Days of Our Lives - Tues., Nov. 29, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thanksgiving Day continues, but at the Kiriakis home, bedlam ensues. The family comes into the library after dinner, with Victor bemoaning the cranberry concoction, Sonny's favorite, but he did not show up. Maggie pleasantly tries reasoning, talking of Sonny's mom trying to make a decision, Sonny wanting to be there with his parents..... to no avail, as Deimos & Philip follow them in.Vic thinks the decision between Lucas & Justin is a no brainer. Ahh, Brady arrives with Tate, asking if any turkey is still left. Of course there is, Maggie takes Tate, but doesn't take cranky Brady long to get into an argument with Philip & Deimos over them settling some Titan deal without consulting him. The fact this was 2 days ago, time of the essence, doesn't mean a thing. He tells Victor to shut up, he is retired and nothing to do with this. Philip suggests talking with Brady privately, tries to explain, but Brady is ranting and raving.

Phil notes that he understands Brady being upset about Theresa, but he is taking it out on them all. Brady is pretty nasty, tells Phil that is he speaks the truth, then speak it, Phil notes Brady & Tate are better off without the drug addicted mess, and it is good she is gone. Brady gut punches Philip, who doubles over in pain, Maggie & the others come in, Maggie scolding Brady. He takes Tate & goes up to his room, where he is throwing stuff into a plastic bag, talking to Tate about how they don't need Theresa, that Tate has him, and they won't ever talk about her. He comes down with the bag, asks Maggie to get rid of this trash, and out the door he goes.

Maggie realizes that Brady is in denial, and needs to talk to someone. Philip adds that is the problem, he won't talk...to anyone. She figures to call Marlena. Victor & Deimos talk, he tried to help, always just makes things worse. Deimos calls Eduardo privately tells him his first shipment came through, everything went smoothly, customs had no problems. Mutually beneficial business. Ed asks how his Thanksgiving went, Deimos comments that all the years in prison he thought about families gathering for Thanksgiving. Not what he thought. He chats with Victor a bit, who tells him that he wanted a family Thanksgiving.....be careful what you wish for.

Maggie talks to Philip, who admits he is a jerk, confesses he agreed to help Chloe, but Maggie figured that out (Phil claiming to be daddy), Phil flashes to her telling him the baby is Nicole and Daniel's, then says Chloe's secret is not his to tell. Maggie agrees.

Brady sits in church, Marlena arrives, he is not too happy, wanted just some peace & quiet, Marlena won't talk, just will listen. He begins yakking about Theresa, how could she just up and leave her son, we were married, said vows, she wanted this......but he admits it was he who wanted all that, he did not look at anything from her perspective, or what she wanted, what would make her happy. Marlena assures him nothing is his fault, Theresa kept it all hidden from him. There was nothing he could do. He is quiet, she puts her arm around him, they sit together in silence.

Eduardo arrives at Kate's house with a bottle of wine, glad to find her home, thought she would be out having T-day with her family and friends. She says the day is overrated, she doesn't like pretending to be thankful for something she really is not wanting to give thanks for. They drink wine, and play verbal "footsies". Innuendos galore. He tells her about aligning with Kiriakis shipping, she notes he is in bed with the K family, did not give Dimeras a chance. He explains the deal was too good to pass up, she insinuates DiMeras could have been better. He talks about this perhaps interfering with the two of them, she notes it could, but then she never engages in pillow talk. He wants to know why all the talk of bed and pillows, she is giving sly looks. More of this back and forth, until he finally says enough of all this talk of beds, let's get to it. Why what do you mean. He takes off his jacket, tells her he likes everything about her, she smiles.....they kiss.

In the Horton attic, JJ stands in shock.....Abs, it is you. Yes. Big hugs, near tears. He is all excited, wants to tell mom & Chad downstairs, she is trying to tell him NO, he rushes out.

Downstairs Chad & Gabi are talking of raising their children, each of whom has lost a parent, how hard it is, that Chad is doing such a good job. He puts his hand over hers, Jen comes to the doorway, Chad is saying he could not have done it without her. Jen comes in the room, asks about JJ, Gabi explains about wanting to get toys for Ari, Jen cannot believe he went shopping. No, up to the attic.

Jen rushes out just as JJ comes barreling down the stairs, warning him to not say a word, her hand over his mouth as she shoves him out the door. Outside, keep his voice down, yes she knows Abby is up there. JJ is appalled he was not told, Jen tries to explain how fragile Abby is, JJ can tell no one, Abby is just this close to the edge, is terrified, and she could just disappear again, Jen doesn't want to lose her. JJ hugs her, promises to keep quiet. They go back in, he goes upstairs.

Gabi & Chad have been concerned, something is off/wrong. Jen claims she saw a rat up there, JJ got upset, too. She suggests Chad & Gabi take the kids to the festival, while JJ takes care of it all. JJ agrees, Chad volunteers to have JJ go with Gabi, but Jen & JJ refuse. So, they both leave with the children. JJ goes up to talk to Abby.

