Days of Our Lives - Tues., Sept. 11, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is only the last 1/2 hr. of the show, as it came on finally, but half way thru. Bonnie is begging and pleading with a disbelieving Lucas to talk to Adrienne, get her to let Bonnie off the hook, so she won't go to prison. Lucas figures she is lying thru her teeth, Baby Bonnie (he hates that name) is not his, she is making it all up. they yell and argue, she keeps trying to play the "daughter" card, he is not buying it. Walks out. Sheila is out there with the baby, asking him if he wants to hold her, but he just takes off. She goes in to see Bonnie, says she fed and burped the baby, don't ask her to change diaper, she cannot believe Bonnie called her so last minute for this, a baby she did not know even existed. She leaves. Bonnie walks around talking to the baby, not to worry, Lucas will come round, it is what decent folks do when someone needs their help.

John is tearful and having a huge fit at Belle, about the DNR paper. He will not allow this, as her husband, but Belle points out he is not, wasn't when the papers were signed by mom, isn't now. She doesn't like this either, but it is what mom wanted. John says if she cared at all about her mother, she would forget she ever saw these papers. Eric is watching and listening. Finally John, who is breaking up, says "I love you, Isabella, I will always love my little girl. But right now, I have never been so disappointed in you". He throws down the papers, leaves. Belle cries, Eric holds her, she doesn't know what she should do. Eric only says Mom made her the proxy for a reason. She stops sobbing, nods, picks up the papers.

Roman runs into Sonny in the park, fills him in on Paul losing use of legs. Sonny is shocked, upset. Roman continues about Paul needing Will to get thru all of this. Sonny takes it all in.

Jen and Kayla are having a long discussion about Jen telling Eric about Nicole. Kayla is convinced Eric would not go chasing around, looking for Nicole, but Jen points out how Sami reacted at just the mention of EJ. Kayla insists Eric loves Jen, chose her, ring is proof. But they both know that secrets have a way of coming out. Kayla wanted to tell Steve what she did, never got the chance, and now she cannot reach him. Jen figures Steve would understand, loves her. Kayla says Eric loves Jen.

Will comes into Paul's room, learns from Paul that he may never walk again. Will is reassuring, is going to stick by him, they will do this together. Later, Will goes to see Sonny in the park, Sonny already heard. Will knows he has to stand by Paul, but says it doesn't change anything, he loves Sonny, wants to be with him, etc. This doesn't change anything between us. But, yes, it does, says Sonny.

John comes into Paul's room, Paul seems to be sleeping. He sits, talks about Marlena and her setback, ran into Kayla who told him about Paul's legs. (John is just fantastic in all his scenes). He is rubbin Paul's leg, saying he won't give up on his family, will do everything in his power to help them, Marlena will wake up, Paul will walk.

Jen comes up to Eric in the hospital. She wants to talk to him about something very important.

Kayla is on phone, leaving message for Roman, has he heard from Shane, she is growing anxious. She hangs up, a tearful Belle arrives, papers in hand. I'm here to talk to you about my mom. Cue the soulful soap opera "looks" each gives the other.

Last edited:
Here's the first half of the show.

Lucas disbelieves Bonnie's claim to have delivered his baby, replay of him storming out upon Sheila and the precious bundle. Meet your daddy, Bonnie says to the baby. She talks about their night of passion, says if he doesn't swab up immediately, she'll go to prison and the baby will be gone to the foster care system (which is of course horribly rampant with abuse and fraud on soaps). She just wanted to settle down with her baby until "Patchy the pirate" found her. She begs Lucas to get Adrienne to intervene on her behalf - Adrienne owes Lucas for dumping him for real. Ask Adrienne to ask the DA to drop the charges.

Sonny and Will are in the Square, worrying about Paul. Caring for him has to come first, before they figure out themselves. They agree to conceal the return of Will's feelings until Paul is better. They pledge their love but keep a distance.

Paul has a spinal injury, Kayla reveals. Roman looks on. Paul wonders if he's paralysed; Kayla can't make predictions, but the odds are slim. Kayla gets beeped, Roman helps Paul process the information. Roman says that Paul has a partner who will be there with him every step of the way as Paul does a nervous take. Roman lays it on thick (subtle).

Replay of John coming upon Eric and Belle's conversation. Belle reveals Marlena's wishes. Belle had urged her "awhile ago" to get her papers in order, but didn't know it was done. John asks for time before Belle hands them over to Kayla. Belle refuses, John passionately pleads that Marlena is his home, which he spent half his life looking for, he will not let a piece of paper dictate his future. He begs Eric to tell Belle to destroy the paper; Eric can't. [See Post #1.]

Jennifer and Kayla meet; Jennifer asks for an update on the Steve/Stefan situation. Kayla just tells her Steve's out of town. They also recap the Sami/EJ statements, how cruel it was to keep someone apart. Jennifer feels she's as bad as Kristen, for denying Eric and Nicole the life and family they wanted. Kayla scolds her over this.

