Days of Our Lives - Tues. May 17, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, May 17, 2016

ZZZZZZZZ....oops, sorry. Is this really the middle of Sweeps month? Aiden & Hope stand in her doorway, rehashing the attempt on her life, Andre's part, the kidnapping of Aiden, 6 mos. in the cage, how he escaped, with a few flashbacks thrown in. Aiden proclaims his love a few times, promises to give her space, time, etc. He fudges on a few details, such as Hope asking why they kept him alive, (he flashes back to Andre' talking of backup plan) he tells Hope he doesn't know, Andre' would not say.

Belle & Brady sit on a bench in the park, having just returned from trying to visit the parents, and being turned away. They have a little talk, about Theresa, his upcoming marriage, Theresa's insecurities about Summer, saying he had a hero complex, yada, yada. Belle rather agrees with that assessment, he doesn't. He mentions Philip, she says he dumped her, said she was still hung up on Shawn, Bradys asks if she is, No, Yes, I don't know. (pick one, she hasn't yet)

Theresa is strumming a ukelele, Anne arrives to work on DJ Wear, Theresa is in no mood, moans and groans about Summer, and Brady's constant interest in her. Anne tries to talk her out of it, no dice, they mention Summer's other name "Cindi Callahan", Theresa thinks is suspicious, Anne reminds her that she did the same, calling her "Jeannie T" Theresa confesses to having sent a printout of Cindi's Pal Page to Victor, & John, figuring they may do some digging. Anne reminds her John in hospital, Victor had heart attack, Maggie is paralyzed, they may have other priorities now. They argue, Anne tries to convince her Brady loves only her, after all her proposed, did he do so to anyone else. Theresa rattles off crazy Chloe, crazy Kristen, Madison, Arianna, & now me.

In the square, Maggie sits with Summer, chatting of weather, Summer starts asking questions about her bio father, Maggie has no answers for her, tells her to drop it. She has no idea where the guy is from, or his last name. Along comes Victor, wanting to take Maggie to tea at Julie's, Maggie goes tofind the waitress & cancel their order, Victor confronts Summer with the anonymous letter he received, her picture & fake name. She admits she was a con artist, used several names, Maggie knows all about it. Maggie returns, leaves with Vic.

Panicky Summer calls Dario, who is finally able to come, explaining he was under quarantine at the hospital, while visiting his sis, but everyone was let go, they have serum for all, he is not sick. She tells of Victor getting the picture, Dario really is not oncerned, she wants his help, he figures he gave her enough with Clark's dead body. They argue a bit. Brady & Belle spy them, he says they are dating, Belle doesn't think they act like a couple in love

Dario leaves, Brady comes to talk to Summer, who gets ticked off, that her life is her own, she is tired of all his questions, leave her alone, Theresa is always telling her to just leave Salem, and she will, because no one wants her there. She storms off. Brady is calling after her, wait a second....and there is Theresa, asking "why?", & wondering what Brady is doing there. He explains how he & Belle were not able to see John & Marlena, so left. With dripping sarcasm, Theresa replies "So, instead of coming home to your fiance' and son, you go to Summer.

Maggie & Victor are at Julie's, he thinks she has something on her mind, she mentions Summer asking about her father, but Maggie has no info. Vic offers to have his people try, but Maggie emphatically say NO! Vic mentions it being time to take her to her AA mtg., then he will return as he is meeting Justin. Julie has offered to have Doug take her, goes out to get him, Maggie tells Vic she doesn't want to keep him waiting and takes off.

Hope is at the cemetary, sitting on the ground by Bo's grave, crying a bit, telling him he was her one true love, then talking of how she thought she was finally moving on, had found someone good. But I am at a fork in the road, am so lost, don't know what to do. Can you give me a sign, something that will tell me which direction to go. I used to think I was a strong person, but I don't know how much more of this I can take.
Behind her, Aiden steps out from behind some shrubbery.

Thanks for the write-up. Bless you Poirot--I don't know how you can sit through boring episodes like this one. In any case, I'm glad I didn't have to. Seems like Anne was the highlight of the show.

