Days of Our Lives -Tues., Oct. 31, 2017

Bobby Ewing may have dreamed a whole season of Dallas, but Abigail's one-episode nocternal reverie has him beat hands down. That said, if Abigail's subconscious is this bizarre, Chad should arrange some sessions with Marlena. Like many posters, I found this episode more than a little much, but at least it was a one-day break from Sami.

Thanks for the recap. In Los Angeles, first the news special was on the horrific events unfolding in NYC, then moved to the craziness in a school in Riverside in SoCal. :sad:

Thanks, Poirot.

Abby has a weird imagination.

I liked Steve and Kayla as Cowboy Steve and Miss Kitty.

I enjoyed seeing Paige with JJ. It was funny when she got mad because he was
dating Lani. He said "I thought you were dead" She replied
is that why you slept
with my mom because you thought I was dead.

We saw Rolf at the end. I was hoping he would open his eyes. Maybe we'll
see him again.

Poirot, I do thank you for watching this and writing up the summary. It doesn't seem very nice to say I won't watch it, after you went to all that trouble, but I believe I will skip this one. Looks like there were several who did enjoy it so that's good. I had the picture on with no sound, while I was getting lunch ready today so I saw bits and pieces without knowing what they were saying. But I was pretty sure it was going to turn out to be somebody's dream.

I wanted a Halloween episode and I got it. I didn't believe any of it, especially Paige with the pitchfork. But I enjoyed it. It was all Abby's dream and basically giving us speculation left. Great job! Abby does have some psychiatric issues so wouldn't surprise me she'd dream that craziness up but I didn't expect her.

The return of Princess Gina. Huge shocker, even for a dream. Was nice for Rafe to interact with Hope's part. 2. I don't think any spoiler could have prepared me for that.

Last edited:
This episode, my gosh, I don't think I've wanted to shriek in fear so much since I first saw the horror classic Monsters Inc in theaters!:eek: Why is everybody looking at me like that? I mean if all those monsters going around jumping out of bedroom closets and frightening young children isn't the very definition of terrifying I don't know what is. I mean I can't be the only one right? :sarcasm:

Seriously, I actually enjoyed the episode for the silly one off that it was. The irony is that since the biggest storyline right now is Will's return from the dead so it didn't actually seem that far-fetched in my opinion. I also appreciated the fact that Abigail fell asleep reading a real piece of literature like "Jane Eyre" and not some stupid pop culture flash in the pan like "Fifty Shades of Grey".

For what it's worth, I loved the Susanna York :love: and George C. Scott version of "Jane Eyre." A re-watch is overdue.

I attempted to watch "Fifty Shades of Grey;" it was an impossible task. :sick: :sick: :sick: :back:

Thanks for the summary. You have an awesome way of repeating details of the show:clap:

I guess I'm in the minority, once again, but I really enjoyed the silliness of this episode. I wasn't fooled into thinking these situations were real, but I truly enjoyed the change. My only negative was Serena. I never liked that character and even in a dream I didn't like her.

I also appreciated the fact that Abigail fell asleep reading a real piece of literature like "Jane Eyre" and not some stupid pop culture flash in the pan like "Fifty Shades of Grey".
Yes Troy, I also appreciated this part of the story! Even the fact she was reading a book sat well with me!

Back