Days of Our Lives - Tues. Oct. 6, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Theresa is walking, rocking Tate, who is non-stop crying. Brady arrives, Theresa says Tate won't take bottle, she has changed diaper, he just won't stop crying. Brady calls the pediatrician, explains what is going on, Theresa gets on the phone, and the amazing doctor says it is probably colic, they will just have to ride it out. Nire rocking, Theresa quiets Tate down with a foot massage, but he starts up again, so she says he likes the car, and when she sings Ride 'em Cowboy Joe & Moonlight Sonata, which she plays on the piano. Seems it was her recital number. Theresa tells Brady how her mom always seemed to pay more attention to their dad, would go into deep depressions when he would go away on assignments. At school, it was the thing in the "in" group to hate your parents, she was always sort of on the outside, so...she figured instead of everyone being mean to her, she would be mean first. (high school) and sort of got stuck in that mode.
She & Brady have taken Tate for a ride in the car, she has sung Cowboy Joe about 40 times, she says, Tate is asleep, both are exhausted as they sit on the sofa. She could never be mean to this baby, he has changed her so much, she thinks of Eve, and doesn't know what she would do if anything happened to Tate. She just would not want to live any more. She is yawning, so is Brady, Theresa dozes off on Brady's shoulder.

Abby isn't feeling so well, is going to stay home, drink some peppermint tea, while Ben goes to meet Clyde, sign papers for the new house. He leaves, and thru the open, screenless window steps Chad. (Yep, a fire escape is conveniently out that window. LOL. She is having a fit, but he had to see her, make sure she was o.k. He tells her all about the cops discovering where he was hiding, his father warning him, and now hiding him. Also that he thinks the person doing the killings is Clyde. Abby cannot believe that, but Chad tells of Clyde being at the club, watching him & Serena getting drunk, who else could have spiked his drink. He figures Clyde wants to frame him to make sure he is no where around Abby, who is betrothed to Ben. Chad warns her to do nothing, he only wants her to keep her guard up. He leaves thru the window.

Ben is with Clyde, talking about the deed, lawyers, etc. Clyde is talking of wanting to help with the wedding, seeing Jennifer who wasn't too receptive, maybe Ben can talk to Abby, to convince her mom to let him help a bit. Abby arrives, is feeling better, Clyde goes into his spiel again, Abby graciously says no, you have done so much already with the house. But Clyde wants them to have all they might want, even mentioning a sitdown dinner for the whole town, perhaps. Abby is a bit hungry, Ben goes to get her some soup, Clyde again makes his offer, she kindly refusing, he leaves to tend to something. When Ben returns, they chat a bit, with Ben actually telling abby he thought she was rude to his father's offer. She is taken aback, but says something about still not feeling all that good. Suddenly, she appears to get some sharp pains. She is saying, ow, ow, holding her stomach.

Earlier, at DiMansion, Chad was pacing around, Andre's comes into the room, joining Stefano & Chad. (So, this is getting very odd, Stefano not saying a word). Andre does the talking, Chad uses the untraceable phone to send a message to Clyde...."I know what you are up to". Andre' thinks it is a dumb thing. Chad leaves (goes to see Abby, see above) and when he returns, says he wanted to see what Clyde was doing. He gets a message back, "who are you, what do you want"? Chad grins, figures Clyde has taken the bait. Andre' pushes the silent Stefano out in his wheel chair, figures Chad is not going to be successful.

JJ meets up with Roman in the under renovation mansion, and tells him he is in deep trouble, cannot get out, he has been holding something back. It takes a while, but he finally tells Roman the entire tale, Clyde is the drug lord, how Kyle disappeared, how Clyde threatened him, his family, Paige. And about Eve ratting him out to Kyle, even giving Roman the bug he found in the clock on the mantle. Roman is angry over the chances JJ took, plus anything JJ learned would not work in court, because JJ was a former dealer and user. The DA would rip him apart. He lectures JJ a bit.