Will comes into Paul's room, Roman leaves with Paul's permission to tell people what's going on. Paul tells Will to sit down, Paul may never walk again. Will sits, he is so sorry. He stutters a bit as he pledges "We're gonna get you through this. Whatever you need, second opinion," etc etc. Paul admits he's "scared as hell."

Hopefully this makes the show full - it looked like we were getting to the point of Poirot's scenes...and my DVR cut off!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask Adrienne to ask the DA to drop the charges.
This makes no sense considering Bonnie broke out of prison, where she was serving time for the murder of Mr. Lockhart (who Mimi killed as a child, but Bonnie took the blame for). Adrienne would have nothing to do with getting that sentence dropped.

Was nice to see the return of "Doll in Blanket" today.

ad805a0768bb3dd92b896d6f45afb7ea.jpg

The baby during my portion looked real; though I didn't pay close attention.

My guess is Bonnie's just buying time while she plans a jailbreak. Who knows. I'm hoping for something original (like Lucas hooked up with Mimi while wasted and he's really the dad, or he once donated sperm and the baby was carried by a surrogate or something). I am not, however, holding my breath.

Great acting by Drake Hogestyn (John) but the story is silly. I don't know how many times I'll need to say it, but great acting in a lousy story doesn't really make the grade.

The baby during my portion looked real; though I didn't pay close attention.
In the very beginning it was a real baby, then they used the doll wrapped in a blanket when Bonnie was holding her in the interrogation room. Later it was a real baby when Sheila was holding her and then took her back into Bonnie.

I have been having sinus headaches on and off

Join the club

I agree about the John, Belle and Eric scenes being fantastic. Belle really needs to be in Salem permanently. But where is Sami? At least show her on the phone. Brady would have been a nice touch too. LOVED John calling Belle "Isabella" and also calling her "your sister" to Eric. Considering all of Belle and Shawn's recent visits have been short, I have a really hard time getting behind this story knowing that this is also likely a short visit. I'm guessing John will calm down eventually and they'll make up quickly since Ron likes quick resolutions to stuff as evidenced by Steve's departure.

I noticed that Bonnie referred to the baby as "the baby" when she was with Sheila. This just has to be some type of scam. My guess is the baby is her granddaughter.

The Paul stuff has fallen flat for me. I just don't care enough about the character or the story. Is anyone really going to punish Kristen? Probably not.

Some interesting anvils in the Kayla/Jen conversation about Sami/EJ not being the same as Eric/Nicole's love story. That's the second conversation we've heard like that in a week.

Thanks Poirot and Jason.

Today's show ended with a lot of questions.

Will Jennifer finally tell Eric what she knows about Nicole?

Is Lucas the father of Baby Bon Bon? And if he gets tested to see if he is will
someone fix the results? If Lucas is the father, will he raise his daughter
without Bonnie?

Will Paul ever walk again? How long will it take him to figure out Will
wants to be with Sonny and not him?

Will Belle give the papers to Kayla? Will John ever forgive her if she does?

Sami: Where was she when really needed? Viewers often groan when she appears on screen, but she could have been quite useful today. Over at the hospital, she could have sliced and diced foolish Belle and her highly questionable handling of the living will. John could have used the support. Lord knows, he wouldn't get it from insipid Bad Twin Eric. At the police station, Sami also would have made hash of Bonnie. By the time Sami got done, Bonnie would have been begging to go back to state prison.

John: Since Belle won't cooperate with Marlena's care, he should play hardball and get a good lawyer (not Justin). Somebody like Ted would quickly make Belle look like the legal dunce that she is.

Paul: Yes, he's despondent, but he ought to listen to Will and get a second opinion and maybe new doctors. He once foolishly entrusted his priceless pitching arm to Dr. McScruffy, and should not rely on the third-rate care at quack-infested University Hospital ever again.

Jenny: Somebody should tell her that compared to what's going on with Marlena, Paul, and Lucas, her problems are rather trivial. With Marlena's life hanging in the balance, Paul's ability to walk again in question, and Lucas besieged by grifter Bonnie, why should viewers care much about potential problems with her tepid love affair with Bad Twin Eric.

So am I supposed to feel sorry for Will and Sonny? The poor... what is the expression... star crossed lovers? Or because they are being oh so great for putting Paul's needs ahead of their own? Nope, sorry, not working at all. I think Sonny and Paul both treat Paul horribly and frankly, I see nothing endearing about their "love story". Neither of them deserves Paul and... Well, let's just say I'm sorry to see Paul, a character I love, get the short end of the stick, yet again.

I am really not liking Will and Sonny. I was quite shocked though for Sonny to say that yes it has to be the end of them. Wow thinking about Paul now? He sure didn't when he left him at the altar!!

That baby cannot be Lucas's. And how is there no mention of the fact that Bonnie is in he 50's!! I'm sorry but women in their 50's don't generally get pregnant that easily. Not impossible but not likely either.

Marlena is really a sad situation. I feel for the family and am hoping it doesn't last a lot longer.

Back