Days of Our Lives - Tues., ., Oct. 30, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Hattie has a huge hangover, Roman gives her some cure, she downs holding her nose. LOL. He goes out to talk to John, they joke about John owing Roman one, since Roman is almost there, convincing Hattie he is interested in her. Roman goes back in the room, Hattie is all eager to get it on with Roman, they don’t have to wait til she is discharged, right here, right now. She is grabbing him, trying to pull him onto the bed. Roman resists, he is Catholic, she is married to John, they cannot do anything unless she divorces John. Hmmm, she thinks about that. In comes John, wants the divorce, has the papers, she needs to sign them now. She looks them over, needs a pen. She still reads more, Roman whispers the sooner she signs, the sooner they can be together. Hattie rips the papers into shreds, how stupid do you two think I am? She is angry, pouts, then tells Roman if he really cares, prove it, right now, right here, get into bed. Roman is taken aback, in front of John? Who cares. Roman backs off, is sorry, John, no can do. Tried to help. He leaves the room. Hattie tells John he is married to her til death us do part, tell that to Marlena. He says fine…then you will be Marlena 24/7, act like her, be her, but also in a loveless marriage. Live the rest of your life being someone else, with no one caring about you for your real self. Hattie contemplates that.

Claire spots Ben in the square, wants to confirm they work together to break up Tripp & Ciara. Ben comments he doesn’t want to lie to Ciara, and we hear Ciara ask “lie about what” as she & Tripp arrive. Claire makes up a story about Ben not getting the job, (this pleases Tripp) , Ben figures just as well, knows Tripp doesn’t like him. Tripp agrees, leaves to clock into work. Ciara says she will try and help Ben get a job, takes him to the Pub, Uncle Roman loves her a lot. They sit and talk, he thanks her for being his friend, for believing in him. He is talking of feeling solid, safe because of her, hasn’t felt this way since he was 7 yrs. Old. She asks what happened when you were 7. He hesitates, but tells how he did little odd jobs to earn his own money, so he could get his dad a nice birthday gift, one he bought himself. So on his dad’s birthday, he buys the gift, goes home, sees dad’s car by the barn, goes over, hears a scream. Finds a crate he puts on side of barn, looks thru window, sees man hanging by his wrists, ropes, dad is torturing him with some farm tool, says no one owes him money and lives to talk about it. His father found him, told him to remember this, had his 7 yr. old son help him get the body into the wood, bury it. Ben says he did not tell anyone, loved his dad, but never felt safe again. Ciara asks what about the birthday gift. Never gave it to him, ever. It was a necktie. He stops, the realization of what that meant has just hit him. His head is in his hands, Ciara puts her hand on his.

Brady & Eve are in afterglow, but Brady is still beating himself up over all the people he has wronged, and trying to help now. Eve is trying to tell him not his fault, it’s Kristen’s, and Brady spills it all, how he thought he could get Kristen to trust him, help Sami by finding out if EJ really alive. Slept with Kristen. Eve explodes, Kristen tried to kill her, all she has done. How could you. Nothing Brady says helps, she gets dressed, and then breaks the news. Stefan is selling Basic Black, Brady says no, talk to the board. She says it is board’s idea in the first place. She is going to leave town herself. Nothing for her here anymore. She packs and goes.

Jen has called Justin, asks what they can possibly do to help Abby, then knocks on the Kmansion door. Eric answers, sadly breaks the news that Nicole is dead. Jen is shocked and saddened, they talk, he tells all the how and aftermath. She blames herself, if she had told Eric sooner about Nik, but Eric doesn’t blame her, he blames Brady. His fault. He doesn’t know how he can ever tell Holly, who keeps asks where Mommy is.

Claire pretends to Tripp, when he asks, that Ciara did not want him to know, but is finding Ben a job. (Claire really put Ciara on the spot to do it, but doesn’t tell that).

Hope & Rafe sit and jabber about getting Ben, they find where the can of accelerant was purchased, owner only sold one can last 3 months, to a young man. Hope immediately figures Ben, who planted it, wanting in the long run to have Hope blamed for planting evidence.