And then, we see JJ calling Clyde, telling him to meet him on the docks. Clyde is mad, JJ doesn't tell him what to do, but JJ just hangs up on him.
On the docs, Gabi is being accosted by some slimeball, who is trying to make out with her, or thinks she's a hooker, or something. JJ happens upon this, can see Gabi is nervous, steps out, calling her honey, sorry I am late, should not have asked you to meet me on the docks. He tells the creep to get lost. Gabi thanks him, explains she was given a letter by a fellow inmate to deliver to the inmate's brother and got lost trying to find the place. The inmate did not mail it, as their mail was always censored. JJ claims he was meeting a friend, but must have got the time wrong. Gabi leaves after JJ points the way.
JJ calls Roman, says he is there (on the docks) and knows what to do.
He is startled when a hand is on his shoulder, spins him around. Clyde is giving him what for, JJ tells him the cops know about his drug dealing, that Kyle wrote a letter naming names, gave to his mother, that is anything happened to him, open it. She did.
JJ says Clyde is going to have to co-operate if JJ is going to keep his mouth shut, starting perhaps with money. Clyde is definitely not happy about this, tells JJ, well, what if I kill you instead. Then your mouth will be quiet permanently, and it won't cost me a dime.

Today was yay for JJ! I seriously love how JJ told Roman the truth and stood his grounds against him. Also was finally nice for JJ to trap Clyde in a corner and bring up the fact he could ruin Ben and Abby's happy marriage if they knew what was going on.

Gabi was interesting and randomly placed. At first I thought JJ was Chad and was going to have to save Gabi ironically after hating her in the best. Then I saw it was JJ, coincidentally Paige's older sister that doesn't know yet.

I'm sorry Clyde, but what possible difference does it make who pays for the wedding at this point? Abby has already told you her mother wanted to pay for it. The Hortons are not financially destitute, they have more than enough money for this, so please stop trying to control everything. Besides, I highly doubt this wedding will happen once Abby learns the truth about the groom. Fingers crossed anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, guess what? I have some thoughts about Gabi and JJ!! I know that's a shocker so if any of you want to grab a soda, or a sandwich or heck even a steak dinner go ahead I'll wait. I'll try to keep it reasonably brief but sometimes once I get started I can go on and on like a bunch of gossipy grandmas in a quilting circle.

First off I'm not one to think just because two characters of the opposite sex are in a scene together they are automatically going to hook up. So I'm not entirely positive that's what is going to happen with Gabi and JJ but it is possible there was a point to their scenes. So here are my thoughts to the objections that may arise.

Age: JJ graduated from high school in 2014 that makes him 19/20. Gabi was seen graduating in 2011 and I know on Arianna's birth certificate the age of both parents at the time of birth is listed as 20. So that means Gabi is only 22 or 23 at the most. Because of everything that she has done and been through it's easy to forget just how young she actually is. But I don't think age is really a factor.

Paige: This one is likely to make people say "JJ was with Paige's mom and now he's getting with her half-sister? GROSS!!" I totally get that viewpoint but one sad fact negates that in my very humble opinion: Gabi and Paige didn't know each other. If they had any kind relationship at all I would say "no bad idea." But I think Paige is probably what's going to bring them together because I think Gabi will want to know about her sister.

Now having said that I will add that IF this happens I think it needs to be a slow burn. JJ needs to really deal with Paige's death which he really hasn't so far before he can move on. We got a glimpse of Gabi's mindset with her comments about why she didn't want to report the lowlife who was bothering her. I think right now her self-esteem is probably pretty much non-existent not that it was that great before prison. So she has a lot of work to do before moving on into any kind of serious relationship. But I do think a friendship could be healing for both of them.

There is however another family issue and I'm afraid I'm going to have to use a four-letter word so I apologize beforehand, I am of course talking about....Nick. Now the impression I got from Hope's comments when Gabi had a hearing coming up that the view of the Horton family seems to be: "Hey, these things happen." And it's not like JJ had any relationship at all with his late cousin that I'm aware of but we mustn't forget Julie. If she's of a mind to that woman could cause more trouble then all the Hortons put together. And I have a feeling she will be of a mind to.

