balance of .02 cents, so given that Canada has done away with the penny and we round up or down, guess it really is only a balance of $0. :cry::cry::cry:

Salemites never seem to learn from experience. Deimos has again resorted to the tired plot device of pointless kidnappings despite his recent Chad-and-Gabi napping ending rather badly. Similarly, Chloe now wants to yank Kate's chain again. Really? Doing this could end with her in another coma.

Salemites also have bad luck with neighbors. With Aiden, it was the accusative Bree, and now Brady has picked a home that's right next door to an inquisitive, banana-bread-baking former Canadian police detective. As for Nicole's sense of security, she might not feel safe in Canada if she's been watching the popular series Murdoch Mysteries. If she has, she might think that thefts, robberies, kidnappings, and murders are common north of the border, including one in which the bodies of victims were plated in bronze.

Over at TBD, Eli's party experience might have been more interesting if somebody had come over to him and said: "Pardon me, but did you know that the young woman you were talking to is a convicted murderer?" Finally, the comment about the complicated Horton family tree brought to mind the a line spoken by a Boston cop in The Town about Ben Affleck's crew of bank/armored car robbers: "You need a *&$@!* venn diagram for these people."

@Muzza........the episode today was filmed in mid-Sept. And I have heard of Moosejaw, which is why I made sure to mention the street name. There are small antlers over the fireplace. And hey, Nicole even comments about being in a place that could not be any more Canadian ......." 'ey, Brady".

Made me laugh that she caught on to that so quick. LOL

A few things I found interesting without having seen today's show. Cute that the writers used Moosejaw Street. There is a "city" called Moosejaw in the Province of Saskatchewan, west of the province of Manitoba.
Actually, it was "Moose Head Street". Yeah, when I read the summary, I chuckled at the reference to Moosejaw too. So, I was listening for it. :)

So @Poirot how do you feel when you see people who are supposed to be "dancing" barely move from the spot they're standing on? I'm not sure but I just felt the sudden urge to ask. LOL

I'm glad to see that Brady was able to find Nicole a nice place but what happened to the lady with the extensions? *sarcasm*

As far as Nicole's "new friend" Hilary is concerned, she had me rolling my eyes. I mean who does that? There's a fine line between neighborly and being just plain old rude and this lady didn't just cross it she obliterated it from existence.

It's scenes like this and the one with Abigail trying to set up Eli with Gabi two seconds after introducing herself that make me wonder do the writers I don't know talk to and interact with people? Sometimes they seem totally clueless about human behavior.

But speaking of Gabi and Eli I did enjoy their scenes. Gabi needs to move on and if she can't be who I would like to see her with *hint: look at my avatar for a clue* then I'm totally open to giving this a chance. I just hope the writers are as well.

I have to say I got a chuckle out of Eli's expression when Gabi told she's an ex-con. You could tell he was thinking "Okay that's not what I was expecting." LOL

LOL, actually, it is Moosehead Lane......sorry, guess since I heard of Moosejaw, tis what I heard in my head. No idea why areas name some streets by weird names. I know someone who lives on Crackersneck Rd. LOL. I used to live on Pleasant St. Sounds so peaceful, huh? But then I know Wisconsin & Minnesota have some really "different" names for towns.

LOL, Troy, gee, wonder what made you asking about "dancing" on Days. Well, I confess, I love to dance, was a good one. Faithful Dancing With the Stars Viewer. I know the show is limited as to space during filming. But they could move around a bit, just a square foot or two. Ha. I get the feeling perhaps the guys "don't dance" perhaps, so, they just "sway".

That said, agree with your comments about nosy neighbors, insistent date makers.

As to Gabi mentioning she had been in prison......gee, I noted she did not add "for murder", and Eli did not ask. LOL

I really like Eli, I think the actor is charming, can definitely act.

And I definitely like the surprise of finding that Sheri Anderson was writing scripts.

Sheri was asked several times to come back to Days as headwriter.....she said no. But I know she went on the Anniversary tour with the cast members & Greg Meng, promoting the books she wrote......Fiction stories using Days & it's characters. See, this is why we all wish we were flies on the wall backstage, to know what "really" is going on. :)

Well in Gabi's defense, maybe she thought saying why she had been in prison would have been a little too much information for the first date? LOL

Maybe the next time we see Eli he will be looking up her name on "Ewe Search" as Just Samantha suggests.

Personally I think they might be saving that little tidbit for the moment when "Grandma" Julie sees them get acquainted. I hope there are plenty of fall out shelters in the area if/when that moment occurs because the good folks of Salem are going to need them! LOL

And wouldn't Nick be some sort of relative to Eli? I thought he was related to Julie, that's why she's not a Gabi fan. I'm not sure. I don't really remember how Nick fit in. I like Eli too. I hope that put him with someone.

I thought it was funny how Abigail slammed the door duh duh duh, commercial. Then she's just checking that Gabi is ok. I figured she was just checking on her. Just had to be dramatic. This threesome is so done.

Chloe, really? You wanna yank Kate's chain. Guess she didn't learn.

Nicole. I only wish the writers would have let this poor woman have a child and be happy.

Back