Eve walks thru the square with her suit case, runs into Jennifer, blames her for everything, Nicole’s death, Brady & her breaking up, Eric’s heartbreak, etc. Jen says she is sorry if she caused Eve any pain, Eve says oh you will be sorry, eventually you will. Walks off.

Claire & Tripp are talking about the planted can of accelerant, she knows it wasn’t Ben, if not him then who. She suddenly has a lightbulb moment, was it you, Tripp. What makes her think that. She is shocked…….it WAS you, wasn’t it?

Is Rafe no longer allowed to leave the interrogation room and interact with other characters? I get back burnering but this is extreme. He has a sister, niece and friendly ex-wife in Salem not to mention other characters who could use a friend. Similarly, when is the last time Hope and Jen interacted?

I mentioned in August that I bet Ciara would ask Roman to give Ben a job. I wasn't far off. Though theoretically Claire could have asked too.

The Ben/Ciara scenes were chilling. And great music effects today too.

Can StefanNo sell Basic Black to John so Belle can run it from Salem? If not, I don't ever want to hear about it again.

Bye Eve! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Thank you, Poirot.

WOW! I never thought the writers would honor history by explaining the "why's" with Ben's killings and using the neckties. I'm pleasantly surprised, and it all makes sense for a change.

Bye bye, Eve. Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out. Don't hurry on back for another visit.

A bunch of us picked Tripp for planting the evidence against Ben. Hopefully Trippy Dippy will be on his way out, too.

Yes Hattie I was thinking the exact same thing. How stupid do they think she is!! This Hattie business needs to ends. There is no way in the world this marriage is valid. I can't believe NO ONE looked at the license before filing it!! Enough already.

Wow. Ben's story was a whoa!! That was awesome that they are tying that in. No pun intended. But personally I wish Ciara had kissed him.

She probably will, when she learns what Tripp did.
Ben telling that story of when he was 7 yrs. old.........what a powerful scene!
Have to say I did not notice any scar on Brady.....It should be very noticeable if it was from a heart transplant. Most viewers have commented about the lack for some time.
When I saw Rafe in the interrogation room AGAIN, unreal. Guess he no longer has to do any "footwork".

Can StefanNo sell Basic Black to John so Belle can run it from Salem? If not, I don't ever want to hear about it again.
Good point. Since Paul is injured and Steve is gone, perhaps it's time for John to get our of the cloak-and-dagger business and get back to basics -- Basic Black.
Bye Eve! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
So long, Eve, indeed. Ms. Donovan didn't exactly cover herself with glory on the way out of town. Why was she so upset about Brady hitting the sheets with Kristen? It was part of his scheme to help Sami and discover Kristen's foul secrets, and, besides, everyone in Salem has slept with almost everyone else at one time or another.

As for other characters:

Little Trippy: Bringing up Ben's past was a case of the pot calling the kettle black. A son of awful Ava who endangered innocent patients to ruin Kayla's career isn't exactly a bargain himself.

Roman: If push comes to shove with Hattie, perhaps he ought to reciprocate wealthy socialite Giselle van Hopper's romantic interest. Giselle has so much money that she could easy play to Hattie's greed and get her out of town.

Hope: The corrupt commissioner and her little helper, Rafe, seem to be riding for another fall. Hopefully, Mr. Pop of Mom & Pop's hardware store tells them that he not only doesn't he recognize Ben's photo, but then provides a general description of the culprit that fits Little Trippy. (If Trippy did plant faked evidence, he could be charged with obstruction of justice.)

Hope's assumption that Ben planned all along for her to get blamed is very far-fetched. I'm not sure anyone in Salem has that kind of brainpower, patience, or strategic abilities. Speaking of which, I'm very pleased about Ben's backstory today. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the young adult set is probably my favorite aspect of the show at the moment. I'm sick and tired of Sami, Gabi, Abigail, Chad, Stefan, and "EJ".

I enjoyed the fact that Eve walked out on Brady after he told her the truth. Mostly because the grief sex was nasty, just as much as it was 7 years ago--why anyone thinks we want to see grief sex is beyond me. But also because a woman is wise enough finally to realize that Brady is an idiot and a loser and just walk away. Sadly, Eve is blaming Jennifer for everything instead of just taking responsibility for her role in it.