Character issues aside the most important thing is the chemistry between the actors. Now its kind of hard in my opinion to make any real accurate assessment of that based on two short scenes. But I did see something between Casey Moss (JJ) and Camila Banus (Gabi). I don't know if it's enough to sustain a story line but it was enough to make me want to see more. So if hypothetical couple is indeed in the cards I have to kind of say I did like what I saw.

Before I move on I have one quibble about Gabi's reasons for being on the Pier. She said that when a friend in prison found out Gabi was getting released she asked her to deliver a letter to her brother. Okay, but Gabi said that she found out she was getting released ten minutes before the bus left. So either this friend knew Gabi was being released before she knew; or this friend just made a habit of walking around the prison yard with this letter in her pocket and overheard the guard tell Gabi she was getting out. This is one of those things I'm sure the writers don't expect people to remember but I have the memory of, well, an elephant. I know, I know, some of the language in this post is uncalled for I promise I will give my fingers a good washing with soap.

I want to touch on things finally falling apart for the Southern Sultan of Sleaze. It's about time. I have to say though this is the first time the phrase "You're part of the family now" sent chills up and down my spine.

Last edited:
I kept getting interrupted so will probably watch again later.

I also enjoyed Gabi and JJ and I agree Troy that Paige is going to bring them together. I'm curious as to how Gabi will learn the truth about Paige and can't wait for the fireworks with her and Rafe when the truth does come out. I have no issue with Gabi and JJ getting together after some time. It pushes JJ into the 20-something crowd and basically would be him dating his sister's best friend. Not unusual.

As to Brady and Jeannie Theresa, can we start a crowdfund to make this farce of a couple disappear??? I'm glad that Tate doesn't have a serious illness but is colic the best thing they can come up with? I'm not interested in seeing these 2 bond.

I definitely think Ben is under some type of "influence". His comment about Abby being rude caught me off guard too. It seemed unnecessary and sudden. I'm also not understanding Clyde's insistence on paying for the wedding. He just bought them a house!

Maybe it's just me but I find the show much more enjoyable on days when Bo and Steve are not on. Sad. I enjoy both actors and both characters but not this dragging storyline they are in.

I highly doubt this wedding will happen once Abby learns the truth about the groom fingers crossed anyway.
"Highly doubt" is a bit mild. Ms. Perfect has made some poor choices in life, but It would seem highly unlikely that she'd still want to marry psycho Ben after it's revealed that he brutally murdered two women. Elsewhere, the line of the day goes to Chad for saying: "It's like Phantom of the Opera down there" when describing Stefano's private tunnel system. Over at the piers, creepy Clyde is really slipping -- meeting in person with a low-level dealer of dubious loyalty. Couldn't he have sent Jeremiah, or has his bearded assistant finally developed health problems from sleeping under a park bush every night? Finally, those who have mentioned a JJ/Gabi pairing have come up with an interesting idea, but imagine Jenny's reaction. Jenny: "OMG, JJ, you've just went through a horrible time because you fell for Eve's daughter, you've miraculously avoided death at the hands of a homicidal drug dealer, and now you want to be with Gabi!? She may seem nice, but do you really want to wake up every morning next to a convicted murderer?"

That sweater of Ben's that Abby put on because she was cold was kinda ugly and I have a hard time believing that Ben would wear it. Noticed the necktie in the drawer. Chad took a pretty big risk going out in the open and climbing the fire escape. He's obviously having a fairly easy time going back and forth through the tunnels. LOL. I liked his comment about Phantom of the Opera.

Clyde is creepy as ever. That hug with Abby was cringe-worthy. And then he met with JJ on the pier. If he believes that JJ is working for the police why even bother meeting with him? Why not just go after him and kill him? I'm wondering if Roman and his cops are going to come out and get Clyde tomorrow. I'm glad that JJ finally outed Clyde to the cops though. It was high time. I must say though I'm a little surprised Roman would go along with letting JJ tell Clyde the cops were on to him and then meet with him. Who's to say Clyde wouldn't have pulled a gun out and shot JJ dead on the spot?

