Days of Our Lives - Tues., May 14, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Replay of Brady asking for the recording, let Nicole off the hook, and Xander wanting something. It's Brady's CEO job. Sorry Brady doesn't pick his successor, so no can do. Brady offers to stake Xander in his own company, he can prove himself to Victor, take over when Brady is done. Nope, Xander doesn't want any money, so says he will take recording to cops. Brady then offers him a big position at Titan, lots of power, his own office, car. Xander wants an office with a window. Done deal. Brady figures Xander will prove his worth, and be able to take over in time. Xander agrees, but won't give up the recording until he has the signed contract.

Will & Sonny are at the hospital, talking to Rex, later to Kayla. Seems Will's tumor has not shrunk, Will is worried about that brief lapse of memory, Rex says not unusual, may happen again. Kayla later talks of going over his file, talking with the pathologist, seems there was a traces of a compound never seen before by the pathologist, but Kayla has. In that injection Will took to get his memory back. He gets upset, what he took to get his memory back, now is causing him to lose it. She says if they knew exactly the formula, they could possibly find something to reverse it, but Seth Burns had Rolf's diary, and it went missing.

Eric opens the door to find his mother, who says not a word, just opens her arms, giving her son a big embrace. She has heard about Holly, knows how much he loved her, knows Nicole will be depending on him now. He breaks the news of Nicole b laming him, won't talk to him, he has tried. He mentions Sarah wanted to go talk to her, but he told her not to..........since Marlena is now offering to do so. No, do not. She apologizes for accidentally telling Sarah about his feelings, and they go thru a long conversation about it, Sarah, feelings, Nicole. Eric does a lot of blaming himself, he should have insisted on protecting Holly more when Chloe went to Stefan's.

And of course, Sarah goes to see Nicole anyway, and they have a lot of the same conversation. Nicole say no one, absolutely no one protected Holly. Brady only one who tried. Sarah keeps defending Eric, Nicole wonders just why, remembering that she returned expecting to find Eric with Holly, but instead he came in with you. Sarah denies, yada, yada, blah, blah. Nicole talks of losing her lst two children, how happy to have Holly. How she should have gone to see her immediately when she returned, but instead, stayed with Eric. She lost Daniel, now their daughter is dead. She ends up telling her to leave.

Chloe is all tears, Stefan asking what he can do to help, Gabi walks in, expresses her sympathies. He asks what she is doing there, she says unfinished business. Chloe got a call from funeral parlor, asking about a dress for Holly, even tho closed casket. Chloe is breaking down. Evidently Nicole had made preliminary arrangements. Chloe mentions having just bought Holly new dress for some preschool thing (shows us all Holly too big for a stroller!), she cries as she says now it is for her funeral. She decides to go to club, cannot find some stuffed toy she wants buried with Holly. (Wonder what the parents of the child taken from the morgue will feel since her body is now missing).

After she is gone, Stefan snaps at Gabi for being there, they have no unfinished business. Oh, yes they do, as she grabs and kisses him. He resists, she tries again, and bingo, they are making out on the sofa........until Stefan finds the stuffed animal. He gets up, holding it, no more, this is never going to happen again, this is Holly's toy, Chloe was looking for it. Gabi knows he was so fond of Holly, yes he was, helped me a lot to get over not being Charlotte's dad. He decides to go bring this to Chloe at the club, show herself out. She talks to Stefano's portrait, promising all in that house will be hers. That his son took her freedom, she nearly lost her daughter. I am going to get everything I deserve, and so will he.

Brady shows up at Nicole's, says Xander won't be bothering her any more, is going to give him the recording, doesn't matter what he offered him. She thanks Brady, hugs him.

Eric opens his door to a repentant Sarah, who is sorry, she went ahead to see Nicole, wanted to make things better, but just made them worse.

Will & Sonny wonder where that diary is, who would possibly have it.

Xander returns to his room, has a metal box (a safe??) which he opens, figuring he has to put that recording away for safekeeping, in case Brady gets an idea of trying to get it. He puts it in the box, where it will be with his other little “treasures”. Camera pans down to him laying it down next to the diary...a brown envelope underneath them. He smiles.

Sarah sucks the air out of any room (much like Sami). She contributes nothing productive to any conversation. If I went over the head of people I care about to do the exact opposite of their wants, I wouldn't have anyone left. SHE knows better than everyone else who actually has lived in this town. SHE is the best Doctor around. SHE...ad nauseum.

Gotta say, would not want her for my doctor......have yet to see her do one lousy thing, even Rex has been shown doing medical stuff. If she is in the hospital, she just stand dumbstruck, (which I wish she would do when out and about, instead of her non-stop interference in the lives of other Salemites. Honestly do not see what in heaven's name Eric ever saw in her, or Rex for that matter, either.

Guess Eric and Sarah stuff being over was too much to ask. Marlena is annoying as hell. Why she trying so hard to push them together! She doesn't even care that Sarah is involved with someone else. Her ex-husband's son nonetheless!! It's just ridiculous. And now Eric should just say hey great you're back Nicole but I kinda like someone else. I loved when Eric said I need your discretion to Marlena. Yeah, she's kind of a blabbermouth I wouldn't count on it.

Speaking of Nicole, she is also being annoying. All this anger! Can't we ever have a happy storyline?. Ever?!! I have to say I did always like Nicole and Brady together but apparently Eric is her true love. Or so they say.

Please make it stop seemed to be a major theme today.

Sarah: She ought to give up pleading the cause of sourpuss Eric. Her inept efforts just make things worse.

Eric: He's long had the reputation for being Salem's leading sourpuss, but now he's outdoing all his earlier efforts, turning wallowing in misery into an art form. Perhaps, he needs a spell in Bayview to get his head screwed on right.

Nicole: Her angry, accusatory self-righteousness is getting old fast. Isn't there anyone in Salem who can get her to put a sock in it?

Elsewhere it's a case of missed opportunity and a hint of the past.

Ted: It's too bad for him that Dr. Rolf didn't license his magic serum to a major pharmaceutical company that then sold it to thousands of patients. If that had happened, slimy Ted could sign them up for a class action lawsuit, which would make him so much money that he could forget grubbing in the D.A.'s office, buy his own mansion, and join the Salem Country Club.

Xander: So he has his own little box of "treasures?" This brings to mind when Hope had such a box, which was filled with the wallets of all her mugging victims.

Sarah sucks the air out of any room (much like Sami). She contributes nothing productive to any conversation. If I went over the head of people I care about to do the exact opposite of their wants, I wouldn't have anyone left. SHE knows better than everyone else who actually has lived in this town. SHE is the best Doctor around. SHE...ad nauseum.
She had to stick her nose in because she feels sorry for Eric. Her voice, just like Theresa's, is so shrill.
Eric is doing a fabulous job of self-pity. Why is no one questioning whether it really was Holly in that car??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Poirot.

I hope we see happy stuff soon in Salem.

Xander has Nicole's confession recording and Dr Rolf's diary in his
treasure box. I wonder what's in the envelope at the bottom.

I laughed when Gabi was talking to Stefano's picture.

Last edited:
Back