I can't believe Rafe isn't out interacting with everyone after the explosion, especially since Nicole was his friend and is now presumed dead. The cops should've been on this case, instead of twiddling their fingers while making ridiculous speculations about Ben.

I'm confused. The person who is now in the hospital, in critical condition. wrapped in gauze from heat to toe, was originally sitting in a wheelchair in the warehouse without bandages. Right? We didn't see his face. So, he got the burns on 90% of his body during the fire/explosion???? Exactly where/who wrapped him up? Did he arrive in ER that way? The first responders said there were NO survivors. That statement alone is very confusing, because I didn't hear them say they found any bodies. Huh?????

Hattie: PLEASE STOP.
Ciara asks what about the birthday gift. Never gave it to him, ever. It was a necktie. He stops, the realization of what that meant has just hit him. His head is in his hands, Ciara puts her hand on his.
I'm not overwhelmed...you're overwhelmed. :cry: Give this dude an Emmy®.
Hope immediately figures Ben, who planted it, wanting in the long run to have Hope blamed for planting evidence.
Why does this woman have a job.
Eve walks thru the square with her suit case, runs into Jennifer
You know - nice words come so easily when you're walking out the door. I was on Eve's side until this scene.
If not, I don't ever want to hear about it again.
:clap::clap:

When the warehouse fire started Sami was leaning over the supposed EJ laying on his side on the floor.
We saw lots of smoke and a flame here and there in the corner of the screen but no fire even close to
either him or Sami. Next we see Sami wheeling out a blanket draped figure.
Fast forward to hospital scenes and low and behold the appearance of the wheelchair mummy.
Sami saved him so if he was burned that bad you would think she would be in a bad way as well.
Just my opinion.

I'm confused. The person who is now in the hospital, in critical condition. wrapped in gauze from heat to toe, was originally sitting in a wheelchair in the warehouse without bandages. Right? We didn't see his face. So, he got the burns on 90% of his body during the fire/explosion???? Exactly where/who wrapped him up? Did he arrive in ER that way? The first responders said there were NO survivors. That statement alone is very confusing, because I didn't hear them say they found any bodies. Huh?????
The mystery patient was well enough to be sitting in a wheelchair in the warehouse. Rolf injected him with something, he lunged at Rolf, who knocked over a bunsen burner, causing the fire to start. The patient and Rolf fought and the patient apparently got burned and fell on the floor. Sami found him and got him out of the building. He was sitting in a wheelchair (outside) with the blanket draped over his head and shoulders (so we didn't see his face). He was taken to a hospital in Nashville and given medical treatment, then I guess airlifted to Salem. He suffered burns to 90% of his face/body (according to Kayla) and presumably suffered smoke inhalation, which is why he's on a ventilator.

Thanks, Poirot.

Great scene with Eric and Roman at the end.

What a story Ben told Ciara about his dad and the necktie gift. Now we know.

So, Tripp planted the evidence against Ben. Will Claire tell Ciara so she can
be with Tripp?

Roman and John should have come up with better plan to get Hattie
divorce
John. John ran in with the papers and she knew something was up. John should
have waited for Hattie to ask him for a divorce to be with Roman.

Did someone in Salem buy Basic Black back
:)

Rafe finally found some hair dye

I laughed out loud when Hattie did the "Marlenaness"

Sami found him and got him out of the building. He was sitting in a wheelchair (outside) with the blanket draped over his head and shoulders (so we didn't see his face).
Yeah! So Sami actually did see him. I suppose he could have been burned so badly that she didn't recognize him????
Also, it seems like as far as we know everyone survived, since there were no bodies. Grrrrrr I hate these games the writers play.

Why does everyone leaving town, walk through Horton Town Square with their suitcase? Is the parking lot there for the entire town? It's almost like everyone hopes they run into someone who wants to know why they are leaving or someone they want to make feel it is all their fault that said character is leaving town? It's so dumb and done so often.

Back