I'm glad that there's nothing wrong with Tate and I liked the scenes between Brady and Theresa working together as parents. Although, couldn't the writers have just said that Tate was teething or something? Colic is usually something that occurs much earlier in infancy. Tate is at least 7 months old or more now. He should be past that phase as that's usually something that happens in the first 3 months. Sorry, if this was something they were dealing with as soon as they brought him back home then sure but I feel it's a little late in the game to have colic as a problem. I know, nitpicky. LOL.

I wondered about Tate teething too. Maybe in Salem Colic happens later than where
we live. Interesting song Theresa sang. I never heard it before.

Please, oh please don't have Brady fall for her now.

I'm glad JJ told Roman about Clyde. Will Clyde say too much and he goes to jail?

I laughed when Clyde rhymed."designer gown and paying for dinner for everyone
in town"

Has Salem grown since Gabi left? She didn't know where she was going.

Enjoyed Chad talking like Andre.

Chad was lucky no one saw in climb in and out the window. Maybe the
apartment faces the back and not the street.

Please oh please don't let anything happen to Abby's baby.

I haven't watched yet. I'm wondering why Gabi would be walking around at the docks alone, with a serial killer on the loose. I don't know if it was daytime or night, but either way.....

Didn't Lexie get her brain tumor from living in those tunnels? I hope Chad doesn't get something like that.

Thanks for the summary!

Finally, those who have mentioned a JJ/Gabi pairing have come up with an interesting idea, but imagine Jenny's reaction. Jenny: "OMG, JJ, you've just went through a horrible time because you fell for Eve's daughter, you've miraculously avoided death at the hands of a homicidal drug dealer, and now you want to be with Gabi!? She may seem nice, but do you really want to wake up every morning next to a convicted murderer?"
And then JJ will reply "Hey, she did the world a favor when she killed Nick! Besides, you married a rapist. You have no room to talk."

Didn't Lexie get her brain tumor from living in those tunnels? I hope Chad doesn't get something like that.
Chad has already gone the "brain tumor" route, and look how that turned out. :)

---

Maybe JJ will just keep it in the family as he did with Eve and Paige. Gabi was married to, and murdered, a Horton descendant, and has a child by another Horton, who just happens to be JJ's cousin.

I haven't watched yet. I'm wondering why Gabi would be walking around at the docks alone, with a serial killer on the loose. I don't know if it was daytime or night, but either way.....

It was nighttime on the docks.

Interesting to see sunlight from the K-mansion though. Brady and Theresa
were so tired from taking care of Tate maybe it was dawn or was it a full moon
:)

LOL, I have not heard that song in years, but know my mom had a record on it. It is a fun song.......Ragtime Cowboy Joe.

Ragtime Cowboy Joe Lyrics
"Ragtime Cowboy Joe" was written by Abrahams, Maurice/muir, Lewis F/clarke, Grant.

He always sings, raggedy music to the cattle
As he swings, back and forward in the saddle
On a horse, the pretty good horse, that syncopated, gaited
There's such a funny meter to the roar of his repeater
How they run, when they hear this fellow's gun
Because the Western folks all know

Why he's a high-faluting scooting
Shooting son of a gun from Arizona
Ragtime Cowboy, you're talking 'bout your cowboy
Ragtime Cowboy Joe

There's such a funny meter to the roar of his repeater

Ragtime Cowboy Joe

And there's such a funny meter to the roar of his repeater

Ragtime Cowboy Joe

Ragtime Cowboy Joe
Ragtime Cowboy Joe
Ragtime Cowboy Joe

Why he's a shooting, a high-faluting
A scooting son of a gun from Arizona
Ragtime Cowboy Joe

Read more: Eddy Howard - Ragtime Cowboy Joe Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Last edited:
I have that song by Sons of the Pioneers. Love it! I learned it when I was a child, and I sang it to my kids and grandkids. Since I haven't watched the episode yet, I wasn't sure if it was the same song because "Ragtime" wasn't mentioned. Now I'm more eager to watch it. Thanks.

Back