Gabi & Chad wheel their buggies/strollers (does seem Ari is too big for one of those??) talk of their kiss, her back with JJ, both are still friends, but something odd was going on back there. Something was off with both Jen and JJ. Gabi leaves.

Abby had quickly gathered her stuff together, the room is empty when JJ comes in, softly calling her name. He sees the window open, pushes it open further, looking out. But Abby comes out of hiding, she did not know who had come in. JJ is trying to talk her into revealing herself, talking of how much Chad loves her. But Abby says no, he has moved on. JJ says no he hasn't. Oh, yes, replies Abby, he has......with Gabi!!!

Well phooey! I had the tv on mute, while getting lunch. Saw bits and pieces but didn't hear what was being said. I was so hopeful that JJ had told Chad about Abby. So more dragging out her secret, and more of throwing Chad and Gabi together. :angry: The only hope of ending this is that now JJ has some clue that something is in the air between Gabi and Chad. More drama to come.

This was really painful to watch.

The JJ/Abby reveal was really badly done. JJ was so nonchalant about it. And Abby didn't even explain anything to him about why she was alive or how she got there. I did like that JJ was mad at Jen and trying to get Abby to reveal herself. I also liked that we finally got Jen's perspective on why she is going along with Abby. It made sense but I still don't like it.

I'm so sick of the Kiriakis clan. I could have just as easily watched those same scenes without Deimos and it wouldn't have made a difference at all. Don't TIIC see this? Deimos really is not needed. Give his contract to Belle instead. I'm liking Philip more and more though. He should be the one running Titan not Deimos.

SHOCKED we got a Brady and Marlena scene. Word on twitter from someone knowledgeable is that these scenes were edited. Yet Maggie aired for the entire episode while Marlena popped up at 1:45pm. Not acceptable. I get why Marlena isn't included in the holiday stuff but they should have showed her with Brady and Tate and Claire and Paul at the townhouse or something. They could have said John was on a call in the other room.

Completely tuned out Kate and Eddie.

I liked Marlena's casual look but she needed either a longer blouse or a looser, slightly longer jacket.

Marlena did say to Brady that John was out of town, (also asked if Brady wanted his father to look for Theresa). I do think it remiss that Claire was at the Brady Pub T-Day dinner, but with John out of town, Belle still in Hong Kong, why was Marlena not there? I guess so she could be there for Brady. And where was Brady during the K family dinner?

Yesterday's Bad Manners Monday was just a prelude to today's total Salem holiday dysfunction. Over at the Deveraux home, Jenny would rather say she has a rat in the attic than tell Chad and Gabi that Abigail has bats in her belfry. Things were even worse at the K-mansion as distraught Brady, conflicted Philip, grouchy Victor, and fed-up Deimos did their best to make the holiday a clunker. Justin may not be too happy about being cooped up with angry Lucas and foolish Adrienne, but when he hears about today's family fracas, he'll realize that against all odds, he was in a better place. As a sign of how truly dismal things were, the most holiday cheer emanated from the Martin House as Kate and Eduardo celebrated Thanksgiving with a bottle of red and some conversational sparring, which seem to be leading toward the retired assassin joining his son on Kate's long list of bedmates. Imagine, Eduardo's reaction if and when he tells Rafe that he's bedded Kate only to be told, "Welcome to the club."

I think there's two reasons why Ari is still in an infant stroller is twofold: 1) The producers really don't think the audience pays any attention to those kinds of details and 2) that way they conceal the fact that both Gabi and Chad are pushing empty strollers. Notice we didn't actually see either Arianna or Thomas today?

Not too much to say about today's episode other then I'm pretty much out of sympathy for Abigail at this point. The more people who find out she's alive the stupider this becomes. Let's move on.

Last edited:
I hope we see JJ and Abby continue their discussion tomorrow since Abby mentioned
Chad has moved on with Gabi. Hopefully, JJ will convince that she's wrong and then
she'll leave the attic to find Chad. We can only hope Abby will do that to move
the story along.

Some funny lines here and there on the show. Kate told Eduardo that Adrienne's
wedding was a typical Salem wedding where someone comes in say something. Eduardo
said he wanted to be invited to a wedding because they sound like fun.

Deimos said "Good thing about being in prison. No family holidays"

So over Abby and this ridiculous secret. The K clan, let's move this along and pick someone already to run the company. Couldn't fast forward quick enough through Eduardo and Kate.

I have to say that besides the very nicely done conversation between Brady and Marlena, the episode was a boring letdown. Why is it that all the Kiriakis men must argue when they're together? And do the writers expect us to still be interested in this Abigail storyline when she is STILL in hiding? Ridiculous!

Well, that way we get to hear her repeat the same dialogue to someone new. First her mom, then Andre, then JJ. And we get to see her do the same things in different places. Sneak peeks at Chad & Thomas in the square, thru the windows at DiMansion, & then the same in the Horton living room.

Back