While I'm tired of Theresa's jealousy, I wholeheartedly agree with Summer today--nobody wants her in Salem. She should just leave. Why is Brady so hung up on this woman, especially considering how she was a con artist? I just don't get the appeal. It was nice to see him interacting with Belle.

Maggie & Victor spending time with Doug & Julie is also nice. More of this, please.

And finally, Hope & Aiden. Why does he continue to lie? Just be honest and then maybe Hope will get over everything! But you know when she learns about Aiden's numerous fibs, she'll just choose Rafe. For such a smart lawyer, you'd think he wouldn't be so dumb with this.

got a kick out of the news from the hospital via the visitors, that the virus danger was over, they had received enough doses for everyone, etc. Not a 10 second scene of Kayla or Fynn telling anyone, even on the phone.

And so interesting that Brady & Belle were refused admittance because of the quarantine, and yet just minutes later, Dario, who was under quarantine, had been released because the danger was past. Sigghhhh.

When they have "cut scenes".....I could have suggested a great many others, than the ones they chose...but that was in the past. Have not seen much of Lani now, have we? Hmmmm.

And, in my opinion, that conversation between Aiden & Hope was dumb. First, being they stayed in the doorway for such a long period of time. Next, either come out on the stoop, Hope, or ask Aiden inside. Now I understand not wanting him in the house. Then go out on the little porch. But then, I forgot, Salem doesn't have any insects flying around, or birds either. That is why they can leave doors open, have no screens on their windows, and have bare arms, etc.

And, in my opinion, that conversation between Aiden & Hope was dumb.
It sure is. Aiden is lying to Hope and Hope is lying to Aiden. Theoretically, this could be the beginning of a real Salem relationship. Speaking of relationships, it might be nice if the writers informed the viewers why Shaggy Phil dumped Belle. Why would hot-to-trot Philly K. dump an overheated woman who always seemed ready for some bedtime action at the Salem Inn? Meanwhile the awful Jeannie T. -- Summer plot dragged on ... and on ... and on. At least this snoozefest produced a good line from Anne about being "steeped in cynicism."

Why is Brady so hung up on this woman, especially considering how she was a con artist? I just don't get the appeal.
Good point. When it comes to the psycho mermaid, Brady's attitude appears to be, don't bother me with the facts. If Anne did a Ewe search that discovered Summer was murdering old women for their money, Brady would probably say: "She's gotten past that."

Well, he did remind her today, when she complained about him asking so many questions, that he gave her $50,000. Ungrateful wretch spits out...Do you want it back?

Odd question, Brady, when she claimed she had to give it to a "mark" that she had swindled.

That was a dang difficult show to sit through. Wow. I have kept in on the DVR simply because I might have insomnia later this week and need drug free assistance in sleeping. Slow, non nonsensical. If I hadn't had a poodle sleeping and snoring in my lap, I'd have done something else.
:clap::clap:Thanks Poirot for watching this and writing it up. You deserve a medal for shows like this one, or perhaps a glass of wine. :wine:

I don't think Theresa mentioned Melanie when she said the list of women.
I wonder why.

I guess it's official Nicole didn't sell DJ Wear to Deimos. It was talked about,
but until today I don't we knew for sure if it was sold or not.

Interesting to see Anne not wearing a wrap around dress. I think wearing
something different changed her since she wants to make DJ wear a
success and not waste time taking down Summer.

I wonder why Maggie is so against about finding Summer's father. Did she
lie about who it was? Will he somehow find his way to Salem :)

Does Salem have bugs besides the electronic kind? I kept wondering how
many flew into Hope's house since the door was open.

Nice to see Julie. I hope we see Doug next time she's on.

It was funny when Aiden asked Hope if she killed Stefano and she lied to
him that she didn't.... maybe they belong together after all

Oh, Poirot, I'm so sorry you had to wade through the dreck that was this episode. I FF'd the vast majority of the episode with the exception of the Belle/Brady and Aiden/Hope scenes and even then I felt like I was seriously wasting precious minutes of my life. Why is this show so bad right now? I don't get it.

So crazy, crazy, dead, dead and escaped before she could fit either of those categories. Not a great track record there, are you really sure you want to be with Brady, Jeannie T?

Also, Philip dumped Belle when? Did I blink and miss that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back